Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (71565 Views)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) / Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by nora544: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
BJO:

I don't think it has to do with big or small cities..why have we not heard that it wiped a whole community..if it has been around for about 40yrs and it is this deadly.

Then, how was it curtailed when it first broke out?

Anyway, one need to be more vigilant and take necessary precautions.

sorry it had to do with big or small cities, look at google mape and you will see that before it was only in villages with few people so they could handle it much better that the people didnot move from this place to an other place.

I know from what I write.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Still early days for now...but the strain may have evolved from the same ancestral virus as the Zaire strain implicated in the 1976 outbreak.

As this research paper in the New England Journal Of Medicine puts it...

So,in other words....a brother strain to the Zaire strain....from the same father so to speak.

And yes....viruses get mutated as they pass from person to person....and in the process get deadlier(Isn't evolution fun?)

Thanks a lot, brother. I never took the whole ebola thing that seriously until now, because it has never been on an epidemic scale. I just looked at it as one of those seasonal diseases that come and go, like bird flu etc..

However, since the disease is an African disease - how come all the information about the disease is from western sources? I doubt there's even an ebola research centre on the continent, despite the disease primarily affecting those on the continent. Are we waiting for WHO to fund that as well?

We Africans are the most useless people on this planet. All we ever do is beg for hand-outs - perpetual beggars. We keep churning out millions of graduates every year, yet we can't fix our own problems. When we're not fighting useless civil wars and being overly religious waiting for manna to drop from heaven - we're everywhere begging for hand-out. Yet you meet louts everyday with all kinds of salutations bragging about being alumni of different universities. Honestly, I'm ashamed of that continent.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by ReubenAbati: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
zeongeon: Mr there is no God..Please when you die where do you go to

Nigerians are so brain-dead and rretarded...even in this 21st century!

Nigga, before you were born, where were you?

Singing with Jesus in Heaven, I suppose? Do you have any recollections of such?

Abeg go sell pure water for express.

educated illiterates everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
nora544:
Also doctors without border have a good homepage.

Doctors without border work since the beginning of Ebola in Africa and all of the doctors come from europa, and they make it for free.

This two person from America come from a christian organisation for them is more important to spread the gospel and they didnot have the same high quality of information as the doctors without border which get trained to work with ebola, I know this because a very close familymember is at the moment on this special training, that she can move to africa to work for them for 3 weeks, after 3 weeks they have to go back, and new ones will come.

I know this from a friend who is at the moment in Siera Leone from the red cross to teach the people how the have to take death people and what they have to look that no other perwson get it and that they keep also safe. He works before in hatii for the red cross.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
GetUmad: Information coming in now from RAINBOW Fm Lagos has it that the Doctor who was infected of the deadly disease, Ebola, after treating the Liberian man is now dead.

Source
Rainbow fm

CONFIRMED!!!

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/06/ebola-nigerian-female-doctor-dies-lagos/

Channels says is the Nurse who is dead not the doctor

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/08/06/nurse-treating-liberian-american-ebola-victim-dies/
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
akinvest: Finally EBOLA u are now come 2 stayed in Nigeria. Jesus Christ pls, come quickly!
if Jesus doesn't come quickly, don't you think contracting Ebola is the fastest way to meet him?

If i love christ? Yes. but do i love bigoted christians? I'm roundly in doubt i do.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by zeongeon: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
ReubenAbati:

if u where really educated u wouldn't have to insult me to pass ur point...and I think u should ponder on ur question Before u came to b where were U and when u die where do u go to?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
zeongeon: I see u took your science and evolution class seriously while in school..Ur science can't explain everything and on thing ur Science has been able to explain is GOD..I bet u think its d oxygen around u that's keep u alive and typing rubbish.

If there is anyone typing rubbish here, it's you.

It's never claimed in science that everything is explained. No scientist claims to be omni-scient like that gabbage BEING you can God.

If you haven't noticed, the word "SCIENCE" is derived from the latin word "Scientia" and the Greek word "Gnosis" which mean "KNOWLEDGE." Knowledge is a developing process and with every progression in science, religion dies out.

