Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (71546 Views)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) / Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Malakh: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Apart from the two doctors, I don't think any other persons are infected. They know what they are doing.
Ok o
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
One of the health workers that treated the liberian is dead... accept it! Channels says it was one of the nurses... don't live in denial - Ebola is officially in Nigeria, now we need to contain this disease immediately.

kokoboy4life: This story is a false report nothing like that, but we should just be careful about doing our thing just because Ebola is real
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

comfortable people/?...hmm

Lets discuss reality/

A lot of them have been pushed into poverty

High cost of living has forced many companies to declare redundancies or close shop duie to the cost of buying diesel and getting raw materials

The amount of dependants on the average person increase daily.. girls are forced to sell their body to make ends meet.. see?

Its tough.. the doctors are on strike now . they were on strike last year for almost a year.. do you know how many people died waiting for critical surgeries..

Ebola will come and go.. Another one will come..

Its a cycle

Yes. What I mean is that one can somehow survive these other things if affected. But ebola? OYO l'o wa.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by pickabeau1: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
pictures from Liberia of abandoned bodies

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Ashantiking: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
3coins: does Ebola kill that quick??...I have a feeling they are killing Ebola patients lipsrsealed

RIP to him sha sad

Thank you, that's what I said. I think once they find out you have it they just kill you.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Acidosis(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

@GodMode
please talk to them! Please talk to these FOOOOOOOLS!!

@MissShakira why ask for God's protection from something he shouldn't have allowed in the first place?? Is God that powerless Yet more and more innocent keep dying from this pestilence everyday and you still believe that a God actually exists out there?

FURCK GOD! GOD IS DEAD! GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!

Furck Father,

Furck Son,

Furck Holy Stuuupid Spirit!

Blame it on your biological origin Adam & Eve smiley Like Father; like Son smiley
grin

God will do NOTHING to help Ingrates like you - Human Beings. Only those who accept him will live the joyful life after-life*. As for Eboma, just look up to your scientists to provide you a potent cure.

The Earth is not my home, afterall cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by obi123: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
i just fear that if medics are taking extraordinary lengths to keep from getting the disease and they are still contracting it, what is the hope for Nigeria? is the answer for the common man to completely withdraw from the public ?

Doctors are on strike
No cure
No quarantine stations
No adequate protective gear
who knows how they are disposing the bodies of the deceased eh?
what of domestic animals like dogs ? can they be carriers?
we need to shut down the borders too not just airports

we need quarantine stations desperately like yesterday around the country , this one is really a case for prevention is better than cure , there is no cure so prevention is the only option right now.

we need crematoriums to dispose of the bodies with dignity.

Liberia itself should be sanctioned if those pics are actual Ebola victims , for not disposing of the bodies properly preferably by cremation , how can they just leave the bodies on the street like that to spread even further , isnt that when the virus is at its peak?

meanwhile interesting article
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/25-critical-facts-about-this-ebola-outbreak-that-every-american-needs-to-know

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Demainman1: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Where are the miracle working GOD of MEN? TB JOSHUA, ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OYAKS,

Avenue for the real miracle is here o o. EBOLA has arrived. Please show yourselves sirs. MOGs.

Now, Don't elope to Europe and America with your family members o.

Organise crusades, Invite Ebola victims, show us the miracles.

Visit hospitals, heal them with prayers and fasting PLEASE!

No be to dey forecast Malaysia jet and chibok girls be dis

OR
To dey curse Boko Haram boys

I personally believe that God/Satan wants to use this EBOLA of a thing to expose all these fake pastorpreneurs that parade themselves as men of gods.

99% of us have discarded our thinking caps only to leave our fates to the hand of the fraudsters pastors.

My people make una no worry, it will still take SCIENCE and not "God of men" to conquer this challenge and then you all can go back to continue contributing your hard earned money to those thieves in the name of TITHE and OFFERING.

EBOLA don't care if you pay tithe or not. Dare it at your own RISK.

MY GOD, NA YOUR LEG I DEY, PEOPLE WEY DEY YOUR HAND DON TOO MANY sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by BodyKiss(m): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chinom: Why did that Liberian American choose to come to Lagos. He could have gone straight to the US first. Did someone send him to spread the virus ?!. This shyte is making me paranoid.

You are a f000l. Keep blaming the US for the incompetency of your useless leaders.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by stevecantrell: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
3coins: does Ebola kill that quick??...I have a feeling they are killing Ebola patients lipsrsealed

RIP to him sha sad

you know, this ebola strain is a whole new strain, some experts say its has been 'weaponised'.

