Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo (6751 Views)

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / APC And PDP Billboards' Battle In Oshogbo...pic / EXPOSE: Bokoharam In Military Uniform To Welcome Jonathan Baga's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by collynzov5: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
nigeriandream: It's so sad that in this country, a man that was accused of murder and who won a senatorial seat from the confines of a prison wall still has the temerity to vie for governorship of his state. And yet he has a chance to win it. Very laughable, yet sad.
He was accused, tried and found innocent unlike you, me and everyone else who are still suspects as regards Bola Ige's death.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by cyril83(m): 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
jmaine:

What needful . . . . ?

Don't you have a boyfriend ?
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by jmaine: 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
cyril83:

Don't you have a boyfriend ?

Am not gay so stop asking needless questions . . . . .
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
collynzov5: When I opened a thread and shared similar pictures before the Ekiti elections, some said they were hired, some said they turned out to see the ''clueless'' man who has been ''misruling'' Nigeria, others siad they came to collect money and still vote for APC,...............BUT the election result told us a COMPLETELY different story.
What do they have to say this time around?

Well, you gotta agree that it's because most of them are jobless. If it was a society where every facet of the economy functioned 24/7 and people were needed to man almost every position, I doubt you'd see such crowd even on a Saturday afternoon.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by collynzov5: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Well, you gotta agree that it's because most of them are jobless. If it was a society where every facet of the economy was was functioning 24/7 and people were needed to man almost every position, I doubt you'd see such crowd even on a Saturday afternoon.
We get bigger crowd than that in such societies even on Monday afternoons watching football, baseball, rugby, cricket or whatever in several parts of those countries simulataneously. Come up with another trash.
All the ''I live abroad'' people on nairaland will not let us hear something.
Mtchewwww

3 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Rikidony(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
rattlesnake: i wonder what u gain from saying rubbish and opening ur teeth....cant u be mature for once...WTF is supporter of APC....hiannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!
The supporters of APC are heregrin grin
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by tolu4you: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
cyril83:

Omoluabi people of osun are different from gullible, hungry and semi-illiterate people of ekiti.

You can see from the rally.
you need brain evaluation, honestly
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by gratieao: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
cyril83:

Why must it be the Igbos that top the list of 419 suspects? Likes of goddy anabor , fred ajudua, etc. Why must it be the Igbo that are most frequently arrested for drug peddling? Why must it be the Igbos that will champion the manufacture and sale of fake and adulterated drugs ? Why must it be the igbos that kidnap and fond of rituals.

Guy shove your gibberish into your dirty smelly a*s.
Next time come with fact and figure
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Gboliwe: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
SirShymex:

Git, can't you see your caption is utterly disrespectful? Shut ya gob, prick.

And isn't funny that the pretentious imp, Gboliwe, was also on the thread and she contributed to it. Yet the same idi.otic plonker is going to wake up tomorrow and start crying tribalism/bigotry everywhere, blaming Seun and everyone, but herself and her ilk, for the role(s) they play in the act.

You SOBs aren't deceiving anyone but yourselves. Boko haram is slowly but surely going to light up a c4 under ya ar.ses soon, anyway. undecided

P.S: no pillock should quote my post.
You really do have serious issues. I am not your cure. Keep moving.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
gebest: wetin dem say e kill am before?
d guy was yerning opata,bad belle,their wish no work.GEJ DE KAMPE
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by UrbanMystique: 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
idumuose:
Why should he change it? Is the op not saying the truth?
another ret.ard. could small osun state contain the whole Yoruba race? Oponu

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
collynzov5:
We get bigger crowd than that in such societies even on Monday afternoons watching football, baseball, rugby, cricket or whatever in several parts of those countries simulataneously. Come up with another trash.
All the ''I live abroad'' people on nairaland will not let us hear something.
Mtchewwww
I'm assuming by "Football" you meant soccer because those other sports you mentioned above (apart from baseball) are foreign to Americans. And before your unhappiness that you were birthed in a decadent society consumes you I'd like you to understand where I was coming from, yes, huge crowds do go to events that require their presence but most of the people at that rally are undeniably there because they don't have anything better to do with their lives...or time.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by sarutobie(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
I can sight tunde salami hammering away furiously on his tecno p3 keyboard..lol..the type of thread I need for the night.

