Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (48234 Views)

True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 04, 2008
What nonsense is this? If una wan speak igbo, abeg make una create another thread! Na only una get native language? hissssssss angry angry
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 12:40pm On May 04, 2008
michelin89:

What nonsense is this? If una wan speak igbo, abeg make una create another thread! Na only una get native language? hissssssss angry angry
Nawa 4 u,y body go dey pepper u cos of native language,anysha if u can't beat dem y nt join dem or beta still create ur own.LOL
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 04, 2008
chisimdi:

Nawa for you,y body go dey pepper u because of native language,anysha if u can't beat them y nt join them or beta still create your own.LOL

1. Nawa for them
2. Body nor dey pepper me but i am highly irritated. This is an English forum so why speak in a langauge others can't understand? In fact it is very disrespectful!
3. I am not interested in challenging them, but they should know better than to turn this thread into an igbo chatting room!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 12:58pm On May 04, 2008
michelin89:

1. Nawa for them
2. Body nor dey pepper me but i am highly irritated. This is an English forum so why speak in a langauge others can't understand? In fact it is very disrespectful!
3. I am not interested in challenging them, but they should know better than to turn this thread into an igbo chatting room!
1STLY dis particular thread does nt hv anytin 2 do wit native language,2ndly there is no restriction of language on any thread,3rdly u did't even answer d thread radar u went off point.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 04, 2008
Not sure if it's right to stereotype, but I'll answer the question the way I see it.

Some married ladies put on weight, because possibly, especially with full-time housewives, they become less active.

It could also be due to different eating habits.

Some put on weight becomes they are content with their lot as married women. Stress during dating can make one lose weight.

Either way, you tend to grow with your wife. If you truly love her, you wouldn't notice her weight gain. Besides, you'd probably gain weight too.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 04, 2008
@ chis

Darling, just in case you haven't noticed it, this thread is quite old and I havee said my piece a long time ago.

Now back to your remark, NO OTHER LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH! Check the regulations yourself!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2008
Don't different factors contribute to people gaining weight?, such as diet, life style, stress, most importantly child birth. All these factors not withstanding if people eat properly abstain from most chemical laden foods, soda, fried/junk foods I strongly believe their chances of gaining weight is much less. Of course if they can add moderate exercises to it it certainly would be helpful as well. All been said, most women don't find most of those life changing steps necessary after marriage thinking that they are now married so there is no worry about their husband with them gaining weight,  those that have children are so preoccupied with kids that they hardly find time for their own life. Also a lot of husbands do not make time to help their wives, so what the heck pack it on baby. So guys let's not blame women let's help them they are worth it and more.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by lucabrasi(m): 2:14am On May 05, 2008
both men and women put on weight after the wedding,as the woman is cooking d meals the formerly single man isnt used to eating,so the guy is wolfing it down so most men after the wedding always develop a beer belly as well,i think its all about understanding each other,eating healthy and exercising together not blaming one party
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dangel: 4:12am On Sep 28, 2008
I think it is because some women lust after food like a drug and they become lazy about looking after their figures because they have their man. Also, they start to eat the same portions as their husbands even though they don't need as much food, so they gain weight. My wife just started eating like crazy after the wedding and has grown quite fat very quickly, as you can see. She is always hungry and always snacking between meals. Sometimes when I look at her, I am shocked by the transformation.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 28, 2008
1. Baby fat after having babies, some women can't lose the weight they gain during pregnancy

2. Wanting to impress their husband by cooking various types of food that he'll enjoy, cooking more than 3 times a day like he wants. Take a Naija man for ex, they want food more than 10 times a day undecided
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by kaylonda(f): 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2008
Years ago, when earth was still sane, and our ancestors alive, being big neva used 2 b a crime.
Today, the trend is 2 insult fat people who most times happen to be better behaved , my answer 2 ur post is 2 ask God. a couple of pple can get slim while others refuse 2 that doesnt make it a crime?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by KarmaMod(f): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2008
God would just mention the sin against gluttony. tongue
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by ula(f): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2008
im married, i have 2 kids amd im not fat, infact i look like one who isnt even married, so my dear, its not all ladies
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Akinagirl(f): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
Exactly Ula.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Janeesa: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2008
well why do men get pot bellies? too much beer perhaps?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by A40(m): 3:51am On Sep 30, 2008
Once the lady gets married she gets complacent and concludes she has the man wrapped around his fingers but again after bearing two or three kids its kinda hard to retain their normal shape so its not always their fault
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by davidylan4(m): 4:05am On Sep 30, 2008
Siena:

Not sure if it's right to stereotype, but I'll answer the question the way I see it.