Science is not an arrogant know-it-all ideology that "claims" to have all the answers as your God, who is a complete failure, stupidly does.

Nevertheless, age of the earth, progression of matter and organism, planets, galaxies, e.t.c have been discovered by Science WITH INESCAPABLE PROOFS that religion was oblivious too. Apparently, God didn't remember he created those things when "inspiring" the writers of these Story Books. No one believes in "Water above the sky" "Ends of the earth" "foundation of the earth" "7000 year old earth" nonsense anymore. When incurable disease strikes, Scientists try to find a cure while religionists take the first flight out of sight.

My dear, God does not exist.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Missonas(f): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

SMH, atheism doesn't promise some mumbo-jumbo salvation story. No one is "saved" except from the Law, Crime, Bad Health and Fate.

I am not interested in saving anybody's arse. I just wanna slap some senses into the sucked-dry brains of we Nigerians.

It's not like I hate God or whatever: I can't hate what I believe exists. Imagine me hating Zeus.....

Humans caused all this shït, Humans will either have to fix it or live with it.

True that.we caused it.like I said earlier whatever works for yhu
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Missonas(f): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
cry Let's talk about Ebola!!!!!!!and how it can be curbed
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
AKUNWATA1: ABEG WETIN U20 FEMALE TEAM PLAY FREDO

I no watch am o
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by nora544: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Thanks a lot, brother. I never took the whole ebola thing that seriously until now, because it has never been on an epidemic scale. I just looked at it as one of those seasonal diseases that come and go, like bird flu etc..

However, since the disease is an African disease - how come all the information about the disease is from western sources? I doubt there's even an ebola research centre on the continent, despite the disease primarily affecting those on the continent. Are we waiting for WHO to fund that as well?

We Africans are the most useless people on this planet. All we ever do is beg for hand-outs - perpetual beggars. We keep churning out millions of graduates every year, yet we can't fix our own problems. When we're not fighting useless civil wars and being overly religious waiting for manna to drop from heaven - we're everywhere begging for hand-out. Yet you meet louts everyday with all kinds of salutations bragging about being alumni of different universities. Honestly, I'm ashamed of that continent.

ebola has a sister virus and it is called marburg virus, the first outbrake was in 1967, when people died in Frankfurt and Marburg in Germany and Belgrad in Serbia, since this time Germany in working on it first only in marburg and later in hamburg, both Universities have institutes with laboratory class 4.
Only when you have such a laboratory an University can work on it that means for Africa there are two such laboratory one is in Dakar it belong to the WHO and the other one is in south africa.

http://www.bnitm.de/aktuelles/mitteilungen/555-fragen-antworten-ausbreitung-von-ebola-in-westafrika/ i know it is in german but with google you can translate it and they tell also a little bit about the history of ebola and both scientist work in west africa on ebola so they know from what they write.

They also speak about that they have give many informations to doctors in nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
zeongeon: if u where really educated u wouldn't have to insult me to pass ur point...and I think u should ponder on ur question Before u came to b where were U and when u die where do u go to?

We are going to where we came from: NOTHINGNESS, NON-EXISTENCE!

If you die, you join ecosystem.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by DICKtator: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
osjoshua: Jonathan good luck is a fool and an incompetent leader, very slow. why was the liberia-Nigeria border not closed upon hearing the epidemic out break in Liberia? the same reason bk boys escalated into what it is today, GEJ why are you slow in everything, including health related matters? bk menace is a pain in the ass of every patriotic Nigerian citizen. and here comes another problem capable of wiping off every living being in Nigeria off the surface of the earth.
Of a truth, when the head is sick the ........ .....

NIGERIA/LIBERIA BORDER?

Hmmmmmmm.............................

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by AdeniyiA(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Is HIV/AIDS still existing?
it should come &see its Oga @d top oo
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
slap1: I know. Mercy killing is not arbitrarily done; the victim's family must consent. Finally, I suggest this in the absence of an alternative.

