Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin (38611 Views)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Atiku Leads APC Poll With Wide Margin - Dailypost Poll / BREAKING: APC’s Aregbesola Wins Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by austertee01(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2014
Just the same Way GEJ will win 2015 presidential election..... Congrat to Ogbeni.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2014
dickoflife: hahaha, so eyin omo Apc oloriburuku na le pariwo. Ur papa dey watch as ur mama dey Bleep gateman he dey shout western civilization u sef dey peep for keyhole na why ur life turn out like dis.. Apc paid agent. If u like insult ekiti again ur 2nd wife will bring 3 bastard home for u cus I know u can never have a stable home

oma se ooo. Now I understand your frustration, your father had a small dick, you inherited that dick and it's the same infidelity your mama showed your father that your wife is showing you,
we have won this one, you could as well die for all I care

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by topkuma(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2014
osun pple as chosen thier bestman,apc should appreciate Gej for not using photochronic system in osun as they did in ekiti,apc should go and recongnise that ekiti pple dont want want fayemi in again.thank God we gettin it right bit by bit,congrat to mr ogbeni rauf

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by trigar12(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Whenever PDP lose(s) them go dey say EBOLA JONATHAN MADE SURE THE ELECTION WAS FREE AND FAIR...MuMu ppl grin

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by anonimi: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2014
Congratulations to Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola for renewing his mandate FROM our people for another four years after a keenly contested election. I hope he and his backers will learn to devote themselves to the BASIC issues of governance instead of the yoyo physical infrastructures that cannot sustain themselves without adequate human capital development.

PDP needs to review the results in detail to prepare for next year's legislative elections for State Assembly seats as well as Senate & House of Representatives focusing on the eight LGAs it won and those on the fringe that can flip to its side. More importantly they need to FORCE Aregbesola to hold LGA elections asap and ensure they win some of the LGAs so we have a credible opposition in the state of the Living Spring.

May our democracy continue its growth with increased participation by all of us.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2014
sandijey:

Keep expressing your $tupidity.
foolish asshole
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver: foolish asshole

Another expression. You're Truly $tupid..... cheesy
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by platz(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
truthcom:

While you cry inside. You will not have the #200 you are usually given at the party's meeting every week but surely you will have light, road, schools, hospitals and economic improvement.

So choose one
I promise not to be around when u will come back complaining
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by great664(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver:
So we should appreciate GEJ for what?
Is it how he freed Al-mustapher, Bode George and granting state pardon to his criminal boss, Alameshia? Or on issues of fuel subsidy, Sanusi lamido sanusi and the billion dollar cash that was not paid to central bank? Or the impeachment of opposition party office holders?
This GEJ is so clueless that over 200 girls are still missing and nothing serious about it has been done. As far as am concern, PdP is a failed government and all its supporters are enemies to the future of this country NIGERIA.
Y̅ou are still Clueless!!! Nigeirans are voting for the Best Candidate not Parties for God sake, that's †ђξ step †ђξ people are taking now. stop party mentality and vote †ђξ best man irrespective of †ђξ party he is, so stop Accusing PDP or APC or praising any of them. Let's be wise and embrace Change. The Best Man Wins Irrespective of Party and the runner up should congratulate †ђξ winner instead of doing all it can to destroy †ђξ winner and make d state "ungorvernorable" for him, I guess u understand my stand now... God Bless Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by doofanc: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice:

Wrong assertion PDP fielded the wrong candidate....

Bingo! If anything, given the kind of popularity Ogbeni is alleged to possess, and the not too favourable reputation preceding Omisore, one would have expected the margin to be far wider than what we have. It should have been a decisive landslide in favour of APC. But we didn't see that.

