Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) (73002 Views)

Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) / What Buhari And US VP Joe Biden Discussed Today at breakfast / Buhari Condoles With Anambra, Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by gunner4life(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2014
you lie.!!!!!!!![quote author=donphilopus]Lol... My President looks good, though he's leaving Aso Rock come 2015!
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by sexzskil(f): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
moffat: and who is d US VP compare to GEJ, pple lyk u are d 1ce dat postrat 2 get a hnd shake 4rm a white man
Point of correction you basstardd, Joe Biden is far bigger than all African leaders in history combined! #FACT. INFACT, IT WAS A PRIVILEDGE JONATHAN USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO HAIL HIM.

God bless Biden!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Okeikpu(m): 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
uch12: Uncle Jona.. Dat ur smile dat ohh, God bless u and ur family. U look sharp in dat suit!!
Dats wht am talking abt shocked Dat's hw it supposed 2be wink He's the African leader, not Otu-oke....He shud dress smart all time.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Dapresident(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
edozie04: In ur dreams
na who send u say make u dey follow me like twitter.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

GEJ is a lost cause...and his wife just completes the equation about everything wrong with Nigeria. Also, those vying for office to replace aren't that better - so it's more or less a catch 22 situation.

I know folks like me have no chance whatsoever in trying to change anything in Nigeria. However, I'll like to know what you think is fundamentally wrong with the country, and what can be done to fix all the unique problems, that have more or less become a vicious cycle. To see if they correspond with my scholarship about fixing Africa/Nigeria's problem and the renaissance.

Honestly, it's just annoying to come here everyday, and read the same junk, with no progress whatsoever. And when you critique everything, it gets to stage when folks are going to start thinking you basically just derive joy from doing so, rather than your passion in wanting the best for the country. And a change that seems so elusive and far away.

In my opinion, Nigeria has been allowed to decay for so long, it's going to take time and a collective effort to begin to fix it. Nigeria's problems are so many and deep rooted, there is no silver bullet.

Just like an aggressive form of cancer, there's no single course of treatment, but a combination of various treatments.

If I'm called up tomorrow to make my diagnosis, my 3 points will be

Corruption: By far Nigeria's biggest problem. The effects of corruption are evident in every aspect of Nigeria. The average Nigerian is fundamentally corrupt, it's now second nature, a single man has no qualms diverting public money into his pockets. First there has to be complete re-orientation, it has to start from the grass roots, in schools, colleges and universities.

Education: Nigeria has a high level of illiteracy (above 35%) and even majority of the so called literates, are half-backed, this has created very bleak prospects for the country.

First, there has to be a complete overhaul of Nigeria's education system into something robust and easily accessible. I don't care if they seek foreign help in this area. Nigeria has a very poor and outdated educational standard, virtually unrecognised outside Africa.

Division: Segregation, tribalism, nepotism, partisanship... Is killing the country, this is why there is a vicious cycle of mediocrity. A man will rather put his brother or tribesman in a position than have someone better qualified. Support for Jonathan are not based on merit or performance but sentiments, look at the many attack dogs on NL

People have to learn to work together regardless of religion/creed or tribe.

In conclusion, Im not too sure Nigeria is mature enough for a democracy just yet. It seems to me that what Nigeria needs, is an authoritarian (not the corrupt or oppressive type) that will beat people back in line, and impose very stiff punishment for crimes.

My opinion!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dapresident: na who send u say make u dey follow me like twitter.
Gzus!!!See wowo pikin wan claim fine,wetin concern brad pitt nd lepacious bose
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by redsun(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Funjosh:

You still dont get the message.

What message? That he is not a colonized silver back or a rogue?
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

One blood was my chuuuuune!!!

Dre, I see dead people/blud blud blud blud blud blud/Yo, Dre thought I was Dead/West coast
I'm from the West side of the 64 impala/where nyggaz say "where you from" we'll never say "holla"/bandanna on the right side/gun on the left side

That tune right there, I used to get super-duper hyped in raves...staying west coast with dub in the sky. Those were the days man!! And when "Dr's Advocate" dropped, I went bonkers. Ol' English, you wouldn't get far, Doctor's Advocate, and why you get the game ft London's own Marsha Ambrosius(I used to put this track on repeat - now tell me why you hate the game oh oh oh lol). Those were the days, I tell ya.

