Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19268 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 12:19am On Aug 13, 2014
[qu

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 12:19am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya: I have natural hair. It's only in Nigeria that it actually confuses people.

"Why don't you want to relax your hair?" Err. I need a reason?

"Let me relax it for you just a little first." Bítch, no! I've been natural for years, and you want me on the creamy crack again??

"I can't do this style with natural hair." *side-eye* Stop lying, lazyass. I did the same style last month.

^^^ And I only ever get this from African women. Guys trip for natural hair. Especially white guys, though I hate when they try to touch it. -_-

Lolz. especially at the B*tch No. I get that too. One girl was braiding my hair and kept complaining. 'ah auntie, this your hair thick oh. Just relax am small na'
Um, thanks but no thanks I thought and smiled mischievously

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 13, 2014
Nigerian guy:

[7/2, 12:42 AM] ***: That hairdo is everything! Can I ask for your hair's hand in marriage?
[7/2, 12:50 AM] *** But wait, you get paid for taking stunning selfies in the office?
[7/2, 6:47 AM] Me: Lol I was at a hair salon
You like my natural hair? 
[7/2, 11:12 AM] ***: That's your natural hair? Well, damn. It's lovely.
[7/2, 11:13 AM] Me: Yayyy thank you
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 13, 2014
kalimera101:

Lolz. especially at the B*tch No. I get that too. One girl was braiding my hair and kept complaining. 'ah auntie, this your hair thick oh. Just relax am small na'
Um, thanks but no thanks I thought and smiled mischievously

Loool every time grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 12:22am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya: Btw, my hair is the softest when I'm in Nigeria.

Here, the weather is cold and dry, and I have to constantly moisturize.

But my body was obviously made for Africa. My skin is smoother and clearer, and my hair gets soooo soft ♡♡♡

I even gain weight lol

Black hair is supposed to be the way it is.

no disrespect buh I read something u wrote about Nigeria American... Nigeria and America.... so u repping naija here buh der u say u dey represent Yankee

MIA CONFUSED

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 13, 2014
dellaziz:

no disrespect buh I read something u wrote about Nigeria American... Nigeria and America.... so u repping naija here buh der u say u dey represent Yankee

MIA CONFUSED

I'm a born diasporan.

There are millions of Nigerians all over the world. We represent the countries of our birth, that raised us, but we are very patriotic Nigerians as well (usually).

There are several other diasporans on this very website.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 12:35am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm a born diasporan.

There are millions of Nigerians all over the world. We represent the countries of our birth, that raised us, but we are very patriotic Nigerians as well (usually).

There are several other diasporans on this very website.

no yawa...... buh u fit speak any naija lingua

P.S POST UR PIX MAKE WE C IF U SEF GET MAMI WATER PACKAGING...
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 13, 2014
*let me say it like my lil niece* tan tyu (thank you) smiley

dellaziz:

I SWEAR NOBODY FIT TELL ME SAY U NO B MAMI WATER PACKAGING... NO LIE FROM THE YANSH OF MY HEART... U LOOK GORGEOUS AND R.E.A.L JUS LIKE HOW MAMA AFRICA SUPPOSE BE

BIG UPS
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2014
[q
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Stillfire: 12:46am On Aug 13, 2014
This research is very very deceptive. It doesn't matter if you are natural, relaxed or you wear extensions, you would still spend some ridiculous amount to make your hair except you just go for a bald, cropped look or loc your hair. God knows I can never loc my hair though.

Don't be deceived to think you would spend less if you go natural, in fact natural products are even more expensive. Companies have taken advantage of the fact that more and more black women are going natural. Relaxer sales have decreased over the past 5years by at least 26%. I won't be surprised this research is funded by some white company (who sell relaxers and is not happy about its low sales) with an agenda to monopolize natural hair product sales, the way the Koreans did with weaves while black people slept on something they consumed. The world is moving onto natural hair, so Black entrepreneurs need to invest now in natural hair before some group steals and monopolizes this lucrative business.

