Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19250 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by biafranqueen: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
I have been wearing natural hair for 12 years and I met my husband with natural short hair.
I must admit that you attract a certain type of guy with natural short hair.
Usually he is more intelligent, loves to save money and is into simplicity such as wanting his women to to wear only a little make up, conservative dressing etc;
I must admit it men love natural hair White, Hispanic Asian especially they tell me how beautiful my hair is the women too but the men mostly not one day will go by they will not mention it. Yell it to me in Airport stop me in store at gas station the attention is too much in America but in 9ja they will be bugging me to do my hair.....

5 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

Loooool shower cap

Bathing is a delicate procedure for black women. grin

Lmao...thank the most high for mary kay and mac.

Else it'll be difficult to look at the faces of people who don't shower properly. grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
I want a black woman like this chic! Dammit!

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dangoteagent: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
To become a distributor of dangote cement call sales manager (RS scheme): 09024810323 or at sales.distributors.applcation@gmail.com
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Atmmachine(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
uzolexis:

my hrt bleeds at the level of your stu...pidity, what has living in Belgium or US got to do with this? Do you think living in the US makes you better than those living in Nigeria. My friend use ur brain it's not there for fancy.

#Your mouth stinks grin grin grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by mindurbiznes: 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
tongue

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...thank the most high for mary kay and mac.

Else it'll be difficult to look at the faces of people who don't shower properly. grin

Lol a guy needs to see a chic's face without make up before he makes a decision lest he discovers something he never bargained for grin

Because if a chic looks uglier in the morning, I'm out
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: I have been wearing natural hair for 12 years and I met my husband with natural short hair.
Usually he is more intelligent, loves to save money and is into simplicity such as wanting his women to to wear only a little make up, conservative dressing etc;

I must admit it men love natural hair White, Hispanic Asian especially they tell me how beautiful my hair is the women too but the men mostly not one day will go by they will not mention it. Yell it to me in Airport stop me in store at gas station the attention is too much in America but in 9ja they will be bugging me to do my hair.....

Word!!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
kalimera101: I didn't want to comment before, but Guys commenting "I hate fake hair " should please take several seats back.

I've noticed a lot of Nigerian guys can be hypocrites and still deny it.
I wear my natural hair and can you believe the comments I receive?
I went to a salon to braid my hair and the guy was asking me if I will relax it first.
In another shop, the guy said he won't touch it, it will take time to braid which he doesn't have same with the girls there.
The first day I wore my hair out, my neighbour met me just before I left my compound and laughed and said while laughing 'what the hell did you did to your hair?, is it that you don't have money to make it? Your hair looks like two rams fought on it.'
Also one day in a haste to get to a lecture, I quickly pulled on a wig and off to school after the lecture a friend of mine(male) said 'Nice Hair do today, better than your rough hair."
I laughed and told him it was a wig and just for today.

I bottled it in because I'm not my hair, Jesus and I love my natural hair.

So you guys here ranting
'ah, a girl with weaves or fake hair don't appeal to me'
me
' to make yourself sound like you've made a point.
How many of you have walked up to a girl wearing brazillian hair and it's likes and told her to her face 'girl, loose that fake hair and wear your natural Virgin hair'
Huh? How many of you have done that? So until then park well.

Not when a guy wants to fuwadu....I tell them when they wanna redo that shyte with my money.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

Oh!!! The comment was deleted, I just noticed.

I guess it did upset one or two people.

I wanted to rate it as like but couldn't find it.....
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kandiikane(m): 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

You leave the substance and instead grab unto something trivial. Whether I'm able to run my fingers or not, my point is I prefer natural hair.

Men don't spend their money on fake accessories which makes them look like something they're not.

I don't relate with the substance hence why I ignored it. You prefer natural hair good for you but that is not how majority of the public(black men) react to a lady with her natural hair out. The first time i cut off my permed hair to nothingness and went out, the first comment I heard was "wtf, did she do". Point is, people rave and rant online majority of the time but they will still flock to girls with Brazilian and peruvian hair, it makes no difference to many men out there. I am all for whatever floats your boat because in the end of it all when all is said and done during courting, that natural hair won't keep your relationship or marriage or even your job neither will the weave.

I don't know which world you live in but men spend a lot on accessories. I would go as far as saying on even more expensive stuff than women. With what I have seen, even on clothes men seem to spend more. On designer clothes, shoes watches, sun glasses etc. Even cars men spend shyt loads on them. I mean, you can buy a car for a grand or maximum £5000 and it will still work but you see people buying cars for 40grand just to show off. Recently, the male grooming industry has been booming, not just the women's. Everyone has something they would spend ridiculous amounts of money on, women is hair and makeup etc and men, their cars for example, these make them feel good. It had nothing to do with emulating another race or culture. I have spent more maintaining my natural hair than on extensions and believe me the extensions are never cheap.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
ferdimako:
Not when a guy wants to fuwadu....I tell them when they wanna redo that shyte with my money.

Na so
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kandiikane(m): 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

Word!!

You ignored her last part about people bugging her to do her hair in naija. I guess if more men start appreciating the natural hair of black women then we would have more women rocking their afros confidently.

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex: I want a black woman like this chic! Dammit!