My top 3 game tracks should be:

- Hate it or love it.
- One blood.
- How we do/Never Be Friends(a track on his second mixtape dedicated to his boy that got killed "4bent" - emotional tune).

Lol " I'm the doctor's advocate, homie dre shot ya.. Brought me back from the dead, that's why they call him the doctor.. The math going drop em, if 50 ain't rocking with him no more, it's OK I get it"

He went at jay on that track too

I don't got to make hits for the club, what DJ gonna turn down some groupie love.. You 38 and you still rappin' uh
I'm 26 homie, so is the dubs

Junior Reid killed One blood though

My top 4 game tracks

One blood (by far his hardest till date)
Dreams (my introduction to game)
Lets ride
My life (ft lil wayne)
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by marshalfire: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
just register and earn http://
jobandcash.com/?share=627326
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Dapresident(m): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=edozie04]Gzus!!!See wowo pikin wan claim fine,wetin concern brad pitt nd lepacious bose U brad pitt or did u miswrite? Anyways I shaKe ma head for u.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by DARock29: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Really Good to see our naija President in suit, hope he's picked a few western sense as well??
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
banttieman:

[size=58pt]
I HATE HIS NOSE[/size]

And I like your *BALLS* to be boldly stvpid undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Motolank: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jona looks like patience push him down from bed in the morning... IS THAT HIS NOSE
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:
In my opinion, Nigeria has been allowed to decay for so long, it's going to take time and a collective effort to begin to fix it. Nigeria's problems are so many and deep rooted, there is no silver bullet.

Just like an aggressive form of cancer, there's no single course of treatment, but a combination of various treatments.

If I'm called up tomorrow to make my diagnosis, my 3 points will be

Corruption: By far Nigeria's biggest problem. The effects of corruption are evident in every aspect of Nigeria. The average Nigerian is fundamentally corrupt, it's now second nature, a single man has no qualms diverting public money into his pockets. First there has to be complete re-orientation, it has to start from the grass roots, in schools, colleges and universities.

Education: Nigeria has a high level of illiteracy (above 35%) and even majority of the so called literates, are half-backed, this has created very bleak prospects for the country.

First, there has to be a complete overhaul of Nigeria's education system into something robust and easily accessible. I don't care if they seek foreign help in this area. Nigeria has a very poor and outdated educational standard, virtually unrecognised outside Africa.

Division: Segregation, tribalism, nepotism, partisanship... Is killing the country, this is why there is a vicious cycle of mediocrity. A man will rather put his brother or tribesman in a position than have someone better qualified. Support for Jonathan are not based on merit or performance but sentiments, look at the many attack dogs on NL

People have to learn to work together regardless of religion/creed or tribe.

In conclusion, Im not too sure Nigeria is mature enough for a democracy just yet. It seems to me that what Nigeria needs, is an authoritarian (not the corrupt or oppressive type) that will beat people back in line, and impose very stiff punishment for crimes.

My opinion!!

I like the three points you highlighted, however, I think it's a four-headed monster - and you should have included religion as well. Religion is just as problematic to the Nigerian cause as the other three.

Anyway, I'll like to see how you will tackle these problems, within an eight-year span, so as to create a solid foundation, for others to build on. Also, I think it will be interesting if you can use a next country that's similar to Nigeria, in terms of demographics, and how the country was able to solve its problems and move to prosperity - as a case study.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:
Lol " I'm the doctor's advocate, homie dre shot ya.. Brought me back from the dead, that's why they call him the doctor.. The math going drop em, if 50 ain't rocking with him no more, it's OK I get it"

He went at jay on that track too

I don't got to make hits for the club, what DJ gonna turn down some groupie love.. You 38 and you still rappin' uh
I'm 26 homie, so is the dubs

Junior Reid killed One blood though

My top 4 game tracks

One blood (by far his hardest till date)
Dreams (my introduction to game)
Lets ride
My life (ft lil wayne)

Yes, "Let's Ride" is decent, especially his gf back then. I wonder why he broke up with her - beautiful chic. It has the west coast feel, with the impala, khakis, chuck taylors, and the beat. However, his lyrics were a tad bit off-beat in the tune. "My life" with Lil Wayne is do.pe.