2 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by tit(f): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
Up Omisore!
Up Jonathan!!
Up PDP! Power!!!
Up Nigeria!!!!
Victory comes from Allah alone!
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Gboliwe:
You really do have serious issues. I am not your cure. Keep moving.

Your crusty k-leg and fvcked face have more issues. How about go fix both - and sort out your pathetic life, you miserable oaf? You'll back before the end of the week crying everywhere about tribalism/bigotry again, loser.

Told you not to quote me - don't quote me back.

5 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by OneNaira6: 12:23am On Aug 03, 2014
cyril83:

Why must it be the Igbos that top the list of 419 suspects? Likes of goddy anabor , fred ajudua, etc. Why must it be the Igbo that are most frequently arrested for drug peddling? Why must it be the Igbos that will champion the manufacture and sale of fake and adulterated drugs ? Why must it be the igbos that kidnap and fond of rituals.

When you start saying this your "most", better have something to back you up in it. I attest to you right now that Yoruba top the list of most wanted Nigerians worldwide. Your region rank highest in all crimes in south be it kidnapping, rape, etc and I can back it up with facts.

EFCC most wanted (I counted about 7 yorubas and 2 Igbos)
https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/index.php/wanted

World most wanted Nigerians (I counted about 9 yorubas and 2 Igbos)
http://www.nextwebsecurity.com/419MostWanted1.asp

FBI most wanted Nigerians since 2013
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-fraudster-on-fbi-list/158178/

FBI most wanted Nigerians since 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/138739/18-most-wanted-nigerians-usa

FBI most wanted Nigerian (Tobechi Onwuhara is the second Igbo to make the list)

FBI most wanted still left to be caught
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cei/@@wanted-group-listing

out of all the list, there are two Nigerians left to be caught. Both are Yoruba
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cei/olufemi-siffre/view
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cei/london-owhofasa-akpanoko/view

Out of all FBI most wanted, there have been 18 yorubas and two Igbos

Now for crimes focused on just Nigeria
armed violence

Kidnapping

Murder

Armed Violence beside Robbery

Rape

Car theft

Physical Assault (The only thing Igbo ranked higher than una)

Notice, SW would have ranked highest in all Southern region, the only reason SS outranked SW in some of this situation is the fact your sister, kemi okenyodo, the only Nigerian involved in this study, deliberately separated lagos from SW in order to cushion una high criminal behavior. In fact, recently I just learned your people use Igbo names in committing crimes, I guess this way, we get blamed for una wahalla
https://www.nairaland.com/1834328/again-yorubas-commit-crimes-using

As for the ritualism, do you really need articles to disprove your claim cause there are multiple articles in the armed,violence, etc section of this website suggesting another thing.

Next time you say most, best be ready to back yourself up with a fact. Just because your brother deliberately try to hide una crimes on this forum, does not mean official data would follow suit. After all, the 'most educated" story got busted thanks to WEAC, etc figures. The "most developed region" also got busted thanks to pictures provided by individuals visiting the region, also your own governors showcasing the place during election.

2 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by OneNaira6: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2014
I'm starting to be suspicious of all this claim that yoruba have no respect for GEJ like some people tell us on NL. I'm starting to believe half of the BS we read on this forum is by APC card carrying members. Hmm, if they have so much disregard of the man and see him as worthless, nobody, I repeat, NOBODY would waste their precious time to come see a man they have a negative view of.

