Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,592 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola (73584 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by osystein(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
enough with the ebola, pls.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by delishpot: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
otiigba1: the Americans ve found a cure for Ebola, now they are waiting for african leaders to ask them for it so they can make as much money as possible from it, its all about money!

Na by force to buy from Americans? Did they stop Africans from doing research and finding the cure? If Africans develop a cure for Ebola, will America insist that they should not use it to treat their country men? Are they created to always find solurion to Africas problem and provide it for free to Africans?
Let our own leaders learn that nobody in this present age will have sleepless nights risk limbs and all to find solution to Africas problems. We always like to sit down and be spoon fed.
African government do not see the importance of educating its young. They only care about linning their pockets and expect the white man to solve all of Africas problems. If na you wey get uncle wey dey always expect like Africa, will you not get tired?

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Natasha2(f): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wow, its wonderful. So happy for them. Only God knows what they went through.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by dollarsplenty(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bryan12: This is so unfair.How can six nurses die just to save three people?? undecided
More than 200 people have died from Ebola in sierra leone. And that hospistal is at the centre of the epidemic. Only three people have survived, many have died.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by globalwaly(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bryan12: This is so unfair.How can six nurses die just to save three people?? undecided

Life is never fair my bro, some must die, for some to live..
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Hangelar(f): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
I thought they said the disease doesn't have any cure? How then do survivors get to be certified 'ebola free?' What happens to the virus in their body then? Does it mean that the treatment they received killed the virus in them? It's kinda confusing. Health workers, pls clarify!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Freshpage(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
This is really a great story. Oh God! Pls have mercy on us.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by arsetalks(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Africa will overcome this. We overcame the outbreak of bird flu, this will be overcome as well. RIP to the dead and glory to the GOOD LORD for sparing the survivors.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by gabrielahamz(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
drered: God bless the doctors, nurses and other health workers and volunteers working hard to contain this scourge. Ya'll are the real heroes..
WORD!!!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
otiigba1: besides its not only africans who do not agree with gay marriages i wonder why americans didnt infect the others who are rejecting gay people with Ebola angry angry

Indeed.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hangelar: I thought they said the disease doesn't have any cure? How then do survivors get to be certified 'ebola free?' What happens to the virus in their body then? Does it mean that the treatment they received killed the virus in them? It's kinda confusing. Health workers, pls clarify!

Basically it depends on your immune response to the virus....as well as the absence of a certain receptor on the surface of your cells.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Silensa(m): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
lucky them. they must have a very strong antibody which can be used as the antidote for the virus.

researchers should exploit this means for the cure
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by booblacain(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
maafen:
They were able †☹ produce tђε̲̣̣̣̥ right antibodies in sufficient quantities †☹ ward φff tђε̲̣̣̣̥ disease from their bodies. Their white blood cells can help other victims recover

My thoughts exactly.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
teeo: Good news
How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.

grin grin I don't totally agree with your assertion. Imaging Boko Haram infested guys sneaking into their various towns and embracing/shaking hands with folks there. Some would even seek audience with their enemies (those in power), pretending to be their loyalists. Just imaging an infected Boko Haramist, pretending to be a Chibok parent, shaking hands with GEJ?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
busuyem: I think the best way to end Boko Haram in Nigeria is send an Ebola victim to their camp since the virus easily spreads faster than bomb itslf. This may save our military men from untimely death of BH insurgency in this country. Can we call this the advantage of Ebola in Nigeria by the way?

Its called busuyem irrational thinking.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
redcliff:

Which channel? AIT or STV?

NTA
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
isaco: that's my question too
Op shed ans us now
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by ATDON(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
so there is cure
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
olokfor: Sources:

http://blogs.unicef.org/2014/08/07/ebola-in-sierra-leone-the-joy-of-survivors/

http://metronaija.com/photos-meet-7-year-old-sierra-leonan-boy-others-survived-ebola/

These stories are indeed beautiful, but why have these people not been taken in as test subjects to understand how they overcame the virus?

O! I forgot...

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by doeying(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Kenny4lyfe: Wow! Lucky kid! grin

And so it happened...
Ebola benched BokoHaram! undecided

yes o...Boko Haram should be scared of Ebola sef
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by 190theclown: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
NaLaugh: Good thing they lived to tell about it. wink

Boko Haram would be mad as hell this period. Ebola stories stealing all the limelight and attention.
I'm sure shekau is somewhere in the forest like:

"Musa, Na che' kabani Ebola. I say gib am po' me Ebola so dis fi'fl are pearing me mo' and mo' mana.. angry"

[size=38pt]ROTFL grin grin[/size]
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by 190theclown: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
[size=38pt]Everybody don ignore Boko haram grin grin grin[/size]
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by 1stola: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory
Technologist) and I will love to volunteer in order to curtail the
Ebola epidermic. I wouldn't also mind to travel to any African
country where the virus has killed lots of people.
Seriously, I'm not just trying to seek attention here.
I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread
and possibly, the remedy.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?
.click below
. https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-ebola
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nigerian's doctor intensified their strike d moment they heard of Ebola
and Gej is asking 4 Zmapp from america which they refused him
and now there is a solution in seirra-leone
Nigeria always backward
I REALLY THANK GOD FOR THIS NEWS
shame to Nigeria doctors

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
macpetrus: Thank God...
. Yeah Thank God and those brave nurses and doctors who cared for them...I was moved to tears by this report.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Suspect33(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
DICKtator: WORLD WAR Z.
WHERE IS BRAD PITT WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

grin grin grin grin
savin his family grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Caseless: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Typical of africans;i dnt care attitude. So if they've recovered, does that mean they can't re-contract d disease again? They were left to go home and interact with their ebola-ravaged community instead of taking to a safer place. Sms!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by cantell(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
teeo: Good news

How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.
don't even pray for that, cos if it happens, they'll all turn into medical terrorists. In a month, they can infect thousands of people. So, be careful what you wish for.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by delishpot: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
1stola: I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory
Technologist) and I will love to volunteer in order to curtail the
Ebola epidermic. I wouldn't also mind to travel to any African
country where the virus has killed lots of people.
Seriously, I'm not just trying to seek attention here.
I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread
and possibly, the remedy.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?
.click below
. https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-ebola

God bless you. Ehen, its people like thid we like to hear not those that blame all evils on America.
Biko while at it, make sure they provide onlt the best protective gear for you o. Cos naija government will even cut coners to buy wrapper to cover their own mothers nyansh talkless another person. Abeg, if they start with mago mago just waka leave them with your life and health intact. Forget all thise that will say endure and do it for God. Wosai!
Do not rely on their empty life insurance BS. Do like our players did during the world cup. Demand for all you need and make sure you get them. From med supplies to fees.

Oya o, who sabi direction for him to apply undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Center In Yaba / University Otuoke Female Student Who Took Tramadol Dies During Sex In Bayelsa / Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.