Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (80619 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Ijebulogic(m): 12:37am On Aug 06, 2014
Abia looks amazing...
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Spoken like a true nomad

I agree with you. There is a long long way to go. A lot of it is due to the corrupt leadership who just embezzle the nation's money and do absolutely nothing positive with it in order to improve our infrastructure. You sound very well-read brother and educated.

The only period in Nigeria's entire history when there has been a rapid improvement in frastructure, and building at world quality "for the time in question", was during the "Agricultural boom age" and early into the Nigerian oil boom...... many of our best universities today were built during this Era, Ahmadu Bello Zaria, Obafemi Awolowo, Ife, University of Ibadan, UNN Nsukka, Many roads and bridges, several of the skyscrapers still standing on Lagos Island today were built in this era, the third mainland bridge, Eko bridge even that National mosque in Abuja and Abuja's general ground breaking and early constructions. Then I wasn't born, but to my knowledge people came from all over Africans and the globe for exchange programes in Nigerian universities at the time, because of their world standards of course. Global trend watchers "pipped" Nigeria as the next big thing, it was growing at the same pace and quality as the 'Asian tigers"

of course we all know what happened, it all crashed, and everything after then has been sub-par, mediocre or downright "5th world" standard.... we have to return to this golden age.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 06, 2014
why don't you tell us? we are reading tongue

Fulaman198: Yes High speed train systems would be a blessing in Nigeria.

What about this guys, we already know that Nigeria is not where it should be. Instead of putting down our beautiful nation, can we not discuss ways that we can improve it?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ghananotnaija(m): 12:41am On Aug 06, 2014
Why are most of these pictures a close-up of a building or an intersection, no panoramas?

Stop trying to hide the fact that the vast majority of the areas in Nigerian cities is very unsightly?

For the most beautiful cities in this part of the world, come to Ghana! We've got a world-class capital in Accra, and smart and liveable cities like Kumasi, Cape Coast, and Tamale.

Remember, unlike Nigeria, Ghana is 100% Ebola-free.

Ghana is one of the few countries that are capable of redeeming Africa's image and reputation to the world.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 06, 2014
ghananotnaija: Why are most of these pictures a close-up of a building or an intersection, no panoramas?

Stop trying to hide the fact that the vast majority of the areas in Nigerian cities is very unsightly?

For the most beautiful cities in this part of the world, come to Ghana! We've got a world-class capital in Accra, and smart and liveable cities like Kumasi, Cape Coast, and Tamale.

Ghana is one of the few countries that are capable of redeeming Africa's image and reputation to the world.

Look at another African youth engaging in country/country competition instead of engaging in some self-reflection.

Accra and Kumasi are world class cities to you?

May God help Nigeria, Ghana and the rest of Africa. sad

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 06, 2014
ghananotnaija: Why are most of these pictures a close-up of a building or an intersection, no panoramas?

Accra , Kumasi, Tamale world class??! shocked shocked! loool, i laugh in Fulfulde cheesy
I know I said Nigerian cities were bad, and that we are not where we ought to be, put please, i beg you in the name of whatever you worship- do not talk of Ghanaian cities here I have been to all those places you mentioned, and they are.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed we talk of Nigeria's cities the way we do, because we hope and strive for a better future, not because we think it is the worst place in the world- there are far worse sountries and I dont need to go far to find some.... cheesy
As for Ebola, yes Ghana is Ebola free today, but would it still be by tomorrow or next week? remember Ghana is closer to the epicenter than Nigeria is. Not that I am praying for such a scenario, but Ebola is no joking matter..... even the Liberians, and Guineans would have never believed what is happening now, if you told them a year ago.

8 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by parrotibaba(m): 12:47am On Aug 06, 2014

Accra dat is like aba city ,abia state...mk I hear word abeg, d likes of Togo n Kenya r way up ahead of u ...

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 06, 2014
And ghana is just the size of Lagos but looks like sh! t hole undecided

Countries with same size and population of ghana are first and second world countries. you still have a long way to go.
Even the USA you worship are not ebola free and how can you tell if one Liberian have not sneaked into your country and already sharing the disease to you ignorant fellows. Give it up for 9ja for spotting patrick sawyer early and working hard to get all that came in contact with him.

