Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

My Crony - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87916 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by remmyton(f): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2014
I can beliv tears were alrdy comin out of my eyes, if hakeem had died, ehn ...........

Tdan, I wil read all ur works from today, u Ά̲̣̣̣̥я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ such a great writer
Keep t up
Re: My Crony by holyboss: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2014
I almost joined Aisha, Tomi and other in crying wen d nurse declared Hakeem dead undecided den I tot Nope T-Dan can't kill him tongue

Else #lipsSealed

Btwn Great work bro...this is actually d first time I have navigated 18 pages on a post on NL and I sure will do more as long as Hakeem remain Alive grin grin
Re: My Crony by ThaRuthlxx7: 9:59am On Aug 23, 2014
i must say ur story is brilliant..am a die hard fan of d9ty7 i never knew another genius is hiding around the corner.. Hahaha
back to the story: u nearly made me cry d thought of hakeem dying is unpalatable...keep up da go work I BELIEVE U DIE
Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2014
D story don hit frontpage.... U're so amazing @T.dan
Re: My Crony by uchebest2006(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2014
Singing...."HApPY" by Pharrel Williams.Ride on T.Dan.
Re: My Crony by Onemansquad(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2014
dat nurse mst b mad is lyk dy gt spirit pushin ha 2 broadcast news ...if it was me ehn na FORMATTING SLAP i 4 giv her.....T.dan ah c u oo *thumbsup*
Re: My Crony by daveP(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: If you had watched one of John Woo's films, you will see how Actor dey die for film.
Infact, him go die with his antagonist ni.

I'm surprised to see T.Dan bring back Hakeem.
The story would have been more interesting if he'd died. grin

*runs out of thread amidst stones and planks*
(carries shield and blocks allllll the stones, only one

one BiG one passes thru to hit prince's chest) grin
Re: My Crony by sammyjay3(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2014
AudreyTimms: Following
my nairaland crush..u're still d best
Re: My Crony by iamsmile(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: EPISODE SEVENTEEN.

"Aishat, how are you?" Hakeem quickly asked as he stood. He held the phone with a hand and his trouser with the other.

He was quiet for a moment before he took away the phone from his ear. "These ones are kidnappers for real." He said and closed his eyes tightly.

"What did they say? Who picked up the call?" Tomisin asked quickly.

"A guy... they want ten million naira ransom." He replied.

"10m?" Uthman stood up too, slack-jawed.

"Exactly, I don't know why some people are just too heartless." Hakeem hissed.

"What do we do now? Should the police be involved now?" Uthman asked.

"I was told if I bring them, they'll kill Aishat." Hakeem replied.

"I fear them oh, don't let us get the policemen involved. These kidnappers and thieves are just heartless, just like Boko Haram." Tomi said.

"There's no way we won't get policemen involved, those guys must be gotten." Uthman vociferated.

"There's no need, what we need is getting Aishat back, she the priority right now." Hakeem said.

"Anyways, I have an idea." Hastrup stopped abruptly and continued. "Let's track the money. He concluded.

"Yeah... we have a tracker.." Uthman smiled.

"Yes, we'll attach the tracker to a bundle of out of the money to know the location of the guys, then, policemen can come in." Hastrup said.

"Brilliant idea! That's a nice one.." Tofunmi clapped his hands.

"I have to call my bank manager right now." Hakeem said and scrolled through his contacts.

****++++****

DAY TWO.- OCTOBER THIRD.

It was seven o'clock in the morning, Hakeem just concluded the discussion with the kidnappers. He had been told to bring the money to the field at Peace and Progress Estate. They described the way to him and advised him not to play pranks again because it might cost lives.

Hakeem sighed, the money had been packed already, together with Hastrup's tracker in one of the bundles. "Bada, Peace and Progress." Hakeem informed his friends.

"What time?" Hastrup asked.

"5pm."

