Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (71516 Views)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) / Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Atigba: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
though no Ebola case yet in bayelsa,i de wash my hands every 5 minutes......i non wan die ooooooooooo undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rip
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Btruth: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
I'm using this medium to contact all the herbs seller. Please, do your research very well on the possible leaves or roots that can cure this illness. I'm sure there's some herbs out there which can do the healing. Where is Oko Oloyun & Yemkem now...all of you should come up with something ASAP. In the meantime, people are advised to be on the Moringer seed, roots and leaves. Let us all be prepared and help each other to fight this deadly diseases. #All for one!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Kanwulia: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gbade60: I truly sori 4 u! undecided

Shouldn't you be sorry for the MAMA BOLA victim? wink
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Its not even his fault this time around . The problem i have with him is his attempt to perpetuate himself in office despite his cluelessness concerning how to improve the different areas of our national life. PDP has failed enough, let another party try , even if they later fail!

Its his fault...
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I think the report is not entirely correct. What is being reported on Channelstv is the death of one of the nurses that had primary contact with the Liberian.

Finally, it turned out that, in spite of the empty rhetorics and reassurances, the Lagos and federal health authorities made no preparations whatsoever for the management of possible Ebola epidemic in Nigeria. What a shame.

The situation is already bad but I hope it doesn't get worse than this. So far, it is 100 percent fatality in Nigeria, unlike the 90 to 60 percent being reported elsewhere.

Whereas we had all the time in the world to prepare for possible Ebola outbreak in Nigeria since March this year when the current outbreak was reported in Liberia, now we have no choice but to try to play catch up. That is what you get in a country that expends so much energy and time on SHARING of national cake. Always reactive, never proactive.

I never thought I would agree with you on anything but this is spot on.
Ebola was already spreading in Liberia for weeks and we just sat there in blissful ignorance despite the high numbers of people coming to Nigeria from the west coast.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
GodMode:

Ebola got into Nigeria through a man... Nigerians have been eating bush meat and nothing happened.

Bats are also carriers of ebola.

I know, but it resurfaced cos of some backward culture some liberian possibly had, now its affecting people.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
tivta: In the north they are afraid of boko haram, in the south we are afraid of ebola. Its like we are doomed in this country. Its time all those religious fanatics show their worth and make their prayers work by any means necessary. Where are all the men of God? Imans? Babalows? Nigeria is filled with the highest number of religious fanatics yet we suffer from avoidable diseases and conflicts. WHERE IS YOUR GOD?v?

They are all on a plane leaving Nigeria... There is no God. Nigerians need to get this in their head.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Shydon(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
When the doctors too a affected, only God can save the common man in the street who is not enlightened as these professionals that are dying.
Boko Haram causing havoc in the north; ebola penetrating the south....Come to our rescue Oh Allah!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by benELOHIM7(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
they will give us the serum if nigeria legalizes homosexuality and bestiality. oh thank u Jesus for saving me at dis time #teamELIGWE grin
seunshrek: Why will they give us the serum We will have to buy it for a huge sum and besides it hasn't been fully tested on humans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Pergrace: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Aigbofa:

I never thought I would agree with you on anything but this is spot on.
Ebola was already spreading in Liberia for weeks and we just sat there in blissful ignorance despite the high numbers of people coming to Nigeria from the west coast.

Same thought here as well..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Let every one just prepare to die, boko haram will get the virus and spread it, they will use their new bomb. Lord Jesus have mercy on my soul.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
dasparrow:

The american doctor was given a serum back in the USA while the Nigerian doctor in Nigeria was given no treatment at all since there is no cure for the disease here in Nigeria or in other parts of Africa for that matter. Remember, the white man manufactured this virus in their labs or so it seems so they also have the antidote to cure or halt the disease but trust that they won't share so that Africa's black population will decrease dramatically. My opinion.

Well, the serum was tested only in Monkeys. It had not yet undergone phase 1 testing in humans( and previous research appears to show that similar serums delayed symptoms in animals injected....it did not have an impact on survival rates)...so as such....giving the American doctors is just plain risky . (The serum might not work).

Plus....if they had tried the serum on Africans....there would have been complaints of ''Évil white people using Africans as their guinea pigs''.

Additionally....we could have produced similar sera in Nigeria....if you people voted in governments that were serious about funding education,science and tech, and industrialization....but no...you want government to share money for you...rather than to help develop you.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
dasparrow:

The american doctor was given a serum back in the USA while the Nigerian doctor in Nigeria was given no treatment at all since there is no cure for the disease here in Nigeria or in other parts of Africa for that matter. Remember, the white man manufactured this virus in their labs or so it seems so they also have the antidote to cure or halt the disease but trust that they won't share so that Africa's black population will decrease dramatically. My opinion.

NB: Azz kissing, inferiority complex stricken, american/european wannabe Nairalanders should not bother quoting me because I am allergic to your self-hating azzes and you are on my ignore list and will get no response from me. Believe that!

Help me tell Nigerians that

Science gives us miracles religion tells us about miracles.

Which would they choose
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by igbsam(m): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Its not true guys.......This report is false. She is being treated at Mainland Hospital, Lagos. She has been quarantined there are being looked after. Get facts right before posting such on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Omero(m): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
etebefia: Englisher from English England, englishing another person's English, teacher njoku
Kindly correct that nonsense u typed. stop fooling ur self.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
I swear e nor fit better for this Patrick Sawyer! May your soul rest in burning furnace forever..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
igbsam: Its not true guys.......This report is false. She is being treated at Mainland Hospital, Lagos. She has been quarantined there are being looked after. Get facts right before posting such on Nairaland.

