Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (75737 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by blackprowler: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

It doesn't matter how the Nigerian Govt wish to honor him, for political reasons, a PDP Govt whose claws runs so deep in the SE will Honor Ojukwu, also, in the spirit of false reconciliation (without releasing the Biafran funds anyways!!), it all sounds politically correct so I can not fault the Govt on that.
Look at the Irony, when Ojukwu returned from exile, Shagari gave him a condition that he will bring the Ibos to NPN (a northern political party). Ojukwu shamelessly honored that agreement, another big act of cowardice because he doesn't want to loose his freedom.
He chose to be a Northern Houseboy

How can you align politically with your 13yr old enemy who took over 3million Biafran lives, just to get your freedom back? where in the world does it happen and you will get a title for that? Ojukwu could neither sacrifice his life nor his freedom for Biafra, which begs the question; DOES OJUKWU HIMSELF REALLY BELIEVE IN THE BIAFRA COURSE? or he is just using the Ignorant Biafrans to fuel his ambition?, the later is more likely though.
Biafrans need to take a chill pill and review their position on Ojukwu.

One simple comment: you have a brain and a mind. I wish we could have people with depth discuss and execute decisions on Nigeria as some us only have nairaland as avenue to do. In a serious country, a govt personnel or even from a private think-tank would be monitoring a forum like nairaland to find quality minds to discuss Nigerian issues. But no; not in Nigeria. They're busy sharing positions to "pady-pady" (apologies to Fela)

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dontjealousme: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ojukwu victor burial. The Lion of Biafra State funeral. A winner is a winner any day, any time. cool

4 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
azpekuliar:

What would otherwise have been a beautiful thread, ruined by the OP's one moment of indiscretion! An open invitation for NL's tribal and ethnic jingoists to engage in their usual diatribes.
But it wasn't a problem when he posted a pic of dead people and labeled it "Genocide in Biafra"? What if people took offense to that and complained that even if that was Biafra what happened was not genocide but "inevitability of war"?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dontjealousme: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
The hero has gone but the losers are still crying like that bitc.h jpphilips, it is in their coward DNA.

see pic of them carrying Biafra flag and the Great Ojukwu portrait. Like I said a winner is a winner.

‘We’d have fought for sovereignty of Biafra’

on May 06, 2013 / in News 5:42 pm / Comments

By OLA AJAYI, IBADAN
HUNDREDS of angry military pensioners in the country Monday besieged the Oyo State Secretariat saying they regretted fighting against Biafran soldiers to ensure the unity of the country.

They said if they had known that the country would repay them in this wicked manner, they would have fought for the survival and sovereignty of Biafra.

The retired soldiers who spoke through their Chairman, Mr. Mr. Gabriel Oiakhena said, “we have been pushed to the wall. The families of over 500,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Biafra are suffering.

We who are alive are just living as destitute. Many of us have died because they did not have money to treat and fend for themselves. Senator David Mark has spent about twelve years and he has done nothing for us.

When the militants were pushed to the wall, they took up arms and fought with the last pint of their blood”.

Also speaking on the issue, another ex-soldier, Mr. Olatunji Johnson said they came to draw the attention of Federal Government to their 53 per cent unpaid arrears and other allowances.

To prevent breakdown of law and order, all gates leading to the secretariat complex were shut against the angry pensioners.

Armoured Personnel Carrier, five police Hilux Vans and scores of armed policemen were stationed at the entrance of the secretariat.

Displaying the injuries they sustained in the Biafran War and many placards condemning the discouraging attitude of the government, they said it was unfortunate that they were being treated in this inhuman manner after fighting for the unity of the country.

He said their mission to the office of Governor Abiola Ajimobi was to present a letter on their plight to him for onward delivery to President Goddluck Jonathan.

He said, “we will not allow the government to rest until our money and other entitlements are paid. Many of us are still being paid N10,000 as monthly pension while they are wasting millions over there. It is not fair”.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/#sthash.PNn4joTU.dpufome to rest but the losers are still crying and whining over their loss.

http://www.mjemagazine.com/wed-have-fought-for-sovereignty-of-biafra-biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Calculia: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
It is funny how things change, that picture speaks volume. Ojukwu recieved a state funeral with full military honours, now compare to those yorubas in Ibadan Oyo State now carrying Biafra flag and Ojukwu portrait, ain't that funny! I suppose that is life for you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2014
dontjealousme: The hero has gone but the losers are still crying like that bitc.h jpphilips, it is in their coward DNA.

see pic of them carrying Biafra flag and the Great Ojukwu portrait. Like I said a winner is a winner.

http://www.mjemagazine.com/wed-have-fought-for-sovereignty-of-biafra-biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/

It is only a m0r0n who couldn't answer where the Onitsha blockade was but was in a hurry to brandish 500,000 Nigerian soldiers from Oyo state who died.
Your Inability to question what you believe in life makes you a sieve brain, pray your kids don't inherit that, it is a ticket to extinction.
People like you were not designed to last, it is a miracle you have lived this long.

