Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today (1697 Views)

"TB Joshua Predicted The Paris Terrorist Attack" / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass / T.B Joshua Predicted The Nigeria Floods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2008
The Vision", written in 1973. The first paragraphs of the book read like something out of today's headlines.

The book is out of print, but here are some excerpts from the first chapter:

Excerpts from The Vision by David Wilkerson

Chapter 1-Economic Confusion

A Crash is Coming-1

There is worldwide economic confusion just ahead. In my vision, this is the clearest thing I have seen. Many praying people now share this very same vision.

Not only is the American dollar headed for deep trouble, but so are all other world currencies. I see total economic confusion striking Europe first and then affecting Japan, the United States, Canada, and all other nations shortly thereafter.

It is not really a depression I see coming—but a recession of such magnitude that it will affect the lifestyle of nearly every wage earner in America and around the world. Countries that now control huge amounts of Western currency are going to be in very deep trouble also. Arab countries will especially be hurt.

Without a doubt, there are lean years ahead full of monetary confusion and despair. How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. The world’s greatest economists will be at a loss to explain the confusion, and an international crisis of fear will develop. A false economic boom will precede the recession—but it will be shortlived.

A Few Good Years to Prepare—2

In spite of all the danger signs around us of impending economic disaster, the next few years (from 1973) will be among the most prosperous in the history of mankind. They will be fat and flourishing years. In spite of tight money policies, people will continue to spend freely. Sales will continue to break records and people will spend more than ever in modern history. Credit debt will become nearly uncontrollable.

I see, very clearly, just a few years of tremendous affluence and continuing economic prosperity. Church budgets will increase, wages will increase—missionary giving will also increase.

Inflation, costs, and wages will spiral higher and higher. There will be a few minor adjustments in prices, but world economy will become white-hot.

When I received this vision in April of 1973, I also received clear instructions from the Holy Spirit to believe God for sufficient finances to clear all debts of our organization other than necessary mortgages. The message I received from God was very clear and to the point. It was simply this:

There is great economic confusion coming and lean years lay just ahead. There will be a few short, fat, and flourishing years to prepare for the lean years. Work and pray to clear off all debts and get ready for drastic cuts in budget. The money will not be flowing as it was in the past, and if you are free of debt, you’ll be able to maintain your programs even in the difficult years. Don’t panic—and don’t be afraid—just prepare for it and expect it!

Bankruptcies of Major corporations—3

I believe we are going to witness the bankruptcies of some of this nation’s major and most popular corporations. I see tremendous difficulty arising for credit corporations. There are going to be any people unable to pay off their heavy obligations to major credit card companies, causing near-chaos.

Thousands of small businesses will also be forced into bankruptcies. Three, and possibly four, of the major religious denominations will be forced to operate with a skeleton organization due to a lack of funds. More than a few churches are going to have to pull back. All but a few of the radio and television ministries will have to be abandoned.

Tight money will trigger a wave of uncertainty and fear. Those who have money will hold it in reserve.

The United States government is going to “overreact” to the confused economical developments.

I see a flurry of near-panic decision being made by various government agencies—but these hasty efforts to shore up the economy will backfire.

The President of the United States will make one, and possibly two, national radio and TV appearances to reassure the nation that all is well and that the best of economic times is just ahead. It will not work. People will distrust these statements, and their fears will lead to a revolution at the polls.

The auto industry is going to be hurt badly. Makers of recreational vehicles are going to get hit very hard. Appliance inventories will pile up, and sales will fall off drastically.

Almost every economic indicator will be gloomy. It will be spotty at first—but will eventually affect nearly all industry.

[End Excerpt]
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by AKO1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2008
People will distrust these statements, and their fears will lead to a revolution at the polls.

So Obama has won, right?
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2008
A_K_O:

People will distrust these statements, and their fears will lead to a revolution at the polls.

So Obama has won, right? grin

My brother it looks like it.
These prophecies were way back but they seem so real now.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2008
More from the man of God
The highlighted part is a scary warning.