"Dreams" is also decent especially when he said, "I had dreams of fucking an R &B biitch like Mya/When I saw that ar.se on the front of that King/Read the article in a magazine/She loved gangsters, loved nasty things/So I'm in the glass house having nasty dreams/Good girls never give it up/But anything is possible, if 50 fvcked Vivica." Mya is fiooone as fvck - and she thicka than a snicka! grin Not the old Mya, with Praz on "Ghetto Superstar" - the new and improved one. grin

Anyway, The Game kind of fell off - but I'll always be a big fan of music. That's my nyggah. And he has a core fan base as well. Have you heard the track 'chevy Ridin' high'? It's a Dre from Cool and Dre track from 2006 ft. The Game, Pusha T, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, and Dirtbag. I remember I just started driving then in College, and I used to play it everyday in the whip, with T.I's "What you know" - banger!!

Of all the new music he has been putting out since the LAX album, the "celebration" tune remix with Bone Thugs(freaking legends) has to be my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ycs_Dby9XI
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

I like the three points you highlighted, however, I think it's a four-headed monster - and you should have included religion as well. Religion is just as problematic to the Nigerian cause as the other three.

Anyway, I'll like to see how you will tackle these problems, within an eight-year span, so as to create a solid foundation, for others to build on. Also, I think it will be interesting if you can use a next country that's similar to Nigeria, in terms of demographics, and how the country was able to solve its problems and move to prosperity - as a case study.

Of course religion is setting Nigeria backwards, as a matter of fact, last week I was discussing this Ebola crises with a cousin of mine who's a religious freak, I said religion has kept Africa undeveloped, and if I had my way, I'd ban religion in Nigeria. She said God would punish me first.

Religion can be a very polarising force however, I won't categorise it as a problem just yet, because I know religion can co-exist with development, after all religion exists In the developed world. The problem is Africans are too dumb, they place religion above everything and allow it to limit their mental capacity. Religion creates a problem when it's abused (take Islam as an example) I believe religion and state should never mix.

I don't think there is any country with similar demographics as Nigeria which has been able to solve its problems, taking into account there are not many countries like Nigeria. Ghana did make some progress at one point, China as well, are making progress but not quite there yet.

8 years may be too short to lay a solid foundation, but given the opportunity, I'm going to need a super team. Nigeria is a difficult place to operate in, so many enemies of change, so many forces to contend with.

If you were made president or tasked with rebuilding Nigeria, what are going to do?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Yes, "Let's Ride" is decent, especially his gf back then. I wonder why he broke up with her - beautiful chic. It has the west coast feel, with the impala, khakis, chuck taylors, and the beat. However, his lyrics were a tad bit off-beat in the tune. "My life" with Lil Wayne is do.pe.

"Dreams" is also decent especially when he said, "I had dreams of fucking an R &B biitch like Mya/When I saw that ar.se on the front of that King/Read the article in a magazine/She loved gangsters, loved nasty things/So I'm in the glass house having nasty dreams/Good girls never give it up/But anything is possible, if 50 fvcked Vivica." Mya is fiooone as fvck - and she thicka than a snicka! grin Not the old Mya, with Praz on "Ghetto Superstar" - the new and improved one. grin

Anyway, The Game kind of fell off - but I'll always be a big fan of music. That's my nyggah. And he has a core fan base as well. Have you heard the track 'chevy Ridin' high'? It's a Dre from Cool and Dre track from 2006 ft. The Game, Pusha T, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, and Dirtbag. I remember I just started driving then in College, and I used to play it everyday in the whip, with T.I's "What you know" - banger!!

