Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,312 members, 7,857,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 01:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (836231 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
deevick246: Good people,

Please I need to be cleared on how to make the $50 application to Lambton College. Clearly, from the College's site application for admission is to made via emails (fill out the application form and send with scanned documents)

I would appreciate anyone with useful information.

BTW, I also sent an email to the international admissions, but no reply yet.

masterp204:
Yu have to go through their agent in nigeria (maple) and you ll be required to pay the sum of #8000 naira into deir acc.

Haba brother! this cant be right! do you work for Maple?!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
PlayPays:

Haba brother! this cant be right! do you work for Maple?!
...Yep he is right...Lambton refers peeps to maple by fire by force grin...its just for the admission bro...N8000 is just the $50 application fee...to process visa using maple is optional...them no dey force person for that one....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
lovelydamsel:

LOCAL CHAMP!!!its done in every foreign airport.anyway JJC go well,no go fall ya hand o cheesy

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
Hmmn! Wow! What a testimony u be bro...Congrats! How canada naa...officially Canafrica now bah?.....Hope u no go postrait for the officers at the POE, na hi hi for western world...no be ibadan wey u go dey postrait up and down lol.....beep me on whassap when u'r settled.....Happy for u bro

LOL! Thanks boss... i go buzz you soon!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
tnuola:

Congrats dear... Greater heights..

Thanks sweetheart! kiss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
awe2015: You are magic bro! I believe God will do same for me!!!

So when are you coming back to Nigeria We dey miss you die! wink

Thanks bro! I go come vote next year. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
bjoseph: Welcome My Brother.

Thanks much! Will message you soon..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
ChriGo: ...Yep he is right...Lambton refers peeps to maple by fire by force grin...its just for the admission bro...N8000 is just the $50 application fee...to process visa using maple is optional...them no dey force person for that one....

Chei I'm sorry then.. so you sef was pushed to maple?!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
A question and inquiry, while using two sponsors, do I have to scan documents from both sponsors together as one pdf file?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 12:08am On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Thanks bro! I go come vote next year. grin

ku irin arakunrin, op with all u ate, u still hold body well?lol. sebi i told you ur flight was gonna be awesm!

how far with accommodations and settling down? op u get a place soon sha.cheers mate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bjoseph: 12:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Ok
Amefrica:

Thanks much! Will message you soon..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 1:03am On Sep 03, 2014
PlayPays:

Chei I'm sorry then.. so you sef was pushed to maple?!
....Nope, i wasn't...During my time, Lambton process admission individually for applicants without referring them to Maple....Na just recently dem start to dey refer peeps dia by fire by force.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 1:25am On Sep 03, 2014
She also av a shop n I did not add any other document beside her statement of account

yomiraheem:

/////
Congrats bro...I love good news!
Please did u add any documents to prove ur sponsor's source of income; ur mum? What are the docs bro? What should someone do if a sponsor simply has a big shop at cms, no biz reg...but only a savings acct with good balance. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: She also av a shop n I did not add any other document beside her statement of account

/////
Really helpful bro, tanx a bunch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 2:15am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: She also av a shop n I did not add any other document beside her statement of account

so u did nt add cac certificate , tax clearance nd invoices, so what do u used as a source of income?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: Good morning peeps,
Reporting from the New Brunswick (Moncton) Canada, am settled n feeling welcome in my apartment grin

Will start my testimony by appreciating the Almighty GOD for making everything possible i glorify n thank him so much for making it a reality..my NL family appreciate ya'll for ur posts n replies n a big thanks to @slimdel for d chillpill it realy worked grin

1st Application APRIL 30TH
BIOMETRIC MAY 2ND
DELAYED MAY 16TH

Mehn i was so pained but i did not give up rearranged my documents n refired back wit an immigration lawyer wink could not take anoda delay cos of time.

2ND Application JUNE 17TH
PAPER ROUTE
BIOMETRIC same day
MEDICALS REQUEST AUG 4TH
MEDICALS on AUG 6TH
STUDY PERMIT APPROVED AUG 15TH
PASSPORT PICKED UP AUG 26TH

Here are the list of docs I submitted for my TRV application.

