Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

#Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? (4879 Views)

Mrs Osinbajo Welcomes Miss Teen Nigeria Into Her Home (Photos) / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Giannakopoulos(f): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
The girl that disrespected my country and my leaders,she should broadcast what is happening in her country,most Africans tend to forget their roots just because of inferiority complex,they should learn from the great Mr Obama.

3 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
AZeD1:
Too many educated illiterates here on Nairaland and if they had a little sense, they'd know

1) She works for an organisation and she doesn't assign stories to herself
2) She just finished covering the US-Africa summit where she interviewed the Liberian vice president.

I don't even care if it was Christina Amanpour that was assigned the Chibok assignment.

Why is Isha Sessay even an issue to be focused on.. the girls are still missing. If the government had properly secured Nigerians, Chibok wouldn't be a topic for discussion.

Sessay did what millions of Nigerians are itching to do which is grill the government without fear.

This thread is useless in every sphere.

#BringOurGirlsBack..

#StopFocusingOnSesay...

2 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by AZeD1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

I don't even care if it was Christina Amanpour that was assigned the Chibok assignment.

Why is Isha Sessay even an issue to be focused on.. the girls are still missing. If the government had properly secured Nigerians, Chibok wouldn't be a topic for discussion.

Sessay did what millions of Nigerians are itching to do which is grill the government without fear.

This thread is useless in every sphere.

#BringOurGirlsBack..

#StopFocusingOnSesay...
Those focusing on Isha are GEJ supporters who are annoyed because she outed GEJ to the world

1 Like

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by masseratti: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Giannakopoulos: The girl that disrespected my country and my leaders,she should broadcast what is happening in her country,most Africans tend to forget their roots just because of inferiority complex,they should learn from the great Mr Obama.
one word from my roots OPONU

2 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Lemme get something straigth..

Are you saying what Sesay did in Nigeria during the start of the Chibok crisis meant nothing because of the Ebola Virus?!

Okay.. Lets reason together;

1. Ebola is a disease. The best that can be done in the past prior to the discovery of the existence of a trial drug was to educate people on how to stay safe.

2. Chibok Crisis was a Kidnapping of young school girls who were preparing for their SSCE. The region of Chibok prior to the kidnappinghad faced constant attacks and the Government had failed to protect them. Until Miss Sesay came in and tackled the Government with hard hitting questions, NO OTHER NIGERIAN MEDIA OUTFIT HAD DARED QUESTION THE GOVERNMENTS DELAYED RESPONSE TO THE ISSUE.

3. Ebola is invincible.. Boko Haram is Visible and has an identifiable face.

4. For Ebola, there seems to be hope of light at the end of the tunnel with the drug MZapp.. For the 200 Plus Chibok girls, their fate as we speak is as good as 0.000000001 percent. Let me put it in better perspective for you;

A Nigerian Graduate can barely survive 3 weeks of NYSC Camp... How do you think these Chibok Girls have fared in the Jungle or wherever they are with none of the things that NYSC campers take for granted?!

Mind you NYSC is 3 Weeks.. Chibok Girls were Kidnapped on the 15th of April 2014.. 15th if August would make it 4 Months in captivity.

5. Yes Sesay was a little unprofessional in her interviews with the Government, but I can bet you that if your child were a part of the 200, you wouldnt be 'corteous' when you meet with the Government.

I think this thread reeks of pure foolishness and speaks worse of the OP than of Isha Sessay. The Parents of those 200 Plus girls would love to have their daughters next to them whilst they figure out how to survive this Ebola outbreak. Whilst the rest of Nigeria is bothered about just Ebola and Boko Haram IEDs, those Chibok parents are still not protected, still without their daughters for over 3 months, also afraid of IEDs and now also have to protect themselves from Ebola.

Sesay did not have to do shiit about the Chibok issue. Maybe if Channels and AIT and co were not too busy being Loyal to the government, maybe if we Nigerians had mounted pressure on the Government from the onset, maybe if we were all as aggressive as Sesay when this Chibok thing happened, 200 plus girls would not be missing.

Mukina and Seun, its okay to attract traffic to your site, but foolishness such as this should not be tolerated.