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by MoneyGreen(m): 12:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Pls how can i place a bet for dis election on 9jabet? Wats PDP's odd again?
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by ola6: 3:28am On Aug 03, 2014
Although the Ekiti governorship election of June 21 was celebrated nationally and internationally, the All Progressives Congress (APC) acted true to type in its refusal to accept defeat. While the US government hailed the election as a landmark, Mr Babatunde Fashola of Lagos called the intelligence of the Ekiti people to question, saying the PDP induced the people with money.

Beyond media propaganda, Fashola is just another unskilled actor in the political arena, bereft of the enduring philosophy for which true progressives (the Bola Iges, the Jakandes) are known. It was however the leader of the imaginary State of Osun, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, that acted the lead role in the APC’s comedy of errors. Speaking in Ikirun, penultimate Tuesday, the new political analyst claimed that the poll, in which the APC candidate and governor of the state, Kayode Fayemi, lost scandalously even in his own local government area, was rigged. Aregbesola’s lullaby: “We have not seen the mystery of what they did in Ekiti. They rigged the poll there. But we are looking at them. What they did in Ekiti is not possible in Osun and we are going to resist it at all costs.”

There goes the binary dichotomy (we versus they; saint versus sinner, light versus darkness) for which the APC has acquired an indelible notoriety in Nigerian politics. The governor then inadvertently predicted his own fall: “They are day dreaming. Osun is like a wood or tree swarmed by ants, you cannot hold it.” Any tree which dares the ants and other miniature creatures will decay slowly but steadily. But perhaps Aregbesola, who wrote WAEC as his academic qualification, as published in the papers even though he claims to be an engineer, is not conversant with biology.

But Aregbesola’s tantrums need not detain us here. Our main point his call for rebellion in Osun, a move informed by a lack of historical education. He said: “Any security agent, be it policeman or soldier, that flouts the laws, we would show them that we are true sons of the Yoruba ethnic group. I said it in Iwo and I’m repeating it here. Ekiti has gone. The state has chosen its path. Let us forget about it. It is democracy. Any security agent, who does not flout the law, would be our friend. Any other one that goes contrary to the law, we would deal with him.” He told his “State Boys” not to be rattled by any threat from the security agencies, stressing: “They are afraid of you. They threatened to lock down Osun. Be ready, nothing will happen. Remain unshaken.”

In Aregbesola’s reductionist world, there are no true sons of Odua among the security agencies. Indeed, he may not know about the Maji Maji uprising, a violent resistance to colonial rule in the German colony of East Africa, following a German policy designed to force African peoples to grow cotton for export, lasting from 1905 to 1907. The policy bred social discontent and the people were justly angry. A rogue named Kinjikitile Ngwale, who claimed to be possessed by a snake spirit, however saw a golden opportunity in the people’s calamity. He gave his followers war medicine which he claimed would turn German bullets into water. Kinjeketile’s “war medicine” was in fact water (maji in Swahili) mixed with castor oil and millet seeds. And so, armed with spears and other lowly weapons, and believing in their war medicine, Kinjeketile’s followers challenged German troops, who were armed with machine guns. As the machine guns mowed them down, the freedom fighters realized their error, but it was too late. Those who were lucky retreated, throwing away their bottles of war medicine and crying, “The maji is a lie!”. Said a historian: “The Maji-Maji rebellion left 15 Europeans and 389 native soldiers and tens or even hundreds of thousands of insurgents and innocent bystanders dead. It also broke the spirit of the people to resist and the colony remained calm, thanks also to a change of governors which brought a more enlightened regime, until the outbreak of World War I. Lions in the area developed a taste for human flesh in the wake of the slaughter and the Songea region is still plagued by man-eaters.”

Indeed, if the Ngoni/Maji Maji soldiers who had a just cause to fight, nevertheless lost the battle owing to false weapons, with which weapons is Aregbesola, who has no just battle to fight, planning to deal with the security agencies? How on earth can a man who turned graduates to labourers cutting grass with machetes under the hot sun on a salary of N10,000 per month in the 21st century be seeking second term? What kind of egregious insult is this? To compound matters, he seeks to re-install himself in Government House with a ragtag army of State Boys!

