Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) (28474 Views)

China's Ghost Towns And Phantom Malls / Are Nigerians Afraid Of Glitzy Shopping Malls ? / Any New Shopping Malls Planned In Lagos, Abuja, Kano Or Port Harcourt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Tayras: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ahuitzotl: No matter how a monkey is groomed and given a tuxedo suit...A monkey is still a monkey.If you like build a dozen malls, Ibadam will always be seen as below......A kingslum of brown roofs.

Its good u said "Brown roofs" and not "Rusted roofs". lol

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by whitecat007: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
And most returnees are choosing Ibadan over Lagos, I'm still trying to figure out the reason for this other than cheap food. I know I'm going to drive up there for original Amala that no where does better when next I have a touchdown, and ask Omisore to take me to guguru isle in soprite. grin
Rassco: are you talking of the Ibadan I do business in or the one in your kolo imagination? To what end? Discourage investors to ibadan? Only kids will fall for your tricks. The rate people are relocating to Ibadan is astronomical and not even your paid propaganda can stop it.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by vicadex07(m): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
winbyforce:
More like 70-80% bro! smileyGo to the real Ibadan in d slums and see for yourself. Even JP Clarke admitted it: ''Ibadan,city of gold and rust scattered among seven hills like broken China in the sun''

Thunder fire that your mouth for Quoting JP Clarke...Who is JP clarke to utter such about Ibadan. Haven't you heard of fiction b4?

Ibola's always talking trash they no nothing about. You people should go about your own business first...last I heard, the Igala people are commiting genocide on your land; slaughtering ibolas like chicken.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by winbyforce: 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
vicadex07:

Thunder fire that your mouth for Quoting JP Clarke...Who is JP clarke to utter such about Ibadan. Haven't you heard of fiction b4?

Ibola's always talking trash they no nothing about. You people should go about your own business first...last I heard, the Igala people are commiting genocide on your land; slaughtering ibolas like chicken.
Cool down guy! I have been living in Ibadan since 2008,I know what I'm taking about;more people live in the 'slum areas'.The city is transforming very rapidly though.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by vicadex07(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
Tbamo:

Dude I grew up in ibadan ,but I stay most of the time now in Port harcourt, that mall is four times the size of big treat at Air Force junction which is the closest thing to a mall in port harcourt!

I know a mall is being built and should be completed before the end of the year beside govt house, but before that time nothing in PH can compare to that ( and note that's the smallest of the four different malls in Ibadan).

That PH own no be mall again...anything smaller than ventura mall in Ibadan na shopping complex.

8 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by alingo4life: 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abegi Jare..Any Ibadan peeps in the house should send me a PM..Male and Female..Ib city all the way..

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by whitecat007: 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
O ga ooo! grin grin
Eebo brought Ebola to Nigeria and we kuku gave them la join from behind while on their kneels.

Ebola is Eebo and Eebo is Ebola.
vicadex07:

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by alingo4life: 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsNas: True that. The market in Ibadan is big enough to accomodate the malls and also the open markets. The population in Ibadan is enough to sustain the growth and expansion of all those chains of retail marketing; people from southwest states farther inland do come shop in Ibadan anyways. What I fear is if the market women in places like Agbeni, Oje, Beere and co won't suffer because of this upward trend in retail mall business. I used to love going to those open markets as a kid and see my Mom or Dad haggling over the price of whatnot.

I've never being to any of those malls in Ibadan, but I sure would love to visit. It will be a welcome change in the way business is being done and also cater to the needs of the upwardly mobile Ibadan residents.

MsNas,Abeg reply my PM..I dey gbadun you gan on the US student thread..Ib city representing..Thanks
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by semitunde: 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
vicadex07:

Awww...its on the right when you are going towards U.I from Sango bus stop. Its not as big as heritage mall, or the other one at ring road...maybe that's why you didn't instantly spot it.

Well, we went through Iwo road-Agodi-Bodija-Dugbe-Ring Road. I'm not sure it was along our route.

