Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain (8697 Views)

Poll: And the winner was:

Obama: 92% (59 votes)
McCain: 7% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by omoge(f): 3:44am On Oct 16, 2008
sigh sad
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by StephenP(m): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2008
I think this was the best of the three debates. Really engaging.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:45am On Oct 16, 2008
I need an Obama teddy bear for when Mr Osisi travels out of town
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:46am On Oct 16, 2008
StephenP:

I think this was the best of the three debates. Really engaging.

did you see my man's set of teeth?
chei
the guy was created on a Sunday
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by StephenP(m): 3:49am On Oct 16, 2008
plus_Queen:

chei

LOL!!
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by maxell(f): 3:50am On Oct 16, 2008
plus_Queen:

chei

haha grin
the guy is really cute. He gives me and my sister goose bumps sometimes grin
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by StephenP(m): 3:50am On Oct 16, 2008
If I ever get banned, my new username would be Joe the plumber or Joe SixPack
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 3:52am On Oct 16, 2008
The grey teeth or the huge ears?  tongue
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:53am On Oct 16, 2008
maxell:

haha grin the guy is really cute. He gives me and my sister goose bumps sometimes grin

The man is fyne!
He is so cool.
and calm.
did you see him on Ellen dancing?
he had a little hip action going on
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by agaba123(m): 3:54am On Oct 16, 2008
Osisi ihukwara ukwu nwunye Obama.

Ukwu ya kara aka grin
in fact her waist was created on sunday too
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by milknhoney(f): 3:55am On Oct 16, 2008
Obama needs alot of prayers to win this election.
He better start praying to God, Buddha, Allah, Zeus, Apollo, Ra, the Brahmins, Mason, Jim Jones,and David Koresh.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by TayoD1(m): 3:55am On Oct 16, 2008
@plus_Queen,

haha   the guy is really cute. He gives me and my sister goose bumps sometimes
OMG, you mean McCain is giving you heart palpitations at his age  cheesy  cheesy? You probably would have suffered a heart attack if he was younger!   grin grin
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:56am On Oct 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

The grey teeth or the huge ears?  tongue

are you legally blind? grin
He has  some strong sturdy looking set of pearls that can give the right bites. grin
The guy is sexy.
His ears are just right for me grin
all the more to hear our cries regarding the economic crisis grin wink
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by StephenP(m): 3:56am On Oct 16, 2008
agaba123:

Osisi ihukwara ukwu nwunye Obama.

Ukwu ya kara aka grin
in fact her waist was created on sunday two

I saw 'em hips too.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Sisikill: 3:57am On Oct 16, 2008
StephenP:

If I ever get banned, my new username would be Joe the plumber or Joe SixPack

Lmao! Married to Jill the Hockey Mom, eh?

McCain, Obama get tough, personal in final debate

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - John McCain assailed Barack Obama's character and his campaign positions on taxes, abortion and more Wednesday night, hoping to turn their final presidential debate into a launching pad for a political comeback. "You didn't tell the American people the truth," he said.

Unruffled, and ahead in the polls, Obama parried each charge, and leveled a few of his own.

"One hundred percent, John, of your ads, 100 percent of them have been negative," Obama shot back in an uncommonly personal debate less than three weeks from Election Day.

"It's not true," McCain retorted.

"It is true," said Obama, seeking the last word.

McCain is currently running all negative ads, according to a study by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. But he has run a number of positive ads during the campaign.

The 90-minute encounter, at a round table at Hofstra University, was their third debate, and marked the beginning of a 20-day sprint to Election Day. Obama leads in the national polls and in surveys in many battleground states, an advantage built in the weeks since the nation stumbled into the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

With few exceptions, the campaign is being waged in states that voted Republican in 2004 — Virginia, Colorado, Iowa — and in many of them, Obama holds a lead in the polls.

McCain played the aggressor from the opening moments of the debate, accusing Obama of waging class warfare by seeking tax increases that would "spread the wealth around."

The Arizona senator also demanded to know the full extent of Obama's relationship with William Ayers, a 1960s-era terrorist and the Democrat's ties with ACORN, a liberal group accused of violating federal law as it seeks to register voters. And he insisted Obama disavow last week's remarks by Rep. John Lewis, a Democrat, who accused the Republican ticket of playing racial politics along the same lines as segregationists of the past.

Struggling to escape the political drag of an unpopular Republican incumbent, McCain also said, "Sen. Obama, I am not President Bush. ,  You wanted to run against President Bush, you should have run four years ago."

Obama returned each volley, and brushed aside McCain's claim to full political independence.

"If I've occasionally mistaken your policies for George Bush's policies, it's because on the core economic issues that matter to the American people — on tax policy, on energy policy, on spending priorities — you have been a vigorous supporter of President Bush," he said.

McCain's allegation that Obama had not leveled with the public involved the Illinois senator's decision to forgo public financing for his campaign in favor of raising his own funds. As a result, he has far outraised McCain, although the difference has been somewhat neutralized by an advantage the Republican National Committee holds over the Democratic Party.

"He signed a piece of paper" earlier in the campaign pledging to accept federal financing, McCain said. He added that Obama's campaign has spent more money than any since Watergate, a reference to President Nixon's re-election, a campaign that later became synonymous with scandal.

Obama made no immediate response to McCain's assertion about having signed a pledge to accept federal campaign funds.

