Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (75773 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by prophetone(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2014

The year is 1939. The then monarch of Benin Oba akenzua II flanked by General Bondilon.

Nigerian Air Traffic Controllers learning Australian methods of air traffic control inside Perth Airport control tower in 1964. They were in Australia under the Special Commonwealth Assistance to Africa Plan.

University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan In 1959

The 1st Nigerian man to declare that 20 men shall fall that day if you cross his lane, he declared it before Wizkid. 19 yr old Victor Uwaifo training and posing at Obalende, near St Gregorys College, Lagos 1960.

Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia In Nigeria In 1972. Ngozi Achebe handing His Imperial Majesty, a bouquet of marigolds, daisies and daffodils during his visit to Nigeria in 1972. The little Ngozi welcomed the mighty emperor saying: “I welcome to Nigeria, His Royal Highness, the great Emperor of all Ethiopia, Elect of God, and the Lion of Judah, Emperor Haile Selassie.”

Scholar writing a Hausa dictionary in the Centre of Study for Nigerian Languages in Kano, May 1974.

Civilians at a bus stop, Ibadan (1970).

On November 10, 1995 Ken Saro-Wiwa and eight other Ogoni activists were hanged, After being tried and convicted by a special military tribunal and were refused the possibility of appeal in relation to their human right activities in the Niger Delta region. In 2009, after years of litigation, Shell settled out of court with the Saro Wiwa family for $15.5million as a “humanitarian gesture and a gesture of sympathy

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Premier of the Old Western Region Nigeria.

Women in wooden canoe on Cross River (1959).

7 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by igbsam(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
So much memories...God bless you OP.

Meanwhile, check out our clubbing in those days and that of now.

Buhari sure has swags way back....Let's see historian pictures of Jonathan just d same way we've seen that of obama etc ? That guy has never been in the History of Nigeria. He just came out from nowhere with his imaginative shoeless story just to win us over. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!! dat dude is so smart.

PDP is the problem of Nigeria since 1999.

But There was a country o! I feel so sorry for Nigeria sha!

Quote me wrongly and you get infected with Ebola from the next handshake you receive.

19 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by holyboss: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Indeed dir was a country in d world

Boh that bihafra war pic I fear O undecided
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by fr3do(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:
Fixed!

smiley carry on!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by uzoexcel(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
yeah simple and better quality...sighs

@op pls remove the baifra genocidde pics...it turned my tummy lipsrsealed
#
theSpark: These pictures are great. Life was a lot simpler back then it seems.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
God bless our fatherland.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by lurge(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chai. Life was sweet in this country that time o.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by prophetone(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2014

Famous groundnut pyramids of Kano 1960s. This style of stacking protects the peanuts from insect damage.

The Ooni of Ife is one of the most respected monarchs in Nigeria. Here is the Ooni of Ife, His Royal Highness, Oba (Sir) Adesoji Tadeniawo Ayinla Aderemi, the Ooni of Ife. 1930 – 1980 in the 1940s.

Sir Ladapo Samuel Ademola II, the Alake (ruler) of Abeokuta (ruled 27 Sep 1920 - 27 Dec 1962) and his son, the 1st Chief Justice of the Federation of Nigeria (supreme court). Picture taken in 1959.

Irigwe dancers of Miango village, Jos Plateau. Among the Irigwe people, each ward of a village has a leading dance group. Dancers are selected on the basis of their dance ability. Senior members of the dance group carry an axe in the right hand and a cowtail switch in the left. The dance uniform of short trousers and a moulded cap of red felt was introduced in the early fifties.

Nigeria Airways Boeing 707 5N-ABk on a cargo adventure. Cologne, Germany, 1987.

Woman and child mat weaving, western Nigeria, 1960

Hausa 'Kirari' player Northern, Nigeria.

Here is a picture of a plane at the Ikeja airport, Nigeria in 1969. Notice the lagos sign in the background.

Throwback advert! Fans for N50.00.

Construction of the Kano-Lagos railway in progress near Kaduna in 1910.

6 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by shadrach77: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JjYG-ef8M

All state governors to report to the Chief of Staff, Supreme HDQ ! That post was so powerful. No wonder it was scrapped. Effectively, Idiagbon was the one ruling Nigeria. Buhari was just a stooge sad shocked cool

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Appswheel(m): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
[size=15pt]You love how these images are beautifully displayed? Same size.[/size]

Here is how to do it: A-Z of NAIRALAND EDITOR: HOW TO USE ALL THE TOOLS.

SOURCE
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ozodigboo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
I can'T believe this !
Where did this guy _ @ prophetone get all these pics from ?
This is my best thread so far.

