Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola (73588 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by AjibrightCargo: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Na wa o
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by silvercloud: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
[img][/img]

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by 2scorehigh(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
teeo: Good news

How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.

Ha ha ha...

I tink the only way the thing go fit dia na if someone gets himself infected and moves to dia camp, I mean someone like a good Samaritan, you know, someone like...u...u know what, neva mind!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
kel4soft: Where are all our Nigerian Pharmacist arguing JOHESU and NMA. This is the time to flex your muscle not on positions.
hahahahaah cheesy cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by winbyforce: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
I hope someone is taking a closer look at Fatmata and Tata. There must be something in their genes that made both mother and child survive the deadly illness.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by deife(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
booblacain: There must be something in their gene that made them survive, especially in those two sisters.

That "thing" in their genes is called Hope- Hope in God. Though it's frail, it's hard to kill.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by beige: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
I thot they said the virus has no cure!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Kossyne(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
At least this shows that our situation is not an entirely hopeless one but what puzzles me is what led to the sudden miraculous recovery. Was any form of serum administered to them or does it have to do with their gene or something...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by fightforchange1(f): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Wow thay sucks but great people hot better theres hope for sick peeps I wish my mom would get better.
Shes got like 8% kidney functions oh well ... kidney failure really sucks. sad
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by sambisa5: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
papiforreal: There is Light at every channel

channel or tunnel
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Okijajuju1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
peppyluv02: yeye man so you are still alive cheesy

I no fit die, even if Na suicide.. grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by s3nn2x(m): 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
kennylawal: DONT JUST KEEP SHAKING ALL HANDSIF NEED BE, WEAR GLOVES WHEN GOING OUT, COS OF DOOR KNOBS, CAR HANDLES, BUSES ETCWASH HANDS FREQUENTLYDONT JUST VISIT HOSPITALS ANYHOW, IF YOU MUST AVOID CONTACT WITH PATIENTS AND WEAR A GLOVE, COS OF HOSPITAL SURFACESIF YOU MUST GO BURIAL, AVOID CONTACT WITH DEAD BODIESREDUCE VISITING OTHER HOMES FOR NOWADEQUATE HYGIENECARE MUST BE TAKEN IN WASHING A DEAD BODY. ADEQUATE PROTECTIONAVOID BUSHMEAT, BATS AND OTHER WILD ANIMALDONOT ATTEMPT TO TREAT A SICK PERSON AT HOME ESPECIALLY IF THE INDIVIDUAL HAS A HISTORY OF CLOSE CONTACT WITH ANOTHER SICK INDIVIDUALALERT THE APPROPRIATE BODY IMMEDIATELY IF YOU NOTICE ANY EBOLA SYMPYOMS( ESPECIALLY BLEEDING )PASS ON INFO TO EVERYBODY PLUS RURAL INDIVIDUALS
Wrong!!!
Where do you people get your information from?
How many gloves do you want to wear?
The only way gloves would be effective is if the whole 140 million Nigerians wear it, if not you would be worse than Patrick Sawyer....
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
wazoboy: Nigerian researchers should take some serum samples from these our brothers and sisters ASAP (USA must have done that since!), afterall if Liberia could infect us, then Sierra leone could help cure it!
Wazoboy, see what I got from http://www..com/ebola-cure-challenging-nigeria-develop-zmapp/: "Zmapp serum samples were obtained from a certain African kid who developed antibodies that defeated his Ebola infection. Zmapp antibodies are
an African copyright property." I believe we can find a cure for Ebola. It's high time we STOPPED depending on US.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
booblacain: There must be something in their gene that made them survive, especially in those two sisters.
Their body fluids should be examined. They have Ebola fighting antibodies in them.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by mployer(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
UjSizzle: Hope cry
I'm so happy for them. Now others can get well too smiley

sweat dreamz dear kiss
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by IYANGBALI: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
No be the original ebola catch dem jo,na ibo made own catch dem
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=sambisa5]

channel or tunnel[/quote

oga channel now grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by rexzqcom(m): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
bushdoc9919: Why he surivied...

