Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,993 members, 7,848,997 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

Bed Wetting At 30! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bed Wetting At 30! (502 Views)

At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! / My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bed Wetting At 30! by OmiAdu(f): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2014
If children feel embarrassed when they wet their beds, imagine what it is like for an adult who does. Yet there are adults who experts say probably number in the millions, who are bed-wetters. Because of their problem, they often live in constant fear of embarrassment, afraid to share their beds and rooms with loved ones and guests.

For those adults, bedtime is not as simple as ABC; it is in fact another time of dread and a reminder of a problem most people have outgrown at an earlier age.

For 30 year old Ogechi, who suddenly started bed wetting as a teenager, it has been a devasting nightmare, she wakes up each morning hoping to see dryness and words can’t express how what she experiences affects her social and emotional life.

She says, “I constantly think that I am a “blemished piece” because I have often been rejected and mocked by people around me. It’s been hard to keep a relationship with a guy, who wants to go to bed with a bed wetter? I have never known what it means to be self confident; it affects my self esteem and all areas of my life.

I have visited so many doctors, even a psychiatric and psychologist; they have all suggested different reasons that could be responsible for the condition. Ranging from emotional trauma I faced as a child, to my deep sleep pattern, and environmental allergies. And someone actually had the guts to suggest that I wet my bed because I was lazy to go to the toilet at night!

There has been lots of improvement over the years but I still look forward to when I will never have to worry about waking up wet anymore”.

There are several medications and medical conditions which can cause adult bed wetting. Fortunately, there are aids and treatments that can minimize the incidence and impact of bed wetting in adults.

Copied from http://femmelounge.ng/
Re: Bed Wetting At 30! by 1stola: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!
on
EBOLA
CHIBOK
READ
https://www.nairaland.com/1845888/breaking-news-leader-
bokoharam-sect#25290682

(1) (Reply)

4 Top Pimple Fighting Diets / Below Exploding Check Out All Information / Ebola Victim’s Journey From Liberian War To U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.