Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (71500 Views)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) / Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Omero(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
etebefia: while trying to save a life, she put in his own life, God grant him eternal rest
U go fear grammar, but why?

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by nerodenero: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
She was fed with good food to boost her immune system while she waits to die.
wordcat: But the American doctor is stil alive. How come this Nigerian doctor died so quickly?
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by tivta(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
In the north they are afraid of boko haram, in the south we are afraid of ebola. Its like we are doomed in this country. Its time all those religious fanatics show their worth and make their prayers work by any means necessary. Where are all the men of God? Imans? Babalows? Nigeria is filled with the highest number of religious fanatics yet we suffer from avoidable diseases and conflicts. WHERE IS YOUR GOD?v?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Curse that liberian!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by dasparrow: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
wordcat: But the American doctor is stil alive. How come this Nigerian doctor died so quickly?

The american doctor was given a serum back in the USA while the Nigerian doctor in Nigeria was given no treatment at all since there is no cure for the disease here in Nigeria or in other parts of Africa for that matter. Remember, the white man manufactured this virus in their labs or so it seems so they also have the antidote to cure or halt the disease but trust that they won't share so that Africa's black population will decrease dramatically. My opinion.

NB: Azz kissing, inferiority complex stricken, american/european wannabe Nairalanders should not bother quoting me because I am allergic to your self-hating azzes and you are on my ignore list and will get no response from me. Believe that!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014

because Nigerians and Africans have corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by slap1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
olapluto:
It is people like you that make the disease spread so fast. Why the skepticism? If you have no empirical evidence to disprove it, then just believe it.
His concerns are valid. Personally, I believe that implementing mercy killing on the victims of Ebola virus in Nigeria will go a long way in ensuring the greater safety of the populace since we are medically handicapped in that regard.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Sylvarresta(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Has anyone notice that since the outbreak of Ebola, Boko boys don relegate, I think dis pple are attention seekers or sum kind of punishment from God.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by numericalguy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Saao: But I heard this morning from the commissioner of health that people should disregard the rumors that she is been kept in isolated place in Lagos that she is responding to treatment

The "treatment" they are giving them is "good food".

So sad.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by benELOHIM7(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
ewu sad nnabe
paulworld: Some help recharge card 08117516580
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014

At least 20% of Ebola infected survived the disease....it is all in the way your immune system responds.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
ratiken: Take it or leave it, Ebola is here with us.

Yet there might be many unidentified cases out there. We are now at the mercy of the West. Imagine the economic impact if this continues unabated in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Offices will get shut
Bankers will stay off work
Kids will no longer go to school
Our markets will be empty
Flights will be bared

This plague can actually grind us to a halt so quickly. We need help and we need it quickly.

The creator created humans to help themselves if people can't help themselves then they can only seek a trade-by-barter help.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by mbulela: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
White007:

You have not be following the news, else you should have known why the American doctors didn't die and the Nigerian doctor died.
WHY NOT EDUCATE HIM OR HER,SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN following the news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
3coins: does Ebola kill that quick??...I have a feeling they are killing Ebola patients lipsrsealed

RIP to him sha sad
Why don't you visit the corpse of the late Dr & hug it?

Last Bullet

Stop disbelieving what's obvious.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kanwulia: Instant death by suffocation! grin
I dare not tell anyone I am travelling to Nigeria. . . I WILL MOST DEF LOSE MY JOB! grin
Nigeria is now a bonafide EBOLA colony!

I will not be visiting till after BOKO-HARAM, EBOLA AND JONATHAN have all HANDED OVER power-FAILURE!!!!

*kissing my AMERICAN PASSPORT and beaming with pride* grin

[size=15pt]Many people can elope too, so stop been an ediot!!! its not compulsory you claim Nigerian, your kind cannot be useful to any national development anyway (even America, whose passport you kiss), your mentality is is too poor. Ur minus one to humanity if this is your real take on this issue, trust me. Ur just another debased american statistic wink...... So Buzz off with all that BS [/size]

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by smudge2079(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dis lagos wey we dey so? E be like say na to dey go back to my grandma village win am o.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Amhappy(f): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oooo God. This is a heart breaking news.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Unfortunately,many Nigerians are semi illiterate and unpatriotic fools,the president and minister of health can go to hell, they are idiots. I live in Mali and something like this has not happen because their government are mean,they will never allow it to enter here even as they share border with one of the affected country,the problem with Nigerian leaders are their incompetence and half baked education.

Since this virus started,no one has taking it so serious,now that it is in,they want to act God.Hell No.

Even the doctors who attended the Liberian man are all fools,one does not need to tell you as long as he is from Liberia and show sign of sickness, you don't need to touch him right from the airport,our government should have taking the measures that they took now right from day one. Now they want to create a bad image for our dear land. My advice to you all honest and well meaning Nigerians is to vote out the clown called Jonathan from office. If he visit Mali, you all will hear the news because we are ready to disgrace him here. Idiotic president with idiotic ministers. Proudly Nigerian from Abia State.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Sylvarresta(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
dasparrow:

The american doctor was given a serum back in the USA while the Nigerian doctor in Nigeria was given no treatment at all since there is no cure for the disease here in Nigeria or in other parts of Africa for that matter. Remember, the white man manufactured this virus in their labs or so it seems so they also have the antidote to cure or halt the disease but trust that they won't share so that Africa's black population will decrease dramatically. My opinion.

