Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,395 members, 7,864,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven (3090 Views)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by alchemist13: 12:07am On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: ...and stop asking questions
and here lies the problem of religion.
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by DrummaBoy(m): 5:08am On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: point of correction mr drummaboy without knowledge.. I never said that tithes is needed before salvation...

Mr Prophet

If you never said tithes is not needed before salvation, what else does the title of this thread which says "NO TITHES NO HEAVEN" mean?

1 Like

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by PastorKun(m): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Mr Prophet

If you never said tithes is not needed before salvation, what else does the title of this thread which says "NO TITHES NO HEAVEN" mean?

Don't mind him, he is just a typical hungry hustler. I just viewed his profile as well he is obviously a jobless young man who has decided to use the gospel as his meal ticket.

5 Likes

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Image123(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I hope Image123 is seeing this. I hope he won't come again and say people are not preaching "tithe or burn". I do not know what else to call the OP.

Oh common, i've said it several times that the teaching of tithes (like virtually every other bible subject e.g prayer, baptism, holy spirit etc) has its abuse, misuse and right use. i say it again, i have yet to hear any major Nigerian preacher condemn one to hell for not giving tithes. i have also said and say again that if they do, i think they're wrong. Stop harassing me up and down about tithes, i thought you just made that resolve about one week now?
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by PastorKun(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Image123:

Oh common, i've said it several times that the teaching of tithes (like virtually every other bible subject e.g prayer, baptism, holy spirit etc) has its abuse, misuse and right use. i say it again, i have yet to hear any major Nigerian preacher condemn one to hell for not giving tithes. i have also said and say again that if they do, i think they're wrong. Stop harassing me up and down about tithes, i thought you just made that resolve about one week now?

Stop lying Adeboye is known to have condemned non tithers to hell in his wretched "open heavens" devotional. There he described non tithers as robbers and he then quotes a bible passage that states robbers would go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Rich4god(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Stop lying Adeboye is known to have condemned non tithers to hell in his wretched "open heavens" devotional. There he described non tithers as robbers and he then quotes a bible passage that states robbers would go to hell.
Dont mind them... They always shoot theirself in the leg anytime they try to defend tithing.... Even look at the self acclaimed prophet udeme had been dodging my question in this post. He knows answering such question will expose him...
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Stop lying Adeboye is known to have condemned non tithers to hell in his wretched "open heavens" devotional .
james 1 vs 26 - if any man among u seem to be religious and controls not his tongue but decieveth his own heart; this man's religion is vain... Ure a believer as u claim but look at ur words.. Via the bolded statements.. Be very kful
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rich4god: Dont mind them... They always shoot theirself in the leg anytime they try to defend tithing.... Even look at the self acclaimed prophet udeme had been dodging my question in this post. He knows answering such question will expose him...
ezekiel 3 vs 26 - the Lord GOD says He will make me tongue to cleave inside my mouth an i will be dumb and i will not reprove u nor argue wit u nor try to correct u nor answer ur tempting questions because u people are a rebellious people.. Also in vs 27 God commands me to only speak what He gives me to speak and He that heareth let him hear for u all are a rebellious people..... I've gat no time bro to lay up words of answers to ur tempting questions
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Rich4god(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: ezekiel 3 vs 26 - the Lord GOD says He will make me tongue to cleave inside my mouth an i will be dumb and i will not reprove u nor argue wit u nor try to correct u nor answer ur tempting questions because u people are a rebellious people.. Also in vs 27 God commands me to only speak what He gives me to speak and He that heareth let him hear for u all are a rebellious people..... I've gat no time bro to lay up words of answers to ur tempting questions
When did you become Ezekiel... Or did he reincarnate in you... And dont tell me that God was speaking you, cos if you do, it means God was speaking to me too... And then what make you think that my words to you is not what God said I should tell you to put you in the correct path...

2 Likes

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by Rich4god(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: james 1 vs 26 - if any man among u seem to be religious and controls not his tongue but decieveth his own heart; this man's religion is vain... Ure a believer as u claim but look at ur words.. Via the bolded statements.. Be very kful
Sorry to say, but this is pure hypocricy... Aren't you the one that called JW, church of the anti-christ... Guess your religion too is in vain... So much for a prophet...

2 Likes

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by PastorKun(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: james 1 vs 26 - if any man among u seem to be religious and controls not his tongue but decieveth his own heart; this man's religion is vain... Ure a believer as u claim but look at ur words.. Via the bolded statements.. Be very kful

Unfortunately I have read so many lies, half truths, outright scriptural manipulations and even heresies in the so called devotional so the best way I can describe it is to label it wretched.
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by PastorKun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rich4god: Sorry to say, but this is pure hypocricy... Aren't you the one that called JW, church of the anti-christ... Guess your religion too is in vain... So much for a prophet...

Don't mind the petty thief, he is just starting his own hustle.
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by paxonel(m): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Honour the LORD with thy substance and with the first fruits of thine increase...... (proverbs 3 vs 9)..