I still have my wig handy on one of those illegal days of bad hair though. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 12:51am On Aug 13, 2014
kandiikane:
You ignored her last part about people bugging her to do her hair in naija. I guess if more men start appreciating the natural hair of black women then we would have more women rocking their afros confidently.

kandiikane:

I don't relate with the substance hence why I ignored it. You prefer natural hair good for you but that is not how majority of the public(black men) react to a lady with her natural hair out. The first time i cut off my permed hair to nothingness and went out, the first comment I heard was "wtf, did she do". Point is, people rave and rant online majority of the time but they will still flock to girls with Brazilian and peruvian hair, it makes no difference to many men out there. I am all for whatever floats your boat because in the end of it all when all is said and done during courting, that natural hair won't keep your relationship or marriage or even your job neither will the weave.

I don't know which world you live in but men spend a lot on accessories. I would go as far as saying on even more expensive stuff than women. With what I have seen, even on clothes men seem to spend more. On designer clothes, shoes watches, sun glasses etc. Even cars men spend shyt loads on them. I mean, you can buy a car for a grand or maximum £5000 and it will still work but you see people buying cars for 40grand just to show off. Recently, the male grooming industry has been booming, not just the women's. Everyone has something they would spend ridiculous amounts of money on, women is hair and makeup etc and men, their cars for example, these make them feel good. It had nothing to do with emulating another race or culture. I have spent more maintaining my natural hair than on extensions and believe me the extensions are never cheap.

Men still flock to women with Brazilian hair, Peruvian hair and the likes because they have no choice. Choosing not to approach women with weave means automatically eliminating more than 90% of potential partners, narrowing your pool to a very small minority.

Besides, fake or real hair doesn't determine a person's personality, however, it would be nice to see black women do away with fake hair and embrace their natural hair. Most men dont want their wife's confidence tied to a weave.

What men spend on grooming accessories is in no way compared to what women spend. Now let me tell you, my aunt deals in these fake weaves (brazillian, Peruvian, bla, bla, bla) she's a major supplier of weave in London, she has a registered business (built on fake weave) which advertisrs on a dedicated African Tv channel, even her car has the fake weave company name & logo emblazoned on it, and I've witnessed first hand how much some women are willing to spend on that crap.

A single packet of that fake hair (which I can grab on one palm) can easily cost £300, the sizes vary and most time, these women have to buy 2,3,4 to fill up their hair, demand is sky high, Some even ask for credit. It's pure madness.

Cars are a different story all together, women buy expensive cars as well besides buying expensive cars are not the same as spending a lot of money in buying accessories which alter your looks and makes you look like something you're not.

Nigeria is the home of inferiority complex, anything goes, bleaching, fake weave, fake accent.... Anything
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 13, 2014
My dimples is on my bombom grin and yea I have what my brothers call window teeth just to annoy me but that was when we were kids. smiley

dellaziz:
Lol. is Ur lil niece Chinese TAN TYU... buh to. complete u get dimples or sexy gap teeth :-)
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: I hope your girlfriend doesn't use extensions because I have taken note of your hatred for it undecided

I hate it but I've learnt to tolerate it.

However I won't be bother with details about it, as I'm not interested.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 13, 2014
angry angry

OdenigboAroli:

Sup,hommie....Dejavu,init?
Hang around lets feed these embarrassment of women the truth they hate to hear.
Which is that black woman hate her hair and will anything humanly possible just to dorn the white woman's hair and only then and then does her confidence returns.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: I hope your girlfriend doesn't use extensions because I have taken note of your hatred for it undecided

Chai,ogu adiro ebe aya anu....lol
I don enter one chance...lol
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:02am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: angry angry

Hahahahahahahahahaha......Adanne,I still love you but I have problem with fake white woman's hair.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 13, 2014
Like someone said earlier,its boring being on your natural hair all the time and it is still expensive to maintain especially for those with stubborn hair like mine. No matter the amount or type of relaxer I use,it can never be relaxed and the embarrassment comes when I go for braiding only to be charged heavily just because my hair is bushy and long!! undecided

OdenigboAroli:

Hahahahahahahahahaha......Adanne,I still love you but I have problem with fake white woman's hair.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 1:14am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: My dimples is on my bombom grin and yea I have what my brothers call window teeth just to annoy me but that was when we were kids. smiley

Lol... na findow we dey call am dat time.. OK u get dat ibadi dimples....bombom gangan or... forget tori
buh I guess u use ileke idi ( waist beads)
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 1:25am On Aug 13, 2014
50calibre:

Men still flock to women with Brazilian hair, Peruvian hair and the likes because they have no choice. Choosing not to approach women with weave means automatically eliminating more than 90% of potential partners, narrowing your pool to a very small minority.

