Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,071 members, 7,956,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production (9290 Views)

US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m / Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine / FG May Consider $1billion Euro Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by fairheven: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
caseless: This agric minister, adesina, seems to b d only working minister.
He's jst d commited type.
You never hear noise from him like Deziani Allison,ABBA MORRON,or the Bull-dog himself,OKUKPE.
The guy is a silent-achiever.we need more like him.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by MrBenghazi(m): 6:54am On Aug 04, 2014
If we have like 20 more people that have passion to invest in Nigeria like Dangote ... We have no business going to outside Nigeria to hustle

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by eaglechild: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2014
Thumbs up to the Agric minister Akinwumi.

He is truly dedicated.

Dangote has also committed himself to investing in the Nigerian economy.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Tolexander: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
If only you can look with both eyes and without prejudice, you'll see other working ministers/appointees of the govt.

For instance, there is Olusegun Aganga of trade and investment ministry (a portfolio created by GEJ), Okonjo Iweala of finance (mid-wifed creation of sovereign wealth fund in spite of stiff opposition by governors, YOUWIN, 10,000 housing schemes, integrated pay roll system that is eliminating ghost workers syndrome in the federal civil service, etc), Omobola Johnson of ICT, Mike Onolememe of works, Prof Nebo of power, Sam Amadi of NERC (has now made it possible for state governors to build power plants, embedd it and distribute it locally), Prof Jega of INEC, etc etc.

Finally, you will agree with me that it takes a sincere, great and focused leader to assemble a team with the likes of Akinwumi Adeshina. GEJ did not just assemble this team, he has been giving them all the political support and the backborn to succeed. Yes, all the problems have not been solved but that is because all the problems cannot be solved in one day. Some of us have decided to give GEJ and his team a chance to succeed in 8 years. For instance, I believe that if someone like Akinwumi Adeshina cannot transform Nigeria's agric sector in 8 years, then maybe Nigeria is doomed to fail as a country.
if only you took your time to read my post and tried laying your hands on dictionary to check out the meaning of transformation before replying.

tolexander: one of the yielding transformation agenda
what about the other very essential portfolios? Education, health, military, police, immigration, corruption, 'power', housing, sport and youth developement, aviation et al?

The very transformation i expected you to mention is that car policy. Not the 'baba ijebu'(you win), housing to very few nigerians, fluntuating power generation etc.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by anonimi: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2014
Tolexander: if only you took your time to read my post and tried laying your hands on dictionary to check out the meaning of transformation before replying.

what about the other very essential portfolios? [size=14pt]Education, health[/size], military, police, immigration, corruption, 'power', housing, sport and youth developement, aviation et al?

The very transformation i expected you to mention is that car policy. Not the 'baba ijebu'(you win), housing to very few nigerians, fluntuating power generation etc.

Kindly note that education (primary, VOCATIONAL, secondary & TECHNICAL schools) and health (primary health clinic & general hospitals as well as sanitation/hygiene) are MAINLY the constitutional responsibility of states & LGAs when it comes to DIRECT delivery.

Let us be more INFORMED about their roles and share/spread the information with our folks & friends so our country's TRANSFORMATION will be accelerated.
Can you imagine what will happen if the governors and LGA chairmen build ADDITIONAL schools & clinics/hospitals, employ PROFESSIONAL teachers/doctors/nurses/pharmacists etc and provide TAP water all over their states

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Tolexander: 8:08am On Aug 04, 2014
anonimi:

Kindly note that education (primary, VOCATIONAL, secondary & TECHNICAL schools) and health (primary health clinic & general hospitals as well as sanitation/hygiene) are MAINLY the constitutional responsibility of states & LGAs when it comes to DIRECT delivery.

Let us be more INFORMED about their roles and share/spread the information with our folks & friends so our country's TRANSFORMATION will be accelerated.
Can you imagine what will happen if the governors and LGA chairmen build ADDITIONAL schools & clinics/hospitals, employ PROFESSIONAL teachers/doctors/nurses/pharmacists etc and provide TAP water all over their states
actually, the guy was refering to the federal portfolio.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Gynacologist(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Celepope:
Abiola was cursed therefore he didn't know what he was doing and this led to his tragic end "He whom the gods want to kill he first make run mad"-Chinua Achebe
wat do u undastnd frm tat.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by anonimi: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2014
Tolexander: actually, the guy was refering to the federal portfolio.

I fully understand and appreciate that. However it is very important that we do not lose sight of the more direct role of the states and LGAs to provide the services & utilities to the people while the FGN is more into policy setting and higher level interventions.
The state governors receive so much money as well as the LGAs yet they do almost NOTHING because we let them get away by focusing SOLELY on the FGN angry

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Olusanya333(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2014
abdulkayus: Dangote and Agric Minister Dr. Akinwumi
Adesina at the signing at the State House,
Abuja yesterday....
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Olusanya333(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2014
abdulkayus: Africa's richest man and chairman of
Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has invested
$1billion in rice production in Nigeria.
The signing of the $1billion-dollar Rice
Investment Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU), between the Federal Government
and Dangote Group held at the State House,
Abuja yesterday August 1st
The Minister of Agriculture, Adewunmi
Adesina and Alhaji Dangote signed on behalf
of the Federal Government and Dangote
Group respectively.