Asked about running mates, both presidential candidates said Democrat Joseph Biden was qualified to become president, although McCain added this qualifier: "in many respects."

McCain passed up a chance to say his own running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, was qualified to sit in the Oval Office, though he praised her performance as governor and noted her work on behalf of special needs children. The Palins have a son born earlier this year with Down Syndrome.

Obama sidestepped when asked about Palin's qualifications to serve as president, and he, too, praised her advocacy for special needs children.

But he quickly sought to turn the issue to his advantage by noting McCain favors a spending freeze on government programs.

"I do want to just point out that autism, for example, or other special needs will require some additional funding if we're going to get serious in terms of research. ,  And if we have an across-the-board spending freeze, we're not going to be able to do it," he said

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/presidential_debate
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:57am On Oct 16, 2008
StephenP:

I saw 'em hips too.

she has well balanced fertile hips.
Ukwu Belgium @ agaba
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Fuup(m): 4:00am On Oct 16, 2008
STAR OF THE DEBATE ======  ''JOE THE PLUMBER'', LOL
Who the heck is he? is mccain trying to get the guy his own reality t.v show?lol
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by milknhoney(f): 4:03am On Oct 16, 2008
All said and done, Obama better hold on to his britches because this Campaign is not going to get any easier. If by chance and luck he wins, so be it. He better hope he has a smoooooooth Presidential term. Because as soon as something goes wrong, all we gonna hear is,

"This is what we get for putting a black man in office."
And you know it is the truth.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 4:04am On Oct 16, 2008
CNN flash poll

Obama 58%
McCain  38%
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by StephenP(m): 4:04am On Oct 16, 2008
Sisikill:

Lmao! Married to Jill the Hockey Mom, eh?

LMAO!!

F u up:

STAR OF THE DEBATE ======  ''JOE THE PLUMBER'', LOL
Who the heck is he? is mccain trying to get the guy his own t.v show?lol

McCain needs to get with the program, no one else, apart him and Obama, gets the "joke"!! He just wanted to use that as a distraction.

plus_Queen:

CNN flash poll

Obama 58%
McCain  38%

Awesome.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Fuup(m): 4:07am On Oct 16, 2008
milknhoney:

All said and done, Obama better hold on to his britches because this Campaign is not going to get any easier. If by chance and luck he wins, so be it. He better hope he has a smoooooooth Presidential term. Because as soon as something goes wrong, all we going to hear is,

"This is what we get for putting a black man in office."
And you know it is the truth.

Whatever happens when he wins, nobody will be able to judge based on colour because of the job bush did!!!!
Imagine if bush is black? Do you think Obama'a term will be worse than bush's?
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by maxell(f): 4:07am On Oct 16, 2008
plus_Queen:

CNN flash poll

Obama 58%
McCain 38%

Yes, I just saw this !
Praise God !!!!!

McCain's attack method backfired big time.

But we have to wait for polls from a broader audience in about a day or two's time.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 4:09am On Oct 16, 2008
[b]If you turn to fox news,it almost looks like they're conducting a funeral.
Bill Krystal,the reputed Republican pundit is the undertaker.[/b]Even he has given up on McCain.
This is not looking good at all for him.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 4:10am On Oct 16, 2008
Keep in mind that poll was made in the midst of 20 Republicans, 30 democrats and 25 independents.

anyway we have 2 more weeks to go
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by milknhoney(f): 4:11am On Oct 16, 2008
F u up:

What ever happens when he win, nobody will be able to judge based on colour because of the job did!!!!
WHAT!!!!
They might not say it out loud, but I'm pretty sure that is what most will think. Just as if they had some how nudged Hilary Clinton into office. As soon as something goes wrong, {they} would blame it on the fact that it is a woman doing a man's job.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 4:12am On Oct 16, 2008
F u up:

What ever happens when he win, nobody will be able to judge based on colour because of the job did!!!!

My dear amongst other things,there needs to be a black man in the white house in my lifetime.
That history needs to be made.
He couldn't be worse than Bush I or II or Carter or VP Dan Quayle.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Fuup(m): 4:13am On Oct 16, 2008
maxell:

Yes, I just saw this !
Praise God !!!!!

McCain's attack method backfired big time.

But we have to wait for polls from a broader audience in about a day or two's time.

Exactly because according to reports the % of democrats that watched the debate is higher than that of the republicans
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 4:14am On Oct 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

Keep in mind that poll was made in the midst of 20 Republicans, 30 democrats and 25 independents.

anyway we have 2 more weeks to go

I cannot wait.
I'll be at the polls by 6.30 AM that day before heading to work
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 4:16am On Oct 16, 2008
CNN flash poll

who was more likable

Obama 70%
McCain 22%
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Fuup(m): 4:18am On Oct 16, 2008
plus_Queen:

My dear amongst other things,there needs to be a black man in the white house in my lifetime.
That history needs to be made.
He couldn't be worse than Bush I or II or Carter or VP Dan Quayle.

am with you on dat, i made a typing error on that previous message i sent, i meant ''based on the job bush did so far''
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 4:18am On Oct 16, 2008
Lmao that's cos McCain kept trying to SMILE

Lmfao. Creepy moment
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Fuup(m): 4:20am On Oct 16, 2008
obama is super cooooooooool, how can you not like the guy?
even if you belong to the the kkk  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Aims Gun At Bulgarian Politician At A News Conference / All Africans Shoud Be Deported From The Uk / Hassan Rouhani Is Iran's Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.