The Gods are Wise.. Ebola is Real.[/right]

NO BE YOUR PEOPLE?
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by masseratti: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
maestroferddi: You are not making sense at all. I will not join you in the display of unconscionably low IQ. You are implying that Isha needs to be ubiquitous across different CNN bureaus to make an impact. Do I blame you? Maybe you have not work in a structure organisation before and such doesn't know jack about corporate governance. Or maybe your liliputian-sized thinking faculty cannot fathom the possibility that her involvement as per the CNN brand can galvanise other media genres to bring the issue to the front-burner...
Hmmmmm.,fascinating,i never thought it out like that,you are very right in every aspect,she should have lunched a campaign in the organisation or is it structure,she should have demanded that for the Ebola issue to be on the front and rear burner in fact they should report nothing else but Ebola 24/7,that will be very effective and it will stop Ebola on its tracks.OPONU of the highest order people are dying of Ebola even in your own country it's the young lady you are calling out...sisi,

Do you have an idea of what you just wrote up there? galvanised other media genres? WTF us that,you trying to impress some one or what?
Go back to Webster and try harder....i will be waiting.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Gbawe: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Waspy: OMG, Dafuq sad sad. The innocent beauty came for her professional duties as it demanded, and of course, she did perfectly well. Why all the hate like..... she's the enemy of the state, as if Shekau and dem corrupt politicians don die finish?
SMH... for this generation, so full of NEGATIVE ENERGY and BITTERNESS. Soon now dem go turn am to Nigeria Vs Liberia/ Sierra Leone beef
I tire for una oo
angry angry angry angry

Indeed. Nigerians online just come across as a sad, frustrated, negative and bitter people these days. Imagine targeting Sesay hatefully for doing her job exposing the indolence and callousness of Nigerian Political leaders.Was any lies told against our worthless leaders? Did Sesay kill anyone, the way Shekau has killed many, or did her action/inaction, as is the case for our worthless politicians, lead to the death of many innocent Nigerians?

To then be calling her out spitefully because her Country of origin is struggling with an Ebola outbreak is unbelievably vindictive. Some people are so far gone in hate they don't realise it is their fellow human beings dying horribly. It is obvious these days that many Nigerians are very unhappy and just lashing out at anything and anyone without the balls to take on their real oppressors and tormentors.

2 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Gbawe: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
AZeD1:
Those focusing on Isha are GEJ supporters who are annoyed because she outed GEJ to the world

Precisely. These people give Nigeria a bad image lately with how they never pause to think before they transfer blanket hatred and malevolent aggression to any individual or nation perceived to have criticised their messiah or shown him in a bad light. These people are the epitome of clannish zeal and their readiness for mindless hatred knows no bounds of decency. Whether it is an accomplished and respected individual like Soyinka, much liked and dutiful professionals like Sesay and Amanpour, President Obama, PM David Cameron, USA, UK or even the Pope, anybody/any Nation is worth insulting and cursing once they have 'crossed' messiah GEJ. Never mind the goodness of those people/nation. The anger of these GEJ fans is scary ala ALUU style.

I was shocked the unprintable names fans of GEJ were calling the USA and Obama since last year till now. They shouted that America should "get lost" and "we don't need you because China is our new pal" merely because America criticised corruption under GEJ and made negative comments on how Nigeria is being run. Even last week they swore at Obama on this forum with so much shocking vitriol. Now imagine the hypocrisy of these mindless touts now begging the USA for the experimental Ebola cure? They have already taken to the net to castigate Obama and the USA for not 'giving the black man the cure' not remembering that (1) the USA owes us nothing and Obama does not lead for Nigeria plus (2) this is the same America and Obama who have been the object of non-stop insult from GEJ fan merely for criticising the sort of leadership indolence that led to this deplorable situation where a deadly disease plaguing Africa can only be defeated by a drug developed in a proactive and focused nation that plans ahead and faces what is important while our leaders ignore their duties to focus on looting and strategising to perpetuate themselves in power.

This attack on Sesay, once again, shows the worthless focus of the black man that leaves him, in a modern age of ideas, unable to provide solutions to his own problems. Tragic. At a time like this, when we should be looking at the hideous failure of our leaders and holding them accountable some some fools prefer to witch-hunt A journalist doing her job while ignoring our leaders who did not do same. Would all the money GEJ and co have looted not be enough to fund world-class research that would have found cures and effective therapies for much of the conditions, such as Ebola and Malaria, that uniquely plague Africans? Tragic.

4 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Isha sesay exposed their ineptitude and they got angry. They could have avoided all that embarrassment if they had done the right thing. Fools.

1 Like

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
AZeD1: If someone paid school fees for you, please return it all with a 1000% interest because you obviously learnt nothing.

Isha is British and last we heard, no case of Ebola has been reported in Britain.

Here is a link to her a twitter page https://twitter.com/IshaSesayCNN

Stop showing your ignorance to the world.

Bros, you are the ignorant person here

When the Ebola shiit started, She said that Ebola is far from are parents and that she's not happy about the situation, I watched on TV
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by AZeD1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
smackimorn:

Bros, you are the ignorant person here

When the Ebola shiit started, She said that Ebola is far from are parents and that she's not happy about the situation, I watched on TV
Read my post again.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Gbawe: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
django1: Isha sesay exposed their ineptitude and they got angry. They could have avoided all that embarrassment if they had done the right thing. Fools.