Besides, fake or real hair doesn't determine a person's personality, however, it would be nice to see black women do away with fake hair and embrace their natural hair. Most men dont want their wife's confidence tied to a weave.

What men spend on grooming accessories is in no way compared to what women spend. Now let me tell you, my aunt deals in these fake weaves (brazillian, Peruvian, bla, bla, bla) she's a major supplier of weave in London, she has a registered business (built on fake weave) which advertisrs on a dedicated African Tv channel, even her car has the fake weave company name & logo emblazoned on it, and I've witnessed first hand how much some women are willing to spend on that crap.

A single packet of that fake hair (which I can grab on one palm) can easily cost £300, the sizes vary and most time, these women have to buy 2,3,4 to fill up their hair, demand is sky high, Some even ask for credit. It's pure madness.

Cars are a different story all together, women buy expensive cars as well besides buying expensive cars are not the same as spending a lot of money in buying accessories which alter your looks and makes you look like something you're not.

Nigeria is the home of inferiority complex, anything goes, bleaching, fake weave, fake accent.... Anything

I'm sorry, I believe the bolded is false.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 13, 2014
So ileke idi means waist beads... I see
Anyway I don't use it,never liked it.

dellaziz:
Lol... na findow we dey call am dat time.. OK u get dat ibadi dimples....bombom gangan or... forget tori
buh I guess u use ileke idi ( waist beads)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:52am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: So ileke idi means waist beads... I see
Anyway I don't use it,never liked it.

Waist beads are sexy and they make a girl appear mysterious and seductive.
Try it.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by HandOfChukwu: 1:54am On Aug 13, 2014
99% of black men around the world are against weave, so who exactly are you African women trying to impress by wearing weave?

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 13, 2014
No. Thanks!

OdenigboAroli:

Waist beads are sexy and they make a girl appear mysterious and seductive.
Try it.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:11am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: No. Thanks!

Why ?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Ladystewie: lol
okay personally, you don't like weaves
you like your woman natural
but do you know it's not easy to care for natural nappy hair?
it gets tangled and it's not easy to comb
that's why most women use weaves anyway
for variety

It is very easy to comb. It is called conditioner lol. If you want more tips go on YouTube and watch many natural hair videos. You will be amazed on how simple your hair routine will become.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Truckpusher(m): 2:20am On Aug 13, 2014
datalossvictim1:

It is very easy to comb. It is called conditioner lol. If you want more tips go on YouTube and watch many natural hair videos. You will be amazed on how simple your hair routine will become.
I read your diary cheesy
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 13, 2014
I dont have any problem with my hair
I'm talking about nappy hair in general
It is quite a struggle to comb it
datalossvictim1:

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 13, 2014
It looks fetish.

OdenigboAroli:

Why ?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Ladystewie: I dont have any problem with my hair
I'm talking about nappy hair in general
It is quite a struggle to comb it

Yeah and I'm telling you that it is not so much a struggle. It's just ignorance. Some women with thick curls don't want to learn about their hair. All I hear is complaints. Some black women will be shocked at how easy it is to brush their hair when they educate themselves on it.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 13, 2014
Truckpusher: I read your diary cheesy

Lol cheesy congrats. Thanks smiley
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 13, 2014
really? hmmm
Youtube tutorials you say?
I'll be sure to spread the word
Any particular video or tutorial?
datalossvictim1:

Yeah and I'm telling you that it is not so much a struggle. It's just ignorance. Some women with thick curls don't want to learn about their hair. All I hear is complaints. People will be shocked at how easy it is to brush their hair when they educate themselves on it.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 13, 2014
nice hair by the way smiley
datalossvictim1:

Yeah and I'm telling you that it is not so much a struggle. It's just ignorance. Some women with thick curls don't want to learn about their hair. All I hear is complaints. Some black women will be shocked at how easy it is to brush their hair when they educate themselves on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fabrics! Fabrics!! Fabrics!!! / I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure. / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.