It bears some extra characteristics from older strains;

- it spreads well via the atmosphere (airborne)

-Its incubation period is shorter

-it destroys its host in a few days

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by naptu2: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Back in April Labaran Maku said that we had stocked enough vaccines in case there's an outbreak of ebola in Nigeria. Where are they?
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2014

RIP to him sha sad
These conspiracy theorists again. Are you guys any good at anything else? How can a country have so many negative thinking people? And we wonder why we're underdeveloped...what is your goal with this comment? I need to know how your brains are wired. I really need to know 'cos this negativity is getting out of hand. BTW, your comment has done no good for anybody.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by back2sender: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's the nurse and not the doctor , this was clarified by the minister of health. The moderators should edit the subject heading.
Everyone is important nurse, doctor n the comman man on the road but we need to pass the right information.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by adioolayi(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
At such a time as this, what do we do? Just try to take necessary precautions.......I think I will start restricting my movement and avoid large gatherings....especially crusade programmes, overcrowded buses ..atleast for now especially in Lagos
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by zeongeon: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
This ebola case in Nigeria goes to show how USELESS this country is and its leaders in every sector. I bet when they where warning against ebola since march our leaders probably would have been on there ass nonchalantly saying well it can't get to Nigeria.

If our leaders really cared about Nigerians they would have started putting resources in place to prevent ebola from the country. Looking at how ebola got into the country, in my profession we will say its a case that could have been prevented..98percent preventable..when other countries that cared about there citizens where putting up medical screening facilities,quarantine zones and keep to ebola safety precautions what where we doing in Nigeria? NOTHING.

U tell me if that man and everyone in his flight would hve got pass immigration if we really knew what we where doing in this country?..The man would have been fished out from initially screening and everyone in same flight or people who would have got in contact with him in d plane quarantined. There won't b time for him to get to lagos to urinate on innocent medical staffs.

Let's just hope it doesn't get worse becos hmmm..remember resident evil the way raccoon city was blocked off and quarantined..that may happen to lagos if things get worse other states with build up borders and pple in lagos would be quaratined no going out or coming into lagos.

Its a strange world and some pple will do anything to get what they want, making a point or achieve a feat...u can google shiro ishi unit 731 to see what am talking about.. I have a feelin dis ebola is been engineered, mr patrick a living bioweapon and africa is a means to an end..I may be wrong but who knows.

Hopefully Nigeria won't be a means to a desired evil and selfish end.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by slex(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is scary.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by successking: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is a matter of urgency and must be treated as such.

The spread of this deadly desease must be stopped now by identifying all who had contacts with Mr Sawyer before he kicked the bucket and keeping them in isolated destination for proper treatment.

Therefore, we demand, Federal and State Governments with immediate effect to unveil their action plans to addressing this epidemic.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Acidosis:

Blame it on your biological origin Adam & Eve smiley Like Father; like Son smiley
grin

God will do NOTHING to help Ingrates like you - Human Beings. Only those who accept him will live the joyful life after-life. As for Eboma, just look up to your scientists to provide you a potent cure.

I was expecting God to come down from heaven and strike me for sinning against the useless holy spirit. What do I see?

Another bigoted, idiotic fella who feels after defending a stupppid imaginary monster will inherit a New York City in outta space. Furck!! Is that how dead your stupppid god is? You must speak for his ratass before he gets a point Adam and Eve, yet another imagination and silly fairytale, even underscore the failure of Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah (whatever his stupid name is).

Why did you say "God will only protect his followers from the ebola virus"?

Of course your useless pastors even fear for their lives. Their god is a failure!! YOUR god is a failure..... Snap! He doesn't exist btw.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by ib4real95(m): 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
cry cry God hlp ur shildren! Portin to jupiter soon
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nihilist: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

I was expecting God to come down from heaven and strike me for sinning against the useless holy spirit. What do I see?

Another bigoted, idiotic fella who feels after defending a stupppid imaginary monster will inherit a New York City in outta space. Furck!! Is that how dead your stupppid god is? You must speak for his ratass before he gets a point Adam and Eve, yet another imagination and silly fairytale, even underscore the failure of Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah (whatever his stupid name is).

Of course your useless pastors even fear for their lives. Their god is a failure!! YOUR god is a failure..... Snap! He doesn't exist btw.

You need Jesus in your life

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
slap1: His concerns are valid. Personally, I believe that implementing mercy killing on the victims of Ebola virus in Nigeria will go a long way in ensuring the greater safety of the populace since we are medically handicapped in that regard.

This is evil! Its not ethical! Its not true!
Once one is quarantined, he/she poses no threat as long as care is taken.
We are not killing Ebola patients!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Acidosis(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Demainman1: Where are the miracle working GOD of MEN? TB JOSHUA, ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, OYAKS

Avenue for the real miracle is here o o. EBOLA has arrived. Please show yourselves sirs. MOGs.

Now, Don't elope to Europe and America with your family members o.

Organise crusades, Invite Ebola victims, show us the miracles.

Visit hospitals, heal them with prayers and fasting PLEASE!

No be to dey forecast Malaysia jet and chibok girls be dis

OR
To dey curse Boko Haram boys

I personally believe that God/Satan whats to use this EBOLA of a thing to expose all these fake pastorprenuems that parade themselves as men of gods.

99% of us have discarded of thinking caps only to leave our fates to the hand of the fraudsters pastors.

My people make una no worry, it will still take science and not "God of men" to conquer this challenge and then you all can go back to continue contributing your hard earned money to those thieves in the name of TITHE and OFFERING.

EBOLA don't care if you pay tithe or not. Dare it at your own RISK.

