Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,661 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged (4915 Views)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged / APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: Permit me to remind You that Fayemi and Aregbesola secured their respective victories in 2010, Months after Jonathan assumed Presidency? Jonathan Assumed Presidency Feb, 2010.

Under Jonathan, Opposition parties won elections against PDP Incumbents (Nassarawa, Imo, Oyo, Zamfara and Yobe). Pro_Jonathan incumbent PPN of Ogun State also lost to opposition.

Inasmuch as I want a change in administration, let us also give credit to Jonathan's government in areas they achieved.

Can you also remind me what happened to the then President court of Appeal, Justice Salami who against all odds made sure the landmark judgments were delivered?

Also in your warped logic, we should give credit to jonathan for "allowing" the opposition party win some states? Meaning we should be readying a thanksgiving to Aso Rock for the imminent victory of Aregbesola?

Barcanista, I am done with this argument!

Thank you!
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Can you also remind me what happened to the then President court of Appeal, Justice Salami who against all odds made sure the landmark judgments were delivered?

Also in your warped logic, [s]we should give credit to jonathan for "allowing" the opposition party win some states?[/s] Meaning we should be readying a thanksgiving to Aso Rock for the imminent victory of Aregbesola?

Thank you!

I mean we should give credit to Jonathan that he didn't interfere with INEC's process in 2011 unlike his predecessors...Yar Adua(Ekiti) and Obasanjo. I don't think the emboldened is necessary
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by JEITO: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Talk is cheap...
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by obayaya(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: Permit me to disagree with you here. It is not civil to call the courts of the land "Yeye". Let me remind you that the same "YEYE" Court has made several landmark Judgement against the PDP incumbent.
1. 2006. The same "Yeye" Court sacked PDP's Ngige and installed APGA Peter Obi as the rightful winner of Anambra Guber.
2. 2006/2007: PDP dominated house in Anambra with backing of the PDP's hierarchy impeached APGA's Gov Obi. Gov Obi went to COURT. In 2007 PDP's Andy Uba was declared Winner and Sworn in as Gov of Anambra State. The Court Sacked Uba and Installed Peter Obi citing the illegality in his Impeachment. As at then, Peter Obi had a frosty relationship with PDP and PDP/Obasanjo were desperate to install loyal Dr. Andy Uba
3. 2007: PDP had impeached Ladoja as Governor of Oyo State in 2006. The Court upturned the decision and installed Rasheed Ladoja as Governor till the end of his term in May 2007.
4. 2007: The Same Yeye court sacked PDP's favored Gov Celestine Omehia of Rivers State to install Hon. Rotimi Amaechi
4. The same Court sacked PDP's incumbent ovs. Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Osun), Segun Oni (Ekiti) and Segun Agagu (Ondo) and installed AC's Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and LP's Segun Mimiko (Ondo).

In addidtion, the Court has sacked senators, reps etc and installed the "rightful" candidates.

If there's any party in Nigeria that has benefited from the Judiciary, It is the opposition specifically AC/ACN/APC. It won't be proper to put aspersions on state institutions no matter what.

Barcanista!!!! cool

This is the kinda image the opposition should project to the people to win their confidence!!!

Nice one bro

OP!!! APC should stop playing "Brazilian soccer". We've seen the masses protect their votes in the past. it happened in Ekiti. it happened in Imo. We've seen the courts return stolen mandates over and over again.

It's so unfortunate that APC stalwarts keep making these kinda statements that portrays them as desperate. This isn't the kinda opposition Nigerians yearn for.

4 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
obayaya:

Barcanista!!!! cool

This is the kinda image the opposition should project to the people to win their confidence!!!

Nice one bro

OP!!! APC should stop playing "Brazilian soccer". We've seen the masses protect their votes in the past. it happened in Ekiti. it happened in Imo. We've seen the courts return stolen mandates over and over again.