Sh! t head angry

8 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo: Nigerians don't know the real meaning of beautiful...... all these pics range from mediocre to downright terrible....
maybe when you guyz travel outside the country, you would realize that what is being celebrated as excellence in Naija is just average at best.
Gbam.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 12:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo:

The only period in Nigeria's entire history when there has been a rapid improvement in frastructure, and building at world quality "for the time in question", was during the "Agricultural boom age" and early into the Nigerian oil boom...... many of our best universities today were built during this Era, Ahmadu Bello Zaria, Obafemi Awolowo, Ife, University of Ibadan, UNN Nsukka, Many roads and bridges, several of the skyscrapers still standing on Lagos Island today were built in this era, the third mainland bridge, Eko bridge even that National mosque in Abuja and Abuja's general ground breaking and early constructions. Then I wasn't born, but to my knowledge people came from all over Africans and the globe for exchange programes in Nigerian universities at the time, because of their world standards of course. Global trend watchers "pipped" Nigeria as the next big thing, it was growing at the same pace and quality as the 'Asian tigers"

of course we all know what happened, it all crashed, and everything after then has been sub-par, mediocre or downright "5th world" standard.... we have to return to this golden age.

Well Dedirawo, I could not agree with you more. You are absolutely correct. The problem is what are as Nigerians going to do about it? We of the newer generation, what can we do to fix the destruction that our forefathers have brought upon us? Remember there is no impossible situation in this world. Instead of beating ourselves and our nation up my brother, we can look for ways to improve our current low standards. There is such work to be done. If we do not act now, when will we act? Inshallah, I hope it is sometime in this lifetime.

The Asian Tigers are indeed doing extremely well and are still on the rise. However, they are by no means better than us from an educational point of view. What we need to do is focus on what needs to be done to catch up with them in a decade. It can be done in a decade. It's a shame that our education system according to my elders has decreased from the 70s to today. As you mentioned Ahmadu Bello in Zaria was a renowned Technological Institute for higher learning. University of Ibadan, UniLag, UniBen, UNN Nsukka were all great universities as well. We have to find a way to bring them back up to a top 1% standard.

Brother, I have dreams for this nation, but we as Nigerian people need to come together and realise that our biggest problem right now are our leaders. Once we can join hands together and come together I see light for Nigeria.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by hercules07: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Well Dedirawo, I could not agree with you more. You are absolutely correct. The problem is what are as Nigerians going to do about it? We of the newer generation, what can we do to fix the destruction that our forefathers have brought upon us? Remember there is no impossible situation in this world. Instead of beating ourselves and our nation up my brother, we can look for ways to improve our current low standards. There is such work to be done. If we do not act now, when will we act? Inshallah, I hope it is sometime in this lifetime.

The Asian Tigers are indeed doing extremely well and are still on the rise. However, they are by no means better than us from an educational point of view. What we need to do is focus on what needs to be done to catch up with them in a decade. It can be done in a decade. It's a shame that our education system according to my elders has decreased from the 70s to today. As you mentioned Ahmadu Bello in Zaria was a renowned Technological Institute for higher learning. University of Ibadan, UniLag, UniBen, UNN Nsukka were all great universities as well. We have to find a way to bring them back up to a top 1% standard.

Brother, I have dreams for this nation, but we as Nigerian people need to come together and realise that our biggest problem right now are our leaders. Once we can join hands together and come together I see light for Nigeria.