Of all the new music he has been putting out since the LAX album, the "celebration" tune remix with Bone Thugs(freaking legends) has to be my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ycs_Dby9XI

I think the game has been with the same chic (his babies mama) for like 10 years now, not too sure though

Mya looks depreciated now, she's past her prime. 2002-2007 were her hey days, so many rappers smashed her then.

The game fell off big time, (he's lucky though, he made some good money) hip hop has changed a lot, so many people just fizzled into oblivion. I don't like the original version of Celebration, the one which features Chris brown, this one is a bit better.

My best tracks from & since LAX, are My Life, Dop*e boys ft travis Baker, and Ali Bomaye.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by IGWISE(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
this is art work.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:
I think the game has been with the same chic (his babies mama) for like 10 years now, not too sure though

Mya looks depreciated now, she's past her prime. 2002-2007 were her hey days, so many rappers smashed her then.

The game fell off big time, (he's lucky though, he made some good money) hip hop has changed a lot, so many people just fizzled into oblivion. I don't like the original version of Celebration, the one which features Chris brown, this one is a bit better.

My best tracks from & since LAX, are My Life, Dop*e boys ft travis Baker, and Ali Bomaye.

Nah, the chic he was with then was Valeisha Butterfield(I think her dad is a congressman) and they were engaged before The Game chickened out. She's in the "Let's Ride" video as well. The chic was super duper nice back then.

C'mon fam, Mya looks better now than she has ever looked. Have you seen her lately? Her body is crazy now!!! grin

The Game has a massive fan base, even out here in the UK. All the time he comes out here, all his shows are always sold out. He's huge all over Europe. He goes on tour alone and I believe he makes a lot of money off that. The guy just fell off after the whole beef thing got boring. But he'll always be my nyggah. Yes, the version of "celebration" that featured Chris Brown, Tyga, Lil Wayne, and Wiz Khalifa is too generic - the Bone Thugs version is better...Bone Thugs own the tune as well, The Game just sampled it.

My best tracks on LAX are: "My Life" ft Lil Wayne, "Angel" ft Common(bad ar.se tune), "Game's Pain" ft Keyshia Cole, and "Money"(the most slept on track on that album).
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 08, 2014
50calibre:
Of course religion is setting Nigeria backwards, as a matter of fact, last week I was discussing this Ebola crises with a cousin of mine who's a religious freak, I said religion has kept Africa undeveloped, and if I had my way, I'd ban religion in Nigeria. She said God would punish me first.

Religion can be a very polarising force however, I won't categorise it as a problem just yet, because I know religion can co-exist with development, after all religion exists In the developed world. The problem is Africans are too dumb, they place religion above everything and allow it to limit their mental capacity. Religion creates a problem when it's abused (take Islam as an example) I believe religion and state should never mix.

I don't think there is any country with similar demographics as Nigeria which has been able to solve its problems, taking into account there are not many countries like Nigeria. Ghana did make some progress at one point, China as well, are making progress but not quite there yet.

8 years may be too short to lay a solid foundation, but given the opportunity, I'm going to need a super team. Nigeria is a difficult place to operate in, so many enemies of change, so many forces to contend with.

If you were made president or tasked with rebuilding Nigeria, what are going to do?

I'm loving this. Thumps up for the insightful post. Honestly, if the overwhelming majority of the people are practitioners of a particular religion, and the religion is intertwined with their identity - there's absolutely nothing wrong in the state and religion working together as a single entity. That was what all Western societies were built on because Christianity represented the indentity of the people(who they're). However, these days because of globalisation, and multi-culturalism, it's more covert and not as overt as it used to be. But almost everything that governs them still has those Christian values.

For a country like Nigeria where the two prominent religions are evenly distributed and neither represent the identity of the people, then both have to be regulated, and banned in certain aspects of the society - to enable co-existence. I hate to say this: but Islam is more or less a cancer due to the aggressive nature of the practitioners and the doctrine, especially whenever it has to compete with other religions for supremacy. And Christianity on the other hand in Africa is more or less a tumour, due to its non-aggressive nature albeit still problematic because of the faux hope based on faith it gives the people. Also, I think the reason why African Christians aren't that aggressive is because most Africans are more into pentecostalism, and the doctrine isn't aggressive. Even those who're into the traditional Christian Churches don't dwell on the core aspects of it.

