Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,148 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

The Lions Den Of Arewa - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lions Den Of Arewa (36229 Views)

A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Hausa/fulani Take Over In Niger Republic See Map Of Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by YOLOBAHAUSAFOOL: 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
NafeesaAA:
Jelani Aliyu, a Nigerian from Sokoto State, is US auto giant General Motors Senior Creative Designer. He designed the world acclaimed Chevy Volt which has been described as an American Revolution and hottest concept in automobile design line. According to the company's New York office release, "GM`s most electrifying advanced technology vehicle is the Chevrolet Volt concept, a battery-powered, extended-range electric passenger vehicle."In his paper delivered at the conference of Nigerians in Diaspora Organization, NIDO, Canada, entitled Role of Educated Youth in 3Ps and Entrepreneurship, the designer of the state-of-the-art electric car for General Motors, the world’s largest automobile makers, paints a picture that says nothing is impossible to achieve once your mind is fully set;

We must never underestimate the amazing power of human imagination, the ability to envision that which does not yet exist. Every great city, every monument, every historic feat, as it stands for all the world to see, was once pure thought, pure imagination acted upon and brought into reality.

To imagine is to dream, to dream is to believe in the yet unreal. And when we do dream, it must be big, because to dream small is to totally underestimate the amazing capabilities that lie within each and every one of us.

keep deceiving only your northern people . he did not design that car .
I was born and grew up in Nigeria, Land of the Niger crocodile, The Baobab tree, And the midday sun, Nigeria, Where smiles are free Like the bright blue sky And the beautiful stars of the night.

I grew up in Sokoto, in the northern part of the country, about an hour from the northern border. My parents came from Dogondaji, which is a town about an hour southwest of Sokoto. Growing up was a fascinating experience, the wide open spaces, the bright blue sky and the very closely knit family. Growing up was a lot of fun, very exciting times.

I have always wanted to be a car designer for as far back as I can remember (YAT- what are your dreams and aspirations). I studied Architecture, the closest thing to it in Nigeria, at the Birnin Kebbi Polytechnic (YAT- Are you still concerned as to how you graduated whether in a university, college of education or polytecnic? It doesn't matter so long as you have the dream and passion burning in you).

After that I attended the College for creative Studies in Detroit where I studied Transportation Design. When I graduated I got a job with general Motors, I worked at the GM tech Center for about three years and then went on international assignment to Germany for about two years at Opel.
Then I came back to the Tech Center and most recently I designed the Chevrolet Volt Electric Car, a vehicle that is crucial not just to GM but to the whole industry and world in general.

When ever I am in Nigeria, I am fascinated by the people, culture and environment. Nigeria is truly a country endowed with a lot of resources, we have oil, natural gas, cocoa, minerals and fertile soil that could cultivated to feed hundreds of millions, but above all, at our very core, what we have is our humanity, that magical inner spirit that glows from within, that magical inner spirit that makes us an integral and crucial part of the human civilization.

This is now more important than ever before, because humanity as a group, (Africans and Europeans, Asians and Americans, humanity in its totality) is on the verge of a major philosophical evolution, an evolution that will dramatically and forever change the very pattern of the human experience.
This will be brought about by exponential advances in the sciences, arts and technology, leading to a better and deeper understanding of the human mind and how it works, and also leading to the scientific connection between the human thought process and the man made reality that surrounds us.
Two significant results of this new way of thinking will be enhanced relationships within humanity and between humanity and the environment.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by YOLOBAHAUSAFOOL: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
NafeesaAA:
Jelani Aliyu, a Nigerian from Sokoto State, is US auto giant General Motors Senior Creative Designer. He designed the world acclaimed Chevy Volt which has been described as an American Revolution and hottest concept in automobile design line. According to the company's New York office release, "GM`s most electrifying advanced technology vehicle is the Chevrolet Volt concept, a battery-powered, extended-range electric passenger vehicle."In his paper delivered at the conference of Nigerians in Diaspora Organization, NIDO, Canada, entitled Role of Educated Youth in 3Ps and Entrepreneurship, the designer of the state-of-the-art electric car for General Motors, the world’s largest automobile makers, paints a picture that says nothing is impossible to achieve once your mind is fully set;

We must never underestimate the amazing power of human imagination, the ability to envision that which does not yet exist. Every great city, every monument, every historic feat, as it stands for all the world to see, was once pure thought, pure imagination acted upon and brought into reality.

To imagine is to dream, to dream is to believe in the yet unreal. And when we do dream, it must be big, because to dream small is to totally underestimate the amazing capabilities that lie within each and every one of us.

keep deceiving only your northern people . he did not design that car .
I was born and grew up in Nigeria, Land of the Niger crocodile, The Baobab tree, And the midday sun, Nigeria, Where smiles are free Like the bright blue sky And the beautiful stars of the night.

I grew up in Sokoto, in the northern part of the country, about an hour from the northern border. My parents came from Dogondaji, which is a town about an hour southwest of Sokoto. Growing up was a fascinating experience, the wide open spaces, the bright blue sky and the very closely knit family. Growing up was a lot of fun, very exciting times.

I have always wanted to be a car designer for as far back as I can remember (YAT- what are your dreams and aspirations). I studied Architecture, the closest thing to it in Nigeria, at the Birnin Kebbi Polytechnic (YAT- Are you still concerned as to how you graduated whether in a university, college of education or polytecnic? It doesn't matter so long as you have the dream and passion burning in you).

After that I attended the College for creative Studies in Detroit where I studied Transportation Design. When I graduated I got a job with general Motors, I worked at the GM tech Center for about three years and then went on international assignment to Germany for about two years at Opel.
Then I came back to the Tech Center and most recently I designed the Chevrolet Volt Electric Car, a vehicle that is crucial not just to GM but to the whole industry and world in general.

When ever I am in Nigeria, I am fascinated by the people, culture and environment. Nigeria is truly a country endowed with a lot of resources, we have oil, natural gas, cocoa, minerals and fertile soil that could cultivated to feed hundreds of millions, but above all, at our very core, what we have is our humanity, that magical inner spirit that glows from within, that magical inner spirit that makes us an integral and crucial part of the human civilization.

This is now more important than ever before, because humanity as a group, (Africans and Europeans, Asians and Americans, humanity in its totality) is on the verge of a major philosophical evolution, an evolution that will dramatically and forever change the very pattern of the human experience.
This will be brought about by exponential advances in the sciences, arts and technology, leading to a better and deeper understanding of the human mind and how it works, and also leading to the scientific connection between the human thought process and the man made reality that surrounds us.
Two significant results of this new way of thinking will be enhanced relationships within humanity and between humanity and the environment.

is a lie . shame
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by QuotaSystem: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
Bump.

Arrewa would love this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Comptroller-General Ja'afaru Ahmed Falsified His Age - Sahara Reporters / Oyo Jailbreak: Names And Pictures Of Escapees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.