Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,324 members, 7,846,451 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (833734 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amefrica: ...Phew... What a long journey!

Our plane took off from Lagos around 1:30pm, so we reached Ethiopia at night, it was 5hrs flight tho - Ethiopia is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria. From Ethiopia we headed to Rome (technical stop) no one was allowed to come down shaa. It seemed they were refueling..

From Rome we began the real journey to Canada (Toronto). We spent about 5-6hrs crossing the Atlantic Ocean, my heart just dey jump, e don comot from my chest run go stomach..

The worst part was when the Captain made an announcement that it was too cloudy and stuff but said everything was under control, I wan nearly poo for body.

I didn't enjoy my 2nd flight to Toronto at all, I was seated in the middle of 2 arugbos. A man and woman! We just bone talk till we reach here.

***Port of Entry*** When we got in, I and Parisbluefox were sorting our luggages and after every we proceeded. The immi officer sef fear me, he asked why I haven't paid my fees , I told him I'll be paying in person at the school's accounting office 2mrw. He asked if I had the cash, I said no but I have my MasterCard. He said OK!

He started typing and staring at my letter of acceptance as well as my passport, me just bone face nii and for inside I don dey worry say wetin dey happen oga. He asked my names, DOB and asked me to give him my proof of funds, I sharply comot my sponsor's SOAs (business and personal).

He asked whose account was it and I said my uncle. Na so e talk say make I excuse am for a min, e go inside (for my mind - I don melt finish), na so e just come out with a long paper and as I see maple leaves on top, my mind come down. Hin just tear am, staple am with my passport and stamped it. He gave it to me and said "make your parents proud" I winked and said "most definitely".

I missed my flight to Charlottetown, and I was booked for another. I'm still chilling here in Toronto Pearson for the next 2hrs.

Canadians friendly die! Chai.. While I was pulling my luggages, a woman asked me to stop and wait for a min, b4 I could say jack, she brought a cart.

Abeg, Canada na 'must' visit place for everyone on earth. Make una do quick! cheesy #in other news, I'm still waiting for the low-life psychopath threatening me I nor dey enter here.. grin grin

Ethiopian Airlines is just superb ...I was counting how many times they were bringing food, but lost count at some point.

Congrats dear... Greater heights..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
tnuola:

Lmao.... Babe how far nah? Why so mean?

Don't mind me jor hehehe I no mean am please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lol.. If you say so

lovelydamsel:

Don't mind me jor hehehe I no mean am please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
. (•_•)
<(   (> 
 ./   \  I salute o.

Please how do I register for toefl online?
Thanks grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
tnuola: Lol.. If you say so

He's ma NL friend smiley *hugs*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mehn UNN wan kill person. Imagine 35k to send a copy of transcript. And I need 2 copies per each sch I am applying to, and I have 4schs to send it to(4schs x 2copies x 35k = 280k). Pls UNN Alumni need to do something about this o. Wetin sef! Abi we no pay sch fees complete during our under G days?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral: . (•_•)
<(   (> 
 ./   \  I salute o.

Thanks grin

I will advise you to take IELTS instead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Galaxxy(m): 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
I arrived in Saskatoon since Aug 26,2014. settling down was kinda tasky and the cold killing me seriously!!! wish my gf is here, Lol! good luck to medical hopefuls and TRV awaitees

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
einsteino: Mehn UNN wan kill person. Imagine 35k to send a copy of transcript. And I need 2 copies per each sch I am applying to, and I have 4schs to send it to(4schs x 2copies x 35k = 280k). Pls UNN Alumni need to do something about this o.
Wetin sef! Abi we no pay sch fees complete during our under G days?

Hmmm...more expensive than a private uni.anyway you can tell the school to email to you and give them your first choice school address or negotiate smiley your alumni can give better advice.all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
halle2: Hello everyone,

Glad to see this thread move very fast, looking forward to lots of good news for late fall applicants and winter applicants.
please for those familiar with travelling with lufthansa, what is their baggage policy? I am seeing 1piece? Does it mean I am only entitled to 1 piece of 23kg? I heard ppl saying 23kg per piece for two luggage and now I have two luggage packed. If I am paying for the additional one, how much is it? Pls I need to know asap, am leaving tomorrow.

seems dis question got no response, every passenger is entitled to 23kg by 2piece...any extra luggage attracts $200.

I hope you still find the reply useful though tis coming late.

Wishing you a safe trip tonight

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please house peeps does any one know anything about this program?? if there is any one, please shed some lights.

[size=15pt]BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (CO-OP) This five-year program is designed to prepare students for a career in business through a co-operative component that alternates classroom study with periods of full-time employment. Students complete three paid work terms, which may be in industry, government or other organizations, giving them an opportunity to apply classroom learning and develop practical skills for today’s business environment.[/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by awe2015(f): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
Your help is seriously needed @slimdel, Amefrica, and all... I just submitted my application and fee of $75 dollars to Uni Saskeche... But my problem is I don't know the possibility of my school sending the transcripts to them. Although they agreed to give me my transcripts, should I send it to them myself Is it advisable?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by awe2015(f): 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
You are magic bro! I believe God will do same for me!!!

So when are you coming back to Nigeria We dey miss you die! wink

Our plane took off from Lagos around 1:30pm, so we reached Ethiopia at night, it was 5hrs flight tho - Ethiopia is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria. From Ethiopia we headed to Rome (technical stop) no one was allowed to come down shaa. It seemed they were refueling..

