Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (44703 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Lucasbalo(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2014
fr3do:

as a teenager, that explains your euphoric patriotism to your adopted country.
I suggest you just call yourself american because you are not even a bit Nigerian at heart.
I have deep roots in Nigeria and for the last 20 years or so , I visit Nigeria at least twice a year. I also have investments in Nigeria plus I have my parents in Nigeria and bunch of family members. Am as proud of America as I am proud of Nigeria. I just hope and pray that the leadership in Nigeria do good by the country and for the people.so, my allegiance is to both countries. America has beèn good to me coming here for college barely 18 years old over 2 decades and I have never belittle Nigeria in my life. Just trasvesing through the Globe, I know Nigeria deserves better than what is getting from the leadership. I hope that answers your question. It's 1.38am here. Am out .

5 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by hayoakins(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2014
1000+ Africans got infected with Ebola virus, there was no cur In sight. 2 Americans got it and instantly we have a cure. # DiarIsGod

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 05, 2014
Abiagirl777:

rubbish!
You think dis is funny all in de name of Jokes?i hope its only ur state dat'll be affected.
Sumtyms u jokers don't evn knw ur limits.
And what is wrong with his joke? Stop been naive Dear

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by ibrahym47(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2014
UrbanMystique: the positive side of investing in things that matter.

while africans and their useless leaders are investing billions into religions and (goddism)... tax payers money are being used to sponsor trip to saudi arabia and jerusalem, the money they could have used to sponsor scientists or students on a more meaningful thing.. they squabble it.
the west are investing theirs into science and technology plus research facilities.

now americans/the west are reaping the benefit of investing in things that matter, africans are still begging a jew/arabs god to come and save them from a simple disease that small research would have cured.

they will soon come and cry wolf about how scientist brought the virus from west as if science is not for africans.

black people.
10/10

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by yerimastyle(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2014

while africans and their useless leaders are investing billions into religions and (goddism)... tax payers money are being used to sponsor trip to saudi arabia and jerusalem, the money they could have used to sponsor scientists or students on a more meaningful thing.. they squabble it.
the west are investing theirs into science and technology plus research facilities.

now americans/the west are reaping the benefit of investing in things that matter, africans are still begging a jew/arabs god to come and save them from a simple disease that small research would have cured.

they will soon come and cry wolf about how scientist brought the virus from west as if science is not for africans people.
now Dat West Africa is faced with the challenges of Ebola like Nigerians will always say we don't need foreign aid, we can survive without them... Africans has values and culture OK exhibit ur culture now, we are saying whites cant force a lifestyle down our throat....I fink we definitely need Dem now or is it the westerners that brought the virus, what is our values? corruption., political prostitution since the time of Moses, African government can't spend money on research e.g Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 05, 2014
logica: Even if it is not man-made, we should question the timeline of the outbreaks: Marburg in the 60s and then Congo in the 70s. Eyebrows should be further raised knowing the atrocities the Belgians had committed in the Congo all through the colonial period and even just after.

We say conspiracy theory? That's what I said when I first heard about the Pfizer incident in Kano, in 1996.

Ebola has always existed.....it is possible that in the past people were dying of the virus. (Even in Europe,there was a plague of haemmorhagic fever that hit present day Greece in 430 B.C. which is suspected to be Ebola). It is also possible that the virus is a mutated form of what used to be a mild virus....like the Influenza Virus that killed millions across the world in 1918....which was a mutant form of the virus that cuases the flu. (That is the theory behind HIV.).

I doubt the Belgians had advanced means to create a virus that would kill Africans....and Ebola is not particularly good....it is not airborne.(Plus virus research was still in its infancy in the 60's...we were still learning about DNA then.).

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by buJu234: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2014
come and see AMERICA WONDER
come and see AMERICA WONDER grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Kalvan50: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2014
jared007: KALVAN! . . .always reasoning 4rm his anus.

