Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,342 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus (812 Views)

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / Who Created The Ebola Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by deSika(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
I think a state of emergency should be declared in Lagos for 3
weeks with very restricted movement limited to doctors and a
very few media guys. Since this virus causes its hemorrhage
within 21 days of living in a host (correct me if I'm wrong), we
can avoid further spread within this period. People that develop
symptoms within this period can then be contained in their homes and environs and then transported to hospitals for
treatment. Helplines will be made available and doctors will be
highly mobile. Case in point; Imagine bankers counting notes and
giving out money to all sorts, imagine conductors doing what
they know how to do best and also the sweat/ fluid people share
for free in buses, imagine what will happen when the government hospitals resume and are overtly crowded with
people having different symptoms of different kinda diseases,
imagine your own boss shaking your hands, imagine a club,
shoprite, imagine anything. This drastic measure will for sure
cripple the economic infrastructure of the state, but giving the
weakness of our health sector and the nonchalance of our doctors (going on strike because of trivial issues on who will head the
medical practice), I think we need to handle this situation very
fast and I mean NOW before it deteriorates like the Chibok issue.
Truth be told our leaders are clueless and are not as concerned as
you think.. Believe me, Ebola is not malaria oo, it kills like demons.
*my thoughts*

Copied from a friends facebook page
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by Dubby6(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
My opinion: Kill Them All...I mean every Lagosian grin grin grin
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by Caseless: 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
Since it's a one-way in and out of lagos, i suggest , they test everybody coming out of lagos for ebola to avoid carrying it to other state like that useless patrick sawyer did.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by BodyKiss(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dubby6: My opinion: Kill Them All...I mean every Lagosian grin grin grin

You're a big idi0t. You had to open your rotten teeth.
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by eaglechild: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
We do not have the resources to do that.

It will also lead to panic and the economic blow back will be devastating.
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by Dubby6(m): 1:30am On Aug 08, 2014
BodyKiss:

You're a big idi0t. You had to open your rotten teeth.

My friend, go and die well jorh...foool
Una no dey sabi when person dey play....Bonkom
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by BodyKiss(m): 3:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Dubby6:

My friend, go and die well jorh...foool
Una no dey sabi when person dey play....Bonkom

Go fvck yourself with your lame and stvpid joke
Re: Opinion: How Nigeria Can Contain The Ebola Virus by Dubby6(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
BodyKiss:

Go fvck yourself with your lame and stvpid joke

Eeya e pain am tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

You Have Ulterior Motives – Dasuki Slams Amnesty Int. / Christians In Politics Please Beware Of This Agenda / No Vacancy In Aso Rock In 2015 -ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.