Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship (93966 Views)

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship / Pls Anybody With The Latest Info About TNRI Scholarship? / Invitation To Help Nominate TNRI 2014/15 Scholarship Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
blym4real: Is it compulsory for all applicants to choose federal universities in the upcoming jamb.
Nope
State universities will also fly.

You would agree with me that private universities will be stretching the 500k too far
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ubijus1:

Bro mike,

what if i find that word 'mbok' offensive?
What if i can bearly read the criteria because of my screen size?
What if she saved herself the stress by simply replying 'yes/no' since she had read the criteria?
Don't take ludicrous sides next time...
. . . . . . . Dont be annoyed my brother. I'm happy you are enlightened anout the whole issue now. All the very best.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jidowu84: 12:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Pls what about NOUN? Can it fly?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
jidowu84: Pls what about NOUN? Can it fly?
No Sir
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jidowu84: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
jaybee3:
No Sir
Thanks. Does it have age restrictions?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2014
jidowu84:
Thanks. Does it have age restrictions?
No it doesn't.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by SamNelson: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thanks for this opportunity. I already sent in my application but I don't know what will be my fate as I was unable to write the last JAMB?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
SamNelson: Thanks for this opportunity. I already sent in my application but I don't know what will be my fate as I was unable to write the last JAMB?

Assuming your essay if and when marked meets the required competency, the maximum aggregate score you can have at the second stage would be 75 without your Jamb scores.
This to me suggests it’s going to be an uphill struggle Sir.

The recipient is required to be able to secure an admission for the 2015/16 academic year so hmmmmm
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
This is very commendable. You guys are doing a very wonderful job and the best is all I wish you. More grease to your engine and more success stories from your end.

@donor/sponsor: God bless you real good.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by osram(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Wat about poly student?y d discrimination?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by r231(m): 3:19am On Aug 09, 2014
osram: Wat about poly student?y d discrimination?

Unfortunately we are only accepting prospective university applicants

The donation came with a strict criteria and this is simply one of it
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by SamNelson: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
jaybee3:

Assuming your essay if and when marked meets the required competency, the maximum aggregate score you can have at the second stage would be 75 without your Jamb scores.
This to me suggests it’s going to be an uphill struggle Sir.

The recipient is required to be able to secure an admission for the 2015/16 academic year so hmmmmm
Thank you sir. Please what is the next step you can advice me to take concerning this scholarship in order to be a recipient? I am just too helpless and need to put things in order! Can you help me go through my application maybe I should rewrite it again? Lastly sir, Is this scholarship going to be yearly? Thank you sir.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
SamNelson: Thank you sir. Please what is the next step you can advice me to take concerning this scholarship in order to be a recipient? I am just too helpless and need to put things in order! Can you help me go through my application maybe I should rewrite it again? Lastly sir, Is this scholarship going to be yearly? Thank you sir.
Sorry i wouldn't be able to go through individual applications. Just make sure your application ticks all the stipulated criterion

The current plan is to run it yearly but with everything in life nothing can be guaranteed.

The only guarantee we offer is to use all the award towards the entire tuiton fee of the awardee for the whole duration of their respective course
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
dey posted dx on aug 04 n its on F.P today..... som silly questns are makn F.P last week..... who knws if d scholarship myt v close...

LAST BULLET*** nairaland mods..... yu no sabi ur work ooooooo undecided undecided
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by M4gunners: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
If this works out, nigeria will be a better place in the near Future.Good one.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by iceberylin(m): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Those Images arnt clear,plc can someone state out the terms and conditions clearly

#Thanks
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by zurine(f): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
hmm
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Elxandre(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
What about private universities and foreign ones..
is this scholarship applicable to those?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
God bless TEHN
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Freest(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
jaybee3:

Unfortunately we are only accepting prospective university applicants

We want to help those that want QUALITY education but can't necessarily afford it for one reason or the other
So u mean polytechnics dont give quality education? Dis is rubbish...
And until u stop dis rubbish, things wont work well. From d begining you've started segregation. Soon it will be federal & state... Then private. Mtcheeews... Go sleep jor!!!
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by experimentist: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
r231: .
I can't see anything from those pics posted.. Any link?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Fmdipo(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
lildrop: dey posted dx on aug 04 n its on F.P today..... som silly questns are makn F.P last week..... who knws if d scholarship myt v close...