NB: Azz kissing, inferiority complex stricken, american/european wannabe Nairalanders should not bother quoting me because I am allergic to your self-hating azzes and you are on my ignore list and will get no response from me. Believe that!
I support ur opinion bro.... Like HIV was manufactured in Los angeles

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Kanwulia: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
kwis:

[size=15pt]Many people can elope too, so stop been an ediot!!! its not compulsory you claim Nigerian, your kind cannot be useful to any national development anyway (even America, whose passport you kiss), your mentality is is too poor. Ur minus one to humanity if this is your real take on this issue, trust me. Ur just another debased american statistic wink...... So Buzz off with all that BS [/size]

At least I better pass your dead, LAGIDI, native-doctor abi?
Suffocated to death. . . because of the MAMA BOLA VIRUS!(MBV) cheesy
Still useful to the gods!

Hallelujah!

GO AND MOURN IN PIECES. . . . . kiss
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by 190theclown: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
smudge2079: Dis lagos wey we dey so? E be like say na to dey go back to my grandma village win am o.

[size=38pt]ROTFL
[/size]
U never still arrange your load keep for doormot grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
BUT CHANNELS TV IS REPORTING THAT IT IS A NURSE NOT DOCTOR THAT DIED
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by etebefia: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omero: U go fear grammar, but why?
Englisher from English England, englishing another person's English, teacher njoku
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
kwis: [size=17pt]if this disease is not curbed in 6 months, sorry o!!!!! No more hospital visits hence.

Disease resurfacing probably cos some idiot decided to eat bush meat ehn!!!! So its best to believe the Doctors husband, children, driver, patients treated might have contracted this disease.
[/size]

Ebola got into Nigeria through a man... Nigerians have been eating bush meat and nothing happened.

Bats are also carriers of ebola.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by ekoibile: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ebola is a touch of death o!

Wear long sleeves and hand gloves when going out. Even with that make sure you don't touch any body o!
Becareful at Mile 2, Oshodi and other crowded areas in Lagos o.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by maasoap(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by IGBOSON1: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
nairaman66:

The chicken has come home to roast!

^^^That's 'roost' Bros! Though your post has made me hungry for a bit of roast chicken!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
numericalguy:

The "treatment" they are giving them is "good food".

So sad.

Not necessarily.....they may have an immune system that responds to ebola in such a way as to enable surivival.

As stated in the Scientific paper quoted below...(Source here)

[size=23pt]Survivors exhibited more significant IgM responses, clearance of viral antigen, and sustained T-cell cytokine responses, as indicated by high levels of T-cell-related mRNA in the peripheral blood. In contrast, antibodies specific for the virus were nearly undetectable in fatal cases, and while gamma interferon (IFN-γ) was detected early after infection, T-cell cytokine RNA levels were more indicative of a failure to develop adaptive immunity in the days preceding death.
[/size]
During infection, there is evidence that both host and viral proteins contribute to the pathogenesis of Ebola virus. [size=23pt]Increases in the levels of inflammatory cytokines IFN-γ, IFN-α, interleukin-2 (IL-2), IL-10, and tumor necrosis factor alpha were associated with fatality from Ebola hemorrhagic fever (40). [/size]Moreover, in vitro experiments demonstrated that tumor necrosis factor released from filovirus-infected monocytes and macrophages increased the permeability of cultured human endothelial cell monolayers (12). However, other reports have observed an association between elevated levels of IFN-γ mRNA and protection from infection (2), and a protective effect of IFN-α and -γ is suggested by the fact that the virus has evolved at least one protein, VP35, that acts as an IFN-α/β antagonist (5). Whether the effects of cytokines are protective or damaging may depend not only on the cytokine profile but also may represent a delicate balance influenced by the route and titer of incoming virus as well as factors specific to the individual host immune response.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by arsetalks(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kanwulia: Instant death by suffocation! grin
I dare not tell anyone I am travelling to Nigeria. . . I WILL MOST DEF LOSE MY JOB! grin
Nigeria is now a bonafide EBOLA colony!

I will not be visiting till after BOKO-HARAM, EBOLA AND JONATHAN have all HANDED OVER power-FAILURE!!!!

*kissing my AMERICAN PASSPORT and beaming with pride* grin
You are sir an idioot. You are laughing over people dying? Shows so much about your mental wellness.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Opiosko: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
RIP to her.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^At bolded: Not only still alive, but improving by the day! African man don suffer!

That useless Liberian man; why didn't he stay the Bleep in his country.....see what he has caused now! And our useless border/immigration control and health authorities should take 60% of the blame!

Don't blame immigration/health authorities they act on orders from the FG... The FG and the president is to blame for not stopping flights from Ebola prone countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Chinom(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Why did that Liberian American choose to come to Lagos. He could have gone straight to the US first. Did someone send him to spread the virus ?!. This shyte is making me paranoid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies / Chinwe Chibuike Celebrates Her 25th Birthday With Sultry Photos / King Charles Coronation: Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu's Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.