Mercy killing whether consented or not is illegal in Nigeria, and being infected with Ebola doesn't call for euthanasia, a dead body can as well spread the virus, it is isolation that is required.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by DICKtator: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
This reminds me of the movies: World war Z and Contagion

#RIPEbola

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Malakh: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
quit responding to fools who think there's no Creator,you are only giving them fuel to the "Fire" that drives them, there is good and there's evil, He created both, the evil ones manifest them by what they say, nobody disputes that, there is also paganism which is used in indoctrinating and controlling the people, eg Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc but those that have blasphemed on this forum will remember what they've said when the Mighty and Terrible one afflicts them or when they are at the point of death or in the afterlife, I just laugh when they blaspheme because I know what awaits them, we would see who would be laughing and in eternal affliction when the day and night comes to an end..... the power of life and death is in tongue, one thing you people should understand about blasphemers is this, their demon is mad and angry that they've been appointed to eternal wrath hence the rage that comes out of "them" well this is just a taste of the iceberg, yall just wait till the Great Tribulation,then you would see how much havoc will be wreaked by the Terrible one, this is just a taste of what to come, as for all you blasphemers,I say ride on, your time is short, you would seek death but it wouldn't come to you when the Almighty and Yes the Terrible One afflicts you.
Blasphemers dont expect a reply from me because you Shall have an horrible end
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Adventurist(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ebola! God plssssss
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
nora544:
ebola has a sister virus and it is called marburg virus, the first outbrake was in 1967, when people died in Frankfurt and Marburg in Germany and Belgrad in Serbia, since this time Germany in working on it first only in marburg and later in hamburg, both Universities have institutes with laboratory class 4.
Only when you have such a laboratory an University can work on it that means for Africa there are two such laboratory one is in Dakar it belong to the WHO and the other one is in south africa.

http://www.bnitm.de/aktuelles/mitteilungen/555-fragen-antworten-ausbreitung-von-ebola-in-westafrika/ i know it is in german but with google you can translate it and they tell also a little bit about the history of ebola and both scientist work in west africa on ebola so they know from what they write.

They also speak about that they have give many informations to doctors in nigeria!

Thanks a lot. Are you German? Germans are bad ar.ses - great country, great people, and a great leader in Angela Merkel. grin

Anyway, is there any cure for the Marburg Virus? And since it has a sister virus...and from the research paper you posted earlier, and a few links I saw on the web, it's also somewhat similar to the SIV -> HIV thing. I think finding a cure to Ebola shouldn't be that difficult then.

Also, do you have any idea about what the Nigerian doctors did with the information passed to them by the Germans?
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by tpia1: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Thanks a lot, brother. I never took the whole ebola thing that seriously until now, because it has never been on an epidemic scale.

Its been on epidemic scale in central africa long before now.

However, since the disease is an African disease - how come all the information about the disease is from western sources? I doubt there's even an ebola research centre on the continent, despite the disease primarily affecting those on the continent

1. Who knows.

2. There probably isn't.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by zeongeon: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

We are going to where we came from: NOTHINGNESS, NON-EXISTENCE!

If you die, you join ecosystem.
Nah when you die, u join the ecosystem.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by smudge2079(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
190theclown:

[size=38pt]ROTFL
[/size]
U never still arrange your load keep for doormot grin grin grin
I still dey reason am.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by tpia1: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex: Darn!! Mr. Ebola the e-baller is getting scary!!

Anyway, can the medical students, or courses related to medical sciences on nairaland help us out here. If Ebola started in 1976, and since then it has only killed 1,500 folks. However, with the recent outbreak in West Africa, the same virus has killed about 1,000 people within 5-6 months - why's the West African ebola virus more vicious than the East African variant? Or has the ebola virus mutated since the first outbreak, and it's now deadlier and contagious?

Please, I need research papers...because there's nothing in the media explaining why this new variant is so different. This whole thing is getting scarier by day and we need to understand what we're dealing with before it spreads to other parts of planet.