Sponsor is my Mum

1. 6 months bank statements (opening balance 3.5million, closing balance 6million, Savings account)

2. Sponsorship declaration

3. Sworn affidavit of support

4. Shares statement of account n letter of introduction from the investment company(in my name)

5. Letter of Introduction

6. Letter from the immigration lawyer

7. Tuition/acceptance/ payment receipt for 1year

8. My Birth Certificate

9. Police report

10. University Transcript

11. WAEC Certificate

12. NYSC certificate

14. Letter Of Intent

15. Loads of Prayer n fasting

Dont give up

You are highly welcomed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 03, 2014
awe2015: Your help is seriously needed @slimdel, Amefrica, and all... I just submitted my application and fee of $75 dollars to Uni Saskeche... But my problem is I don't know the possibility of my school sending the transcripts to them. Although they agreed to give me my transcripts, should I send it to them myself Is it advisable?
It's also good you send it yourself but don't open the seal, sending it yourself will give u more peace if mind and you get to have the tracking number where you can track it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 3:13am On Sep 03, 2014
Slimdel:
It's also good you send it yourself but don't open the seal, sending it yourself will give u more peace if mind and you get to have the tracking number where you can track it.

@Slimdel how's u? Hope u re enjoying Canny.... Long time no see on NL... Hope u good?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 3:19am On Sep 03, 2014
masterp204:

Yu have to go through their agent in nigeria (maple) and you ll be required to pay the sum of #8000 naira into deir acc.

For real? Alright then. I remembered someone posted Maple Zenith Bank Account details in some few pages away, I wasn't just cleared not until now when you said I have to go through their agent here in Nigeria.

If I have to apply through their agent here in Nigeria, what implications does that hold on my application as a whole?

Please as anyone ever applied through this agent to Lambton college before? Do I have to take all my academic documents to the agent for approval or I have to go through the normal application process stated on Lambton College site but then make payment to Maple?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kingsolve(m): 3:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica: ...Phew... What a long journey!

Our plane took off from Lagos around 1:30pm, so we reached Ethiopia at night, it was 5hrs flight tho - Ethiopia is 2hrs ahead of Nigeria. From Ethiopia we headed to Rome (technical stop) no one was allowed to come down shaa. It seemed they were refueling..

From Rome we began the real journey to Canada (Toronto). We spent about 5-6hrs crossing the Atlantic Ocean, my heart just dey jump, e don comot from my chest run go stomach..

The worst part was when the Captain made an announcement that it was too cloudy and stuff but said everything was under control, I wan nearly poo for body.

I didn't enjoy my 2nd flight to Toronto at all, I was seated in the middle of 2 arugbos. A man and woman! We just bone talk till we reach here.

***Port of Entry*** When we got in, I and Parisbluefox were sorting our luggages and after every we proceeded. The immi officer sef fear me, he asked why I haven't paid my fees , I told him I'll be paying in person at the school's accounting office 2mrw. He asked if I had the cash, I said no but I have my MasterCard. He said OK!

He started typing and staring at my letter of acceptance as well as my passport, me just bone face nii and for inside I don dey worry say wetin dey happen oga. He asked my names, DOB and asked me to give him my proof of funds, I sharply comot my sponsor's SOAs (business and personal).

He asked whose account was it and I said my uncle. Na so e talk say make I excuse am for a min, e go inside (for my mind - I don melt finish), na so e just come out with a long paper and as I see maple leaves on top, my mind come down. Hin just tear am, staple am with my passport and stamped it. He gave it to me and said "make your parents proud" I winked and said "most definitely".

I missed my flight to Charlottetown, and I was booked for another. I'm still chilling here in Toronto Pearson for the next 2hrs.

Canadians friendly die! Chai.. While I was pulling my luggages, a woman asked me to stop and wait for a min, b4 I could say jack, she brought a cart.

Abeg, Canada na 'must' visit place for everyone on earth. Make una do quick! cheesy #in other news, I'm still waiting for the low-life psychopath threatening me I nor dey enter here.. grin grin

Ethiopian Airlines is just superb ...I was counting how many times they were bringing food, but lost count at some point.

Congrats man, you arrived just in time. Quickly enjoy small summer before e finish patapata for 2014. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 3:35am On Sep 03, 2014
ChriGo: ....Nope, i wasn't...During my time, Lambton process admission individually for applicants without referring them to Maple....Na just recently dem start to dey refer peeps dia by fire by force.....

Wow! So bros ChriGo you self follow study for Lambton College? Good to know. Hope you are enjoying your study?

I just received the reply to the email I sent to Lambton College and in the email I was given the agent's contact info. This goes to corroborate what you guys said earlier.

Thanks all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 03, 2014
akanni:

ku irin arakunrin, op with all u ate, u still hold body well?lol. sebi i told you ur flight was gonna be awesm!

how far with accommodations and settling down? op u get a place soon sha.cheers mate.