Peace and mercy from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Lord......

It has been brought to the Lord's notice that His commandments to everyone to pay tithes has been deleted from the minds of the people thru heretic teachers who pervert God's word and whose damnation slumbereth not....

I AM THE LORD I CHANGE NOT (malachi 3 vs 6)

bring all the tithes into the store house and that there may be meat in the house of the Lord.... (malachi 3 vs 10) if u refuse and disobey you are curse with an everlasting curse (malachi 3 vs 9)

matthew 23 vs 23 the Lkord Jesus Christ had taught us the true way to pay tithes by observing judgement an mercy and walking in holiness and ur tithes will be accepted.... Tithes help the church and evangelism an missionary work.... Failure to pay tithes will undoubtedly lead u to hell because of 2 offences.... Robbing God (malachi 3 vs cool and disobedience and the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience.. Keep the commandments of God and pay ur tithes and honour Him with the tenth of ur earnings... God warns us not to bend His laws...... As for the heretic teachers like pastor kun and his company who pervert God's word and lead many astray against paying tithes... Repentance is needed from them or else a fiery indignation from the Eternal Judge will fall on them.. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit.. Amen
it pastors want to. deceive church members to pay tithe they will read old testament. please old testament and new testament are not the same. old testament is old covenant while new testament is new covenant.
Don't tell me Jesus didn't come to debunk the law, the law Jesus didn't come to debunk is the 10 commandments. tithe is not 10 commandments it was for the Jews only
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by alchemist13: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
A quick exposition on Jesus and the Law.

Note the bolded

Matthew 5

17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

It is obvious that Jesus was telling his immediate listeners (the Jews) to obey every single, minuscule part of the law which will include stoning to death insolent children. Yes you heard me right. Jesus said about as much in Matt. 15:4 (see Exodus 21:17). Haven't you ever wondered why Jesus did not just tell the accusers of that adulterer (prostitute?) that stoning her to death was evil? But instead Jesus had to appeal to the fact that everyone was sinful and needed salvation? That is because the law, according to the Bible is righteous and yes that includes stoning an adulterous woman to death but this presupposes and already sinless society. So stoning offenders to death was a way to preserve purity in God's society.
However at the time of Jesus (well, right from Eden to be fair), mankind and the Jewish society in particular has so fallen from grace that all deserved the death penalty, (Rom 6:23) that all needed redemption from death.
Now back to Matt 5. Jesus did not say he had fulfilled the law, but that he has come to fulfill the law. Now according to Christian beliefs, Jesus will come back the second time during rapture so Jesus couldn't have been talking about his second coming but rather he was talking about his first coming. So how did Jesus fulfill the law? Well by the way he lived and by his death! So therefore after Calvary, Christ has fulfilled the requirements of the law! (Rom 10:4)
This is the reason why Christians don't, have to stone insolent children or worry about wearing clothes made from different materials. However there seems to be certain laws from the old testament that are binding to Christians today but many more laws that are not. So how do Christians know which laws are binding and which are not? This will be the focus on my next post.

Note I am an atheist so feel free to ignore grin
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by paxonel(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
stoning the adulterous woman is enforcement of the part of the 10 commandments which says thou shall not commit adultery. It is not enforcement of any Jewish law or circumcision or tithe so what are you talking ?

1 Like

Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by alchemist13: 1:11am On Aug 09, 2014
paxonel: stoning the adulterous woman is enforcement of the part of the 10 commandments which says thou shall not commit adultery. It is not enforcement of any Jewish law or circumcision or tithe so what are you talking ?
Is the 10 commandment not part of the laws of Moses?
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by JesusisLord85: 1:26am On Aug 09, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Honour the LORD with thy substance and with the first fruits of thine increase...... (proverbs 3 vs 9)..

Peace and mercy from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Lord......

It has been brought to the Lord's notice that His commandments to everyone to pay tithes has been deleted from the minds of the people thru heretic teachers who pervert God's word and whose damnation slumbereth not....

I AM THE LORD I CHANGE NOT (malachi 3 vs 6)

bring all the tithes into the store house and that there may be meat in the house of the Lord.... (malachi 3 vs 10) if u refuse and disobey you are curse with an everlasting curse (malachi 3 vs 9)

matthew 23 vs 23 the Lkord Jesus Christ had taught us the true way to pay tithes by observing judgement an mercy and walking in holiness and ur tithes will be accepted.... Tithes help the church and evangelism an missionary work.... Failure to pay tithes will undoubtedly lead u to hell because of 2 offences.... Robbing God (malachi 3 vs cool and disobedience and the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience.. Keep the commandments of God and pay ur tithes and honour Him with the tenth of ur earnings... God warns us not to bend His laws...... As for the heretic teachers like pastor kun and his company who pervert God's word and lead many astray against paying tithes... Repentance is needed from them or else a fiery indignation from the Eternal Judge will fall on them.. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit.. Amen

Dost thou keep the dietary laws?
Dost thou observe the feasts?
Dost thou keep the sabbath?
Dost thou show Israel her sins?