Just for the records, I don't support either party; I just wish the APC should be more restrained in their celebration and engage in soul searching.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 9:03am On Aug 10, 2014
akee01: wat abt thishypocrites
another handiwork of PDP. Osun no be Ekiti people that voted cause of Atenuje.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by fxskye: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2014
hansad: If OBJ is president, Omisore would have been declared winner. Buhari and Tinubu can at best head to the courts. Hope this APC victory shall make Tinubu and Lai Mohammed appreciate President Jonathan's unrivalled democratic credentials, instead of daily telling ridiculous lies against the president. A few days to this election, Tinubu lied that Jonathan kidnapped the Chibok girls. As for Lai Mohammed, well, his official duty in his party includes manufacturing and spreading of false information to gullible Nigerians. So, Lai has lied himself to be regaded as a joker in the park. Congrats Aregbe.

Nigeria is highly tensed now. Anyone trying to toil with peoples mandate might further worsen d situation. GEJ tried it, but Osun people made their choice and stood by it.
Kudos to APC for best strategy that prevent GEJ from imposing Omisore.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2014
[e author=teeo]

Omo see margin. Up APC, UP Ogbeni Rauf, UP intelligent voters of Osun who voted for development and progress not the person with the biggest rice or the Thug that eats corn with an armed guard behind him.

How I wish the people of Ekiti were as enlightened as Osun people.

APC sweeping them away since 2010.

Development phase 2. grin
[/quote]

Bad thinking.... PDP fielded a bad product as flag bearer in Osun contrary to Ekiti....meanwhile Aregbe has much appeal with the Muslim population who dominated Oshogbo, Gbongan, Ede and others while Ilesha happens to be Aregbe's base....though with a xtian dominated population but primordial sentiments came to play... While Aregbe was able to clear himself of the toga of religious fundamentalism Omisore could not absolve himself of Bola Ige's murder! This scenario is not same for Ekiti.... While Ogbeni had a hiding place in Omisore's xter Fayemi couldn't get any hiding place in Fayose's personality!

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by scantee(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2014
......Osun Decides ....APC see u in Court We gatta annul the INEC result. (PDP till Christ come GEJ till 205674)

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Philistine(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2014
iamodenigbo1: when congratulating Rauf congratulate also the man who made it possible for your vote to count,Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,The democrat
methinks the credit goes to the people of osun for defending their votes and not Gej.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Philistine(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2014
iamodenigbo1: when congratulating Rauf congratulate also the man who made it possible for your vote to count,Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,The democrat
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by anonimi: 9:07am On Aug 10, 2014
Quite impressive turnout also- 687,431 just for the two main candidates. Means that the total for all candidates will probably be more than 700,000. This means there was good mobilisation by the contestants.

The next level is for more of us to actually VOLUNTEER to work with good candidates so the politicians see the elections as less of their PERSONAL investments and which they must recoup irrespective of the society's needs.

Big up to Osun state!!!

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 10, 2014
you are classic example why the worst of humans should be denied the luxury of reproduction..the electn was free and fair;yet u dumb numbskulls are still criticizin GEJ!
DaBullIT: They failed !!!!!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by 3Dimension: 9:08am On Aug 10, 2014
Meanwhile.. Someone is still CORNfused

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by sartorius(m): 9:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Congrats aregbe, #teamIfe.........
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 9:10am On Aug 10, 2014
great664: Y̅ou are still Clueless!!! Nigeirans are voting for the Best Candidate not Parties for God sake, that's †ђξ step †ђξ people are taking now. stop party mentality and vote †ђξ best man irrespective of †ђξ party he is, so stop Accusing PDP or APC or praising any of them. Let's be wise and embrace Change. The Best Man Wins Irrespective of Party and the runner up should congratulate †ђξ winner instead of doing all it can to destroy †ђξ winner and make d state "ungorvernorable" for him, I guess u understand my stand now... God Bless Nigeria!!!

Since 1999, what are the notable achievements of PDP at the FG level, please I will like to know? Thanks
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014
todayguest: I've seen no shouts of ' rigging' because APC won. The story would have been very different, if it happened in the reverse. However, congratz to APC and Rauf O. A.
Yea.. if pdp had won in osun... it wld surely be thru rigging...
if u stay in osun...u wl understand
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2014
teeo:

Omo see margin. Up APC, UP Ogbeni Rauf, UP intelligent voters of Osun who voted for development and progress not the person with the biggest rice or the Thug that eats corn with an armed guard behind him.