Mehhnn! I love the airline. I'd fly it again! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 03, 2014
kingsolve:

Congrats man, you arrived just in time. Quickly enjoy small summer before e finish patapata for 2014. Cheers

Yes oo! Thanks oga mi..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by uceebee(m): 4:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello People!

Reporting live from University of Calgary!
Came in about 2hours ago.

Smooth flight, just a loong layover at Frankfurt and a little turbulence while approaching Calgary, ..but was fine.
Not much questions were asked at POE. I only tendered my LOI, admission letter, filled out one immigration form like that, declared what food items I had in my bag ..That was pretty all.

Then I was given the study permit and a work permit too (up to 20hours weekly).

Omo, this place is fine shaa...

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 4:34am On Sep 03, 2014
uceebee: Hello People!

Reporting live from University of Calgary!
Came in about 2hours ago.

Smooth flight, just a loong layover at Frankfurt and a little turbulence while approaching Calgary, ..but was fine.
Not much questions were asked at POE. I only tendered my LOI, admission letter, filled out one immigration form like that, declared what food items I had in my bag ..That was pretty all.

Then I was given the study permit and a work permit too (up to 20hours weekly).

Omo, this place is fine shaa...

Welcome to my Neighborhood.
Wishing you a lovely integration into the province of good life
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello room,ur urgent advise is needed, my sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship,he added a third name of mine which is not on any of my document and he has travelled,do I leave the name or remove it because I have only the scanned copy of the document.please what can I do about this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 6:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning house, I got this letter last night and I'm being hopeful, also prepared for the worst though. to God be the Glory.

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 04 Jul 2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number:xxxx xxxx xxxxxx
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

Nous vous informons que votre passeport a été transmis du bureau des visas canadiens, le 04 Jul 2014 au Centre de Réception des Demandes de visa Canadiens.
Vous pouvez suivre le statut de votre demande sur notre site internet mentionné ci-dessous en utilisant notre numéro de suivi.
Numéro de suiv:xxxxx Bleep xxxxxxxx
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada

Best Regards/Cordialement,
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos

Lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 6:09am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisviral:

Why please?

First and foremost, toefl written after april is being rejected by most institutions especially embassies. This was the case of my cousin, he had to write IELTS last month even after sitting for toefl.

Lastly IELTS has a more regular exam timetable. They organise exams almost every month and have centers covering almost all geopolitical zones. So the need to travel long distances would hardly arise.

I would like to warn you of a little complication that might arise. Registering Ielts yourself is pretty easy, all you need is your international passport and 35k for the application fee. However if you decide to choose the bank draft payment option, it would attract an extra cost and you would need to mail the draft to British council lagos. When writting the bank draft, write it in favour of "British Council"... do not add jara e.g "British council lagos" or "British council IELTS" . If you do, british council wont process your application and funny part is they dont even bother to notify you that there is a problem with your draft and those idiots dont pick their calls, so you cant even make enquiries without going to their lagos office.

I personally prefer the mastercard payment option. It has no extra charge and doesnt require you to mail anything.

Now anoda problem is, if during the application you refresh or close the page after submitting the first page of the application, you would be stuck in limbo. This is because they would have recorded your name and passport number in their database as one of the applicants for that center when you actually have not completed your registration. The only solution to this is to start your registration afresh and pick either a different exam center or a different month, else any attempt to pick the same center for the same month would cause the browser to return an error message "oops an unpredicted blah blah.."

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2014
standupguy: A question and inquiry, while using two sponsors, do I have to scan documents from both sponsors together as one pdf file?.

Of course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Please is this thread only for those who want's to study in Canada.I want to go for a visit,i don't know how to start.Can someone pls put me through?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
awe2015: You are magic bro! I believe God will do same for me!!!

So when are you coming back to Nigeria We dey miss you die! wink

Come back and do wetin

Amefrica dont mind dis guy,infact run from him!!

Nawa for u o,person neva land u dey ask wen he will com bak, com bak to where!? Abeg

Amefrica if u no get PRV no com bak here o, else na verandah u go sleep,me done take over ur room for IB o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:47am On Sep 03, 2014
KweenCee: Please is this thread only for those who want's to study in Canada.I want to go for a visit,i don't know how to start.Can someone pls put me through?

Visit cic website n take d eligibility test, a list of docs to b submited will b sent to u,dat sud guide u

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.