It would be good news if what you are posting is true.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sylvarresta: Has anyone notice that since the outbreak of Ebola, Boko boys don relegate, I think dis pple are attention seekers or sum kind of punishment from God.

Are they meant to be bombing daily... If u want news on BH go to the north... A lot of BH news are not reported in the South.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by galadee(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
The fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom, even the two hands on Nokia refuses to shake this morning #Ebola
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by femi4: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
3coins: does Ebola kill that quick??...I have a feeling they are killing Ebola patients lipsrsealed

RIP to him sha sad
Na she
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kanwulia:

At least I better pass your dead, LAGIDI, native-doctor abi?
Suffocated to death. . . because of the MAMA BOLA VIRUS!(MBV) cheesy
Still useful to the gods!

Hallelujah!

GO AND MOURN IN PIECES. . . . . kiss

[size=14pt]Incoherent, You high my dear?? Chillout!! Nice legs though kiss. so sad the legs are carrying a horrible waste.... Not in Naija fyi, but it doesnt mean i should be an A*s, you dig[/size]
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by farem: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
wordcat: But the American doctor is stil alive. How come this Nigerian doctor died so quickly?
Because Gej is in US!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by softy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
akinvest: Finally EBOLA u are now come 2 stayed in Nigeria. Jesus Christ pls, come quickly!
[b][/b]

GOD FORBIDS EBOLA TO FINALLY STAY IN NIGERIA, and I say it again, strongly and violently: GOD FORBIDS

BROS, be careful of WHAT u WISH
for!
,...........hiaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by 190theclown: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
where two or three are gathered there could be presence of ebola

check out the views on this thread

im out abeg make person nor touch me o angry angry
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by etebefia: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omero: Kindly correct that nonsense u typed. stop fooling ur self.
your own english is even worse, which dictionary can i find the bolded?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I think the report is not entirely correct. What is being reported on Channelstv is the death of one of the nurses that had primary contact with the Liberian.

Finally, it turned out that, in spite of the empty rhetorics and reassurances, the Lagos and federal health authorities made no preparations whatsoever for the management of possible Ebola epidemic in Nigeria. What a shame.

The situation is already bad but I hope it doesn't get worse than this. So far, it is 100 percent fatality in Nigeria, unlike the 90 to 60 percent being reported elsewhere.

Whereas we had all the time in the world to prepare for possible Ebola outbreak in Nigeria since March this year when the current outbreak was reported in Liberia, now we have no choice but to try to play catch up. That is what you get in a country that expends so much energy and time on SHARING of national cake. Always reactive, never proactive.

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW

Sincere9Nigerian! So you can actually be as objective as this Ha! Ayam dreaming!

Oh so because you now see your life is in danger due to the gross negligence and carelessness of the FG in particular, and that this is not about ordinary tribal/sentimental/political fights ba? Your eye don dey clear small small! I would have laughed my ass off right now but I'm too scared. sad cry sad

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by IGBOSON1: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
GodMode:

The creator created humans to help themselves if a people can't help themselves then they can only seek a trade-by-barter help.

^^^God gave the white man (that has developed a serum for this ebola of a thing) the same brain as we Nigerians; but while they apply themselves to better their lives and take control of their environment, we here in Nigeria are more interested in chasing juicy gov't contracts; grabbing more from federal allocation, while trying to prevent others legitimate resource control agitations; sustaining useless policies like quota-system and federal character that eventually leads to unqualified individuals with no passion for the job manning sensitive civil/public service jobs; and stealing in the billions from the public coffers!

Until we enthrone merit as the primary consideration for advancing in life, we will continue to stumble in the dark and never able to reach our full potential as a country!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF: Unfortunately,many Nigerians are semi illiterate and unpatriotic fools,the president and minister of health can go to hell, they are idiots. I live in Mali and something like this has not happen because their government are mean,they will never allow it to enter here even as they share border with one of the affected country,the problem with Nigerian leaders are their incompetence and half baked education.

Since this virus started,no one has taking it so serious,now that it is in,they want to act God.Hell No.

Even the doctors who attended the Liberian man are all fools,one does not need to tell you as long as he is from Liberia and show sign of sickness, you don't need to touch him right from the airport,our government should have taking the measures that they took now right from day one. Now they want to create a bad image for our dear land. My advice to you all honest and well meaning Nigerians is to vote out the clown called Jonathan from office. If he visit Mali, you all will hear the news because we are ready to disgrace him here. Idiotic president with idiotic ministers. Proudly Nigerian from Abia State.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by igbsam(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

It would be good news if what you are posting is true.

Just heard the minister of health calling the story false in one of his press conference.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by Sylvarresta(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
GodMode:

Are they meant to be bombing daily... If u want news on BH go to the north... A lot of BH news are not reported in the South.
Just my observation....m don't bullshit me.
Re: Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola by GodMode: 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
dhammyg: BUT CHANNELS TV IS REPORTING THAT IT IS A NURSE NOT DOCTOR THAT DIED

Ebola has killed someone that's the main news... I don't care who died they should just contain the virus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies / Chinwe Chibuike Celebrates Her 25th Birthday With Sultry Photos / Meet Bangladeshi Men Born Without Fingerprints For Generations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.