It's so unfortunate that APC stalwarts keep making these kinda statements that portrays them as desperate. This isn't the kinda opposition Nigerians yearn for.
I even forget to add Oshiomole sef grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by obayaya(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Also in your warped logic, we should give credit to jonathan for "allowing" the opposition party win some states? Meaning we should be readying a thanksgiving to Aso Rock for the imminent victory of Aregbesola?

Thank you!

Barcanista hit a nerve? Sorry!!! grin

But he's saying the truth. If you will support APC's parallel government because election was rigged, I believe you won't have a problem supporting soldiers burning BRT buses because a BRT bus killed a soldier.

What's wrong is wrong and can never be right no matter how you try to twist it

4 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
obayaya:

Barcanista hit a nerve? Sorry!!! grin

But he's saying the truth. If you will support APC's parallel government because election was rigged, I believe you won't have a problem supporting soldiers burning BRT buses because a BRT bus killed a soldier.

What's wrong is wrong and can never be right no matter how you try to twist it
Brilliant!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by obayaya(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: I even forget to add Oshiomole sef grin grin grin

Lol!!!

Your party elders on Nairaland aren't happy with you right about now bro grin

No matter how bad we try to paint GEJ's administration, the truth is that our democracy is improving. And it'll be unfortunate if we do anything that will take us back to the dark days.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Opiosko: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Thank you!

grin grin Oga i told you oo! decamp now before it is too late, if they don't infest you with Ebola anger, they will frustrate you out. El rufia that's grandstanding today was on the run during his brother Saint Yar'Adua's regime. Ribadu was on exile after being humiliated severally. Ibori was living larger than life. These are facts that are stranger than fiction today in the eyes of desperadoes. grin grin grin
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: I mean we should give credit to Jonathan that he didn't interfere with INEC's process in 2011 unlike his predecessors...Yar Adua(Ekiti) and Obasanjo. I don't think the emboldened is necessary

So you mean opposition didn't win some states under Obasanjo or Yardua? Or elections were not upturned during Yardua's time? When did that of Oshiomole, Amaechi happen?

Why did you conveniently leave out the first paragraph of my response about Justice Salami? And what is happening in Adamawa, Edo, Rivers etc shows that jonathan actually respects the will of the people or the elected officers?
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Opiosko:
grin grin Oga i told you oo! decamp now before it is too late, if they don't infest you with Ebola anger, they will frustrate you out. El rufia that's grandstanding today was on the run during his brother Saint Yar'Adua's regime. Ribadu was on exile after being humiliated severally. Ibori was living larger than life. These are facts that are stranger than fiction today in the eyes of desperadoes. grin grin grin

Na so my brother! Even Bode George, Alamiesigha, Buruji, Almustapha, Mohammed Abacha and other convicted criminal during the Yardua are now being treated to Red Carpets by Ebola jonathan! No?
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nctrice(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: "We will make Nigeria ungovernable IF PDP doesn't return power to the NORTH"- Lawal Kaita, PDP Member
that he is a founding father of the PDP does not make him any less a tribal bigot and an APC loyalist!
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nctrice(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: No, I don't support Party leaders on this. We can't resort to act that is capable of anarchy in search of Justice. I support resisting every attempt to subvert people's will by using any means LEGALLY
when the time comes, do your country the favour to dis associate your self from the APC, because surly that time is coming and they will act like they have said, then you would know that those men are evil and they mean your country no good like ever imagined
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Opiosko: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Na so my brother! Even Bode George, Alamiesigha, Buruji, Almustapha, Mohammed Abacha and other convicted criminal during the Yardua are now being treated to Red Carpets by Ebola jonathan! No?
grin grin George, Amuustapha were acquitted on appeal so they were never convicted. Donoo of Buruji and never heard Mohammed Abacha was ever convicted. Dissing out falsehood, lies and hate will never take APC anywhere, the earlier you gays understand that the better your lot and the lighter you cross. cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Validated: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Descartes: "The National Chairman of the All Progressives Party (APC), Chief John Odigie Oyegun, yesterday in Osogbo Osun State, promised that the party will set up a parallel government if the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) attempts to steal peoples’ mandate during the 2015 presidential election. "—Source shocked shocked shocked

APC cannot dare it. They should not forget where MKO ended. I used to admire Oyegun, I actually campaigned for him to be governor of Edo back then in school against Lucky Igbinedion as SDP candidate. Since joining APC, Oyegun has become something else.