Stop voting based on ethnicity or religion and please please vote out Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ghananotnaija(m): 12:58am On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: And ghana is just the size of Lagos but looks like sh! t hole undecided
Countries with same size and population of ghana are first and second world countries. you still have a long way to go.
Even the USA you worship are not ebola free and how can you tell if one Liberian have not sneaked into your country and already sharing the disease to you ignorant fellows. Give it up for 9ja for spotting patrick sawyer early and working hard to get all that came in contact with him.
Sh! t head angry
parrotibaba: Accra dat is like aba city ,abia state...mk I hear word abeg, d likes of Togo n Kenya r way up ahead of u ...
Bororojo:
Accra , Kumasi, Tamale world class??! shocked shocked! loool, i laugh in Fulfulde cheesy
I know I said Nigerian cities were bad, and that we are not where we ought to be, put please, i beg you in the name of whatever you worship- do not talk of Ghanaian cities here I have been to all those places you mentioned, and they are.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed we talk of Nigeria's cities the way we do, because we hope and strive for a better future, not because we think it is the worst place in the world- there are far worse sountries and I dont need to go far to find some.... cheesy
As for Ebola, yes Ghana is Ebola free today, but would it still be by tomorrow or next week? remember Ghana is closer to the epicenter than Nigeria is. Not that I am praying for such a scenario, but Ebola is no joking matter..... even the Liberians, and Guineans would have never believed what is happening now, if you told them a year ago.
chulla12:

Look at another African youth engaging in country/country competition instead of engaging in some self-reflection.

Accra and Kumasi are world class cities to you?

May God help Nigeria, Ghana and the rest of Africa. sad

Haters keep hating, but Ghana keeps advancing!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: why don't you tell us? we are reading tongue

I made a post about it a while ago darling before the cyber attack on NL. i spoke of mainly technological advances. Henceforth I am willing to revive another thread again. There is no reason why Nigeria for example still does not have 4G LTE cell towers despite it being available to a huge portion of the globe for close to 3 years now. We need to jump on that bandwagon effective immediately.

We need to expand our internet pipelines and improve/ameliorate the effectiveness of our Internet pipelines in Nigeria (saying this as a Network Engineer). More and more people need access to much faster speed internet. In 5 years time, we need to have a goal that the average Nigerian no matter the region (North and South) has access to at least 10mbps download and 2mbps upload internet. Whether it is done with multi-mode fiber optics (which will be very expensive), Cable or DSL, it does not matter.

Nigeria needs to improve its roads, unfortunately the money is not going to the right places, the leaders are extremely corrupt and only care for themselves. We need to be able to build and assemble new cars made in Nigeria (still a long long way from that). India recently developed their own car brand (though I don't like it). South Korea has - Kia and Hyundai which are the same corporation both of which are doing well, Japan has Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. etc.

Nigeria needs to start building their own line of cars, preferably PZEV and ZEV vehicles (PZEV is partial zero emissions vehicles) and ZEV (Zero emissions vehicles) for clean air for people to breathe. We don't want to have polluted air like in Asia and the Western world. We need to jump on the electric and hybrid car bandwagon immediately.

There is so much to say, I could write a book on this in English, Fulfulde or French sef because my mind is full of thoughts to improve our current infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:03am On Aug 06, 2014
hercules07:

Stop voting based on ethnicity or religion and please please vote out Jonathan.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, how many will follow suit though.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:05am On Aug 06, 2014
ghananotnaija:

I'm glad that you are proud of your nation, and Ghana has been improving at a phenomenal rate for the past 5 - 10 years. However, they still have a ways to go.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by parrotibaba(m): 1:05am On Aug 06, 2014
ghananotnaija:

if Ghana is advancing it means dat naija is Paradise

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Eyaa poor thing undecided,you no get money sote you join our posts just to quote us and sounded like a defeated fool cheesy

we are criticizing our country because we want our leaders to sit up and do better OK?
Not that we are not proud of our country, we believe we can do better than we are already doing and its only a matter of time. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.

ghananotnaija:

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

I made a post about it a..............

Everything begins from power....
the availability of power/Electricity is the way out...... fixing the power problem alone, can have far reaching domino effects in every segment of our lives.... Nigerians are not lazy people, we just need the means and avenue to excel.
Unfortunately some bloodsuckers don't want that power fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:10am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo:

Everything begins from power....
the availability of power/Electricity is the way out...... fixing the power problem along, can have far reaching domino effects in every segment of our lives.... Nigerians are not lazy people, we just need the means and avenue to excel.
Unfortunately some bloodsuckers don't want that power fixed.