Hakeem had cancelled work that day, he slept on the three-seater sofa imagining how things would look by evening. He had been wondering if the policemen should be involved or not. He had been warned three times concerning the issue of policemen and any other pranks.

He remembered the threats concerning lives as he was told, was it his and Aishat's lives the guy meant? Whichever one, he had made up his mind he wouldn't involve the police, he hoped all would be well.

He had been reciting Ayatul Kursi, a verse in the Holy Qur'an which have immense power of Protection from any acts of Evils and also prayers for protection and help. He hadn't heard his Aishat's voice, he continued hoping all would be well.

Hastrup and Uthman had gone to the company, Hakeem had told them to go so that everything wouldn't be muddled up. He had been examining Hastrup's iPad that had the location of the tracker on it before he laid and started quoting the surah again.

He was still on the sofa when his phone rang. "Aishat." He muttered as he picked up the phone and saw an unsaved mobile number. He hissed as he looked disappointed and picked up the call.

"This is Derin." The sexy voice said to him.

Derin? What's this one calling me for? Does she know I'm not a kind of guy who's useless at all? he said to himself and greeted her. "How have you been?" Derin asked him.

Hakeem was not in the mood to discuss, he felt like snubbing her but controlled himself. "I'm good, I'm busy, I'll call you later." He replied her.

"Hakeem, you wish to avoid me right? I'm sure you aren't busy.." Derin's soft voice told him.
Temitope Daniel you've forgotten Hakeem lied he is Tope to Derin
"See Derin... I'm busy." Hakeem ended the call and cllsed his eyes.

4:30pm.

Hakeem took a cold shower before he stepped out. He placed the iPad right beside the passenger's front seat and the box of money on the foot mat, right beside him. He called his friends and told them he was ready to leave. He had called Tomi likewise and got her informed.

He rebuked Hastrup and Uthman's company with him, it might be dangerous, he had thought and sped off.

He got to Legacy Guest House- the junction that lead to the Estate he was told to bring the money when his phone rang. He picked up the phone and glanced at the dashboard as he picked the call. It was 4:51pm already.

It was Aishat's call. "Yeah." He said.

"Honda Pilot, with the number- LND - 104 - BJ , the glass is not tinted so I can see you dressed in either a cream shirt or a white one." The voice told him.

Hakeem smiled. "Alhamdullilah, thank God I told these people not to follow me, if not.." he muttered as he applied the brake. "It's me, where should I go to?" He asked.

"I've been here, monitoring you. Just keep going straight, till you get to the Estate and finally the field." The guy replied him.

Hakeem peeped outside, he couldn't see anyone. He smiled again and drove on, he knew the guys must be around, peeking at him.

He finally got to the field, he was still on the call when he got there. "I'm there already." He told the guy.

He was asked to drop the money there and turn his car back, he'd see a turning by the left, after some seconds' drive, he'd see a big church. He was told Aishat was there.

"Thank you." He said and hopped into the car instantly, he drove as directed and got to the church. He could sight the big board, Sinai Baptist Church. He looked around for few minutes but couldn't find Aishat. He picked up the phone and dialed Aishat's mobile number again. "I can't find her." He said, instantly the call was picked.

The guy laughed wickedly. "This is just a tip of the iceberg, so you like this girl as we've been told? Anyways, if you really wish to get her, come with another five million naira tomorrow." The guy replied him.

"This is what I hate! I hate it when you don't keep to promise! This is not our..." Just then, the call ended.

Hakeem got umbrageous, he dialed the mobile number again but it wasn't picked. He walked back to the car and picked up the iPad as he called Hastrup. "The guys didn't release her." He informed.

"This is rubbish! Should I get the policemen now?" Hastrup asked him.

"No, I don't know where the guys are, but I'm sure they are watching me." He replied him.

"That's not my concern now, let's get the police."

"No, the money has moved away from the location I dropped it." Hakeem told Hastrup as he stared at the iPad.

"That will make it easier, come back home, let's plot how everything will be done."