My question is, must you issue such statement and threaten the very foundation of the country? Now the North would capitalise on this to cause more mayhem as it is already apparent that APC cannot win the presidency.

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Descartes: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Validated:

APC cannot dare it. They should not forget where MKO ended. I used to admire Oyegun, I actually campaigned for him to be governor of Edo back then in school against Lucky Igbinedion as SDP candidate. Since joining APC, Oyegun has become something else.

My question is, must you issue such statement and threaten the very foundation of the country? Now the North would capitalise on this to cause more mayhem as it is already apparent that APC cannot win the presidency.
That's has been my fear concerning all these utterances coming from the party bigwigs angry
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

So you mean opposition didn't win some states under Obasanjo or Yardua? Or elections were not upturned during Yardua's time? When did that of Oshiomole, Amaechi happen?

Why did you conveniently leave out the first paragraph of my response about Justice Salami? And what is happening in Adamawa, Edo, Rivers etc shows that jonathan actually respects the will of the people or the elected officers?
Obasanjo rigged his way in some SW states in 2003 notably Oyo state using Pa Adedibu Lamidu(the acclaimed Godfather of Ibadan Politics). Under Obj, though PDP lost Kano and Bauchi states, but these ppl here are "not smiling" so its dangerous to rig kano and bauchi were buhari enjoyed cult following. But PDP was declared winner in Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, and Edo States. Ogun State was seriously under contention b4 AC candidate Otunba Dipo Dina was murdered. It was under yar adua dat court sacked Andy Uba, Osunbor (Edo) and nullified Ekiti election. Yar Adua supervised the Sham election in the same Ekiti that returned Oni only for the court 2 nullify under Jonathan's regime and bring in Fayemi. Salami's case was unfortunate but did he come victorious? Yes.

I must admit to you that Salami, ACN, FG and NJC erred. Why?
FG acted well by approving the recommendation of NJC to suspend Salami Ayo. But FG erred for refusing to install him though it may be due to perceived partisanship.

Salami erred by refusing his "promotion", thereby passing d message of his alleged partisanship.

ACN(then) erred because of their public opposition to Salami's removal. Morally, they weren't justified based on the allegation of "padi-padi" judgement by Salami (their ally).

The NJC erred for sending suspension recommendation without preliminary investigation.

Please let's appreciate Jonathan for the way he distance himself for Inec. I condemn his use of Military in full.

As for harrassment of Opposition leaders, I so condemn that. The military and the police should be non-partisan and professional. However, I was disappointed that it was Rauf Aregbesola that requested for DSS Agents for security, yet the party leaders complained. Ordinarily, I expect INEC to take care of that and it should be Police Force and Civil Defense. DSS have no business with election matters. The military could patrol but not involve. Civility is the best

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nctrice: that he is a founding father of the PDP does not make him any less a tribal bigot and an APC loyalist!
As at then he was in PDP cheesy
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: Obasanjo rigged his way in some SW states in 2003 notably Oyo state using Pa Adedibu Lamidu(the acclaimed Godfather of Ibadan Politics). Under Obj, though PDP lost Kano and Bauchi states, but these ppl here are "not smiling" so its dangerous to rig kano and bauchi were buhari enjoyed cult following. But PDP was declared winner in Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, and Edo States. Ogun State was seriously under contention b4 AC candidate Otunba Dipo Dina was murdered. It was under yar adua dat court sacked Andy Uba, Osunbor (Edo) and nullified Ekiti election. Yar Adua supervised the Sham election in the same Ekiti that returned Oni only for the court 2 nullify under Jonathan's regime and bring in Fayemi. Salami's case was unfortunate but did he come victorious? Yes.