4 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
And you got your information from?
shadrach77:

All state governors to report to the Chief of Staff, Supreme HDQ ! That post was so powerful. No wonder it was scrapped. Effectively, Idiagbon was the one ruling Nigeria. Buhari was just a stooge sad shocked cool
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by ednut1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
nice pics, but d yoruba palaces looks wack compared to hausas

4 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Suarezilla(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just speechless at these pictures...Once upon a time Nigeria was a good place to live. Well behaved, United leaders,unadultrated beauties,well kept environments....wat more can I say? Wish we never found crude oil?

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Ahmeduana(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
DecemberIV:

Bros an educated person will present evidence that general buhari is not a stallion of honesty instead, so we can know its a lie.
IT REMINDS ME OF 23 SUITCASES!

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Atigba: 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
nice pictures
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by gidjah(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ijawboi: There was a country.

But op, wad up wit dat buwahaahahari pishure, sup with the stallion of integrity and honesty bullcrap?
i may not be that old,i can recollect good memories of how i use to keep those pics way back.i got them from my fathers album.they omade me wanna go backto those good old days,what about you?AS FOR D buhari's picture,it must have bin posted by one of his diehard fan and an hausa one for that matter!how honourable could that man be for God SaKe? !

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by gidjah(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ijawboi: There was a country.

But op, wad up wit dat buwahaahahari pishure, sup with the stallion of integrity and honesty bullcrap?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by komek(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
That Christ Cathedral got my laughing out loud. That area was so cool in 1974. I see the reason why some pple will tell their other friends and brothers to go back to their regions cos they are spoiling their town. Lagos was really cool back then. That same area was where I got robbed in 2001. That area is so rough and with human traffic everyday. Nice job @OP.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by daramolaj1: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Like honestly, i feel like crying and wish It better I had come back then ......

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Efizzi: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
nice one @op
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Richiy: Ha!! See club like wedding reception. Lmao.

What is your second picture about ?

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Shine1177: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Memories.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by bangiskings: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
THERE IS A COUNTRY INDEED cry cry cry
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by naijamerican: 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
GEJ till 2019!!!

God bless Nigeria!

Carry Go with this Buhari propaganda nonsense.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Richiy(f): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
okparaugo:

What is your second picture about ?
Then and now.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Joshcoli(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Indeed there's time for everything
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by tbagjames(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:

Nigerian men and women dancing in a club.
Nigerian Men and Women cheating on their partners since 1914

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
alaoeri: Everything going on well not until the discovery of crude oil.
....n some parasites suddenly realised they've been putting on infra red shades not 2've known that they were born2rule...
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by robosky02(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
wow this is really amazing.
indeed its NIGERIA in pixs

wish we could go back to life on the values of old.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Suarezilla(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
odinma1: Lovely pics OP

Nigeria will regain her lost glory
I wish we wud but sadly it don't seem we wud as we keep going from bad to worse....I wish Nigeria wud b freed by d stronghold dat has held her down!.We wud hv been a great country but I think something went wrong along the line and here we are....stinky,smelly,dusty,stagnant,underdeveloped and just hopele.......
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by hiuser(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:
Christmas in 1923

The crew of the Nigerian Government steam yacht ''ivy'' This was taken during a trip from London to the Canary Islands in August/September 1904.

Genocide during the Biafran War.

Nigeria Airways flight at Kano Airport. The traditional honour of welcoming guests with a trumpeter was extended to the airport. 1970.

unmatched sovereignty

Our contestants from #Africa line up at their #London hotel before the 1967 Miss World beauty contest. From left to right, they are Miss Tanzania (Teresa Shayo), Miss Uganda (Rosemary Salmon), Miss Nigeria (Rosalind Balogun) and Miss Ghana (Araba Vroon).

Oba Ademuwagun Adesida II, the Deji (ruler) of Akure, on throne in courtyard of #Akure palace. The crown (ade) is the most important of all the Oba's regalia, and Obas wear their beaded veiled crowns on all ceremonial and religious occasions."

Workers carrying bags of groundnuts, Kano, Nigeria. The workers were mostly Hausa, they were paid from 7 to 10 shillings a day. The bags contain shelled peanuts. 1959

We may not have much! But we are #happy. The photograph depicts local #Yoruba farmer Michael Ige's and his family removing cocoa beans from pod, on the family farm.

Picture of Massey Street, Lagos, Nigeria. 1910s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Bianca Ojukwu Swimming As She Vacations In The Bahamas (Photos) / Peter Obi's Supporter Displays Gun, Threatens Whoever Votes Tinubu, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.