I saw one Mauve building at ring road though, not also sure if its the same one mentioned in sloothe's former thread.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by MrDoGood(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
op u too dull
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by semitunde: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
winbyforce:
Cool down guy! I have been living in Ibadan since 2008,I know what I'm taking about;more people live in the 'slum areas'.The city is transforming very rapidly though.

You don't know Ibadan. Most of the places known to people especially visitors, as poor areas don't add up to 30% of Ibadan. Unless you regard not being poor as super rich.

You can choose what to believe though...

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Ahuitzotl: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
kolaaderin:
[s]That ibadan is where the civilization of this country started from, and u need to ask ur great grand father where he got his first chance of formal education, he will inform u that when ibadan attained that status of a city ur village king still lives on tree. [/s]
I get am before before no be property,Ibadam has lost it, Brown roofs and mud houses....

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Ahuitzotl: 12:04am On Aug 04, 2014
Tayras:

Its good u said "Brown roofs" and not "Rusted roofs". lol
Ibadam slum roofs are made of corrugated iron sheets,if iron corrodes it turns brown, so there you have it....A Kingdom Brownish Rusted Roofs..

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by vicadex07(m): 12:06am On Aug 04, 2014
semitunde:

Well, we went through Iwo road-Agodi-Bodija-Dugbe-Ring Road. I'm not sure it was along our route.

I saw one Mauve building at ring road though, not also sure if its the same one mentioned in sloothe's former thread.

No wonder...you didn't even come close
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by vicadex07(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Ibadam slum roofs are made of corrugated iron sheets,if iron corrodes it turns brown, so there you have it....A Kingdom Brownish Rusted Roofs..

You this bastard...get of this thread and go and attend to your people. The igalas are about wiping out ibos at aguleri from the face of earth.

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by semitunde: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2014
vicadex07:

No wonder...you didn't even come close

I honestly don't know where samonda is, though I know the name.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by vicadex07(m): 12:24am On Aug 04, 2014
semitunde:

I honestly don't know where samonda is, though I know the name.

Lol...just after U.I if you're coming from U.I to roundabout.

The mall is on the left side of the road...a unique, tall, red/grey building just before getting to Sango.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by semitunde: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2014
vicadex07:

Lol...just after U.I if you're coming from U.I to roundabout.

The mall is on the left side of the road...a unique, tall, red/grey building just before getting to Sango.

OK thanks, I'll sure check it out when next I come over.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Ibadam slum roofs are made of corrugated iron sheets,if iron corrodes it turns brown, so there you have it....A Kingdom Brownish Rusted Roofs..

You and your likes are just ignorant, its simple as that. Here is a picture of Nice in France and the Tuscan Hills red roofs. The red roof, to a certain extent, are signs of ancient cities that developed and survived.

If you travel by air often, you'll notice that Lagos (the supposed most developed city in Nigeria) has its own fair share of red roofs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Olaone1: 1:04am On Aug 04, 2014
Where is my babe, mizzd? wink

Moi sweetest
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Ahuitzotl: 5:31am On Aug 04, 2014
vicadex07:

[s]You this bastard...get of this thread and go and attend to your people. The igalas are about wiping out ibos at aguleri from the face of earth.[/s]
Chai,E pain you wella....
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Ahuitzotl: 5:34am On Aug 04, 2014
dsonofmaan:

You and your likes are just ignorant, its simple as that. Here is a picture of Nice in France and the Tuscan Hills red roofs. The red roof, to a certain extent, are signs of ancient cities that developed and survived.

If you travel by air often, you'll notice that Lagos (the supposed most developed city in Nigeria) has its own fair share of red roofs.

Point of correction Ibadam has a very large share of rusted roofs in Southwest Nigeria..Rusted Corrugated Roofing Sheets, a sign of deprivation,stagnation and delapidation.Red roofin tiles are a norm in ancient European cities...

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:38am On Aug 04, 2014
The more Igbo people use the derogatory expression, "brown roof" on Ibadan, the more more malls are openned in the city. The malls in Ibadan alone are more than the ones in the entire South East.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by kingingkinging: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2014
I laugh in foreign language , each time I see the depth of hatred of a region to another in Nigeria.