MY GOD, NA YOUR LEG I DEY, PEOPLE WEY DEY YOUR HAND DON TOO MANY

Rather than spend your eternity blaming MOG; why don't you look elsewhere? Talk about the over 100,000 Profesors in Nigeria. What have they done to curb the menance?

Where are your "higher" institutions, and the world best univeristies of Nigeria, obafemi, Ahmadu Bello and ilorin,? grin Where are the Research Laboratories in Otueke? ? grin I thought you guys own the best UNIVERSITIES in the UNIVERSE
grin

You guys are quick to run to your mouth about MOG who have no say, no share, no reward, no salary and no contract in the Health and Research Sector.

Lets be wise, please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
kultimate009: That was the final straw.... Wey my passport I am off to obodo oyinbo....

Otondo!

You think say you go pass port. Shio!!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist:

You need Jesus in your life

Shut the furck up! I don't need any Jesus. If Jesus were true, those victims are the ones that need Jesus. Where is he? Nowhere.

God does not exist, think!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by fr3do(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
We need to think and think fast.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nihilist: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Shut the furck up! I don't need any Jesus. If Jesus were true, those victims are the ones that need Jesus. Where is he? Nowhere.

God does not exist, think!

You need Jesus in your life. May he forgive you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by InHim4Him(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
osjoshua: Jonathan good luck is a fool and an incompetent leader, very slow. why was the liberia-Nigeria border not closed upon hearing the epidemic out break in Liberia? the same reason bk boys escalated into what it is today, GEJ why are you slow in everything, including health related matters? bk menace is a pain in the ass of every patriotic Nigerian citizen. and here comes another problem capable of wiping off every living being in Nigeria off the surface of the earth.
Of a truth, when the head is sick the ........ .....

You just told the world who the real fool is. Is it a sin in your culture to keep quiet when you don't have any thing to say?? Does Nigeria share border with Liberia? Idleness truly is worse than Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Mrluv(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

@GodMode
please talk to them! Please talk to these FOOOOOOOLS!!

@MissShakira why ask for God's protection from something he shouldn't have allowed in the first place?? Is God that powerless Yet more and more innocent keep dying from this pestilence everyday and you still believe that a God actually exists out there?

FURCK GOD! GOD IS DEAD! GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!

Furck Father,

Furck Son,

Furck Holy Stuuupid Spirit!
you are a fool for insulting ur creator!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by robosky02(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
osjoshua: Jonathan good luck is a fool and an incompetent leader, very slow. why was the liberia-Nigeria border not closed upon hearing the epidemic out break in Liberia? the same reason bk boys escalated into what it is today, GEJ why are you slow in everything, including health related matters? bk menace is a pain in the ass of every patriotic Nigerian citizen. and here comes another problem capable of wiping off every living being in Nigeria off the surface of the earth.
Of a truth, when the head is sick the ........ .....

1.must you insult the president of our nation at every instance
2.if he is your father will you do that
3.cant you reason that there are other people in the system charged with differnt duty.
the minister of health have been speaking of the ebola daily is that not enought for you.
4 and by the way which scool did you attent cos i dont think you have heard of or done geography to be asking that Nigeria Liberia border be close. cos you dont even know Nigerias border countreis

when the head is sick the.......... as you have said maybe you are really sick
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by obi123: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
fr3do: We need to think and think fast.

think fastest sef my brother , this thing no be joke
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
"If Wishes Were Horses: Using Technology To Curb The Spread Of Ebola?
by St Naija
It is a nightmare brought to life. Our worst fears confirmed, the deadly Ebola virus has arrived in Nigeria and already at least 8 people are feared to be infected.

Discovered in 1976, Ebola has been profiled as an 'African Disease' that is a reflection of poor healthcare service. The recent outbreak however puts that line of thought in doubt as well as questions all previous assumptions and knowledge about the ailment.

For instance, the co-discoverer of the virus has been quoted as saying that he wouldn't be worries about sitting next to an Ebola patient on a train except the person vomited on him or something. He went ahead to cite instances of children living in houses with Ebola patients without contacting the disease, in 1976.

The 2014 version of Ebola seems quite different. Despite the use of full Personal Protective Gear (Masks, gloves, goggles,scrubs), health-workers are getting infected.

Mr Sawyer, an American who flew into Nigeria with the disease and was seen in a hospital in Lagos for barely 72 hours and yet at least 4 medical personnel that attended to him are believed to be infected as well.

This raises questions.

1. Is the transmission of this virus fully understood?

2. Is this strain of Ebola different? If yes, how?

3. Can we continue to use the usual methods of patient care and nursing despite the huge risks?

4. What changes could we make? ...."
Gotten from...

http://thenaijawriter./2014/08/05/if-wishes-were-horses-using-technology-to-curb-the-spread-of-ebola

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Will this trash add 1week to your miserable life on earth? If Yes, then keep living in self-denial and agony.

The most interesting fact about life is: when death will come knocking at your door step, you will be tooooo weak to help yourself. You think you're greater than THIS God; but unfortunately, the weakest mystery in the sight of God is greater than you. sad

Such a pity sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) / She Falls Asleep After Every Sex / Meet Bangladeshi Men Born Without Fingerprints For Generations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.