Although the security agencies that Aregbesola is preparing his State Boys to confront are not an army of occupation, only morons would dare them on election day as they strive to keep the peace and give the nation another landmark election that would drive the nation’s democracy to greater heights. If Aregbesola is prepared to confront erring security agencies (erring, because they would not allow election rigging), he should rouse members of his own family, not other people’s children, to the battle. Had Aregbesola run a purposeful government, he would not now be chasing shadows, heating up the polity and stoking the fires of a foolish war, just because he has correctly foreseen his impending defeat in August. The Osun people, battered by his misrule, are prepared to rout him from Government House. They will speak with their votes, defy Aregbesola’s State Boys, and then the drums of true leadership devoid of vile propaganda will begin to sound in Osun. Truly, the Osun people are people of honour (iyi), and they will prove it in a few day’s time. As for the State Boys whom the governor has asked to deal with the security agencies, they should keep a date with the Yoruba Apala exponent, Haruna Isola: “Aro to loju, to nimu, to n dite m’ara adugbo wipe k’ogun o de, aanu won se mi.”
Isola pitied the cripples crying for war. And so do enlightened Nigerians.

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2014/07/05/wale-aribisala-aregbesola-and-his-resistance-army-in-osun/

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by collynzov5: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: I'm assuming by "Football" you meant soccer because those other sports you mentioned above (apart from baseball) are foreign to Americans. And before your unhappiness that you were birthed in a decadent society consumes you I'd like you to understand where I was coming from, yes, huge crowds do go to events that require their presence but most of the people at that rally are undeniably there because they don't have anything better to do with their lives...or time.
Absolute trash!
If sport events ''require'' the presence of your so called Americans, who says the rally doesn't require the presence of Osun people? Are rallies meant for empty seats?
If the people went to the rally because they had nothing better to do according to you, we can also assume Americans go to sport events because the have nothing better to do too.
You are not smart at all.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Gboliwe: 7:52am On Aug 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Your crusty k-leg and fvcked face have more issues. How about go fix both - and sort out your pathetic life, you miserable oaf? You'll back before the end of the week crying everywhere about tribalism/bigotry again, loser.

Told you not to quote me - don't quote me back.
Great!
You found the opportunity to remind me of my what did you call it again? "Crusty k-leg and fvked face". I am sure you are not done. Pour them all out and when you are done, your issues that need a cure will still stare right back at you. I am not your panacea. Keep moving.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by marshalfire: 9:16am On Aug 03, 2014
The end shall justify the means.let's wait and see what we happen in osun.
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by obayaya(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2014
anago90:

mofo everyone involved in your upbringing should be shot with in the brain. that an auto selection on android device. mofos like you don't own one anyway.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Another Android auto selection? grin

2 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by nationwide24: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2014
cyril83:

Omoluabi people of osun are different from gullible, hungry and semi-illiterate people of ekiti.

You can see from the rally.
Politics aside, you call Ekiti people semi-illiterates, hungry and gullible? Can you mention a state in S/West that produces more yams and other food crops than Ekiti? Gullible because they know their worth and believe in what they stand for? Semi-illiterate? Google will help you know their literacy level. The records are there. Sadly, even in 2014, people's sense of reasoning are beclouded by political alignment.

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Gboliwe:
Great!
You found the opportunity to remind me of my what did you call it again? "Crusty k-leg and fvked face". I am sure you are not done. Pour them all out and when you are done, your issues that need a cure will still stare right back at you. I am not your panacea. Keep moving.

Apart from the physical issues you have, and your obvious tendencies to always shed pretentious emotional tears from time to time. I can see you don't know when to shut it. How about shut ya gob? When I talk, you listen!

A pretentious bigot is worse than a real one - and I'm on ya case now.