I must admit to you that Salami, ACN, FG and NJC erred. Why?
FG acted well by approving the recommendation of NJC to suspend Salami Ayo. But FG erred for refusing to install him though it may be due to perceived partisanship.

Salami erred by refusing his "promotion", thereby passing d message of his alleged partisanship.

ACN(then) erred because of their public opposition to Salami's removal. Morally, they weren't justified based on the allegation of "padi-padi" judgement by Salami (their ally).

The NJC erred for sending suspension recommendation without preliminary investigation.

Please let's appreciate Jonathan for the way he distance himself for Inec. I condemn his use of Military in full.

As for harrassment of Opposition leaders, I so condemn that. The military and the police should be non-partisan and professional. However, I was disappointed that it was Rauf Aregbesola that requested for DSS Agents for security, yet the party leaders complained. Ordinarily, I expect INEC to take care of that and it should be Police Force and Civil Defense. DSS have no business with election matters. The military could patrol but not involve. Civility is the best

I Love the way you mentioned FG in the case of Salami, while leaving out jonathan whose table the bucks stop but very convenient for you to link jonathan with your supposedly "good work" of INEC!

Please Barcanista, call a spade a spade! Jonathan purposely refused to reinstall Salami because he felt, Salami will further deplete PDP's fortune by leaving him to administer the remaining judgments!

So leave ACN, PDP or Salami in your fantasy argument. Jonathan should bear the blame for choosing reports/judgments that suits him to implement.

I think, I have done enough now, to show you how, jonathan has been meddling with the affairs of the judicial arm of the government.

Good day!
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I Love the way you are mentioned FG in the case of Salami, while leaving out jonathan whose table the bucks stops but very convenient for you link jonathan with your supposedly "good work" of INEC!

Please Barcanista, call a spade a spade! Jonathan purposely refused to reinstall Salami because he felt, Salami will further deplete PDP's fortune by leaving him to administer the remaining judgments!

So leave ACN, PDP or Salami in your fantasy argument. Jonathan should bear the blame for choosing reports/judgments that suits him to implement.

I think, I have done enough now, to show you how, jonathan has been meddling with the affairs judicial arm of the government.

Good day!

When I mentioned FG, I mean Jonathan led Govt. I didn't exonerate Jonathan. Jonathan was right for implementing tehe suspension recommendation by NJC- it was a statutory responsibility. If I were to be in Jonathan's shoe, I wiLl take such action, I think every government should. But after Salami was cleared, I expected him to resign for honor sake. I'd av done that. however, it was wrong for Jonathan not to have installed him. Anyway, Ayo came vindicated at d end

Let me ask:
Install him as PCA or a Supreme Court Justice (that he was promoted to). ?
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Papertrail11(m): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
nigerians are suffering under fis pdp govt there was money during objs tyme pple builf houses a large no of nigerians were gettn money at least....
vut during dus Jonathan tyme na die pples salary geetn slashed naija girls complaining....like in my schl now as at last sem more dan half of the student popl havnt paid schl fees..because d parents sre broke...

naija economy is not doing well undr dis pdp govt make dem comot...abi nlers una lyke to suffer
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Descartes: 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Papertrail11: nigerians are suffering under fis pdp govt there was money during objs tyme pple builf houses a large no of nigerians were gettn money at least....
vut during dus Jonathan tyme na die pples salary geetn slashed naija girls complaining....like in my schl now as at last sem more dan half of the student popl havnt paid schl fees..because d parents sre broke...

