Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,390 members, 7,839,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges (32288 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees / PDP Gov'Ship Candidate Dosunmu Tackles Fashola Over LASU fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Biliamin(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
chiefinalowo: Even if Fashola declares free education in LASU, PDP will still defeat APC in Lagos State 2015 gubernatorial election.

as if he has a PVC

let me even ask you which of your so called pdp governors outperformed Fashola?
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by lokoloko84(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Well this is a good story to hear.But the truth is that to have a quality education is expensive in the modern day world especially at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and there are two ways to it:
1. payment of taxes accross broad and plunge a chunk of that to the system
2. paying a high tution fee.
It seem the citizens do not want to either of these,hence the reversal is understandable.Let the deception continue.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
To all those commending Fashola for reducing fees.....you will agree with me that LASU needs urgent expansion in facilities?

You would also agree with me that the money has to be found?

It costs N2million a year to train a Nigerian graduate.(Afe Babalola's estimate.FG puts it at N3.5million).

Now a student is going to pay just N25000.

Where is Lagos going to find the extra 1.8million per student per year needed to produce a quality graduate.?

Simples....your taxes go up, and sometime in the future...your kids fees will go up.

Sorry....but this is just postponing the evil day

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by shamson: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
chiefinalowo: Even if Fashola declares free education in LASU, PDP will still defeat APC in Lagos State 2015 gubernatorial election.
Forget!!! PDP can not rule Lagos

They don't have the brain and moral to do it

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
lokoloko84: Well this is a good story to hear.But the truth is that to have a quality education is expensive in the modern day world especially at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and there are two ways to it:
1. payment of taxes accross broad and plunge a chunk of to the system
2. paying a high tution fee.
It seem the citizens do not want to either of these,hence the reversal is understandable.Let the deception continue.

Very true....and guess what....it will be the ''poor'' students who will suffer the most...as they find that they can't compete with the rich kids and their foreign degrees....and even foreigners.....once they graduate.

Or can someone tell me how we will produce quality graduates with the limited facilities we have?
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by akdjr(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
For ur oven mind?
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by mazeltov(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
chai, with all these things u guys have listed here nw, i am nw totally confused as i dnt knw whom to vote for.. APC is a coterie that is fully moneygrubbing old men who are ready to hijack the central power. we keep praying forward ever,backward never bt the caliber of our PAST leaders who have governed the affairs of this country without any significant thing to present are the ''prince of persia'' obstructing our Daniel's prayers. I dnt knw what Buhari and co[bag of rations]want to cook up again or they are here to apologise why they couldn't bat a thousand and gve us the ballpark estimate of wat they were able to defalcate. we just need to eye up so that these already recycled thieves hoodwink us again wit their out of tune and far fetched propaganda!!! i'm nt against APC bt the person they want to present!!! we dnt want any past leader to come and launch web of lies again!!!!! the same thing goes to d present administration who couldn't differentiate btwn STEALING AND CORRUPTION, dats where his own cluelessness starts,, he is so obsessed wt his own personal agenda and has scored zero in terms of fighting corruption and terrorism!!! i use to wonder whether he is stil the president of dis country or nt, afterall America wl knw!!! grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by akdjr(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
I have always say it time without number that a true leader is the one who listen to the cry of his people and pay attention to it by doing the needful. Nice move Mr. Fashola. The only man who can rule Nigeria without fear or favour. If truly we all need changes like we always claim,let's elect who the cap fit come 2015 and not those who keep looting this country while we keep suffering and smiling.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by patrickmuf(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pdp supporters (even APC supporters too are sometimes guilty) are hypocrites, you are here trying to score cheap political points when in all honesty you should be asking for same from GEJ and every other political office holder...
Hiked the price of fuel, blamed cabals and promised refineries... Guess what? No refineries, no member of cabal brought to book.
Security takes a major proportion of our budgets, yet things just won't change.
If you must attack Fashola (I think we the masses have every right to vent our spleen) we should therefore leave no stone unturned as regards every other political office holder irrespective of party affiliation...People (voters and masses at large) need to understand the power of action, in this case, STRIKE...

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by vislabraye(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
What was the former fees. I remember it was 250 naira.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by spoilerx: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
Fashola is a wicked bàstard, after putting the students thru so much

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by 9jatatafo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is like a greek gift. I bet another gov of Lagos state will definitely increase the fees. I don't trust these politicians. They think ahead with their evil plans.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by uch12(f): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
ratiken: All of a sudden, Nigerians have become self aware
Like play, like play .... Our votes count
Like joke - politicians are beginning to consider what the masses think of them

Why?
Simply because that same CLUELESS GEJ have ensured free and fair elections and that the mind of the people are represented at the polls. This is what democracy is about ....

