Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95358 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by chimajii: 9:22am On Aug 08, 2014
HUMAN RACE UNDER THREAT, and what someone could best do is Fann The Flame. Only Nigerians. FIX IT JESUS!!!

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by quintessnc05(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2014
See wetin u don cause!
grin

7 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by darmhey(m): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
oponu let dem come and molest you, maybe you should put your phone number mtcheeew
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by hardbody: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

Lol, you even want to beat up some people, Babe you sef dey vex oooo

Calm down small and collect a few bashings, that should more than compensate for the angst people feel about the cruel joke. Meanwhile stop hitting back.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by chimajii: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2014
sad what people have time to do. People have decide to be jobless. Now, by the time the actual prevention method is Out, people will say taaah, 'Na Lie' that is when it'll Hit Hard because of things like this. OAN;: this thread will go really wide. Should be fun.
S/N: that's if this isn't a way to just generate traffick for this forum.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by farano(f): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2014
hmmmmmm
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Valfrankie(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
OP, I don't care what people say to you, if indeed you originated this rumour, I say YOU ARE A GENIUS. YES, a genius for exposing the pervading ignorance and illiteracy among even the educated elites in Nigeria. Until we learn the importance in verification, we will continue to endure and enjoy the merry round in the company of a clattering chatterboxes taking our brains to lunch! Ride on young lady, am impressed!!!!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by lorRhyMeZ: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Op were u also d one that sent out the Ayatul Kursiy version or ur friend?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tval(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
With how dangerous the virus is, I don't expect someone to start making a joke out of it, you made a joke of it, you didn't make a simple joke, you made an expensive one, and you know how people are reluctant over the cure.

If salt has nothing to do with cure, that means you have misled so many people.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by onstelly(f): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Am just speechless but I knew it, that this whole thing is just a joke
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw

Insult ke...do you want to add the salt to ebola wounds

Thanks for the prank...I have sold 500 bags of salt between yesterday and today..

Send your account no...i want to pay your school fees and that of your friends cool
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Mrphilia: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2014
E b as if bomb dey d poster head....mumu pikin..

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Rexyl(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I have lectures by 10pm.
Let me go and have my bathe

which other lecture apart from this one you started? Pls don't go anywhere without reasonable conclusion of this and award of suitable grades from your ogas who know better than expensive jokes.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by fabulousdame(f): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2014
it sounded ridiculous in d first place..if u had ur bath with salt and water today, ur father should start collecting all the fees he paid right from nursery skul to watever level u are and invest d money in a cocoyam farm. grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bankyblue(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2014
@DRealGeesam1

for u to make my Mum va sleepest night and loading re-charge card of 2K calling all her love once. angry
we shall end this in the court of LAW angry

6 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ddooskie(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2014
If you received any message about salt in warm water preventing
Ebola and you believed and spread that message, here are some
small 'tips' for you:
1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic or
college of education and return your degree certificate
2. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid for you.
3. And if you've not been to any school, don't bother to waste
your time, money and resources because it won't make any
difference.

15 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by CharlieMaria(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
It is too late. I even applied palm oil and maggi. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dania30(f): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Spaxon(f): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2014
2day dat i bath wdout salt... Hmmm.. My mom wanted 2 break my head..... So in d absence of salt i used sugar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by henryobinna(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
young lady! you see what you've caused, I think you should be arrested for character assasination.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by freshness2020: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Na Award For Guinness-Rumours of records na e sure pass" this news spread gan...just less than 2 hours.. Damn the guy bas gan.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dadarupees(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2014
undecided do u knw thunder will fire u?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Vadel(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
If actually you started it, I really don't know what to say to you. But...you ought to be hanged!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dammiedot(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ibdeals1(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
hmm undecided
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by White007(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I have lectures by 10pm.
Let me go and have my bathe

Make sure you do it with salt water tongue Oloshi
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by amnestylaw1(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Thank God you didn't ask people to bath with pepper water because even so, some will still go ahead and do it even though it sounds illogical.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Ogaredu(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
@ Op, what you started isn't so bad, people now know Ebola virus is real.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Eberex(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

undecided

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
ddooskie: If you received any message about salt in warm water preventing
Ebola and you believed and spread that message, here are some
small 'tips' for you:
1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic or
college of education and return your degree certificate
2. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid for you.
3. And if you've not been to any school, don't bother to waste
your time, money and resources because it won't make any
difference.

May God bless you abundantly bro

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tomiobj(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014

How it started

Wow. U av sense jare. @ least u av d courage to confess. Kudos!...........dnt let fools insult you. it was a joke that just spreaded massively nd jealous peeps keep on ranting
But don't kill yourself with guilt. No1 would believe it
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by DavidKissinger(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
You guys are falling for this too? Isn't it obvious she's just an attention seeker? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.