Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,765 members, 7,862,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank (958 Views)

How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria / How Can I Open Paypal Account. / How To Open Paypal Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by adeara(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello house. Just recently I opened an account with Paypal, but after a couple of days I received this message -

Dear valued customer,

You have been successfully migrated to the new FirstOnline, our enhanced internet banking solution

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspension.

KINDLY FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTION

1. Go to https://www.1stbanknigeria- online.com/corp/ .

2.Enter Your Current USERID & PASSWORD & a TOKEN CODE

3. It is mandatory to enter the code generated by your FBN hardware token device

4. Lastly, Provide the Answer to your secret questions

5. 5. Please kindly move this message to your inbox folder if found in your junk

KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO IN PUT YOUR TOKEN CODE FOR SUCCESSFUL UPDATES TO OUR NEW SITE

You must Synchronize your token to avoid locking of your token thereby making it impossible to carry out transactions online.

Thank you for banking with us.
- from First Bank.
Pls, is there any connection between this message and the paypal account I previously opened? If there is, what can I do with the message because on the First Bank website I have to log but I have no account with them. Thanks.
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
It shouls be a scam because I also received the same even if I didn't open any paypal. The mail has no signature nor name no logo nothing to prove is fbn and the worst why will someone ask for a password and your answer to your secret question.
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
It should be a scam because I also received the same even if I didn't open any paypal. The mail has no signature nor name no logo nothing to prove is fbn and the worst why will someone ask for a password and your answer to your secret question.
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by webpower84: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
SCAM ALERT!
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by bedfordng(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
that is a big scam .first of all, the link is not from firstbank.the scam link started with 1st,so it should tell you its not from firstbank.they don't use such kind of link.do not fall victim of such phishing website.so stay off from this site
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
BIG SCAM RUN. YOU WILL BE RECEIVING MORE. I HAVE THESE MAILS MANY BUT HAVE BLOCKED THEM OUT. NOTICE THAT YOU WOULD ALWAYS RECEIVE THEM IN YOUR SPAM MOST TIMES. DON'T EVER YOU REVEAL YOUR DETAILS TO ANYONE, BANKS DO NOT ASK FOR IT VIA MAIL AND MIND YOU, THEY DON'T NEED IT. THE WORLD IS WICKED!
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by Iphiegrace(f): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
See spelling of First they never use 1st
Re: I Open Paypal Account I Got Message From First Bank by mavinc4u(f): 1:46am On Aug 08, 2014
adeara: Hello house. Just recently I opened an account with Paypal, but after a couple of days I received this message -

Dear valued customer,

You have been successfully migrated to the new FirstOnline, our enhanced internet banking solution

Kindly update all your records with us correctly to prevent service interruption/suspension.

KINDLY FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTION

1. Go to https://www.1stbanknigeria- online.com/corp/ .

2.Enter Your Current USERID & PASSWORD & a TOKEN CODE

3. It is mandatory to enter the code generated by your FBN hardware token device

4. Lastly, Provide the Answer to your secret questions

5. 5. Please kindly move this message to your inbox folder if found in your junk

KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO IN PUT YOUR TOKEN CODE FOR SUCCESSFUL UPDATES TO OUR NEW SITE

You must Synchronize your token to avoid locking of your token thereby making it impossible to carry out transactions online.

Thank you for banking with us.
- from First Bank.
Pls, is there any connection between this message and the paypal account I previously opened? If there is, what can I do with the message because on the First Bank website I have to log but I have no account with them. Thanks.

how do you read mails. do you check the source before reading? any way in case of next time, always place a cursor on the originators name to unmask the email address behind the mail.

(1) (Reply)

Is Merrbet Predict Real Or A Scam? / A Business You Can Start With Just N1500. Yes Its Real And I Am Making It / Sending A Parcel To China From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.