Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance (31875 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Titiluvly: na u 4get me o...lol...swty how u doin? Its bin a while..
am xool dear, n u?
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=toploo][/quote] How do i face reality? Please explain yourself better.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by dnawah(m): 3:26am On Aug 09, 2014
marshalfire: I think this issue has gotten out of hands.We only need God's intervention for it to be curtailed. pure moral hygiene required as well.
god of salt of God of Israel?
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by fils1(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2014
Donbabaj: Ebola not greater than my God! If God says is not yet time for me to die then why should i fear any Ebola.

We are at the end time and the time the happenings in the world will make people move closer to God!
iii

I agree with you
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by merci22: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
God, we are in your Hands ooooooooooooo
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by Ekundayo7: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nonybb: Ebola Patient would start getting cure when White Elites in UK, US, Australia, Canada and India got infected. For now its an African Disease and Pharmaceutical Companies wouldnt profit from the Drug until there is a large lethal cases available, then the Drug would sell considerably. For now Africa is a Case study to taste its scourge level and then Capitalist would lobby WHO to assist them. The Capitalist are in corroboration with Pharmaceutical Companies. Billions would be made from the Deal and Zmapp would be available. By then it would be cheap, not because the Capitalist have subsidize it out of generosity, but because it had Profited huge billions from WHO deal it had with it. The world is a capitalist nation
[size=18pt]Shut up and educate yourself! https://www.nairaland.com/1849781/why-white-americans-got-secret
Turn your misguided hatred and energy to learning how to deal with ebola. If your sorry a33 is not in Nigeria than SHUT THE FECK UP and stop adding more fuel to an already out of control fire. This is not a game. People are scared and need REAL INFORMATION. NOT PERSONAL OPINION RANTS OVER THE "POWERS THAT BE". FOR YOUR INFORMATION, ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL CDC, THEY WERE ONLY ABOUT 8 DOSES OF ZMAPP AVAILABLE AT THE TIME THE AMERICAN DOCTORS CONTRACTED EBOLA. READ READ READ THIS ARTICLE AND SIMMER THE H E L L DOWN AND STOP SPREADING NASTINESS AND START TRYING TO HELP A BAD SITUATION.
ZMapp is an enhanced version of MB-003, which was developed in conjunction with the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID). MB-003 consists of three monoclonal—artificially produced—antibodies that proved capable of both deactivating the Ebola virus and tagging it for attack by the victim’s immune system.

A year ago this month, USAMRIID and Mapp announced the results of a study involving Rhesus monkeys that would have caused a sensation had we not been in a long lull between Ebola outbreaks. MB-003 protected 100 percent of the monkeys when administered an hour after exposure and two-thirds of those given the drug 48 hours after exposure.

“We were able to use MB-003 as a true therapeutic countermeasure,” USAMIID virologist Gene Olinger said when the results were announced.

James Pettitt, the study’s lead author, said he and his colleagues would be working with Canadian researchers who had devised a different antibody cocktail. The immediate aim would be to devise the most effective mixture of MB-003 and the Canadian compound and test it in additional monkeys, along with the best dose.

The combination was called ZMAPP. The ultimate results are said to have been even more promising than with MB-003 alone. But Ebola did not seem an imminent threat, and there was no scramble to produce more of the stuff than would be needed for animal toxicity testing and eventually the first human trials, which USAMIID expected to take between five to 10 years.

The federal Centers for Disease Control estimates that there were no more than eight doses of ZMapp in existence when Samaritan's Purse sought some. Three doses were flown to Liberia. Two were given to Writebol and one to Brantly, who was repeatedly also given a transfusion of blood from a 14-year-old survivor he had treated.

The two stricken Americans were flown to Atlanta, and Brantly in particular seemed to be on the mend. Governments of the affected countries in West African began inquiring about Zmapp. U.S. scientists cautioned that the drug had not yet proven to be as beneficial to humans as it apparently was to monkeys.

“We don’t know if it is effective,” Dr. Heinz Feldmann of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease told The Daily Beast. “We don’t have enough even if it was effective.”

People, carry your hand sanitizer, bleach, or aqueous solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. If you feel better, use medical grade examination gloves which can be bought in almost any pharmacy. Once again, in order to be infected you must have contact with the bodily fluids of someone infected: sneezing, vomiting, urine, feces, sweat, bodily fluids. WASH and SANITIZE all public area items you must touch or wear gloves. A mask that covers nose and mouth would not be a bad idea if traveling in large crowds. Prevention is priceless over concern how you will be perceived by the public[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by chozkiel(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
pics pls
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by jpphilips(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
SicilyNaija: Senegal and guinea have a common boundary but yet there is no case of Ebola in there country

proactive thinking from a sane govt, unlike the ebola wearing fvcktard his fellow dvmb fvcks want in Aso rock till 2099.
They have some people in quarrantine though.

1 Like

Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by jpphilips(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tizak:
Sweetheart, I will not bring myself down to the level of insulting you to get my points across.

This is not an issue of laziness, but of problem solving. The whites only have the solutions because they have been working with Ebola for a while. Also, they have better trained and experienced staff to handle such a dangerous and monumental disease. Do you think any indigenous company will not have started selling vaccines if they had it? At the moment, we are incapable of helping ourselves, so we must get our help from elsewhere.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is this: if the situation was reversed and we were hoarding the cure for profit reasons, do you think there will even be a discussion about the correctness or otherwise of my suggestion? The CIA would have long done the same.

You may not like the method, but when push comes to shove, you have to do what's best for your people.

Cheers.

You are incapable because you are handicapped or what?
To believe you are not even ashamed of the first comment you made is more nauseating.
This is truly a country with cursed individuals, damn you!!
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by jpphilips(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
royalsweetness:
If its you won't you run? Being quarantined by Nigerian government would be equivalent to putting every contact person together to infect themselves and die together

Are you this dumb?
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by royalsweetness(f): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
ollah1:

Why? What for? You know too well the disease will further transmit to other people. It could affect your friends and families. Won't u rather stay and die alone than be on the run and kill people you love?

That's because you know too well so you assume every illiterate Nigerian citizen knows as well as you do, the Nigerian government were grossly irresponsible in its manner of handling the Ebola outbreak and are to blame if anyone decides they stand better chances from running away.
Re: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance by royalsweetness(f): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
jpphilips:

Are you this dumb?
Shove it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help / Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.