Lol. Alright bro.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by chiketee(m): 7:47am On Aug 05, 2014
cirmuell: the crap you typed up there doesn't erase the fact theirs more to this than meet the eye. This ish started way back in '76 in some remote village, even though people have been leaving there before '76. Also, there was a virus like it back then in europe b4 '76, only that this is more deadly. Do the math.
The questions are, what have you and your forefathers being doing about it since 1976? How much from your national budget has been pushed into researching the disease?, where is your own center for disease control located? And what new discoveries have they made since 1976? Why is it only the Americans scientists that are able to create " new virus"? Are your own scientists brain dead? Why do you feel entitled to another nation's results which obviously came from hard work? Why is that if the same virus was introduced in Japan, their scientists would have risen to the occasion of finding a cure but in Africa we call on God and spew silly conspiracy theories. Yes the Americans hate you and want you dead, so what are you going to do about it? Are you gonna whine and cry about it or r you gonna stand up and defend yourself by using ur dormant brain for once in your life

11 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field. What they do is to come as tourists and infect our animals or plants and then go home to wait for results.
It is just business, just like HIV, now the nations with the epidemic will start paying them for the drugs.
In 1984, Robert Gallo filed a patent for his new invention, HIV. Today they tell us the virus got to humans from monkeys because we share certain DNA details with them.
America had the cure for Ebola way back in the 1970s when they manufactured the virus.
For every virus made, they also make the antivirus. Just like in comouters. The software companies that sells anti virus softwares are those who introduce viruses so we may buy their antivirus.

Man, you are genuis and thinking as am thinking.
As a biochemical scientist, i know this is a conspiracy from those that want to make money. Fruit bats has been in existence for centuries, even my grown up, our areas were filled with fruit bats that we rely on them to pluck mangoes and guava for us. Nothing do us then.
I strongly believe that some people deliberately invent this to make huge money as you said.

Do you know that the research institutes have stated pressurizing WHO and the likes to invest on them to improve researches on ebola? Do you know that the only effective drug (i have forgotten the same) that stabilize the patients ,the price has really gone up by 40% in just few weeks.
African leaders need to wake up and reject all this scientific colonialism .
The ebola case is just an invension and research gone wrong to make money. simple

6 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by logica(m): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Ebola has always existed.....it is possible that in the past people were dying of the virus. (Even in Europe,there was a plague of haemmorhagic fever that hit present day Greece in 430 B.C. which is suspected to be Ebola). It is also possible that the virus is a mutated form of what used to be a mild virus....like the Influenza Virus that killed millions across the world in 1918....which was a mutant form of the virus that cuases the flu. (That is the theory behind HIV.).

I doubt the Belgians had advanced means to create a virus that would kill Africans....and Ebola is not particularly good....it is not airborne.(Plus virus research was still in its infancy in the 60's...we were still learning about DNA then.).
Did you see any mention of "virus creation" in my post? Yes, even the Black Death is suspected to be related. There is a difference between creating a virus, and modifying it to infect people and animals being used as lab rats.

The other question you should ask is, why have European scientists been claiming Ebola and it's relatives are only domiciled in Africa, if indeed they have had outbreaks in Europe in the past (and long before outbreaks occurred in Africa)?

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by InvertedHammer: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2014
\

Fvck Nigeria!!!!

Yes I said it.

/
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by omega2128(m): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2014
900 dead in Africa from the ebola outbreak or
maybe deployment is a better term. Two
americans infected and.....it's a miracle and
"experimental" drug seems to have cured the
first and the second is progressing well......ARE
WE PAYING ATTENTION

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by UrbanMystique: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2014
yerimastyle: now Dat West Africa is faced with the challenges of Ebola like Nigerians will always say we don't need foreign aid, we can survive without them... Africans has value and culture OK exhibit ur culture now, we are saying whites dey cant force a lifestyle down our throat....I fink we definitely need Dem now or is it the westerners that brought the virus
we can definitely survive without them and still maintain our cultural values like the chinese/Japanese. we dont need any lousy foreign aid. the only aid that should come should be inform of exchanging ideas not depending on west for every little thing this giant continent already stored for us. in fact, if we have put our house together, these white mutherfhuckers should be the ones needing our aid more, since the continent is full of natural resources that west need.