naija economy is not doing well undr dis pdp govt make dem comot...abi nlers una lyke to suffer
Try to reduce the rate at which you abbreviate words. angry
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Kingspin(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
That will be the right to view the bad and wicked side of GEJ. Felony prisoner coming soon just the same manner boko haram came in. God and devil is watching.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Very irresponsible coming from an elder statesman who should think before he talks. I bet he doesn't know the implications of this careless statement credited to him. No where have I seen the opposition form parallel government upon losing not even in pseudo democracies like Myanmar, Turkmenistan, Zimbabwe etc. What responsible and mature opposition do on losing is utilizing all available legal and lawful means to claim its mandate if it feels rigged out.
APC keeps redefining the word opposition on daily basis, what they have stated is a recipe for mayhem, chaos, anarchy and violence and Nigerians won't forgive them for setting the country on fire.
The constitution has provided means and ways by which one can claim what it feels is his, anything short of that wont be accepted, APC be warned.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Descartes: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
APContherun: Very irresponsible coming from an elder statesman who should think before he talks. I bet he doesn't know the implications of this careless statement credited to him. No where have I seen the opposition form parallel government upon losing not even in pseudo democracies like Myanmar, Turkmenistan, Zimbabwe etc. What responsible and mature opposition do on losing is utilizing all available legal and lawful means to claim its mandate if it feels rigged out.
APC keeps redefining the word opposition on daily basis, what they have stated is a recipe for mayhem, chaos, anarchy and violence and Nigerians won't forgive them for setting the country on fire.
The constitution has provided means and ways by which one can claim what it feels is his, anything short of that wont be accepted, APC be warned.
This is one of the reasons Metuh branded them as supporters of APC angry
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by CyberWolf: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

You and I know, the Ekiti Election was not rigged, hence the silence from the people. Check out the desperation of the unpopular Omisore in Osun state, where he feels, Fayose won because of Federal might, and therefore the same should be extended to him, regardless of what the people want!
so why your paymasters wanna go to court?...your mumuism no be here cheesy
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Descartes: This is one of the reasons Metuh branded them as supporters of APC angry
I was trying to remember where I first heard that name then I remembered the murderous blood suckers of Sudan. Olisa Metuh is a genius for only them can come up with such names that fit. So apt.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
APC will soon get what they are looking for. TROUBLE, no one should complain when a crackdown on these terrorist party happens. APC will only rule their mama and papa, what are these guys threatening the peace of Nigerians at any given chance what is the difference between apc and boko haram, me don tire for this yeye party o

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by ola6: 12:55am On Aug 07, 2014
gboss4sure: APC will soon get what they are looking for. TROUBLE, no one should complain when a crackdown on these terrorist party happens. APC will only rule their mama and papa, what are these guys threatening the peace of Nigerians at any given chance what is the difference between apc and boko haram, me don tire for this yeye party o

No bi APC. Na their ojuyobo Tinubu dey push them o! Lol

Seriously GEJ should hold these guys for treason.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by lyntiffany(f): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Which Yeye court? PDP's court? The same court Ebola jonathan has infected with corruption virus? Are you living in planet Mars Mr. Man? Forget about that option, the road had been taken thrice and it led to nowhere, hence why Nigerians keep on suffering! Trust me 2015 would be more than an election year! It WILL be a A Year of LIBERATION!
The man you referred to is Old enough to be your father can you please accord some respect. Your are a woman mind you.
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by ibrahym47(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2014
barcanista: Making such statements is just as bad as anything else in a civil setting. Nigeria is so "multi-tribal", the people won't go to the street on behalf of politicianns because they see all as one and d same. Our best bet is @ the poll, the APC should preach guarding of votes and insist on credible election observers rather than such statement. I am confident that APC will win if it fields the right person. PDP has no business in Aso Rock
camellion I spotted you
Re: APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 07, 2014
ibrahym47: camellion I spotted you
may the trio of ebola, hiv and boko haram visit yu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Negative Effects Of Dangote Cement Price's Reduction / 3 Most Brave Nigerias' Precolonial Heroes / If Poverty Continues In The North, Islam May Disappear From The North - Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.