What was the total Nigerian population at the time, to think that the Nigerian Government will commit 500,000 soldiers to its armed forces?
Do you know that presently at a population close to 170million people, a united Nigerian's standing army stood at 130,000, it was during the Boko insurgency that plans were made to increase it to 160,000, now for you to believe that a divided Nigeria then had as much as 500,000 soldiers in 1967, is a proof that, you have a small brain in an adult body, your brain was not designed to last beyond 10yrs, somehow, you managed to exceed that age, what we are witnessing today from you is the result of a deficit in brain development.

sorry bro!!

4 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dontjealousme: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2014
@ jpphilips ur still whinning? na wa oh! Move on now? 'Keeping Nigeria one is a task that must be done' Gowon said. Many of u joined the Army and over half a million died from the Nigerian side. Deal with that. Ordinary boko haram increased Army population, now imagine wat a war situation will do. Anyway, i am done talking to an upstart like u got better things to do with my time.

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Osarieme415(m): 1:00am On Aug 13, 2014
jpphilips:

It is only a m0r0n who couldn't answer where the Onitsha blockade was but was in a hurry to brandish 500,000 Nigerian soldiers from Oyo state who died.
Your Inability to question what you believe in life makes you a sieve brain, pray your kids don't inherit that, it is a ticket to extinction.
People like you were not designed to last, it is a miracle you have lived this long.

What was the total Nigerian population at the time, to think that the Nigerian Government will commit 500,000 soldiers to its armed forces?
Do you know that presently at a population close to 170million people, a united Nigerian's standing army stood at 130,000, it was during the Boko insurgency that plans were made to increase it to 160,000, now for you to believe that a divided Nigeria then had as much as 500,000 soldiers in 1967, is a proof that, you have a small brain in an adult body, your brain was not designed to last beyond 10yrs, somehow, you managed to exceed that age, what we are witnessing today from you is the result of a deficit in brain development.

sorry bro!!

WORD!!!
the level of reasoning of some people do not make them fit to live

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Historicalnaija: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Funny how all this pictures are taken from historical Nigeria's Instagram account. Every single picture.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
grafikii: Amazing pictures, at times you wished you lived in that era but the thought of being dead by now makes me smile.

Mukina2, Obinoscopy, Mynd44
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Am just speechless. Nigeria look simple and on track
Truly Time flyz

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
My 2cents.

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hmm

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by peleson: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
The OP makes it look like the north made our independence possible but in real sense, the south especially the South south was more influential during this time and we're more developed because they had earlier contacts with Europeans. The south west also contributed but the op issuing out northern pictures like it was them casts a lot about the intent of the OP. This diversion of history! The South Rocks
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by azimibraun: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Some ppl will see all of these and still expect you to be proud of today Nigeria. Anyway they may be correct afterall, by 2019 Nigerians will be proud of today when Naija hs gone worse. Naija ever nosediving on the steady.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
prophetone: ]
People celebrating after the end of the Nigerian civil war. One placard says ''Hail one Nigeria Ibos welcome''.

Yes, igbos were welcomed, so you see, The statement of todays lads, 'Go back to your land', is criminal and hypocritical.
Op, you are clueless tribalist.
How can the few eastern pics you have portray the civil war and nothing else.
Why not avoid the east altogether?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by peleson: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
Osarieme415:
"Emitarized."
Goodness me!!!
You've been on this forum for years!!!
Bravo.
Was Garkem ever at war with the FG?
Did the federal soldiers fight the people of Garkem or the Biafran soldiers?
Now who is the devil?
Be it established that a madman's mind isn't more confused than yours
Why is that you don't understand English? And you call yourself a proud igbo man. I hate to say this,but you suffer from a negative integer intelligent IQ. So because I cite a case of probability,of people having parents of different tribe;it should now be an object of vituperative attack... .Did I say my parents are of different tribes... You don't even understand semantics; and you say you are the product of a literally-powerful tribe. You should be ashamed of yourself. Before,you level such allegation on me,please define Bigotry... I am certain you don't know it...
If Nigeria disintegrates today,you think the South-south will follow you. Dummy!!!
I thought you said you were objective... You belong to the zoo,and not to the race of humans
If I and you were to ever meet,it should be in a classroom,I tutoring you on how to perfect your written english
Be of good cheer
You can quote me and type more rubbish and balderdash... I won't reply again... Because you are not worth a handful of guinea corn
Rub.bish! U r not being objective! Talk to the talk and stop attacking the talker! I am from the south south and I make bold to tell u that we can comfortably stand on our own hence we share same similarities with the Igbos and our relationship hereby is mutual n not a master slave relationship of hausa yoruba.. should Nigeria split today, the south east (ibos), the middle belt and the south south ijaws, akwacross will be together in might! We ll forge ahead with the speed of light because we v mutual understanding and respect for human lives and honest respect for one another devoid of mediocrity and eye service. We r all kings n queens in ourselves n no slaves to none!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by kingsleyuk2003(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
I like this. Takes us to the past
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by tck2000(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
Papis

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Takes Selfie In Isolation, Attends COVID-19 Committee Meeting / Final Results Of 2023 Governorship Elections So Far Across States / Dino Melaye Trails Smart Adeyemi With Two LGs Remaining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.