I absolutely agree with you my kin, as aforementioned, Nigerians are some of the most brilliant people in the world. The problem stems from extremely poor and egotistical (selfish) leadership
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 06, 2014
well said, If only our leaders will think this way and not stealing. But on the issue of cars,Is INNOSON not doing well?

Fulaman198:

I made a post about it a while ago darling before the cyber attack on NL. i spoke of mainly technological advances. Henceforth I am willing to revive another thread again. There is no reason why Nigeria for example still does not have 4G LTE cell towers despite it being available to a huge portion of the globe for close to 3 years now. We need to jump on that bandwagon effective immediately.

We need to expand our internet pipelines and improve/ameliorate the effectiveness of our Internet pipelines in Nigeria (saying this as a Network Engineer). More and more people need access to much faster speed internet. In 5 years time, we need to have a goal that the average Nigerian no matter the region (North and South) has access to at least 10mbps download and 2mbps upload internet. Whether it is done with multi-mode fiber optics (which will be very expensive), Cable or DSL, it does not matter.

Nigeria needs to improve its roads, unfortunately the money is not going to the right places, the leaders are extremely corrupt and only care for themselves. We need to be able to build and assemble new cars made in Nigeria (still a long long way from that). India recently developed their own car brand (though I don't like it). South Korea has - Kia and Hyundai which are the same corporation both of which are doing well, Japan has Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. etc.

Nigeria needs to start building their own line of cars, preferably PZEV and ZEV vehicles (PZEV is partial zero emissions vehicles) and ZEV (Zero emissions vehicles) for clean air for people to breathe. We don't want to have polluted air like in Asia and the Western world. We need to jump on the electric and hybrid car bandwagon immediately.

There is so much to say, I could write a book on this in English, Fulfulde or French sef because my mind is full of thoughts to improve our current infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:23am On Aug 06, 2014
peppyluv02: well said, If only our leaders will think this way and not stealing. But on the issue of cars,Is INNOSON not doing well?

They make mainly buses, coaches, carriers and trolleys. They do not really make cars. There is potential for them. The leaders need to wake up though.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 06, 2014
chulla12: These are pictures of Oslo, Norway - hardly a skyscraper in sight, but this does not detract from the pervasive comfort and livability that shines through the city:

i'm a bit curious. what part of Nigeria are you from?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2014
@op, maybe beautiful cities Nigeria's aspire to become.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by muosky(m): 1:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Why una dey snap church pix for Abia naa & besides that tower is edited
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Massive reorientation in our education system. The government should allocate billions attracting world-class Nigerian professionals based in foreign countries to come home and help run niched courses/schools in Nigeria such as engineering (in all its forms), sciences, health-care robotics, construction, military intelligence.

I have heard of Nigerians working in NASA, research facilities and esteemed institutions the world over. Why should we let their talents go to others when we need them to replicate this in our homeland?

We need to create significant man-power and population that is scientifically inclined and attuned to efficiency in all its forms. This way we can be able to run a lot of essentials that powers a modern economy. Essentially being able to research, and invent, and innovate in tandem with our environment. To do this we need to create a generation of thinkers by using our education system.

We also desperately need to increase government revenue to help fund public services such as schools, hospitals, transportation, mail, and sanitation. Usually this should be heavily dependent on Taxes but Nigeria does not have much in terms of a formal economy. This means that we don't have enough corporate entities and registered money making ventures. Where are our businessmen? Where are those that can study our markets and take full advantages of the opportunities that lie here?

People talk about $200B that has been squandered in oil revenue in Nigeria over the years but I honestly think that this amount is paltry compared to the output generated by individual companies in the US, for instance. Walmart generated close to $500B in revenues this year! Just Walmart! Imagine how much in corporate taxes the US government is enjoying. For all we know the US government is probably squandering much more that we do but this means nothing as America is literally swimming in money.

Our petro-dollar revenue to our population is pitiful and our government needs to think for once! Our government needs to devise more creative ways of increasing IGR. What about lotteries? Taxes for Nigerians in diaspora? Registering or accounting for informal businesses?