Was wondering why the disease seems to be affecting west africans more.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
ReubenAbati:

Tell them for me please. I tire for these mugus!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2014

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
zeongeon: Nah when you die, u join the ecosystem.

smh!! This guy is a stark illiterate!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
tpia1:

Was wondering why the disease seems to be affecting west africans more.

Perhaps it's because West Africa is the most vulnerable part of the continent.

Isn't West Africa also the part of Africa with the overwhelming majority of trans-atlantic slaves? grin

Maybe mofos are about to enslave West Africans again...Sierra Leone and Liberia --->>Telling, I must say. grin

That's my conspiracy theory. JkJkJkJk...just joking...messing about. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by nora544: 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Thanks a lot. Are you German? Germans are bad ar.ses - great country, great people, and a great leader in Angela Merkel. grin

Anyway, is there any cure for the Marburg Virus? And since it has a sister virus...and from the research paper you posted earlier, and a few links I saw on the web, it's also somewhat similar to the SIV -> HIV thing. I think finding a cure to Ebola shouldn't be that difficult then.

Also, do you have any idea about what the Nigerian doctors did with the information passed to them by the Germans?

No i am from Austria, but my daughter works with doctors without border since she start with the University and she is a scientist for gentechnology, and she knows how it is to work in such a laboratory.

That is why I got all this informations and we hear very much here in the TV.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by akinvest(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
softy: [b][/b]

GOD FORBIDS EBOLA TO FINALLY STAY IN NIGERIA, and I say it again, strongly and violently: GOD FORBIDS

BROS, be careful of WHAT u WISH
for!
,...........hiaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!
. The Lord God "ll protect His own. Dont worry yourself. Ok.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by zeongeon: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

If there is anyone typing rubbish here, it's you.

It's never claimed in science that everything is explained. No scientist claims to be omni-scient like that gabbage BEING you can God.

If you haven't noticed, the word "SCIENCE" is derived from the latin word "Scientia" and the Greek word "Gnosis" which mean "KNOWLEDGE." Knowledge is a developing process and with every progression in science, religion dies out.

Science is not an arrogant know-it-all ideology that "claims" to have all the answers as your God, who is a complete failure, stupidly does.

Nevertheless, age of the earth, progression of matter and organism, planets, galaxies, e.t.c have been discovered by Science WITH INESCAPABLE PROOFS that religion was oblivious too. Apparently, God didn't remember he created those things when "inspiring" the writers of these Story Books. No one believes in "Water above the sky" "Ends of the earth" "foundation of the earth" "7000 year old earth" nonsense anymore. When incurable disease strikes, Scientists try to find a cure while religionists take the first flight out of sight.

My dear, God does not exist.
Mr Scientist...keep typing ur rubbish..even d science ur talk for from a documentary I saw on either history or discovery ur scientist have come to admit the great feats of the BIBLE..And for dying and joining the ecosystem..a short story: I had a frd who passed on for hours..when he regained consciousness he said he didn't join d ecosystem rather he saw himself out of his body facing a bright light and all off a sudden started to descend into some pit..don't hve time to type d remaining part of d story..so if u think u will b joining the ecosystem then ur d biggest joker..From a frd of mine who was died..there is a live after this PLACE.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
nora544:
No i am from Austria, but my daughter works with doctors without border since she start with the University and she is a scientist for gentechnology, and she knows how it is to work in such a laboratory.

That is why I got all this informations and we hear very much here in the TV.

Interesting. Austrians are more or less Germans anyway. It's kind of similar to French Belgium and France. And wasn't Hitler an Austrian?

Your daughter needs to be lauded for the sacrifices she's making for humanity. What she's doing is highly impressive since they don't get paid that much. However, they're at the forefront of helping the most disadvantaged and vulnerable people - regardless of their race, colour, or creed - and wherever they're on the planet. Those are the unsung heroes keeping humanity alive.

Thanks again for the information.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Early Is Antenatal? / Yellow Sperm Vs White Sperm / 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.