Call me CLUELESS too

Ratiken e di cluelessly clueful, udo nwanne!!
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by churchie(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
LASU students had a party today to celebrate the tuition reduction... http://halfbloodng.com/?p=943
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by haymoney01(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Firefire: sad

APC is reading the handwriting on the wall. Kudos to Democracy

Thank you Ondo, Ekiti and Osun people for telling them not to take us for a ride again.

grin
Osun... Dreamer
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by lokoloko84(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Very true....and guess what....it will be the ''poor'' students who will suffer the most...as they find that they can't compete with the rich kids and their foreign degrees....and even foreigners.....once they graduate.

Or can someone tell me how we will produce quality graduates with the limited facilities we have?

Bitter truth.See Nigerians are delusional.We all want quality education but we do not want to do the right thing. Education without industrial evolution with innovation and independent minds is useless.How can we have a better economy and improvement with the current mindset.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by 9jatatafo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
akdjr: I have always say it time without number that a true leader is the one who listen to the cry of his people and pay attention to it by doing the needful. Nice move Mr. Fashola. The only man who can rule Nigeria without fear or favour. If truly we all need changes like we always claim,let's elect who the cap fit come 2015 and not those who keep looting this country while we keep suffering and smiling.
Do not talk like someone who is blind folded, Fashola's tenure as a governor is almost over. Why did it take him so long to reverse the fees? What guarantee you that the fees will not be increased by the next gov? I do not see any good move here. It is just a stunt!!! Election is around the corner

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by davidoye: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
APC GOVS AND THEIR COMEDY TOWARDS 2015.THE LESSONS LEARNT FROM EKITI ELECTION IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM FOR DIS CLOWNS

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Akiika: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
But seriously, you guys honestly think you can get qualitative education with #25,000 ( approx. $150) per semester (or na per year)?
We have seen #25,000 education displayed here.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus: 25,000 Naira for a University Education?! shocked shocked shocked

100 British Pounds for a University Education in Nigeria?! shocked

So the cost of four tyres of a Range Rover Sports would place 4 people on a scholarship from start to finish in LASU?!

Jesus H. Christ.. The hussle is realer than I thought.

I guess Nigerians do not know the real cost of university education

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by AdeniyiA(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
mtsheeeew ... na pressure from the bigwigs in APC trying to resuscitate their gradually diminishing popularity
PS: i am apolitical
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Akiika: But seriously, you guys honestly think you can get qualitative education with #25,000 ( approx. $150) per semester (or na per year)?
We have seen #25,000 education displayed here.

The problem is Nigerians think we have enough money....when in reality we do not.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Kassidy90(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
APC is a clueless party....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by banku: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
What makes you guys think it will not be reversed again to the highest fees after election?
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Ninapha(f): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
berem: call it whatever you like, what matters is LASU students won't be paying very high school fees any longer. You should be happy about that.

pls dont sat 'any longer' sat ' atleast this session' this is not abt APC or PDP, we shd be able to recognize 'greek gift' we know fashola cannot sustain such promis.

BTW, i am happy for them even if its for this session but we know better. when they are washing our palms wit alomo we know say im go afftect the eba taste.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Jyde89: 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
mcheeeeeeeeew, igbayi laaro, RIP APC
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by ademoladeji(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
omat20: bro CULTISM WILL RESURFACE AGAIN BY DIS PRONOUNCEMENT BY FASH
Cultism is everywhere bro. Irrespective of the school fees, the bad ones are always there.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
bushdoc9919: Well, this is BAD NEWS for LASU financially

Since they won't increase fees....where are they going to find the cash?.

The fact remains, our universities need a hefty infusion of cash for new facilties.....and Fashola is in essence saying that he is going to take a loan to buffer up the university's funding.

And guess who will be paying back the loan.......

The Nigerian University is in financial trouble....and everyone is pretending it isn't. Pretty soon, we are going to face the elephant in the room.....and it won't be pretty.

Soon,many students are going to realise that the degree they have isn't worth the paper it is written on....and then they will call for increased financing.

Exactly. Just kicking the can down the road. The debate will forever rage between those who feel that education is all about quality versus those for quantity. I know where I stand with most things.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lol
killercute16: lol....i know that u are joking.
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by Suarezilla(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Political move....well planned and successful operations by APC! He knew wat he was doing when he hiked the fee just to cause confusion and unrest and now bring it back to d original amount just to garner praises...Apc hv a higher ground than any other party in Lagos! They r doing their homworks VERY well
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by danot1030: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
berem: I just passed LASU about an hour ago and the whole place agog with students chanting praise songs. I thought initially it was a riot.

Nice one from Mr. Fash!

Eko oni baje o!
. My best female nairalander in politics section, so u pass through my route, gud to know dat,
Re: BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges by creamylicious(f): 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
Govt that listens my ass. After they have enjoyed their percentage of d increase in fees,he then brings it down months to the election. It was cos of this hike that ekiti state university affiliate in aocoed, ijanikin increased their own fees.mtchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Kinds Of Student I Don't Like As Rooomate / Sex For Grades . Share Your Experience!!! / See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.