Also...since power generation has been privatized, how easy is it for private individuals to run electric power services? This should have been something grappled with by enterprising individuals a long time ago. In the US I don't think the government is responsible for providing power to the citizens. I have heard of companies in the US such as ConEdison (traded on the New York stock exchange). This is a huge business opportunity that kills 2 birds in one stone (profit and improved standard of living) if exploited by someone with the means to do so. I would have thought that billionaires or banks would get together to do create something like this.

Fulaman198: Yes High speed train systems would be a blessing in Nigeria.

What about this guys, we already know that Nigeria is not where it should be. Instead of putting down our beautiful nation, can we not discuss ways that we can improve it?

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 06, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

i'm a bit curious. what part of Nigeria are you from?

Eastern Nigeria (Igbo). Why?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ghananotnaija(m): 1:37am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

I'm glad that you are proud of your nation, and Ghana has been improving at a phenomenal rate for the past 5 - 10 years. However, they still have a ways to go.

Yes, Ghana has a long way to go to catch up to the likes of Singapore or Switzerland, but we're way past Nigeria already.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Tbamo(m): 1:39am On Aug 06, 2014

Pls which accra are you screaming about, because if we ranked cities in West Africa you would not be in the top ten! Now lie to us that accra is better than the following and I have been to all

Abuja
Lagos
Calabar
Abijan
Dakar
Kaduna
Uyo
Port harcourt
Ibadan
Enugu
Owerri
Bonny island
Yamousukro
Etc

Please we have problems in nigeria but not at the level of ghana!you guys that treat lagos the way yorubas treat London or the way igbos treat miami! Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 1:40am On Aug 06, 2014
chulla12: Massive reorientation in our education system. The government should allocate billions attracting world-class Nigerian professionals based in foreign countries to come home and help run niched courses/schools in Nigeria such as engineering (in all its forms), sciences, health-care robotics, construction, military intelligence.

I have heard of Nigerians working in NASA, research facilities and esteemed institutions the world over. Why should we let their talents go to others when we need them to replicate this in our homeland?

We need to create significant man-power and population that is scientifically inclined and attuned to efficiency in all its forms. This way we can be able to run a lot of essentials that powers a modern economy. Essentially being able to research, and invent, and innovate in tandem with our environment. To do this we need to create a generation of thinkers by using our education system.

We also desperately need to increase government revenue to help fund public services such as schools, hospitals, transportation, mail, and sanitation. Usually this should be heavily dependent on Taxes but Nigeria does not have much in terms of a formal economy. This means that we don't have enough corporate entities and registered money making ventures. Where are our businessmen? Where are those that can study our markets and take full advantages of the opportunities that lie here?

People talk about $200B that has been squandered in oil revenue in Nigeria over the years but I honestly think that this amount is paltry compared to the output generated by individual companies in the US, for instance. Walmart generated close to $500B in revenues this year! Just Walmart! Imagine how much in corporate taxes the US government is enjoying. For all we know the US government is probably squandering much more that we do but this means nothing as America is literally swimming in money.

Our petro-dollar revenue to our population is pitiful and our government needs to think for once! Our government needs to devise more creative ways of increasing IGR. What about lotteries? Taxes for Nigerians in diaspora? Registering or accounting for informal businesses?

Also...since power generation has been privatized, how easy is it for private individuals to run electric power services? This should have been something grappled with by enterprising individuals a long time ago. In the US I don't think the government is responsible for providing power to the citizens. I have heard of companies in the US such as ConEdison (traded on the New York stock exchange). This is a huge business opportunity that kills 2 birds in one stone (profit and improved standard of living) if exploited by someone with the means to do so. I would have thought that billionaires or banks would get together to do create something like this.

Yeah, you are absolutely correct. There are a lot of extremely intelligent Nigerians working for high-profile companies abroad (Going to bed after this so this will be the last thing I say before I wish you all a wonderful night). There are many Nigerians working for companies like Google, NASA, Lockheed Martin, etc. etc.

Instead of investing their brain power abroad, we need them to come back to Nigeria. But the only way to do so is to end the corruption, to get rid of useless leaders. I mean we have great people here in Nairaland. I mean thank God for Seun for example for creating this forum as a medium for Nigerians to interact and talk.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Life in Beijing As an International Student. / Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.