How I wish the people of Ekiti were as enlightened as Osun people.

APC sweeping them away since 2010.

Development phase 2. grin

WTF!!!
Must you mention Ekiti?
Is Aregesola and Fayemi thesame?
We voted out fayemi because he is a stinking lier.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2014
Philistine: methinks the credit goes to the people of osun for defending their votes and not Gej.
2003 comes to mind,how much did people defend against Obj federal might?
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 10, 2014
todayguest: I've seen no shouts of ' rigging' because APC won. The story would have been very different, if it happened in the reverse. However, congratz to APC and Rauf O. A.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by brownlord: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2014
fxskye:

Nigeria is highly tensed now. Anyone trying to toil with peoples mandate might further worsen d situation. GEJ tried it, but Osun people made their choice and stood by it.
Kudos to APC for best strategy that prevent GEJ from imposing Omisore.

I don't know you but you sound stupid, how did osun people made their choice stood? They voted for the man they wanted, wtf are you still saying? This propaganda is reason I hate this party apc.

If the man had wanted to rig the election please tell me what osun people will do, with the millions of soldiers and militants you claimed he deployed to the state, what will they have done?
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2014
AregbeRascal is greater than OmiRascal.

Aregbesola won not because he was the best candidate but because he was the lesser evil, Omisore is worst. The dude is clueless and has nothing to offer the State apart from Ogogoro and thuggery(te so je ee).

PDP should have fielded a more credible candidate not Omisore of all candidates in PDP.

So many factors contributed to OmiRascal's loss IMHO..........

1. Bola Ige's death. Most people(esp Ijeshas) still hold him responsible for the death of late sage.

2. His cluelessness(he simply have no programme apart from te soju eee). The dude has nothing to offer. He would have looted Osun dry if he had emerged victorious. Gods know better. The Irunmoles(about 1,000 Deities) in Osun are not sleeping.

3. Our Son(Omo Wa/Omo Ria). While the Ifes voted Omirascal, Ijeshas voted AregbeRascal. The Igbominas and Oyos decided who emerged victorious.

4. Osun is not an homogenous State like Bayelsa or Ekiti. Osun comprises of 4 Yoruba sub-ethnic groups. Ijeshas(6LGA 90% Christians), Ifes(4LGA 60% Christians), Igbominas(2LGA 50% Christians) and Oyos(18LGA 15% Christians). So a political party will have to do its homework very well in order to emerge victorious.

5. Religion. PDP started making mistakes when they began to involve religion in politics in Osun 2yrs ago(2012). They first accused AregbeRascal of seccession, they said he changed Osun State to State of Osun and intends to make Osun(A landlocked State in SW) a country of its own. That's utter bullshit. Then they accussed him of planning on forcefully converting everyone in Osun State to Islam. AregbeRascal defended himself that in this 21century it's not possible in SW to forcefully convert anyone to any religion cos Yorubas are exposed. He said his younger sister left Islam for Christianity, her husband and children are all Christians, if I couldn't keep my younger Sister in Islam how then do I forcefully convert people to Islam? Not less than 90% of Ijeshas are Christians, so how do I convert everyone to Islam when I can't even convert my Ijesha clan to Islam? We all know it's bullshit to accuse the guy of planning to forcefully make us Muslims in Osun. PDP called AregbeRascal names like Boko Haram, supporter of APC, Terrorist, Extremist etc. So the Muslims felt insulted and pittied AregbeRascal. They've decided to vote for him since 2012. Not less than 55% of Osun indigenes are Muslims.