From Prophecy Watch, POB 1788 Medford OR
January 1994, Rebecca, Box 545, Latham N.Y 12110 reporting a
transcription of a David Wilkerson sermon in the Times Square Church. This was confirmed as authentic in 2001, by World Challenge Times Square.

(In pertinent part)
Very soon a European or, Eastern nation is going to default on its
international loan, and when that happens, within two weeks Mexico is going
to default. Mexico owes $100 Billion--80% of it to American banks--and here
is what is going to happen:
About two weeks after the first country goes bankrupt we are going to
survive that because most of the money is owed to European banks: German,
Swiss, and French banks.
The second country is going to go down, probably Argentina or Brazil, and we
will kind of live that out and people will settle down and say, "Well, maybe
its not going to hurt."

But two weeks after the first country goes down Mexico is going to default
$100 billion, and when the banks open the next day at 9a.m. $15 billion an
hour is going to be withdrawn from our American banks.

They are going to be running our banks; the Arabs, all the Latin American
countries. They are going to be running our banks, and before the day is
over the United States is going to have to declare a banking holiday.

AND WE ARE GOING INTO SIX MONTHS OF THE WORST HELL AMERICA HAS EVER SEEN!
There is going to be chaos! Not even the National Guard is going to be able
to quiet it down. We are going to have to call out the US.Army.

Now I've had visions recently for I've been in New York City and I was in
Macy's in vision and I saw people walking around stunned because they
couldn't get their money out of the bank.

Now I'm giving you a word of advice. The first country that goes bankrupt,
and I've documented this and I've got it sealed in an envelope and I'm going
to call all my friends, and I'm telling you: this is the first time I've
said it in a public meeting like this; but the first country that bellies
up - YOU GET EVERY DIME YOU HAVE - CHURCH - GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE BANK
because you've got two weeks; because there's going to be a bank holiday and
you won't be able to get a dime for six months.

Now, of course, there is going to be order restored, but the nation will
never be like it is again. There is going to be fear like we've never known.
JUDGMENT IS AT THE DOOR!

When I was in Macy's in a vision I watched people walking around stunned-
they didn't even know what to do. They didn't know what was happening. Then
a bunch of young people walked into Macy's and suddenly went wild and began
to steal, it was raped and ruined in an hour or two, that was just the
beginning.

Folk's, it's all in this Book (holding up the Bible). We have been warned
and warned and warned. You can't tell me God hasn't warned us!
You can't tell me God isn't saying something awesome tonight in the church.
He is saying something awesome to us and we better get our prayer life
straightened up, our lives straightened up. Get rid of the idols, as Paul
writes, and start seeking the face of God in holiness or you are not going
to be ready for what is coming. You are going to run around trying to make
things right. You are going to run around saying, "What's happening", No
folk's God is warning!

Get ready and you will not fear these things that come upon you and you will
start rejoicing. You will not be afraid because your hands are clean. You
have been praying and God is building a wall of fire around you to keep you.

I am not preaching a message of fear. I am pressing. I am saying the enemy
is at the gate. Get ready. He is calling for a holy sanctified people. Do
you want to repent tonight? Do you want to ask God to forgive you?

I know that when I leave this place tonight- I know before Almighty God-
I've delivered my soul to you. I didn't come to please you or to make you
like my preaching. I didn't come to get you on a mailing list.

I came as an emissary of Almighty God to preach a message in His divine
Holiness and He is speaking to your heart, brother and sister and to every
preacher in this house. You will pay the price! Now get down on your face
and repent and get right with God and tear down the idols and God says: "I
will hear you and I will heal your body and I will heal your family. I will
answer prayer. I will protect you when judgment comes. I will be with you. I
will sanctify you. I will walk with you." 

Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by pilgrim1(f): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hmmm, @plus_Queen, how body? cheesy

If it is David Wilkerson, there's substance in what that man has been saying - and anyone who has the time to check out his no-nonsense church (and yet graceful atmosphere) will just know the bit. Not even when people may claim that "so many people" have said the same thing that Wilkerson said. . no, the guy is detailed, and some of the stuff he has said without fear of losing face have actually happened as stated.