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by Gboliwe: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Apart from the physical issues you have, and your obvious tendencies to always shed pretentious emotional tears from time to time. I can see you don't know when to shut it. How about shut ya gob? When I talk, you listen!

A pretentious bigot is worse than a real one - and I'm on ya case now.
Done already?
Continue
Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by whyman(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Which SW?

The rented crowd that left the stadium even before the President starts its speech. I was hurrying to Osogbo after OAU post utme yesterday only to meet most of PDP supporters back in Ile-Ife.

I believe most of them are rented crowd who returned having collected their fee and marked register. We were laughing inside the bus yesterday as the President was making his speech on the radio with pple making fun of him and his policies and we met pple on bike and motors with PDP flags coming out of Osogbo.

I would have been there because I want to see him life for once. But I got to the stadium whem he was leaving.

Have you ever watch APC rally? Very interesting and you would not leave till the end.

Jonathan dissapoint the masses who have been on his side but continue to satisfy his cohorts who are misrepresenting him at the detriment of the masses.

We saw three tankers of Kerosene at PDP secretariat when it is not available at any filling station. So if we are not PDP members no kerosene for us except at the black market @ #135. What we were told was subsidized to #50.

The rice that was banned from importation and the price skyrocketed was being distributed by PDP in Osun state to sway electorate.

We rejected Jonathan once and by the Special Grace of God we will reject him again. We are progressives and democrats we will reject the reactionary forces.

2007 is still fresh in our minds. They came to opposition areas with armed public security forces and hired machinery. Esuleke was shot 15 times @ point blank without any offense he was whisked away immediately becos he is an opposition. His son leg was pierced with bullet.

Osun is not for PDP and we will proof it again. It is not by might or force but by God and peace loving people of Osun State.

2 Likes

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by mogentle(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
whyman: Which SW?

The rented crowd that left the stadium even before the President starts its speech. I was hurrying to Osogbo after OAU post utme yesterday only to meet most of PDP supporters back in Ile-Ife.

I believe most of them are rented crowd who returned having collected their fee and marked register. We were laughing inside the bus yesterday as the President was making his speech on the radio with pple making fun of him and his policies and we met pple on bike and motors with PDP flags coming out of Osogbo.

I would have been there because I want to see him life for once. But I got to the stadium whem he was leaving.

Have you ever watch APC rally? Very interesting and you would not leave till the end.

Jonathan dissapoint the masses who have been on his side but continue to satisfy his cohorts who are misrepresenting him at the detriment of the masses.

We saw three tankers of Kerosene at PDP secretariat when it is not available at any filling station. So if we are not PDP members no kerosene for us except at the black market @ #135. What we were told was subsidized to #50.

The rice that was banned from importation and the price skyrocketed was being distributed by PDP in Osun state to sway electorate.

We rejected Jonathan once and by the Special Grace of God we will reject him again. We are progressives and democrats we will reject the reactionary forces.

2007 is still fresh in our minds. They came to opposition areas with armed public security forces and hired machinery. Esuleke was shot 15 times @ point blank without any offense he was whisked away immediately becos he is an opposition. His son leg was pierced with bullet.

Osun is not for PDP and we will proof it again. It is not by might or force but by God and peace loving people of Osun State.
Hmmm, the truth from real Osun indigene, not these rented pay per post e-dogs.

1 Like

Re: Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:54am On Aug 04, 2014
collynzov5:
Absolute trash!
If sport events ''require'' the presence of your so called Americans, who says the rally doesn't require the presence of Osun people? Are rallies meant for empty seats?
If the people went to the rally because they had nothing better to do according to you, we can also assume Americans go to sport events because the have nothing better to do too.
You are not smart at all.

If half of the people there had jobs, they wouldnt be there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Man Wants Biafrra - Disgraces Two Yoruba Men On "One Nigeria" Debate VIDEO / Buhari Won’t Authorise Anybody To Bribe Judges – Presidency / I Saw This Somewhere In Osun Today. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.