There are a lot of countries with demographics that are somewhat similar to Nigeria. UK for example is somewhat similar to Nigeria albeit England is far bigger than the rest. However, the system of government kind of creates a balance. Ditto Canada and the different provinces; Belgium and the regional government with the French and Dutch parts; Mainland China and Hong Kong etc.. I can even break the whole of Western Europe down into how they've been able to manage the ethnic differences in most countries. Most countries in Europe have an overwhelming majority of a certain Indo-European ethnic group, with other Indo-European minorities. However, what they did with a federalised structure is to give semi-autonomy to these minority groups. For example in Italy, Sicily is a semi-autonomous part of Italy. Almost all the regions in Spain are autonomous etc.. That's basically why most countries in Europe are thriving and co-existing peacefully - and no group is forcing its opinions on the others.

Furthermore, 8 years isn't a that short...you can lay a solid foundation within that period while purging the system off the old guards, for continuity. And trust me, once you get certain things in place, it'll be difficult to reverse. However, the best way it can happen is via an authoritarian regime that doesn't really have to deal with so much bureaucracy, especially the legislative and judiciary arms of government. Let's say you substitute the problematic and destructive centralised system of government, for a confederation, or different semi-autonomous regions in a federalised structure - no one will be able to reverse that in a long time. Ditto if you were to change the school curriculum, and the new curriculum yielded positive results during your 8-year tenure.

Finally, for what I'll do if I were to be Nigeria's president - I honestly won't get into that. For that, I'll have to write a book like Gadaffi's "Green Book." I'm more of a Che Guevara, not a Fidel Castro...pulling the strings from behind the scene is my forte. I'm a ghost. grin cool
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by eaglechild: 12:08am On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm loving this. Thumps up for the insightful post. Honestly, if the overwhelming majority of the people are practitioners of a particular religion, and the religion is intertwined with their identity - there's absolutely nothing wrong in the state and religion working together as a single entity. That was what all Western societies were built on because Christianity represented the indentity of the people(who they're). However, these days because of globalisation, and multi-culturalism, it's more covert and not as overt as it used to be. But almost everything that governs them still has those Christian values.

For a country like Nigeria where the two prominent religions are evenly distributed and neither represent the identity of the people, then both have to be regulated, and banned in certain aspects of the society - to enable co-existence. I hate to say this: but Islam is more or less a cancer due to the aggressive nature of the practitioners and the doctrine, especially whenever it has to compete with other religions for supremacy. And Christianity on the other hand in Africa is more or less a tumour, due to its non-aggressive nature albeit still problematic because of the faux hope based on faith it gives the people. Also, I think the reason why African Christians aren't that aggressive is because most Africans are more into pentecostalism, and the doctrine isn't aggressive. Even those who're into the traditional Christian Churches don't dwell on the core aspects of it.

There are a lot of countries with demographics that are somewhat similar to Nigeria. UK for example is somewhat similar to Nigeria albeit England is far bigger than the rest. However, the system of government kind of creates a balance. Ditto Canada and the different provinces; Belgium and the regional government with the French and Dutch parts; Mainland China and Hong Kong etc.. I can even break the whole of Western Europe down into how they've been able to manage the ethnic differences in most countries. Most countries in Europe have an overwhelming majority of a certain Indo-European ethnic group, with other Indo-European minorities. However, what they did with a federalised structure is to give semi-autonomy to these minority groups. For example in Italy, Sicily is a semi-autonomous part of Italy. Almost all the regions in Spain are autonomous etc.. That's basically why most countries in Europe are thriving and co-existing peacefully - and no group is forcing its opinions on the others.

Furthermore, 8 years isn't a that short...you can lay a solid foundation within that period while purging the system off the old guards, for continuity. And trust me, once you get certain things in place, it'll be difficult to reverse. However, the best way it can happen is via an authoritarian regime that doesn't really have to deal with so much bureaucracy, especially the legislative and judiciary arms of government. Let's say you substitute the problematic and destructive centralised system of government, for a confederation, or different semi-autonomous regions in a federalised structure - no one will be able to reverse that in a long time. Ditto if you were to change the school curriculum, and the new curriculum yielded positive results during your 8-year tenure.