6. Ooni of Ife Palace/Ile-Ife Decision. Gone are the days when Osun INEC Chairman used to submit the list of winners to Ooni before he makes the announcement. Ooni was so influencial in Osun politics that AregbeRascal had to go and beg former Emir of Kano(Ado Bayero) to help talk to Ooni to allow court declare him as the winner. Bayero went to Ife, talked to Baba and after the lengthy discussion he was able to convince Baba(They have been friends for long) to let the boy go. Let him go. Finally, the court eventually declared AregbeRascal as the winner(though the dude truly won but it was rigged for Oyinlola second term). AregbeRascal went to Ife to thank Baba and promised to be a good boy. Since AregbeRascal emerged coupled with the age(83yrs now) of Baba(Ooni of Ife), Ooni has not been partisan unlike before. Now he just pray for a candidate and give advise.

7. Ile-Ife factor. In the past, Palace used to doctor and announce whoever they want to emerge, since Aregbe emerged that has changed. Some people in some areas of Osun are still annoyed that Ife Palace used to dictate to us, so they are ready to vote against any Ife candidate. Let the candidate win the 4LGA and let's see what the four would do. Era of rigging has gone, people now decide their fates. If the candidate was credible and sellable, it would have been better. But OmiRascal? OmiSebi? Omi What? He's simply unsellable. He's unmarketable.

8. Public Schools. AregbeRascal merged public schools which caused confusion. Personally I don't buy the idea. It led to religious issues at Iwo. PDP capitalize on his flaw and Omisore said he was going to return all public schools originally owned by missionaries to them. So what happens to non-christian Pupils? Majority of public schools were built by missionaries and they are in bad shape. If OmiRascal returns the schools to the Churches, the churches would renovate the schools and restore the glory of public schools AGREED. But what would be the fate of Muslims and other Pupils? How are they going to ensure non-christian Pupils are not stopped or discouraged from attending public primary and secondary schools. If they are deprived the education, there's assurance that we are going to have another Almajiri/Boko Haram in Osun and SW in less than 15yrs. The issue of returning schools caused controversy. It's one of the reasons why Muslims majority in the State decided to vote AregbeRascal en-masse.

9. Credibility. AregbeRascal has performed very well during his first tenure. He's controversial and have his own issue yet OmiRascal is not a better option. OmiRascal should have allowed another candidate from Ife/Osun to contest. He disgraced Sen Isiaka Adeleke during the primary election, the man left the party for him. PDP have a lot of work to do in Osun if they are going to capture the State. OmiRascal swapped his guber ticket with Oyinlola for Senate in 2003. He said if he'd given the ticket to an Ife/Ijesha(Osun East Senatorial District) candidate, it would affect his chance of becoming the Governor after Oyinlola. The plan was for Oyinlola to rule for a term or two and hand over to OmiRascal. As it is now, I advised that Engr Christopher Iyiola Omisore(Chrisore) should quit contesting as Governor(He may try his luck in National Assembly again) and allow another candidate to emerge as PDP flagbearer. People don't want you. You are not destined to be a governor. Aptly put.

I wish Engr Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Best of Luck on his emergence for the second term as Governor of The State of Osun.

I want to thank my President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for giving us free and fair election. You are simply the Best Sir, we've never had it free and fair until you and late Yaradua came into power. God Bless You Sir.

To My Osun People, I Say A Ku Oriire Ooooooo.

Osun A Dara Ooooo

Nigeria O Ni Baje.

Adekanmi from Abuja.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Havilah93(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2014
Celebration galore in osogbo this morning!!

APC!!

CHANGE!!!!

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2014
i love this man
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2014
Philistine: methinks the credit goes to the people of osun for defending their votes and not Gej.
2003 comes to mind,how much did people defend against Obj federal might?,or yaradua who confessed that the election that brought him in was mared with irregularities,Just thank Gej
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by roufy235(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2014
congrats aregbe
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2014
scantee: ......Osun Decides ....APC see u in Court We gatta annul the INEC result. (PDP till Christ come GEJ till 205674)
u try, go rest small b4 BP go rise

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians When Elections Are Near.(photo) / El-Rufai Declares Ayuba Wabba, NLC President Wanted! / I do not know the woman: Diri Dismisses Claims Of Leaking Sifuba's Sextape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.