unfortunately, the continent is rich, but the people have lost their brains. sad

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by masqot(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2014
Just like that. May God save the undeveloped Africa from the hands of this VIRUS. Africa is still way backward. Our Universities and Research Institutes have been reduced to a mere structure with no impact at all. Africa is now reduced to an experimental ground while they (West) maintain the fore-front in providing solution. How is Africa going to be free? They buy our raw oil and sell it back to us refined. They tell us which law to adopt(e.g. gay law). Now, they are at the verge of discovering cure for Ebola. Then, we have no option than to run to them and they keep dictating to us. Africa think twice.

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by jamilkb(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija: This is a misleading post.The whole thing is still going through experimental stages. The doctor is recovering from the serum administered on him and blood transfusion from the patient (who recovered from the disease) he attended to in Liberia.

Americans will always be there to save the world, no matter the hate they receive from the people.

Mtchew! did you just say America are always there to save the world? if so,Why is it that they did not talk about the cure until when their Doctor is contracted? Hundreds of ebola victims died,America didn't say anything about the cure! abeg think about this

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 05, 2014
I prayed that these two missionaries would survive Ebola since they were doing a voluntary work.

And God just did it..
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Are you a virologist?

Where you there when they were creating the virus?

Do you know anything about cellular biology or even medical sciences?

And have your heroes invested in science,innovation and technology? (They don't....they pose with subsidised weapons from Russia and China).

You Nigerians....you shout Down Down USA....and refuse to spend 40% of your budget on science,education,and health.

Field Ruwe was right

Well since you need answers, I was where I am when they were creating the virus and I will still be here till the virus fizzles out. It is not the first time or the second time they have been trying to reduce the african population by planting manufactured viruses on african soil.

I don't shout down down america but I am stating the obvious which is what every person in the world knows except those who watch cnn and fox news too much

2 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by millionboi(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2014
Until d said drug work on ordinary person i wudnt belive...God may ve healed d missionary nd som1 is claimin2hav cured them.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Amhappy(f): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2014
When you value the life of your people,you will invest in their health,safety,protection and welfare. You will think about their past,present and future. Africa does not value her people,we dont think about the future. We rather put billions in individual pockets or spend on what has no value. This has just shown that the Life of 1american= Life of 1000africans. Will we learn from this,answer is NO. Meanwhile am glad Dr Kent Brantly is recovering. The infected Nigerian doc,we dont even know his name. President GEJ should bring ZMAPP for him abeg.

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by CarmelloANGEL(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Nuvally:

US doctors can't come here. They have been praying for a thing like this. They want to minimize our population to the lowest figure. If really they cured the doctors, y did they 've to take them back to america? They should've cured them right there at liberia. We only look up to God
No one is intrsted in reducing the population of Africa. As a matter of fact they even profit 4rm our huge population because we ar consumers in dz part of d world, so wen products ar manufacturd in d western climes, Africa is d prefered dumping ground.
Back 2 Topic... I fink d treatment is still in d experimental phase & nt yet certain 2 cure d virus. They wil still nid 2 watch them 4 smtym...rmbr d HIV Baby who was presumed cured bt later shwd traces of d virus. Viral infections ar always dificult 2 cure bt i learnt d US will release a vaccine in septmbr tho they said it hasnt bin used on any human b4

3 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Bawss1(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2014
It is shameful that Nairaland is becoming a haven for conspiracy theories. It appears more and more people refuse to employ their brains instead they happily rely on the sad souls that always blame the US/CIA for all the world's evils. With these people common sense must be discarded as long as it doesn't support the narrative that the US is out to decimate the black man. That is the only explanation that gives room to all these nonsensical theories from people who have not the least understanding of science or virology... Yet they proffer to spew their crazy talk as though they are experts on the matter.