The only reason I laugh is because the West will always and forever be more advanced than the east, so why the hatred?

Gba fun oga ee. ( Accept the superiority of your master)

QED

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by felifeli: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The more Igbo people use the derogatory expression, "brown roof" on Ibadan, the more more malls are openned in the city. The malls in Ibadan alone are more than the ones in the entire South East.

It is peni5 envy my brother . The bigger their hatred is the smaller their peni5 is grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Point of correction Ibadam has a very large share of rusted roofs in Southwest Nigeria..Rusted Corrugated Roofing Sheets, a sign of deprivation,stagnation and delapidation.Red roofin tiles are a norm in ancient European cities...

When you grow up, re-read your post again and you will see that your thought are nothing but a mere expression of ethnic hate and inferiority complex. Just as with corruption, people like you are the problems of Nigeria.

I know people like you very well, this medium is your only means of having fun. You are incorrigible, so positive discussion with you is a futile effort and a complete waste of time. I wish you well, and keep having fun in your near-unconscious stupidity.
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Ahuitzotl: 10:24am On Aug 04, 2014
dsonofmaan:

[s]When you grow up, re-read your post again and you will see that your thought are nothing but a mere expression of ethnic hate and inferiority complex. Just as with corruption, people like you are the problems of Nigeria.

I know people like you very well, this medium is your only means of having fun. You are incorrigible, so positive discussion with you is a futile effort and a complete waste of time. I wish you well, and keep having fun in your near-unconscious stupidity.[/s]
Welcome to Kuviikiland...
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by kennysbst(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2014
I wonder wen will dis pple learn.each tym IB city is mention in any news,wat comes nxt for them is to keep beefing and showing our ancient city pics.and funny enough wen hearing fastest developing city after lag, to them how can that be possible under rusting roof?and guess what we laugh at them because they find it difficult to believe our commitment to our work and social life.aside that,der are so many international and local industrial company here in IB city that u can never imagine or find such in all of der so call states including infrastructures.i dont need to mentions names google can be ur frd.

why keep showing the ancient pics OKEY now i remember since u dont have any heritage it alright u all can keep showcasing our heritage of ancient city pics to the world at large as our state tourism marketer.guess what?we care free because OYO LOOWA
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: I get am before before no be property,Ibadam has lost it, Brown roofs and mud houses....
Do you realise that those mud houses are people's heritage?. Demolishing those would mean destrying years of history. I am not from Ibadan, but from a smaller town. A good part of my childhood memory is going to visit my grans in their mud houses. The architectural plans are somethingelse. Our forefathers have been constructing storey buildings, drainage systems before western civilisation as opposed to those living in small round hut.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Aycorrect(f): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
u werent xpectin me to read all dah shit updere!!..doubt it
Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by MsNas(f): 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
winbyforce:
More like 70-80% bro! smileyGo to the real Ibadan in d slums and see for yourself. Even JP Clarke admitted it: ''Ibadan,running splash of rust and gold,flung and scattered among seven hills like broken China in the sun''
Please don't even quote JP Clark! You started living in Ibadan when? '08? I was BORN there and I lived there full-time for 16 years. 70-80% of which people? So just 20-30% of the rest of the Ibadan populace live in Alakia, Samonda, Old Bodija, New Bodija, Apata, Ring Road, Oke-Ado, Oluyole Estate and Extension, Gbagi, Iyana Church, Airport, NNPC, Mokola, Sango, Bashorun, Agodi-Gate, Iwo -Road, Idi-Ape, Odo-Ona, Ologuneru, Eleyele? I can go on and on. How many places have you been to in Ibadan? How many people do you know in Ibadan? Please set your sentiments asides and don't talk what you don't know. I respect you more than that.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) by Lorlaahlozz: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nice Nice

Actually I read just d 1st 3lines and skipped to d pics...aye o po

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos / Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.