Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

My Crony - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87767 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by Essyydiamond(f): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Candis009:

I bin fear,I think sey Na koboko grin
Kobo....wetin? Ah ah how na? 4 dt fine talk wey u talk so. Anyway d vanilla icecream don get justice 4 my bele. Abeg no run like dt next time make u no 4 fail break.
Re: My Crony by Tipiflexy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Hmmm.
thepatriot prophesied this.

but, that word is kinda harsh sir.
You're not wrong though.

###just passing.
Av I said anything wrong?Just calling ha attention to something she could av done earlier.
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Essyydiamond:
Kobo....wetin? Ah ah how na? 4 dt fine talk wey u talk so. Anyway d vanilla icecream don get justice 4 my bele. Abeg no run like dt next time make u no 4 fail break.
Blushing, pink blue n.. Tanx dear
My ice cream o,not smiling
Re: My Crony by Sallychizzl3: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Chai!!! shocked

See wetin dah contest thread did? cheesy

It made me and some people discover AudreyTimms.

Truth be told, everybody has their strengths and weaknesses and no matter how hard we try we can't be like someone else but ourselves. That's why we need to bring the best out of ourselves.

Talk of king of pidgin in captivating readers and I'll give you madness.com, talk of prison break producer and I'll give you kayemjay grin

Talk of king of exaggeration and funny stunts and I'll tell you to find Therock5555

I can go on and on and on and you all will realize each writer is unique in his/her own way.

I critiqued T.Dan too but let us stop wanting him to be like somebody else, he can never be.

Our criticism is really getting too far and we might eventually scare him of updating or nip the inspiration of the story in the buds of his mind.

He is getting better and let us encourage him.

Sincerely I once tried starting a story, mehn it wasn't at all easy, I had to give up. grin

T.Dan please do ur thing ur way and not anybody else's way.

waiting impatiently...
Re: My Crony by Hameenat94(f): 12:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Y dis comparison all of a sudden? Who read His 1st story... I mean dat followed him 4rm d beginning 2 d end? Dat story is his best story so far 2 me cos He has written it already b4 posting it here.. I think d rest are thinking nd posting... He's g8t nd he has his unique way of writing his stories... Even If u wnt 2 help him there re so many way 2 do it ntt lyk dis.. Pls lets stop hurting his ego.. I went 2ru all d comments nd i feel bad honestly... This present story has a lot of corrections which Pointed out earlier... Buh He's ntt a Muslim nd He doesn't knw our etiquette dat much(my observation) nd I tried telling him which He listened 2... In April seriesevery weekend.. I tried 2 do some corrections 2 which He also listened 2 it.. This is wat he nids ntt comparison dat would lead 2 beef... T Dan I believe in u nd I knw u cn do it.. Jst ignore d negative criticism nd follow ur instincts...
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:32am On Aug 28, 2014
chii8:
my dear, you need to read Chimamanda Adichie's Purple Hibscuis,there you will see characters flying here and there
I've read the book, dear. You can't compare that with Danee's.

the novel centred on Kambili. My crony centres on Hakeem, Uthman, Hastrup, Aishat, Azeezat, Tesleem etc.

We almost know everything about these characters, you should tell me how much you know about Amaka, Father Amadi, Father Benedict and others. What else did Adichie tell us about Ade Coker? I'm not sure if she told us about his family, friends and all that in the story.

I'm sorry if I've been rude, but I'm stopping the criticizing thing right away.

Please, forgive me guys.
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:37am On Aug 28, 2014
Candis009: Please u guys criticising r going over and over again and I don't even see it as constructive criticism anymore.

Y u comparing his stories with dat of Audrey? Dats an insult,after ur insults u end it with "ur humble follower" "we want you to improve" and d likes but from my own point of view Dats not d only thing you are doing,u r also discouraging him,u r hurting his ego den pretending u r helping him.

Let's see it this way,a student who loves mathematics and don't know it but his teacher is bent on improving him,she calls him to d board each time to solve a problem, wen he fails she criticises him,d teacher continues that every time . Later on the student prefers to b punished Dan entering the maths class.

For about two pages of ds story now,u all av bin discussing ds issue alone in an abusive manner,give him a break Joe. Later come back and criticise

I know av being spewing rubbish since but pls let's give him a break

#runs out without looking back#

you should look back and see me on my knees.

I'm really sorry.
Re: My Crony by Gamesound(m): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Re: My Crony by Gamesound(m): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Re: My Crony by thepatroit: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2014
I don't think I'm going to comment here again now that I, a professional book critic is being called a novice and a fool.

I felt it was okay to criticise Tee Dan's work because I saw due to the nature of my work that he had potentials and just needed a little work. He took correction the first time I corrected him and I also came out to commend him for improving. Those throwing insults about didn't see that.

What people fail to realise is that agents are looking for raw talents everyday. They visit such sites and by the time sub-standard goods are offered, you don't know you've lost a chance at stardom when you could have given the top quality you're made of.

And what are writers really writing for? For the money? For entertainment? Look at Chimamanda today. She wrote stories worthy of various awards. God knows if I were a writer, I would try my best to make sure my book is award worthy.

Readers you can continue asking for more sub-standard stories simply because you're eager to know what happened in the next scene but wouldn't it be better if you could say someday that you knew a renowned writer when he /she was just starting in nairaland?