Commending Dangote Group, president
Jonathan said the investment is the single
largest investment ever made in rice
production in Africa. He thanked Alhaji
Dangote for investing in agriculture and
assured him that his investment will be
worthwhile.

President Jonathan said he looked forward
to a time Nigeria will be self-sufficient in
rice production and a net-exporter of the
grain, adding that the Federal Government
will protect Nigeria’s borders and check
smuggling.
"Government cannot allow its borders
to be porous. We are working on non-
human measures and smugglers should
have a rethink now and change their
ways by investing their resources in
other meaningful areas,” he said.
In less than four years, Nigeria hopes to
become a net-exporter of rice. The Dangote
Group’s investment in rice will cover five
states and contribute additional 1.4 million
metric tonnes of Paddy rice.
Alhaji Dangote thanked the President for
the consistency of government policies,
noting that the current $25 billion-dollar
Dangote Cement Company was the result of
the consistency of government policies. He
assured President Jonathan, “We will
continue to work hard and will not
disappoint you.”

source : http://www.lindaikeji..com/2014/08/photos-aliko-dangote-invests-1billion.html?m=1
undecided
abdulkayus: Africa's richest man and chairman of
Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has invested
$1billion in rice production in Nigeria.
The signing of the $1billion-dollar Rice
Investment Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU), between the Federal Government
and Dangote Group held at the State House,
Abuja yesterday August 1st
The Minister of Agriculture, Adewunmi
Adesina and Alhaji Dangote signed on behalf
of the Federal Government and Dangote
Group respectively.

Commending Dangote Group, president
Jonathan said the investment is the single
largest investment ever made in rice
production in Africa. He thanked Alhaji
Dangote for investing in agriculture and
assured him that his investment will be
worthwhile.

President Jonathan said he looked forward
to a time Nigeria will be self-sufficient in
rice production and a net-exporter of the
grain, adding that the Federal Government
will protect Nigeria’s borders and check
smuggling.
"Government cannot allow its borders
to be porous. We are working on non-
human measures and smugglers should
have a rethink now and change their
ways by investing their resources in
other meaningful areas,” he said.
In less than four years, Nigeria hopes to
become a net-exporter of rice. The Dangote
Group’s investment in rice will cover five
states and contribute additional 1.4 million
metric tonnes of Paddy rice.
Alhaji Dangote thanked the President for
the consistency of government policies,
noting that the current $25 billion-dollar
Dangote Cement Company was the result of
the consistency of government policies. He
assured President Jonathan, “We will
continue to work hard and will not
disappoint you.”

source : http://www.lindaikeji..com/2014/08/photos-aliko-dangote-invests-1billion.html?m=1
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
If only you can look with both eyes and without prejudice, you'll see other working ministers/appointees of the govt.

For instance, there is Olusegun Aganga of trade and investment ministry (a portfolio created by GEJ), Okonjo Iweala of finance (mid-wifed creation of sovereign wealth fund in spite of stiff opposition by governors, YOUWIN, 10,000 housing schemes, integrated pay roll system that is eliminating ghost workers syndrome in the federal civil service, etc), Omobola Johnson of ICT, Mike Onolememe of works, Prof Nebo of power, Sam Amadi of NERC (has now made it possible for state governors to build power plants, embedd it and distribute it locally), Prof Jega of INEC, etc etc.

Finally, you will agree with me that it takes a sincere, great and focused leader to assemble a team with the likes of Akinwumi Adeshina. GEJ did not just assemble this team, he has been giving them all the political support and the backborn to succeed. Yes, all the problems have not been solved but that is because all the problems cannot be solved in one day. Some of us have decided to give GEJ and his team a chance to succeed in 8 years. For instance, I believe that if someone like Akinwumi Adeshina cannot transform Nigeria's agric sector in 8 years, then maybe Nigeria is doomed to fail as a country.

Word!!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Eldavido1: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2014
YoursGEJ: Has he invested already or did they just sign to invest? Because if na ordinary signing, you go look for that investment you go tire

OP Please clarify the topic headline because I am confused

If it's Dangote, the guy is as good as his words. Check out his pass records.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

If it's Dangote, the guy is as good as his words. Check out his pass records.
Gbam, I've never heard Dangote saying he will do, and refuse to do.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Eldavido1: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2014
Blaqsmith: Is Dangote the only private investor in Nigeria

What stop others from investing in rice farming? While other
business men see risk including Nigerian business men, dangote
sees opportunities. And he's never afraid to take risk. Which single
business man will take a loan of $9 billion us dollar to invest in an
unstable country like Nigeria? The guy has gut, give him some
credit! By the way there are other rice investors in nigeria like olams
in Nasarawa and dominion rice in taraba and lots of smaller
investors.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Eldavido1: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Few years back Dangote met some tomato paste importers and
advice then on a joint venture to open a tomato factory in kano
giving the abundant raw material rotting away there. They flatly told
him it is much cheaper to import than to manufacture locally.
Dangote decided to do it alone. If tomorrow he becomes dominant
in tomato paste sector, some people will start shouting Monopoly!
forgetting that most Nigerian business men love the easy way out!