This one was on my mind, but for the life of me, I just couldn't get my hands on the copy of the book when I heard it mentioned in a podcast sometime ago. So glad to see it here reposted, because I had been seeking to read it slowly and digest the details for myself. Thanks for this exercise, bless you. Jesus is Lord. wink
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by mazaje(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
Robert Kiwashki predicted the same thing in much more detail back in 1999. . . and he the way he is non religious. . . .
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
more from Wilkerson.

In Nintey-Eight, Wilkerson said the following:

" I've brought up this scenario before, but it bears repeating here: One day soon, when the crash strikes suddenly and fear spreads across the nation, the President will stand silently in the Oval Office, staring out the window. He'll be panic-stricken - at a complete loss for words - because of the economic upheaval.

Finally, he'll turn to his gathering of advisers - the leaders of our nation, including the chairman of the Federal Reserve - and he'll ask: "What happened? How did it all come crashing down? And what can we do now? . . . "

" . . . In the days to come, literally hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their homes."
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Hmmm, @plus_Queen, how body? cheesy

If it is David Wilkerson, there's substance in what that man has been saying - and anyone who has the time to check out his no-nonsense church (and yet graceful atmosphere) will just know the bit. Not even when people may claim that "so many people" have said the same thing that Wilkerson said. . no, the guy is detailed, and some of the stuff he has said without fear of losing face have actually happened as stated.

This one was on my mind, but for the life of me, I just couldn't get my hands on the copy of the book when I heard it mentioned in a podcast sometime ago. So glad to see it here reposted, because I had been seeking to read it slowly and digest the details for myself. Thanks for this exercise, bless you. Jesus is Lord. wink

I dey my dear.
And Jesus is still Lord.
I never heard of him till today.
This is interesting.
I need to get that book.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by JJYOU: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2008
you can go to the bank with anything from David Wilkerson. he is one man with integrity and past accuracy on his side.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2008
I wish I lived in NY.
I would love to attend his church someday
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Nimshi: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
Now I'm giving you a word of advice. The first country that goes bankrupt,
and I've documented this and I've got it sealed in an envelope and I'm going
to call all my friends, and I'm telling you: this is the first time I've
said it in a public meeting like this; but the first country that bellies
up - YOU GET EVERY DIME YOU HAVE - CHURCH - GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE BANK
because you've got two weeks; because there's going to be a bank holiday and
you won't be able to get a dime for six months.

No kidding?!

Er, when did Iceland go bankrupt? Looks like much longer than two weeks ago to me. What about you?

Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by JJYOU: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

Robert Kiwashki predicted the same thing in much more detail back in 1999. . . and he the way he is non religious. . . .
too bad who told you he is not religious? apart from reading his book do you know him personally?
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Nimshi: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
plus_Queen:

The Vision", written in 1973. The first paragraphs of the book read like something out of today's headlines.

You too write a prophecy about economic conditions, like, say, that there'll be serious economic problems; seal it in an envelope; then wait 35 years and see if you won't be right.  wink

Easy. Like fufu and correct ofensala soup. Wash down with p-soup and Maltina.

Easy.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2008
Nimshi:

No kidding?!

Er, when did Iceland go bankrupt? Looks like much longer than two weeks ago to me. What about you?

Read it again.After that European country,he says Mexico will default on it's loan.
That is the order he said it will happen so one without the other is not it.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by pilgrim1(f): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
plus_Queen:

Wilkerson on Benny Hinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZyG8sIy1I&feature=related

Hehe. . nne, you no even hold jokes small at all! Lol, did you listen to the full episode of that message? grin Lol, I go find am post later.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by pilgrim1(f): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

Help us post some of Kiwashki's predictions about the same detail - it might be interesting to see. Source, document, publication, all - just out of curiosity. wink
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by mazaje(m): 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Help us post some of Kiwashki's predictions about the same detail - it might be interesting to see. Source, document, publication, all - just out of curiosity. wink

go read up his books
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by JeSoul(f): 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2008
plus_Queen:

I wish I lived in NY.
I would love to attend his church someday

Been there few times. It's a blessed church. My dearest friend has been attending Times Sq church for close to 8yrs now, n always sings of the things she gets the chance to be part of.