"No, I'll hide somewhere here. Get the police." Hakeem ended the call and continued staring at the iPad. He zoomed the location and noticed the money had moved, he dropped thr iPad and drove back to the field.

He redialed the mobile number again, this time, it was picked up. "Release Aishat, it's not funny." Hakeem said, he was already angry.

"You think I'm joking? Is it because you've not heard her voice? Let me slap her here so that you can know what she's facing here." The voice replied him.

Hakeem was infuriated as he heard Aishat's cry. "He's really beating her." He said and his hearbeat increased. He opened his mouth slightly and picked up the iPad again. He came down from the car and looked around, he saw no one. "The guys must be in this Estate." He thought as he got back into the car.

He ended the call, alreading panting. He called Hastrup immediately and asked him how things were going. Hastrup told him he had contacted Tofunmi and Tomisin already.

He couldn't hold back his anger, he whined down the glass and peeped outside again. "I will trace them." He affirmed and picked up the iPad again.

He could see the direction clearly, he kicked the engine and drove forward. He could see that the green indicator was moving as he was driving, he got the tactics and continued driving till he got to the house. It was thirty minutes' drive before the tracker stopped.

He dropped the iPad and stared at the building. His heart almost skipped a beat, he summoned courage and got down from the car. He called Aishat's mobile number and could still hear her crying. He peeped through the gate and saw no one. I havd to hide, he thought and walked back to the car.

"These guys haven't gotten the police already, this is getting late!" He exclaimed and got to the front of the car.

"Who are you?" A husky voice asked him as the gate of the house was opened.

Hakeem shivered as he stared at the huge guy who asked him. "I'm..." he began stuttering until the guy came out and pushed him into the compound.

It was his shout that got the guy's attention. He was pushed into the living room, where he met three more huge guys. He could hear Aishat's voice faintly, from the living room where he was told to kneel.

"Are you Hakeem?" One of the guys asked him.

Hakeem kept quiet, he was shivering as he looked at each of the guys one after the other. "Can't you speak?" Another voice thundered.

"Get Aishat." Rooney, one of them ordered his guys.

Hakeem was reciting the surah he had been reciting since, he kept his head low as they brought Aishat out.

♥♥♥♥
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
Thank God for this privilege, thanks to all the readers likewise, to Oga Mynd44, me sighted u wen dz story got to fp dz early mawnin.. Thanks all for believing In me.

I've been working on PEACE AND APRIL since mawnin, If you've not read the series by me, visit

www.temitopedaniel.

you can also check my profile to read other stories by me, kill me if u don't like dem... cheesy

www.nairaland.com/temitopedaniel and on fb page...
www.facebook.com/temitopePage

Love u guys!!
Re: My Crony by gbafched: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
[quote author=TemitopeDaniel]Thank God for this privilege, thanks to all the readers likewise, to Oga Mynd44, me sighted u wen dz story got to fp dz early mawnin.. Thanks all for believing In me.

I've been working on PEACE AND APRIL since mawnin, If you've not read the series by me, visit

www.temitopedaniel.

you can also check my profile to read other stories by me, kill me if u don't like dem... cheesy

let's do that by sending trailer loads of quill
Re: My Crony by pelvicky(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Thank God for this privilege, thanks to all the readers likewise, to Oga Mynd44, me sighted u wen dz story got to fp dz early mawnin.. Thanks all for believing In me.

www.temitopedaniel.

www.nairaland.com/temitopedaniel and on fb page...
www.facebook.com/temitopePage

Love u guys!!
how fp take concern me,,,pls update ooooooooooooo
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
daveP: (carries shield and blocks allllll the stones, only one
one BiG one passes thru to hit prince's chest) grin
aaah!!
*In Abija's voice*
Eeeeeewoo, a kii gboku oko, a kii gboku ada.
Irooooo nla!!

*stands up straight and laughs at him*
So, na like this you love me so? I yaff know now.