LAST BULLET*** nairaland mods..... yu no sabi ur work ooooooo undecided undecided

it made front page at the time it was posted, this is the second time I would see it on front Page.

LAST Bullet; you are not consistence on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by tochilastborn(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have a problem,I CAN'T GET THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE TERMS OF REFERENCE.SUMBODY SHUD TELL ME THE QUINTESSENTIAL CONTENT OF THOSE TINY WRITE UPS.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Here you go, for those experiencing problems viewing the images

The Nigerian Renaissance Initiative (TNRI) Scholarship Committee
Terms of Reference

a) Overview of (TNRI) Scholarship Committee
The Nigerian Renaissance Initiative was initiated as a means of facilitating charitable support for less advantaged individuals within the society

A NL member approached TeHN group to help set up an annual endowment to provide educational assistance for less privileged individuals in the country.

The fixed value of the award is N500k. The fund shall be used to help pay towards the tuition of your chosen course.

There is scope for this to be expanded to include other members who may be so inclined.

b) Composition
The Composition of the group comprises the following five individuals.
• 2 Nominated members from the TeHN Executive
• 2 reputable members of the NL Family. The members will be nominated by a poll
• The donor

c) Governance within the Committee
This group shall be responsible for all award decisions and their decision shall be final.

A coordinator shall be appointed to facilitate discussions.
A decision must be passed by three members to be made valid.

d) Interfaces
Cases shall be referred to the Committee by larger TeHN Executive and decisions made communicated to TeHN for onward communication to the larger NL community.

Case officers from TeHN shall perform verification per the approved guidelines and flowchart.

Duties carried out are as under TeHN conditions.

Disbursements shall be carried out by the existing TeHN mechanisms.

This ToR is valid from 28th June 2014 and will be revised biannually.

e) Flowchart & Guidelines
Find below the guidelines for the Scholarship Committee in a flowchart

=> Refer to the OP for the flow chart

Flow chart stages explained

Applications received from prospective applicants
• Prospective applicants are to submit a 400 word essay themed under “Why I deserve to be the recipient of 2014 TNRI Scholarship”

Applications acknowledge
• All applications received shall be acknowledged by TeHN on receipt of respective emails

Applications filed
• TeHN to create a new folder for each campaign so as to save all communications

Recruitment of decision panel
• TeHN to approach 2 NL members of reputable character that can sit on the panel
• TeHN to nominate or ask 2 of her members to volunteer to sit on the panel

Panel to screen and decide on those that should progress to the next stage
• The essay to be scored solely on quality and substance
• The panel can decide own marking scheme so long as it reflects the competency expected of the applicants
• Panel to agree on scoring benchmark
• Outcome of this stage to be communicated to all applicants

TeHN field workers to verify financial constraints claim
• Field workers to meet applicants where possible to verify claims
• Field workers to document all evidence gathered as they will contribute to the outcome of final decision

Applicants to submit WAEC and UME results
• Field workers to verify results
• Field workers to verify that applicants have managed to secure admission to any of the public universities

Panel to convey and decide on winner
• Panel to aggregate the outcome of financial stress test with results of WAEC & UME and confirmation of a place secured in any of the public universities
• Panel to decide and publish how they intend to aggregate and in turn choose the winner

d) Project Timeline
=> Refer to the OP for the timetable

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Fmdipo:

it made front page at the time it was posted, this is the second time I would see it on front Page.

LAST Bullet; you are not consistence on nairaland
pictures or #adonbeliveit
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
hayoakins: University only?

I am about to lose my head undecided, I want to believe it is a typo.

r231, please call an extraordinary meeting and do the needful angry

Modified: This is BULL SHITTT of the highest order and some modafkers would be screaming the FG and Private sector are been bias in terms of employment...mehn! we are our own enemies and you would post an account number for everyone including the so called HND holders to drop their widow's mite right

This is BULL FKING DAMN SHIIT

I don't care if my post is hidden, i just can't soak in this sentiment

FYI, I rep Both HND and Bsc.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by eljanfortis(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good good initiative,since it seems to be transparent,lemme put pen to paper so help me God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All 2020/2021 Final Year Students Thread / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session / UNIBEN Student Murdered Inside Hall 3 (Caution: Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.