If so, thou doest well.
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by paxonel(m): 7:39am On Aug 09, 2014
what I'm saying is, certain Jewish laws such as circumcision, tithe, dietary law, feast, Sabbath, etc should not be enforced.they are optional. if you like keep them,if you like ignore them, if you ignore them God is not offended. nobody will slap you
even the laws in 10 commandments there are only six of them that should be enforced which are
thou shall not kill
thou shall not lie
thou shall not bear false witness
thou shall not commit adultery
honor your father and mother
thou shall not covet thy neighbor
Even the first one which should not be enforced is for believers because they know God exist is
thou shall love thy God with all thy heart
so, you can see that tithe is optional and it is for the jews
if the jews think it is easy for other tribes of the world (gentiles ) to keep their traditional law of tithe, I am a yoruba man, i will go to my yoruba land and make laws, let them come and pay tithe too
nonsense!
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by alchemist13: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2014
paxonel: what I'm saying is, certain Jewish laws such as circumcision, tithe, dietary law, feast, Sabbath, etc should not be enforced.they are optional. if you like keep them,if you like ignore them, if you ignore them God is not offended. nobody will slap you
even the laws in 10 commandments there are only six of them that should be enforced which are
thou shall not kill
thou shall not lie
thou shall not bear false witness
thou shall not commit adultery
honor your father and mother
thou shall not covet thy neighbor
Even the first one which should not be enforced is for believers because they know God exist is
thou shall love thy God with all thy heart
so, you can see that tithe is optional and it is for the jews
if the jews think it is easy for other tribes of the world (gentiles ) to keep their traditional law of tithe, I am a yoruba man, i will go to my yoruba land and make laws, let them come and pay tithe too
nonsense!
You seem to misunderstand me. I am trying to show why some OT laws are valid and why some are not.
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by JesusisLord85: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2014
alchemist13:
You seem to misunderstand me. I am trying to show why some OT laws are valid and why some are not.

Who decided which to keep. you?
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by alchemist13: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Who decided which to keep. you?
No I just wanted to share my opinion based on my understanding...
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by paxonel(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
@alchemist, OK, I understand you
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by brocab: 12:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Mark 12 41-44. The lord talks more on given, If you read it clearly; the lord speaks on how the rich gave from their abundance, which is the tithe and the widow gave all that she had, which is giving, and the lord said; that the woman was blessed more then the tithers. And then when you read to chapter 13 Vs 1. you see the Lord predicts the destruction of that same temple, that tithers tithe into, So ask yourself, if the lord wanted us to tithe today, then why did Jesus tare down the temple? And over the years everytime it was built again, it was torn down. Not one stone was left apon another, that shall not be thrown down. So if the lord wanted us to tithe, that temple would be still standing today. And it says clearly, In 1 timothy 6,1-6 if anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness, he is proud knowing nothing, but is absessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come enry, strife, reviling, evil supicions, unless wranglings of minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose the godliness is the means of Gain{money} From such withdraw yourself. But godliness with contentment is great Gain...1 Peter 5-2 clearly says, Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, servicing as overseer's not by constraint but willingly, not for dishonest Gain but eagerly....So if tithing, is the princables to be saved, then the blood of jesus isn't enough to cover me, I have to pay my way into heaven aswell....
ProphetUdeme: mark 12 vs 41-44 the Lord Jesus told us the true guide to paying tithes..... Tithes is a command..... Matthew 23 vs 23 is also another of Christ's words concerning tithes
Re: Obey God's Commandments - No Tithes No Heaven by brocab: 3:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Mathew; 23-23 The tithing was a law, which says in Hebrew 7 -11 it clearly says; Need for a new priesthood. Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood{for under the people received the law}, what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron. For the priesthood being changed, of NECESITY there also a change of the law. for he whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar. For it is evident that our lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning the priesthood. And it is yet far MORE evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises an other PRIEST. Who has come, NOT according to the LAW of Fleshly Commandments, but according to the power of the endless life. For he testifiies; You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek." For on the one hand there is an annaulling of the former Commandment because of its WEAKNESS and unprofitableness. For the LAW made nothing perfect; on the other hand, There is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. READ THE REST TO CHAPTER 9, THE LORD MADE THE NEW COVENANT. This is so clear. But yet all I here is the blind leading the blind..
Rich4god: Cant stop laffing.... Did you see how you shot yourself in the leg... I thought you said you were a prophet, is this the kind of interpretation your prophet spirit gives to you. Its people like you that Christ is speaking against in that particular verse that you gave above. You have so much focused on tithe that you have failed to heed the simplest of the commandment of God. How does that verse encourage tithing. I just SMH for some christians these days... Frosbel, you need to see this...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Okotie-t.b.joshua Is The Son Of Devil & His Followers Will Go To Hell / The Secret About Tithing You Should Know / The Growth And Expansion Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.