One time I visited, they put on a drama presentation on the life of David Wilkerson, it was so moving. The way God has worked thru this man is just incredible. He is one of the few men of integrity left in an ocean of wolves dressed in choir robes.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Nimshi: 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
Very soon a European or, Eastern nation is going to default on its
international loan,

Wow! European or Eastern nation. . . sounds like close to half of the world economy to me.

and when that happens, within two weeks Mexico is going
to default. Mexico owes $100 Billion--80% of it to American banks--and here
is what is going to happen:

What's new? Mexico's defaulted before.

About two weeks after the first country goes bankrupt we are going to
survive that because most of the money is owed to European banks: German,
Swiss, and French banks.

"About" two weeks. . . will 4 weeks count? Or 5? Or 6? Or 9? Ok; since Iceland "officially" went bankrupt between the 7th and 10th of this month, this prophecy's stil got some says. I say, let's be watching it.  wink

The second country is going to go down, probably Argentina or Brazil, and we
will kind of live that out and people will settle down and say, "Well, maybe
its not going to hurt."

"Probably Argentina or Brazil". . . that wording is quite very slippery, eh.

Probably.
Argentina.
Brazil.

Argentina had it a while ago, but before the Icelandic bankrruptcy; so, let's see.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by JJYOU: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2008
can i  move that we press the normal  IGNORE BUTTON on these people please

@ str Nwando, look for The Cross and the Switchblade - that is his story told. beginning of his mnistry. you will be inspired
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2008
@NIMISHI

u are absolutely rite all that is going on now i started saying em since 5yrs ago,sum of my friends tot am a prophet but am not anyone can predict a general topic,it's just simple psychology like law of gravity anything that goes up must surely come down simply coolno biggy shocked shocked
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by huxley(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
Big deal, Big deal.

Since the big crash of the 20s, there have been three or four other economic slumps. It is a well know feature of economics and there is a technical name for it - only I cannot remember. I can only remember the media name - boom/bust economics.

Now let us see what he prophecised

1) Did he name the institutions involved?
2) Did he predict the correct years?
3) Did he predict the solutions that would be taken by the world's government?
4) Did he predict the numbers of people that would lose their shirts and jobs ?

Now, let me attempt a number of forecasts of my own;

1) A major world leader will run into difficulties before the end of the 2010s
2) There will be a major economic crash before the end of 2100
3) There will be a major earthquake in America before 2030, killing thousands of people.
4) There will be widespread flooding in Asia, killing thousands before 2020.

How's that?
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by pilgrim1(f): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2008
mazaje:

go read up his books

Just take style post those same things he said - not hard to do, abi? wink
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by mazaje(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Just take style post those same things he said - not hard to do, abi? wink

i don't have the books here with me. . . . i read one about two months ago and he predicted this financial crisis in detail, he even warned of the housing bubble and mortgage meltdown how devastating it will be if it burst. . . .
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by pilgrim1(f): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2008
mazaje:

i don't have the books here with me. . . . i one about two months ago and he predicted this financial crisis in detail, he even warned of the housing bubble and mortgage meltdown how devastating it will be if it burst. . . .

Since you posited that he said the same thing, it would be interesting to have read some of those. But I'm not pushing - just thought you might have helped to share. Cheers.
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Gamine(f): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2008
ooh

ive seen the Cross and the Switchblade

loong time ago

saw it the same time i saw Joni.

Wow, same guy, good stuff!
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by plusQueen: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2008
Gamine:

ooh

ive seen the Cross and the Switchblade

loong time ago

saw it the same time i saw Joni.

Wow, same guy, good stuff!

I'm watching out for Mexico.
Once they go down I have to withdraw money that'll last us 6 months.
I can't breastfeed the whole family for 6 months grin
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Gamine(f): 1:15am On Oct 19, 2008
Lol. I hv canceld my sch applicatns to d US. It pays to be well informed!
Re: A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today by Gamine(f): 1:17am On Oct 19, 2008
;d

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad(saw) In The Bible. / The Experience 2009…26 Days To Go! / Mountain Of Fire Church Share Fence With Ifa Chapel .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.