From Rome we began the real journey to Canada (Toronto). We spent about 5-6hrs crossing the Atlantic Ocean, my heart just dey jump, e don comot from my chest run go stomach..

The worst part was when the Captain made an announcement that it was too cloudy and stuff but said everything was under control, I wan nearly poo for body.

I didn't enjoy my 2nd flight to Toronto at all, I was seated in the middle of 2 arugbos. A man and woman! We just bone talk till we reach here.

***Port of Entry*** When we got in, I and Parisbluefox were sorting our luggages and after every we proceeded. The immi officer sef fear me, he asked why I haven't paid my fees , I told him I'll be paying in person at the school's accounting office 2mrw. He asked if I had the cash, I said no but I have my MasterCard. He said OK!

He started typing and staring at my letter of acceptance as well as my passport, me just bone face nii and for inside I don dey worry say wetin dey happen oga. He asked my names, DOB and asked me to give him my proof of funds, I sharply comot my sponsor's SOAs (business and personal).

He asked whose account was it and I said my uncle. Na so e talk say make I excuse am for a min, e go inside (for my mind - I don melt finish), na so e just come out with a long paper and as I see maple leaves on top, my mind come down. Hin just tear am, staple am with my passport and stamped it. He gave it to me and said "make your parents proud" I winked and said "most definitely".

I missed my flight to Charlottetown, and I was booked for another. I'm still chilling here in Toronto Pearson for the next 2hrs.

Canadians friendly die! Chai.. While I was pulling my luggages, a woman asked me to stop and wait for a min, b4 I could say jack, she brought a cart.

Abeg, Canada na 'must' visit place for everyone on earth. Make una do quick! cheesy #in other news, I'm still waiting for the low-life psychopath threatening me I nor dey enter here.. grin grin

Ethiopian Airlines is just superb ...I was counting how many times they were bringing food, but lost count at some point.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Good people,

Please I need to be cleared on how to make the $50 application to Lambton College. Clearly, from the College's site application for admission is to made via emails (fill out the application form and send with scanned documents)

I would appreciate anyone with useful information.

BTW, I also sent an email to the international admissions, but no reply yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
hey guys does gettin your transcripts evaluated by WES help with your admission....... + which are the best schools to do a masters in chem engrin that is not too expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zeongeon: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
People in the house has anyone got a message like this from a school, what does it mean ooh.

Does it mean they will offer acceptance but it won't be for jan 2015? Would I be offered acceptance letter this september but for another start date?

We do not start our acceptances for that program until around the end of September.  I will contact you when I have been advised to offer you acceptance.  There is no guarantee that you will get into the program this year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
UG or G cos me self just apply on last week Tuesday they ask me for my waec info which I sent to them yesterday .pls can u tell me how long it took them to process admission.?
onos9ice: Hello house. I just got an admission into Memorial Uni for JAN. 2015.
I wnt to know how much will be okay for a SOA. And which route will be best to apply.
And I'll love any further information. THANKS IN ANTIIPATION PALS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by evergreen9: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hey guys, I have a Canadian employer who is Interested in bringing me over to Canada and is currently working on my LMIA. Please I would like to know how many months it takes to process a Canadian temporary work permit in CIC, Lagos, Nigeria. Hope you guys can help . Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bjoseph: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Welcome My Brother.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
<(   (> 
 ./   \  I salute o.

Thanks grin

I would advice u write IELTS instead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
vanrichie4u:

I would advice u write IELTS instead

Why please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
einsteino:

I will advise you to take IELTS instead

Why please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
<(   (> 
 ./   \  I salute o.

Thanks grin

I will advise u go for ielts. If u need more info on ielts, u can pm me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Holu26:

I will advise u go for ielts. If u need more info on ielts, u can pm me.

Tried to PM you but it's coming back to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Cufs:

I am. General Management. 2nd UG degree tho. Will be applying for visa next week.

I wish u success in your visa application in Jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

Tried to PM you but it's coming back to me.

I just replied ur pm now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Abeg, where Oga Fhemmy bn dey all dis whl. He should have over a cartoon of GALA by now IF u guys kept your promises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
I submitted my biometric today, God please help me.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
Cufs: Good evening dear people, please Someone just told me that if one has a valid visitor visa in Canada, it is possibly to apply to change the status of your visa to a student visa. Abeg is this true? If it is, it sounds like good news to me.

Any1 here ever heard of this kinda gist before??

Thanks to the new rules;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=483&t=15
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
zeongeon:
People in the house has anyone got a message like this from a school, what does it mean ooh.

Does it mean they will offer acceptance but it won't be for jan 2015? Would I be offered acceptance letter this september but for another start date?

We do not start our acceptances for that program until around the end of September.  I will contact you when I have been advised to offer you acceptance.  There is no guarantee that you will get into the program this year.

Admission hasn't been opened yet and it's possible they aidy have a long wait-list from previous apps which they might consider before new apps.
You should also start considering other schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
deevick246: Good people,

Please I need to be cleared on how to make the $50 application to Lambton College. Clearly, from the College's site application for admission is to made via emails (fill out the application form and send with scanned documents)

I would appreciate anyone with useful information.

BTW, I also sent an email to the international admissions, but no reply yet.

Yu have to go through their agent in nigeria (maple) and you ll be required to pay the sum of #8000 naira into deir acc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.