Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship (93964 Views)

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship / Pls Anybody With The Latest Info About TNRI Scholarship? / Invitation To Help Nominate TNRI 2014/15 Scholarship Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello MR JAYBEE

I'm a 200L law student. Am i eligible to apply?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Idowuogbo(f): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ubijus1: Hello MR JAYBEE

I'm a 200L law student. Am i eligible to apply?
MBOK, Go back and read the criteria slowly.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by AbuMikey(m): 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Akposy(m): 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jaybee.
I applied already without reading the criteria due to screen size.

Can year 1 student apply?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 05, 2014
Good move! It is a laudable plan in a nation that doesn't provide benefits for the citizens in any form.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by whitecat007: 2:15am On Aug 05, 2014
If there can only be a single winner due to the amount of fund available for now, I think those who have little shouldn't apply so as to not choke up the process, that would make the award fall in the wrong hand of a candidate who could still find other way to go to school anyway without this scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by mixedgene: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
Commendable
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by GJames(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2014
How about offering jobs to talented and well behaved College drop-outs?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by sexymoma(f): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
RedBenson:

Am i dreaming? Where have you been?
Bin Around Sweety kiss
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by emmansy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
jaybee3:

Unfortunately we are only accepting prospective university applicants

We want to help those that want QUALITY education but can't necessarily afford it for one reason or the other

Plssss how about someone who just got admitted?

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
emmansy:

Plssss how about someone who just got admitted?
If the admission can be deferred then yes but selection is not guaranteed so is it worth the risk?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by emmansy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
jaybee3:
If the admission can be deferred then yes but selection is not guaranteed so is it worth the risk?

Ok, thanks or the response...
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by emmansy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
jaybee3:

Ok, thanks for the response...

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by pickabeau1: 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
The E-Helpers Network is a reputable group made up of nairalanders like you and I whom have handled cases with all integrity and accountability.

Nairalanders can testify to that. See the NL Charity thread for more information

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
sexymoma: Bin Around Sweety kiss

Not sure abt that. May be u went to the moon. Welcome back sha.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Idowuogbo:

madam, my Question wasn't directed to you. I didn't quote you either. Why must you give an unreasonable answer? Behave yourself atleast, for once.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 06, 2014
^ ^ ^ But she simply gave you a solution, just an answer to your question in a gentle tone. . . . Or are you annoyed with the 'Mbok word'? What does that mean in Calabar?. . . . . . . @Topic, God bless you for this laudable Project.

3 Likes

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Bukkasukka: 3:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Can prospective masters students apply?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2014
modelmike7: ^ ^ ^ But she simply gave you a solution, just an answer to your question in a gentle tone. . . . Or are you annoyed with the 'Mbok word'? What does that mean in Calabar?. . . . . . . @Topic, God bless you for this laudable Project.

Bro mike,

what if i find that word 'mbok' offensive?
What if i can bearly read the criteria because of my screen size?
What if she saved herself the stress by simply replying 'yes/no' since she had read the criteria?
Don't take ludicrous sides next time...
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2014
Bukkasukka: Can prospective masters students apply?

Only school leavers Sir
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2014
Ubijus1:

Bro mike,

What if she saved herself the stress by simply replying 'yes/no' since she had read the criteria?

No vex sir

Let it go
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Idowuogbo(f): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2014
Ubijus1:

Bro mike,

Oga ubi, Ndo!
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by raypex(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
How easily can people be tricked.
first of all, I don't think nairaland is involved in this. why didn't they use their websites email service?
Such scholarship is needed but from what I see, I think this is a well planed fraud.
Come to think of it? why does such an organization not have an office?

Be wary fraudsters are working hard at it this days.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Idowuogbo(f): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
raypex: How easily can people be tricked.
first of all, I don't think nairaland is involved in this. why didn't they use their websites email service?
Such scholarship is needed but from what I see, I think this is a well planed fraud.

Emmmmm... have you taken time out to do your research? Follow the link below and learn to keep your stupidity off the net. CIAO!

pickabeau1: The E-Helpers Network is a reputable group made up of nairalanders like you and I whom have handled cases with all integrity and accountability.
Nairalanders can testify to that. See the NL Charity thread for more information

3 Likes

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by r231(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
raypex: How easily can people be tricked.

https://www./tehnc
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
FAQs

1)Can I apply if I’m already at university
The application is strictly for secondary school leavers and applicants that have lost admissions due to financial constraints

2)When is the deadline for the application
Deadline is the 31st of December 2014

3)Can I apply if I only have SSCE result
Applicants are expected to have all the necessary requirements to gain admission into any of the federal university

4)Can I apply if I already have an admission for this year’s academic year
Yes you can apply but you will have to defer your admission

5)Can the scheme be extended to polytechnic
We are only accepting applications from prospective university students at this time

6)What can the award be used for
The award can ONLY be used towards payment of tuition fee. The winner will be expected to meet yearly CPGA target so they can continue receiving the support

7)Would there be more funding
The funding is fixed at 500k

8 ) How will the winner be selected
Submitted essays will be marked against expected competency for secondary school leavers. The applicants in the top percentile group shall go through to the second stage.

