Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (80584 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Krasid(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nice pics.Keep it coming.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lorlaahlozz: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
Africans are so shameless...parading uninspiring, mediocre downtown areas to wash away the stench of poverty and backwardness ravaging the land.

The way the West handled the Ebola crisis compared to Africa is a big hint pointing to our cluelessness.

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh: As an active user of Google, I noticed that the western media stereotype of African countries has gone beyond CNN and BBC. If you ever tried using Google image for example to search for Nigeria or our African counterparts, you are most likely to see images of poverty, famine, war, corruption, maps and desert and/or forest. All the negative stuffs are all piled up to make us look bad.

Now let’s talk about Brazil, for example. Brazil is poor. There is prostitution. There is horror. There are drugs. But what is the image of Brazil in the world? The image of Brazil in the world is the image of a country that is successful, that is progressive, and that is exciting. The Brazilians themselves have taken the agenda in their own hands to promote it. Same could be said about other South American/Asian countries that are not really doing better than us. The trend of stereotyping Africa as one homogeneous nation has damaged the reputation of countries that are really doing well.

In Africa, we have abdicated our responsibility to drive our own image either consciously or unconsciously and that is why I have decided to collect some good pictures of most cites in Nigeria hoping that with the help of the remarkable traffic on Niaraland and other site I intend to work on, I would atleast make a statement. Enjoy the pictures

Abia

As in Abia Express tower... lol

On Enugu PH express way..

Is that only what Abia has ? Smh

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12: Africans are so shameless...parading uninspiring, mediocre downtown areas to wash away the stench of poverty and backwardness ravaging the land.

The way the West handled the Ebola crisis compared to Africa is a big hint pointing to our cluelessness.

Yes, your parents cluelessness and valuelessness.

I am not part of clueless people.

I can turn a desert to a fertile land.

So if you are talking down, refer to yourself..

The fact we have wicked people in power does not mean we don't have Nigerians with Hearts of Gold..

40 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh: Enugu

Near Enugu governors lodge..

Forgotten the name..
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by neuljosh(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
okparaugo:

As in Abia Express tower... lol

On Enugu PH express way..

Is that only what Abia has ? Smh

Those are all I could compile for now...besides I had to sort for other cities you know.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by 9jahubcom(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
waoo
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mtchewww
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lovely pics but is that all ?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by wiringdpt(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
I still no understand that kaduna picture

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by oyeludef(m): 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
kalvan you need to get something doing wit ur time. all these tribal hatred wont take you anywhere. pls note dat im not igbo

8 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by blesoh(f): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
customized07: adae fear that calabar road shocked shocked shocked
no fear na obudu cattle ranch b that,my calabar is safe so no fear
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerians don't know the real meaning of beautiful...... all these pics range from mediocre to downright terrible....
maybe when you guyz travel outside the country, you would realize that what is being celebrated as excellence in Naija is just average at best.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Ahmed0336(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ OP is dat All? Lovely pix
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by vicpeace: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Uyo is my town and I know for sure that the pic I just saw has nothing to do with uyo. Uyo in Akwa ibom state is more beautiful than that ur pic.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Walphem(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
some people criticizing the pix has mediocre or something terrible... why don't you make some effort also use your smartphone(s) and take some pix and also put it online.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Rinzman(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
God bless NIGERIA...No COUNTRY ever made it by sudden flight,all we need is more in every ramification of our economy.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by oluamid(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
@OP please continue, don't mind those saying we only have mediocre places. You can only be proud of what you have and not what others have. We need to have a better picture of what Africa looks like other than the starvation and war ravaged areas.

As for that tribal stoat, please people, don't do him the honour of quoting his post. There's only an extent to which you can be a tribal e-warrior and he obviously missed the memo.

11 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by tonychristopher: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Bororojo: Nigerians don't know the real meaning of beautiful...... all these pics range from mediocre to downright terrible....
maybe when you guyz travel outside the country, you would realize that what is being celebrated as excellence in Naija is just average at best.

negative mind

which one your papa build

that's why u are negative

13 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by akpanikpe(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wow! Mind blowing, that road on the hills in calabar thou, fantastic view cool

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh:

Those are all I could compile for now...besides I had to sort for other cities you know.

Not you. I am laughing at the state and their governor.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by tonychristopher: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
uzolexis:

tribal bigot...what is the relationship btw this poo u av posted n this topic??

you should have ignored him

dementia comes in degree

his own is the finest

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
LOL- I know some people will call me out for calling those pictures mediocre- but it's just the plain truth
So in all your minds those pictures represent what a beautiful city should look like ko? @Especially the op- If we dont do things the way things are done in other parts of the world, then we will continue to lag behind the ROTW (rest f th wrld)
those pictures look dirty and shanty- learn from countries like Malaysia that were in a worse position that majority of African countries before, but are now slowly catching up to western standards.

Stop celebrating MEDIOCRITY, MY NAIJA PEOPLE!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.