Finally, for what I'll do if I were to be Nigeria's president - I honestly won't get into that. For that, I'll have to write a book like Gadaffi's "Green Book." I'm more of a Che Guevara, not a Fidel Castro...pulling the strings from behind the scene is my forte. I'm a ghost. grin cool
Nice.

I mostly agree with you, however I think most countries in Europe are much more homogeneous than Nigeria.
For one they are mostly monolingual.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Nice.

I mostly agree with you, however I think most countries in Europe are much more homogeneous than Nigeria.
For one they are mostly monolingual.

Yes, but my point is that: despite the homogeneity the system of government they practice is based on semi-autonomy for the nuances in the languages and ethnicities. And that's why they co-exist peacefully.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 3:47am On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Very important points you make, globalisation and multiculturalism is changing everything.

These countries you mentioned are quite diverse, but nothing in the scale of Nigeria. The UK as an example was able to exist in a union as semi-autonomous countries, after centuries of conflicts.

Nigeria is on a whole different level. There are more than 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria (with about 8 being the most influential), over 500 languages (including Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba)
3 main types of religion, Christian, Muslim, traditional beliefs.

Christians are divided into Protestants, Catholics and the Pentecostals/orthodox

The Muslims are divided into the Sunni majority and the Shia.

There are over 25 political parties

Population wise, Nigeria has experienced a 60% growth from 1990-2008.

In my life time, there have been a few ethnic conflicts (had nothing to do with religion) Ife vs modakeke, Ijaw vs Itsekiri, umuleri vs aguleri

How do you begin to reconcile these forces?

Looool Ghadaffi's green book has been consigned to the Libyan dust bin, haha so you're going to pass on the opportunity of being a Stalin or Mao or Pol pot, are you ready for that Che Guavara struggle/fugitive life?
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by iamord(m): 3:56am On Aug 08, 2014
50calibre:

Am with u on this one
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by bigfrancis21: 4:33am On Aug 08, 2014
Blockus: He looks like a fhucking reetard. angry

#StickToWhatWorksForYou.. angry

Cant you see how this Ghanaian President was still tying his bedsheet when he met the Queen of England. angry Though he looks ugly and ridiculous, he looks like what the White people think Africans should look like..

[img]http://excoweezy.page4.me/kufffopf-1_c1000_800.jpg[/img]

Lmao! This one got me cracking up so bad! grin
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

And I like your *BALLS* to be boldly stvpid undecided undecided undecided undecided

[size=58pt]LIKE YOUR STVPID FATHER[/size]
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by lucianohase(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2014
donphilopus: Lol... My President looks good, though he's leaving Aso Rock come 2015!
I see him stay till 2019....
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 9:31am On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, the chic he was with then was Valeisha Butterfield(I think her dad is a congressman) and they were engaged before The Game chickened out. She's in the "Let's Ride" video as well. The chic was super duper nice back then.

C'mon fam, Mya looks better now than she has ever looked. Have you seen her lately? Her body is crazy now!!! grin

The Game has a massive fan base, even out here in the UK. All the time he comes out here, all his shows are always sold out. He's huge all over Europe. He goes on tour alone and I believe he makes a lot of money off that. The guy just fell off after the whole beef thing got boring. But he'll always be my nyggah. Yes, the version of "celebration" that featured Chris Brown, Tyga, Lil Wayne, and Wiz Khalifa is too generic - the Bone Thugs version is better...Bone Thugs own the tune as well, The Game just sampled it.

My best tracks on LAX are: "My Life" ft Lil Wayne, "Angel" ft Common(bad ar.se tune), "Game's Pain" ft Keyshia Cole, and "Money"(the most slept on track on that album).

Yeah yeah I remember one time I heard he was dating a congressman's daughter. I think the relationship was shot anyway because I remember him saying in an interview he's been with his current girlfriend since 05.