1.Patients who are deficient in the cell receptor NPC-1(Niemann-Pick 1) are resistant to Ebola....as research seems to prove.

2.Patients with a specific kind of immune response (i.e.exhibiting'' more significant IgM responses, clearance of viral antigen, and sustained T-cell cytokine responses, as indicated by high levels of T-cell-related mRNA in the peripheral blood'' will most likely survive.

That is why Ebola cannot kill all of us.....we Africans vary in the way our individual immune systems respond to disease...including Ebola.(And by extension.....that is a major reason why Ebola was not made in a lab.....if it was....the makers would have to make it able to adapt and work to kill under differing immune responses).

Health workers with these special immunity should be screened for to provide cares for ebola patients.To reduce the exposure and casualties of health care workers whose immune systems are vulnerable. Also survivors of the disease should be enlisted to help in non professional duties like search for potential victims (relatives and contacts) of diagnosed patients.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by akinladejo: 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
teeo: Good news

How i wish Ebola can just enter Boko Haram camp. Lots of problem would have been solved.

In jesus name is going to enter their camp and kill them all!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
rexzqcom:

Health workers with these special immunity should be screened for to provide cares for ebola patients.To reduce the exposure and casualties of health care workers whose immune systems are vulnerable. Also survivors of the disease should be enlisted to help in a non professional duties like search for potential victims (relatives and contacts) of a diagnosed patients.

Good idea.

Infact...a lot of what we know about Ebola's effects on the body comes from survivors.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Btruth: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Kenny4lyfe: Wow! Lucky kid! grin

And so it happened...
Ebola benched BokoHaram! undecided
You bet. Even the Boko boys are so scared of Ebola more than anything now. It will be a bad market for them, especially if one or two of them carry thing back into their camp. Well, the fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom for the Boko boys too.....lol.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by hakz(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fear of Ebola: SEE How Air Hostesses now operate on flight >> http://www.wapcoded.net/2014/08/09/fear-of-ebola-see-how-air-hostesses-now-operate-on-flight/
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by mecussey(m): 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2014

And so it happened...

Yea...their oga say make boko hold on make ebola go
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by mecussey(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2014

And so it happened...

Yea...their oga say make boko hold on make ebola go. If ebola no succeed na, boko will be back in action
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
englishmart: Something tells me this EBOLA hasn't come to stay.
The fear of ebola kills even before ebola strikes

Let's just pretend ebola doesn't exist but be very careful about our dealings.

Ebola! Ebola!! Ebola!!!
How many times did I call you? undecided
No play come my side o. cheesy

Lest I forget,

Everybody should take urine and honey tomorrow. As early as 5am.
This will help kill all the ebola that is on the way
. cheesy
U no well ooo broz.... smileycheesysmiley
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by englishmart(m): 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
nnekamezor: U no well ooo broz.... smileycheesysmiley
fym smiley
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 10, 2014
englishmart: fym smiley
Say wat
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by englishmart(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2014
nnekamezor: Say wat
for your mind cheesy
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Bifwoli: 1:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Ebola is a west and west central Africa affair where bushmeat consumption is a common practice and where wildlife ceased to be plentiful.Look at east and southern Africa where they have a conservative eating habits of mainly grain staples and you'll see wildlifeeeee is not diminished and the threat of ebola never occurs here.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by Engen(m): 1:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Pavore9: May the Lord be Praised! No matter how gloomy it maybe, His Glory will shine forth!

Please let's stop deceiving ourselves... We're created in God's image yet as humans we don't like associating with unsuccessful people, check throughout history God uses extraordinary men and women...not mediocres...so we're responsible for the gloominess.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola by fightforchange1(f): 3:30am On Aug 10, 2014
iyke926:

Its called busuyem irrational thinking.

Thats funny.smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Center In Yaba / University Otuoke Female Student Who Took Tramadol Dies During Sex In Bayelsa / Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.