Tell her when you see her with the real hair. Not here.

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: I have been wearing natural hair for 12 years and I met my husband with natural short hair.
I relate with you on the bugging you to do your hair part.

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

Lol a guy needs to see a chic's face without make up before he makes a decision lest he discovers something he never bargained for grin

Because if a chic looks uglier in the morning, I'm out

Which chic doesn't even look uglier in the morning these days? Make up changed the game forever and it will be difficult to see what a chic looks like without sleepovers and more time most of them don't like sleeping over till you get caught up in the matrix and you can't really shut the door straight up.

These chics need to stop running from water and learn how to shower properly.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
kalimera101:

Tell her when you see her with the real hair. Not here.

Chics with real hair look exotic because it gives the scarce type of beauty most guys don't see that often.

When I meet her, I will tell her and give her a big ring lol.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by biafranqueen: 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
kalimera101:
I relate with you on the bugging you to do your hair part.
hahaha my Inlaw will say Nne my wife is going to the saloon I will pay follow her. I will tell him my hair is good like this Nna its ok you work for my husband so I can pay jeez! hahha They will call it bush meet trap our women have gotten better in the last 5 years it use to be war when I had locs and they were beautiful all the way to my arse.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
kandiikane:

You ignored her last part about people bugging her to do her hair in naija. I guess if more men start appreciating the natural hair of black women then we would have more women rocking their afros confidently.
but u suffer d itchiness... not showering all year. Staining d bed spreads and pillow cases. Haba...u still need men to figure those out?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by mindurbiznes: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
sad
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Which chic doesn't even look uglier in the morning these days? Make up changed the game forever and it will be difficult to see what a chic looks like without sleepovers and more time most of them don't like sleeping over till you get caught up in the matrix and you can't really shut the door straight up.

hahaha...d reverse of a duck to water.hahaha...crazy!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: hahaha my Inlaw will say Nne my wife is going to the saloon I will pay follow her. I will tell him my hair is good like this Nna its ok you work for my husband so I can pay jeez! hahha They will call it bush meet trap our women have gotten better in the last 5 years it use to be war when I had locs and they were beautiful all the way to my arse.

I'm scared of Locs cuz I'll have to cut my hair. I want my natural to grow and grow rapunzel style lol.

I even forgot how guys will scrunch their face like sh't when they see a girl with locs and side comment that the hair stinks.
Smh.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
THIS IS WHAT I WAS STILL SAYING SOME DAYS AGO...THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE DIRECTLY TAKE OUT I
OF OUR ECONOMY YEARLY ON FOOD AND COSMETICS ALONE ( WHICH RARELY COMES BACK INTO THE COUNTRY) IS SO SO SO SO RESPONSIBLE 4 INFLATIONS AND CONSTANT ECONOMIC RETARDED GROWTH JUST IMAGINE.... NIGERIA WOULD HAVE LIKE 1/3 OF THAT AMOUNT AND I HEARD WE SPEND LIKE $4.7 BILLION IMPORTING RICE YEARLY

IT IS PATHETIC

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kandiikane(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
ferdimako:
but u suffer d itchiness... not showering all year. Staining d bed spreads and pillow cases. Haba...u still need men to figure those out?

What are you talking about? You think I am you? The average naija guy stinks to high heavens, I found that out on the plane there.

Disclaimer:if you aren't the average naija guy nor quote Me. grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
kandiikane:

What are you talking about? You think I am you? The average naija guy stinks to high heavens, I found that out on the plane there.

Disclaimer:if you aren't the average naija guy nor quote Me. grin
If u don't shower properly because of fake hair...u stink the most. Fake hairs all over place.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kandiikane(m): 12:03am On Aug 13, 2014
ferdimako:
If u don't shower properly because of fake hair...u stink the most. Fake hairs all over place.

Stop talking nonsense! How does wearing extensions stop you from showering?

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 13, 2014
I have natural hair. It's only in Nigeria that it actually confuses people.

"Why don't you want to relax your hair?" Err. I need a reason?

"Let me relax it for you just a little first." Bítch, no! I've been natural for years, and you want me on the creamy crack again??

"I can't do this style with natural hair." *side-eye* Stop lying, lazyass. I did the same style last month.

^^^ And I only ever get this from African women. Guys trip for natural hair. Especially white guys, though I hate when they try to touch it. -_-

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 13, 2014
I have long bushy hair but i still fix weavons tongue tongue
I want to cut it because its not equal and discolouration. Thanks to relaxers.
My dad hates extensions ,says it makes a woman look older than her age.Mum is on low cut.

5 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2014
Btw, my hair is the softest when I'm in Nigeria.

Here, the weather is cold and dry, and I have to constantly moisturize.

But my body was obviously made for Africa. My skin is smoother and clearer, and my hair gets soooo soft ♡♡♡

I even gain weight lol

Black hair is supposed to be the way it is.

5 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 13, 2014
I hope your girlfriend doesn't use extensions because I have taken note of your hatred for it undecided

50calibre:

Word!!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 12:17am On Aug 13, 2014
SirShymex:

Loool true talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Singer Waje Celebrates Her Easter With Astonishing Pictures / I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure. / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.