@TemitopeDaniel, you worth the frontpage thing o jare my boss.
but me still angry at you oo, you should have let Hakeem die na.

and

You should improve in your writing style and choice of words, bro.
You can develop yourself by reading articles, books and other people's works.

Also, you've started to add grammar ba? (I noticed some like incommunicado or something and some others)
You don't need that for now. Writing is not about your knowledge of big english words, It's about how you construct your words and the pleasure people derive from it's simplicity.

I dey gbadun you sir cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Viewing this topic: dapizy02(m), MissSlimbody(f), fhukoni(f), prettimoi(f), labbyboi(m), Coolboi05(m), thaotech(m), gbafched, flakkykul(f), careytommy(m), tayo69(m), Doughyeenbae(f), and 10 guest(s)
Viewing this topic: segunjowo(m), gennysq(f), mikeljims(m), gbafched, pelvicky, adrainuche, trusted(m), rollytee(f) and 11 guest(s)
Walahi, if all of una no drop your comments peren......

*folds my arms, crosses legs and waits to watch them comment*
Re: My Crony by adrainuche(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
PrinceAdepoju:

Boss Carry On
Re: My Crony by gbafched: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
PrinceAdepoju:

drop comment when I am not a commentator
Re: My Crony by MissSlimbody(f): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
PrinceAdepoju:

Hahahahaha, stil reading bro ...wil comment wen i'm donegrin
Re: My Crony by flakkykul(f): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Well done bro
Re: My Crony by ogaprime(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hameenat94: This story z really awesome buh u gat to put somethings into consideration.. Things lyk wen Azeezat hugged Hakeem... We dnt hug d opposite sex dat is nt our hubby nd broda nd no shaking too... Im nt trying to b over religious here buh all dese would make d story more interesting nd I noticed sometyn in all ur stories.. Wen someone is driving along a road.. U dnt seem to name d plc, e.g. Lyk he's driving along Rumokoro nd He's going to Oil mill.. This z jst an example... Pls take d road direction into consideration.. This is wat makes Kayemaje nd Frank's story very interesting...

Madam, side-hugging nkor (not face to face, just side by side,hands on each others back)
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
Front page tins. Kip it up T-dan
Re: My Crony by tmamuda(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
I don miss oh. Have 2 read dis nite b4 d show finishd. Hope say more episode on d way.

TDAN, Still wit U.
Re: My Crony by MissSlimbody(f): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
...Came across dis thread 4 d 1st time dis afternoon. I had 2 start reading 4rm d very 1st page.
Dis is so so nice, i must confess. *More inspiration* Double thumbs up 4 u.

Tags: Temitopedaniel
PrinceAdepoju
Re: My Crony by slimbimaz(f): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hmmmmm!!! this story is breathtaking...OgA TDan, thumbs up... more ink to your pen
Re: My Crony by Yudeeaikay(f): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
TDan u r doing very well here o...but u didnt inform us on d blog dat u've continued d story here...#ntfair#...very wonderful story here..keep it up....next update pls!!!
Re: My Crony by hoynlorlar(f): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
@tdan,kudos...I cant see d last episode cry
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
TYPING THE NEXT EPISODE ALREADY, DROPS BY 9PM.

TEE'DAN.
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
*Dances into the thread with my igele *

cheesy cheesy Tee.dan where's the bush meat? grin grin

PrinceAdepoju you want to kill my Hakeem ba undecided
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
My problem is always late coming

i know i will be late for my death gan...lolz

So captivating, thrilling, motivating infact!!!!

but oga TemitopeDaniel if u no invite me for ur nxt bombshell piece enh?

but for now.....anywia u go i go dey follow follow you oooo
Re: My Crony by Hameenat94(f): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
ogaprime:

Madam, side-hugging nkor (not face to face, just side by side,hands on each others back)
ntt allowed also
Re: My Crony by larteefarh: 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
This was really nice!
But who sent d kidnappers?
Re: My Crony by Tannie(f): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
I wasn't called again. Hmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.