It is either that such people live very sad lives and so look for excitement by spinning these theories or they are on the verge of losing their marbles. A terrible condition indeed.

5 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by abhosts(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2014

they will soon come and cry wolf about how scientist brought the virus from west as if science is not for africans.

black people.

For Your Information, The United States Supports Religion with Billions of Dollars yearly. Why do you think Churches have tax exempt status?

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Abraham2013(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija: This is a misleading post.The whole thing is still going through experimental stages. The doctor is recovering from the serum administered on him and blood transfusion from the patient (who recovered from the disease) he attended to in Liberia.

Americans will always be there to save the world, no matter the hate they receive from the people.
I rather say americans will always be dere to take advantage of d world cos americans invented both d ebola and also d cure. Its like in computer, d companies dat make anti-virus also produces virus. Dey just create demand by introducing d virus n supply by selling d anti-virus. My broda if only u know how much is involved in dis business of vaccine and cure production, u will understand beta.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by darqly(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
hilary26: The moment they decided to return the two doctors home for treatment I knew they have always had the cure.
America is the home factory of every virus. Africa is the test field.

Kindly provide proof of your allegations. We really seem to enjoy playing the victim and pointing fingers at the US. How much can the west possibly make financially from selling the so-called cure to dirt poor countries like DR Congo, S- Leone and corruption- riddled Nigeria?
I suppose the US also invented poverty,hunger,greed and megalomania that is so prevalent in Africa so as to sell us a cure? The conspiracy theory card is well worn and overused already!

6 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Amhappy(f): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
My friend is a biotechnologist,graduated since 2007 with an excellent grade,uptill now no job. She is now doing receptionist and marketing a lot of crazy things. When i heard a biotech company discovered this serum,i was really sad. This is what she would have been doing as creative and intelligent as she is.

4 Likes

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by cirmuell(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2014
chiketee:
The questions are, what have you and your forefathers being doing about it since 1976? How much from your national budget has been pushed into researching the disease?, where is your own center for disease control located? And what new discoveries have they made since 1976? Why is it only the Americans scientists that are able to create " new virus"? Are your own scientists brain dead? Why do you feel entitled to another nation's results which obviously came from hard work? Why is that if the same virus was introduced in Japan, their scientists would have risen to the occasion of finding a cure but in Africa we call on God and spew silly conspiracy theories. Yes the Americans hate you and want you dead, so what are you going to do about it? Are you gonna whine and cry about it or r you gonna stand up and defend yourself by using ur dormant brain for once in your life
you're really dumb. sorry, I don't engage your types. thanks.
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by logica(m): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Amhappy: My friend is a biotechnologist,graduated since 2007 with an excellent grade,uptill now no job. She is now doing receptionist and marketing a lot of crazy things. When i heard a biotech company discovered this serum,i was really sad. This is what she would have been doing as creative and intelligent as she is.
But your username says "Amhappy". grin
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2014
I'm very sure that the American scientists working for CIA are responsible for the Ebola disease, they invented. They had the cure in case Ebola backfires on them. Their aim is to reduce the population of Africans.

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Emmaomotob(m): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2014

black people.
so are u comparing d money spent on religion to those stolen and kept in swiss bank.Are the main religious countries like saudi arabia and istrael not advancing?SO OFF POINT.
Due to the gibberish you have written down,I thing there is a viable excuse for you to be INSANE
Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Amhappy(f): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2014
logica: But your username says "Amhappy". grin
LOL well i'm not happy at that. I no be saddist

1 Like

Re: American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" by Toktee(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2014
I knew it and i said it b4,ebola is an american made disease released in african,this is how the western pharmaceuticals made their money.
As we speak,the americans has the serun ready to sale to the affected countries,you can imagine how much they will make.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / This Drug Increased My Libido: Suprised At Effect / Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.