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Blaqsmith(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

What stop others from investing in rice farming? While other
business men see risk including Nigerian business men, dangote
sees opportunities. And he's never afraid to take risk. Which single
business man will take a loan of $9 billion us dollar to invest in an
unstable country like Nigeria? The guy has gut, give him some
credit! By the way there are other rice investors in nigeria like olams
in Nasarawa and dominion rice in taraba and lots of smaller
investors.
ok na...he should contunu
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2014
Dangote is very wise and have foresight understand that the future of the economy is agriculture.
Preparing for the future now is a very wise thing

Invest in.agriculture now,it is the future of Nigeria.
You wont regret you did.

Want to venture into agriculture.

Kindly Read this articles,

www.nairaland.com/1806976/processing-agroproducts-fastlane-making-millions/1

www.nairaland.com/1792387/3-reasons-why-next-dangote

www.nairaland.com/1790854/plantain-farming-business-money-making

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by IGBOSON1: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2014
jemby: Aliko the wise man,Keep buying the country,you can change the name from Nigeria to Dangeria in few years. This was what MKO Should have done instead of making them give him rat poison.

^^^Don't blame MKO for taking advantage of his constitutional right to be voted for, rather blame the bastards that felt Nigeria belonged to them and they could unilaterally truncate the mandate overwhelmingly given to him by the Nigerian electorate!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by FLYFIRE(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2014
caseless: This agric minister, adesina, seems to b d only working minister.
He's jst d commited type.
BROS, ALL THE MINISTERS ARE DOING VERY VERY WELL. THE PAST GOVTS/LEADERS WERE SELLING SAND TO PEOPLE AS FERTILIZER. THE TRANSFORMATION & ALL THAT IS HAPPENING NOW IN NIGERIA IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHTEOUS IN GOVT. THE GOOD NEWS IS...NIGERIA IS NEVER GOING BACK TO THE DARK DAYS NO MATTER THE BLACKMAIL.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by leofab(f): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Why not borrow the Federal government that $1B to fight terrorism...

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by grandstar(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

i wonder why he delved into politics in that dangerous era of dictators undecided
And Simbiat warned him!
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by wrench: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Good move, delving into agriculture.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
rozayx5:

i wonder why he delved into politics in that dangerous era of dictators undecided

His sacrifice is the reason we have democracy 2day....

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by purplekayc(m): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
They should extend their good policies to other areas of the nigerian economy.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by revelationuche: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
He has the finance. Let him do as he wishes [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by ril19(m): 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
This guru keeps investing in goods of daily consumption; food, cement.
I think he's a genius!
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by jantavanta(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
aminho: why is nobody calling him useless aboki bokoharam or stupid northerner?nigerians we are bunch of hypocrites

No, we are simply a bunch of cherry pickers and we always give credit when due to whom it is due. grin
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by leo1234(m): 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
aminho: why is nobody calling him useless aboki bokoharam or stupid northerner?nigerians we are bunch of hypocrites
U think everything is all about tribalism
People like development. It is only the northerners that keep threatening other people's investment in their region.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Caseless: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2014
fairheven:
You never hear noise from him like Deziani Allison,ABBA MORRON,or the Bull-dog himself,OKUKPE.
The guy is a silent-achiever.we need more like him.
i jst like him for this.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Caseless: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Amanyanabo:
he is from ogun state and he is actually ones of the few ministers who are committed and know what they r doing nd i blieve very we r going to b self sufficient in rice production

This dangote sef na every where him wan put head
u ar right.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
agonbello: A good and big move by Alh. Dangote. However this $1billion investment in rice production by Oga Dangote won't deter or scare me away from investing my chicken-change in same project.

BTW, I admire the guy a lot, he's my mentor and role model (in business) that I've never met.

As long as he makes it affordable,i believe the borders will still be porous.

But for rice brought in from land borders i believe a bag of rice in Nigeria would be going for as high as 15k per bag.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Toks2008:

As long as he makes it affordable,i believe the borders will still be porous.

But for rice brought in from land borders i believe a bag of rice in Nigeria would be going for as high as 15k per bag.
Many of the rice you see in the market are processed and packaged in Nigeria. Some are confident enough to put "made in Nigeria" in their pack. Those who aren't confident will put made in Thailand, India, Vietnam etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thomdock Investment Has Crashed / Winthrills Network Review | How To Invest In Winthrills / BANK DRAFT, BEC AND BG FOR BUSINESS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.