Indeed. Even this thread is testimony to their angry and vindictive nature. Spiting Sesay over Ebola in her nation of origin is incredibly stupid considering what our populous nation is facing containing the disease. You can see how evil these Jonathanians are with how their hate knows no bound and is even self-destructive. The clowns don't even see what we are facing before attempting to taunt Sesay. Senseless people with minds destroyed by hate and bigotry.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by maestroferddi: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
masseratti: Hmmmmm.,fascinating,i never thought it out like that,you are very right in every aspect,she should have lunched a campaign in the organisation or is it structure,she should have demanded that for the Ebola issue to be on the front and rear burner in fact they should report nothing else but Ebola 24/7,that will be very effective and it will stop Ebola on its tracks.OPONU of the highest order people are dying of Ebola even in your own country it's the young lady you are calling out...sisi,

Do you have an idea of what you just wrote up there? galvanised other media genres? WTF us that,you trying to impress some one or what?
Go back to Webster and try harder....i will be waiting.
Good. I am sure next time you would be more circumspect...
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
AZeD1:
Read my post again.

Kiss ma azz
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by mencade5(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
op ishay na my crush. I too like her fine face.

Right now on cnn she is talking about ebola is sierra leone.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Tolexander: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
okparaugo:

What is the difference ? Victims of Ebola and Boko haram are humanbeings..
i don hear!
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Kalvan500: 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Waspy: OMG, Dafuq sad sad. The innocent beauty came for her professional duties as it demanded, and of course, she did perfectly well. Why all the hate like..... she's the enemy of the state, as if Shekau and dem corrupt politicians don die finish?

SMH... for this generation, so full of NEGATIVE ENERGY and BITTERNESS. Soon now dem go turn am to Nigeria Vs Liberia/ Sierra Leone beef
I tire for una oo angry angry angry angry

Are you clueless?! Don't you know it's a Sin to do your Job in Nigeria??!! grin

3 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Gbawe: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Kalvan500:
Are you clueless?! Don't you know it's a Sin to do your Job in Nigeria??!! grin

grin grin grin grin grin Abi OOOO.

2 Likes

Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Kalvan500: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin Abi OOOO.

grin
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Sibrah: 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
APC created Ebola i guess.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
AZeD1:

I am a GEJ supporter, but His handling of the Chibok kidnap would forever remain one of the lowest points of his presidency.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by eddiebomba(m): 1:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Gbawe:

Indeed. Nigerians online just come across as a sad, frustrated, negative and bitter people these days. Imagine targeting Sesay hatefully for doing her job exposing the indolence and callousness of Nigerian Political leaders.Was any lies told against our worthless leaders? Did Sesay kill anyone, the way Shekau has killed many, or did her action/inaction, as is the case for our worthless politicians, lead to the death of many innocent Nigerians?

To then be calling her out spitefully because her Country of origin is struggling with an Ebola outbreak is unbelievably vindictive. Some people are so far gone in hate they don't realise it is their fellow human beings dying horribly. It is obvious these days that many Nigerians are very unhappy and just lashing out at anything and anyone without the balls to take on their real oppressors and tormentors.

That's because Nigerians are so ENSLAVED in their minds - a general closed - mindedness & lack of emotional intelligence. Whoever said that Nigerians are the happiest people on the face of the earth just sold us a first - class, low - down rotten LIE -cos we ain't happy , & you're right, we're so, so frustrated &abusive! Look at the way we treat each other on the roads as a good example; we drive just anyhow without regard for the rules of the road, & we're so abusive toward other drivers at the slightest inconvenience - & then when LASTMA or Frsc clamp down on us, we start claiming rights which we're too selfish to give to our fellow drivers! & we're also so touchy -any less than complimentary mention of Nigeria is met with defensive vindictiveness & bigoted but false patriotism. Our attitude towards each other generally stinks - is it any wonder we're attacking isha sesay just for doing her job? it seems more like a cheap shot back from people whose ineptitude has been exposed to the world & are just desperate to save face any way they can - even to the point of slander.
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
okparaugo:

The bolded should be her next assignment...

Writing CNN an email now.

Why? What did I do?
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Izunwa(m): 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
The smallie dey my house tongue . Anyone that wants to get her must pass thru muah. Isha the kekere, hide inside that carton under my bed, let me take care of the situation. No dey there begin run ya mouth now oo cheesy
Re: #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
TOO MANY I\D\I\O\T\S ON THIS THREADsad

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Of Douglas Road, Owerri Today After Sanitation(pics) / Former Ghanian President, Jerry john Rawlings Reportedly Dead At 69 / Nigerians Touring Baro Port In Niger State (Pictures & video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.