Peace! I'm out.
Re: My Crony by pelvicky(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2014
thepatroit: I don't think I'm going to comment here again now that I, a professional book critic is being called a novice and a fool.

I felt it was okay to criticise Tee Dan's work because I saw due to the nature of my work that he had potentials and just needed a little work. He took correction the first time I corrected him and I also came out to commend him for improving. Those throwing insults about didn't see that.

What people fail to realise is that agents are looking for raw talents everyday. They visit such sites and by the time sub-standard goods are offered, you don't know you've lost a chance at stardom when you could have given the top quality you're made of.

And what are writers really writing for? For the money? For entertainment? Look at Chimamanda today. She wrote stories worthy of various awards. God knows if I were a writer, I would try my best to make sure my book is award worthy.

Readers you can continue asking for more sub-standard stories simply because you're eager to know what happened in the next scene but wouldn't it be better if you could say someday that you knew a renowned writer when he /she was just starting in nairaland?

Peace! I'm out.
am nt among those who insult u,,,but i feel u shd leave this guy (tee dan)alone.....let him be!!! 4 xrist sake.

But we tank God u r out
Re: My Crony by Sallychizzl3: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Good morning fam.

erm.........where T.Dan abeg

I wan know wetin hapun to Hakeem having his attack without his inhaler.

Seriously I wan make someone die. grin tongue
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: you should look back and see me on my knees.

I'm really sorry.

Sorry? shocked,I don't mean it dat way o. Just trying to put us back on the right track,tanx for seeing it as one. Temitipe Daniel,we r sorry and loyal sir
Re: My Crony by myndd(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Been awt for a while to c all dis was quite disappointing.T-DAN I BILIV IN YOU
Re: My Crony by codedbaby(f): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2014
T Dan this is not ur first story am reading. Am a silent follower of yours. Put more effort. we human are bound to make mistakes. I know at the end of it all, u will smile at the end. waiting for more updates.
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Essyydiamond:
ToriEM this babe suppose pay vision fee make u 4 see good good things 4 am. See icecream wey I bring wan give am make she take kul im head, d next thing wey I see be say d babe tear race.
Ahah u sef so wait if u bekum akauntant e mean say my ministry no 4 near permanent site o...bkos she dn tear race leave d ice cream n 4 dat she gat pay ice cream fee...NO ICE CREAM SHAL PAS U BY AGAIN
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
@princeAdepoju I agree with you. For T.dan to be wat he wants to be even outside nairaland, we shd criticize is work. We shd show him where he is wrong.
Errors are to be minimal, Pls Tdan manage your grammatical blunders, and compositions.

I love your stories no doubt abt that.
#Team AishaHakeem noni
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Error or Errors. I voted for You. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Sallychizzl3: Good morning fam.

erm.........where T.Dan abeg

I wan know wetin hapun to Hakeem having his attack without his inhaler.

Seriously I wan make someone die. grin tongue
lol am Nominating Hakeem grin grin
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Lakeshizu: Error or Errors. I voted for You. cheesy cheesy

Ojebi undecided
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Candis009:

Ojebi undecided
na you sabi embarassed tongue tongue embarassed
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lakeshizu: na you sabi embarassed tongue tongue embarassed
Lol. no vex
Re: My Crony by Sallychizzl3: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lakeshizu: lol am Nominating Hakeem grin grin

Abi. grin

All these near death experiences don taya me sef. angry
Make he die if he go die. tongue

Actors go, actors remains.....#Game of throne tinz.

Waiting impatiently....
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tipiflexy: Y ar u just doing d correction wen u could av done it earlier?U allowed a novice do d leading y u follow.Besides I tot u were so close to him on dis forum,dont kw y u ar just correcting him wen u could av called his attention earlier.
So if am close to him I shouldn't tell him the truth,moreover this is not my first time just that I was just blunt this time around. I know I ve told him many times to always proof read his work before updating coz u will see many errors while going through his works yet I ve not seen much improvement. T-Dan,u are a good writer,don't ever give up. I know you will get there one day. All the best!!
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Candis009:
Lol. no vex
apologies accepted.... hope u are good?
Re: My Crony by lanxebony(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tdan pls drop d update n 4get d diss of a stuff... Faceless chat u knw nobody
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
T-Dan,where are you,plz come and update.
Re: My Crony by Hameenat94(f): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
thepatroit: I don't think I'm going to comment here again now that I, a professional book critic is being called a novice and a fool.

Peace! I'm out.
dnt say dat pls... T Dan nids as much help as he can get 4rm all of us cos He nids improvement... Where is Dannee self? Are u angry or jst dnt want to update cos of d whole stuff?

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Essyydiamond(f): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
ToriEmManson: Ahah u sef so wait if u bekum akauntant e mean say my ministry no 4 near permanent site o...bkos she dn tear race leave d ice cream n 4 dat she gat pay ice cream fee...NO ICE CREAM SHAL PAS U BY AGAIN
ah ToriEM! Ur head is dia
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Essyydiamond:
ah ToriEM! Ur head is dia
Hahahahahaha Essyy mbok limme ..nw everi tin get fee abi
Re: My Crony by jaymomma(f): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
T.Dan dearie, I feel peeps r being too hard on U in terms of criticism but take it in stride and don't let it weigh U down. Do ur best and I know say one day, U'll make us proud.

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Okinjay(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmmmnnn...that awkward moment when "everybody" becomes a critic undecided.. *just observing*

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.