Some married ladies put on weight, because possibly, especially with full-time housewives, they become less active.

It could also be due to different eating habits.

Some put on weight becomes they are content with their lot as married women. Stress during dating can make one lose weight.

Either way, you tend to grow with your wife. If you truly love her, you wouldn't notice her weight gain. Besides, you'D probably gain weight too.

you seem to always want to "say the right thing". Always ends up coming across as unreal.
if you truly love your wife u'd notice her weight gain especially if you know she could be at risk for diabetes and cardiac related disease later in life. if you hate her you can go on pretending to be the "model" man by ignoring her weight.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by tRoOE(f): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2008
[size=13pt]This one is a lie jare, not all women get fat after marriage, especially those that are very active
My mom still looks the same nor is her stomach big
For a women at her age and she's still look beautiful kiss
[/size]
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dangel: 4:32am On Oct 02, 2008
dangel:

I do beleive that many women are preocupied with their weight and figures when the are younger, but after they get married or maybe get older, they seem more interested in eating well than in staying thin

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by rubi(f): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
Lack of discipline in food intake
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
If my woman gets fat after marriage I will praise the lord grin because I was never one for skinny women anyways.
As long as her health isn't in jeopardy, and she can carry herself, abeg, I no send.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by syren: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2008
wavemasta:

If my woman gets fat after marriage I will praise the lord grin because I was never one for skinny women anyways.
As long as her health isn't in jeopardy, and she can carry herself, abeg, I no send.

mmmmhhh undecided I dont' trust this poster. R u sure? Don't see many men who actually want their wife to get fat, but hey, as long as there's love, who cares. grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dangel: 5:16am On Oct 03, 2008
dangel:

What do people think of the change in my wife's weight? What would you do in my situiation?

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by nguage(m): 5:19am On Oct 03, 2008
Is that really your wife?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Uche2nna(m): 5:19am On Oct 03, 2008
Drill Eat, baby, drill eat
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dangel: 5:34am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

Is that really your wife?
Yes, a photo from when we first met and one from earlier this year
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by nguage(m): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2008
Sorry man. Dude I know saying this makes me a jerk but it sucks to be you, what were you doing as she got fatter everyday, you should have cautioned her or something.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by bintab(f): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2008
if as a woman you need to loose weight and you want it fast , DIVORCE your man. You will see how trim you will be in 1 month.Men make women depressed most of the time and when women are depressed or not happy they turn too food unlike men who will invades another's man country on property.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by rubi(f): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2008
Does she work? Let her cut down on junk food, too much carbohydrate intake and eat only on fruits and vegetable. change the size of her plate,drink more water instead of soda and malt, that will really help. One more thing tease her about her weight to make her feel a little bit uncomfortable you guys might quarrel in the begining but she will give in latter to your suggestion
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by nuella2(f): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2010
what if the husband want her to be fat, not every man like them slim.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by queeneve: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2010
Stop impregnating the women and SEE HOW MARVELOUS THEIR FIGURES UNREVEALED!

You men are so sorry sometimes,
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2010
because nd hubby is pumpin in semen in2 dia bodis n of cos research has shown excessive semen in d body turns 2 calories especially wen its goin 2 d wrong places grin grin grin grin grin n as 4 d house wives dia cases r worse cos all dey do is cook,eat,watch home videos,gossip around n tie wrappers tinkin dey r sexy 4 dia hubby,dia arms r like rokozuna n dia breast r like baloons dat want 2 explose cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / Couple Compare Their 'Then & Now' Photos As They Mark 25th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.