SSCE/UME results and submitted financial hardship evidence will be used to decide the winner of the TNRI scholarship.

Please see below, illustration of how we hope to select the winner (The yet to be selected decision panel will decide on specifics but we don’t expect the methodology to be too different from this)

Evidence of financial hardship will be aggregated using the following banding
Combined Income less than N40K = 50 points
Combined Income between N40.1K – 60K = 40 points
Combined Income between N60.1K – 80K = 30 points
Combined Income between N80.1K – 100K = 20 points

The UME and SSCE would be aggregated along the line of:

UME > 250 = 25 points
UME between 241 – 250 = 20 points
UME between 231 – 240 = 15 points
UME between 221 – 230 = 10 points
UME between 201 – 220 = 5 points

SSCE (grades aggregated to a max of 25 points)

A = 10
B = 8
C = 6

If the applicant took 9 papers then his/her aggregated score will be (sum of grades equivalent)/max possible score e.g.

Applicant A takes 9 papers and received results as follows:
5A’s and 4 B’s
=(( 50 + 32)/90)*25
His/her total aggregate for SSCE would be 22.7

If applicant B takes 6 papers and received results as follows:
6A’s and 1B
= ((60+8 )/70)*25
His/her total aggregate for SSCE would be 24.28

The applicant with the highest aggregate score shall be the winner of 2014/15 TNRI scholarship

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
Quite succint.... Thanks mr jaybee.

jaybee3: FAQs

1)Can I apply if I’m already at university
The application is strictly for secondary school leavers and applicants that have lost admissions due to financial constraints

2)When is the deadline for the application
Deadline is the 31st of December 2014

3)Can I apply if I only have SSCE result
Applicants are expected to have all the necessary requirements to gain admission into any of the federal university

4)Can I apply if I already have an admission for this year’s academic year
Yes you can apply but you will have to defer your admission

5)Can the scheme be extended to polytechnic
We are only accepting applications from prospective university students at this time

6)What can the award be used for
The award can ONLY be used towards payment of tuition fee. The winner will be expected to meet yearly CPGA target so they can continue receiving the support

7)Would there be more funding
The funding is fixed at 500k

8 ) How will the winner be selected
Submitted essays will be marked against expected competency for secondary school leavers. The applicants in the top percentile group shall go through to the second stage.

SSCE/UME results and submitted financial hardship evidence will be used to decide the winner of the TNRI scholarship.

Please see below, illustration of how we hope to select the winner (The yet to be selected decision panel will decide on specifics but we don’t expect the methodology to be too different from this)

Evidence of financial hardship will be aggregated using the following banding
Combined Income less than N40K = 50 points
Combined Income between N40.1K – 60K = 40 points
Combined Income between N60.1K – 80K = 30 points
Combined Income between N80.1K – 100K = 20 points

The UME and SSCE would be aggregated along the line of:

UME > 250 = 25 points
UME between 241 – 250 = 20 points
UME between 231 – 240 = 15 points
UME between 221 – 230 = 10 points
UME between 201 – 220 = 5 points

SSCE (grades aggregated to a max of 25 points)

A = 10
B = 8
C = 6

If the applicant took 9 papers then his/her aggregated score will be (sum of grades equivalent)/max possible score e.g.

Applicant A takes 9 papers and received results as follows:
5A’s and 4 B’s
=(( 50 + 32)/90)*25
His/her total aggregate for SSCE would be 22.7

If applicant B takes 6 papers and received results as follows:
6A’s and 1B
= ((60+8 )/70)*25
His/her total aggregate for SSCE would be 24.28

The applicant with the highest aggregate score shall be the winner of 2014/15 TNRI scholarship
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Oga ubi, Ndo!

ndewo nwanyi oma!

Have a lovely evening ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by Ubijus1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
jaybee3:

No vex sir

Let it go

yes boss!
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For TNRI Scholarship by blym4real: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Is it compulsory for all applicants to choose federal universities in the upcoming jamb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All 2020/2021 Final Year Students Thread / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session / UNIBEN Student Murdered Inside Hall 3 (Caution: Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.