Mya got more flesh on now, her hips are the only part of her body gaining the most weight but she looks aged. Even at the Super Bowl 2 years ago, alongside madonna, she looked worn out. Don't get me wrong, I will still smash her without a moments hesitation.

Yeah The Game has a huge UK fan base, I always see his interviews with Tim Westwood & some other chics I don't even know. I think he enjoys the UK rap scene, I've heard him say Dizzee Rascal is his favourite, and Wizkid his favourite African artist.

Money is do*pe " Kanye told me that Jesus walks in 04 but I grew up around impalas & drug lords welcome to Los Angeles Palm trees and drug store, all we know is rocks and presidents like Mount Rushmore"
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
50calibre:

Very important points you make, globalisation and multiculturalism is changing everything.

These countries you mentioned are quite diverse, but nothing in the scale of Nigeria. The UK as an example was able to exist in a union as semi-autonomous countries, after centuries of conflicts.

Nigeria is on a whole different level. There are more than 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria (with about 8 being the most influential), over 500 languages (including Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba)
3 main types of religion, Christian, Muslim, traditional beliefs.

Christians are divided into Protestants, Catholics and the Pentecostals/orthodox

The Muslims are divided into the Sunni majority and the Shia.

There are over 25 political parties

Population wise, Nigeria has experienced a 60% growth from 1990-2008.

In my life time, there have been a few ethnic conflicts (had nothing to do with religion) Ife vs modakeke, Ijaw vs Itsekiri, umuleri vs aguleri

How do you begin to reconcile these forces?

Looool Ghadaffi's green book has been consigned to the Libyan dust bin, haha so you're going to pass on the opportunity of being a Stalin or Mao or Pol pot, are you ready for that Che Guavara struggle/fugitive life?

Honestly, the 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria thing is bogus. I think most of these groups are just claiming different identities because of the system of government, so as to benefit from the center. However, once you break it down based on linguistics or maybe even DNA, there can't be more than 20 ethnic groups in the country max. The ethnic groups in the South for example, based on linguistics aren't more than six, with certain groups being a mixture of two larger groups - and they can be grouped with either of the two big groups. Even the middle belt in which people allude to being super diverse isn't that diverse, if we re-enact the Kwararafa kingdom in which most of them used to be part of. The whole Nigerian gazillion ethnic group thing is like all the counties in England for example claiming different identities. With that, there will be 50 indigenous ethnic groups in England alone.

With Islam, I think there might be Sufi Muslims in Nigeria as well. Sufi is closer to Sunni, but it has certain things in common with Shia. Anyway, the overwhelming majority of Nigerian Muslims are Sunnis, about 90-95% or so.

As for reconciling the people: once their ethnic interests are taken care of and people aren't hungry(an hungry man is an angry man), there won't be that much need to fight. Regardless, people will always disagree but it won't be at this rate, with so much bottled-up anger.

Sir Gadaffi and the green book - the most eccentric leader of this generation. With so much flamboyance, style, vigour - and a show stopper with those female bodyguards. I miss Muamar Gadaffi - Africa's last warrior! grin

Lmao...the idea of being Chairman Mao sounds interesting, or maybe even a Lenin...but I'll pass. I'll be Che Guavara and what he did with Cuba, without the revolutionary globe-trotting or excursions that happened afterwards. Revolutionary mindset.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Skmoda360(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
donphilopus: Lol... My President looks good, though he's leaving Aso Rock come 2015!
how did you know he is leaving office come 2015
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by BUTICANT: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sunofgod: is that a man utd tie?

Anyway, he should have invested in a 'tailor made' suit rather than one of the shelf.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SUIT AND WHO IT FITS. A GUESS YOU HAVE NEVER WON ONE.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by BUTICANT: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
SURE LOOKS NICE LIKE A GENTLEMAN HE IS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Insists Atiku Is From Cameroon, Reveals More Details (Pics) / Oluremi Tinubu Kneels Down To Greet Muhammad Buhari / President Buhari In His Humble Living Room Today In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.