Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) (73003 Views)

Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) / What Buhari And US VP Joe Biden Discussed Today at breakfast / Buhari Condoles With Anambra, Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by 50calibre(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Honestly, the 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria thing is bogus. I think most of these groups are just claiming different identities because of the system of government, so as to benefit from the center. However, once you break it down based on linguistics or maybe even DNA, there can't be more than 20 ethnic groups in the country max. The ethnic groups in the South for example, based on linguistics aren't more than six, with certain groups being a mixture of two larger groups - and they can be grouped with either of the two big groups. Even the middle belt in which people allude to being super diverse isn't that diverse, if we re-enact the Kwararafa kingdom in which most of them used to be part of. The whole Nigerian gazillion ethnic group thing is like all the counties in England for example claiming different identities. With that, there will be 50 indigenous ethnic groups in England alone.

With Islam, I think there might be Sufi Muslims in Nigeria as well. Sufi is closer to Sunni, but it has certain things in common with Shia. Anyway, the overwhelming majority of Nigerian Muslims are Sunnis, about 90-95% or so.

As for reconciling the people: once their ethnic interests are taken care of and people aren't hungry(an hungry man is an angry man), there won't be that much need to fight. Regardless, people will always disagree but it won't be at this rate, with so much bottled-up anger.

Sir Gadaffi and the green book - the most eccentric leader of this generation. With so much flamboyance, style, vigour - and a show stopper with those female bodyguards. I miss Muamar Gadaffi - Africa's last warrior! grin

Lmao...the idea of being Chairman Mao sounds interesting, or maybe even a Lenin...but I'll pass. I'll be Che Guavara and what he did with Cuba, without the revolutionary globe-trotting or excursions that happened afterwards. Revolutionary mindset.

Ghadaffi was the last of Africa's lunatic dictators, he was just an entertainment to watch, always turning up to public events in one flamboyant outfit or the other, flanked by his hot female bodyguards which he also fuc*ks.

The west transgressed upon Africa by killing its strongest man like a dog.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Akiika: 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
What a relief!!! stop wearing a phucking pajamas and a hat everywhere...there are smarter traditional outfit you can wear if you must display our tradition.
Re: President Jonathan In Suit With Joe Biden (pics) by Caleycash(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
rman:

On top wetin? Just an observation. Stop projecting your insecurity and shallow mind by coming online to insult people.

Without a doubt, it is obvious your entire existence and happiness is tied to GEJ being president. Seriously, I don't envy you.

Get a life!
Av seen ur own life u've got...Ozu atiti!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Insists Atiku Is From Cameroon, Reveals More Details (Pics) / Oluremi Tinubu Kneels Down To Greet Muhammad Buhari / President Buhari In His Humble Living Room Today In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.