Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,136 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (836782 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
stayboy1602: I pray less oh tired of the wait God would Take Control he started it he would finish it
amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]

Hey peeps anyone going to conestoga college this December . I need someone we can travel together please......the journey is going to be boring somehow.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
pchax: Hello People, please indulge me to ask another set of questions.

So I am using a sponsor and a co-sponsor. Sponsor has a letter from the bank that says money in fixed deposit is for my studies. Co-sponsor wants to go swear affidavit tomorrow but doesn't know what to swear to since my sponsor stated he would cover all but not restricted to tuition, travelling, medical etc costs.

Question 1

So, What do you think can be in my co-sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship. Can he say that he is willing to sponsor anything not covered by my primary sponsor or he is willing to sponsor all the things stated by my sponsor or he is willing to sponsor me with a specific and stated amount of money per year for the duration of my studies in addition to that of my sponsor? Abeg which one of the affidavits scenarios would hold more water?

Question 2

By extension, I guess this is just a specific way of asking the generic question "What else would a co-sponsor agree to sponsor that is not covered by the primary sponsor?"

Question 3

Also, has anyone got his application approved just by a letter of sponsorship not necessary an affidavit. Co-sponsor is kind of reluctant to go to court.

Thank you.

Q1- the letter should say he his sponsoring u so that your needs are met unquestionably in Canada. I think He should not involve ur primary sponsor in the letter(like since pri sponsor is doing this;i will do this). Let them be independent of eachother.

Q2- ur co-sponsor should state clearly his sponsoring intentions. See ans 1....

Q3- a letter is actually more appropriate. If ur co-sponsor is a close relative u can use only a letter (u can add afidavit as well oh). If not u can if u want to since the primary sponsor has done 1 already.

Note: all letter's must be duly signed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dafinest4life(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please can someone send a copy of SOP to me asap...seniobaf@yahoo.com thanks a bunch....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

I am guessing u r among those that think fixed deposit is bad for ones App. The closing balance of d SOA i submitted was not up to 2mill and my letter of admission stated clearly that i must have at least 5.4mill ($37000) a yr for my studies. I submitted fixed deposits (ova 5mill) of my parent and sponsor just to back up my financial situation and voila i was granted visa. If u have fixed deposit pls do not think short of it, it can really help ur App.

So my friend if ur sponsor has fixed deposits tell him/her to write a letter that states part or all is for ur studies(enof funds). It is even better than affidavit of sponsorship.....
What's the duration of your program sir, and is the 37k purely for tuition or inclusive of the cost of living?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mcjimmy:

@habeeb 521 I swear I picture you to be an intelligent guy since I dey on this tread and read through all ur post.. Thank God you understood what I meant. Some people just get carried away easily without having a rethink of the decision they are about to take.. Canada is not meant for the mediocre and slow thinkers. You need to be smart and be able to take advantage of every disadvantage. Sharp up guys.

Please mind your choice of words. There are other ways to pass your message without pulling people down. That people come here to rub mind isn't a sign of their inability to pull things through by themselves. Remember, no one knows it all and what we often times share are our opinions and things we learn from other people's experience(s).

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
vanrichie4u:

@homels007 Do u mean for instance, if the sponsor (parent) has let's say 50mil in his fixed deposit account, stating on his affidavit that the said amount (50mil) is set for the applicants education!? All of it? Or part of it? Elaborate bro

All you need is a letter stating they will sponsor you and they attach their fixed deposit certificate to indicate their capacity to.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

Q1- the letter should say he his sponsoring u so that your needs are met unquestionably in Canada. I think He should not involve ur primary sponsor in the letter(like since pri sponsor is doing this;i will do this). Let them be independent of eachother.

Q2- ur co-sponsor should state clearly his sponsoring intentions. See ans 1....

Q3- a letter is actually more appropriate. If ur co-sponsor is a close relative u can use only a letter (u can add afidavit as well oh). If not u can if u want to since the primary sponsor has done 1 already.

Note: all letter's must be duly signed.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I guess I need to think of his sponsoring intentions. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dafinest4life: Please can someone send a copy of SOP to me asap...seniobaf@yahoo.com thanks a bunch....

U use jazz nii, Go get some mopol and arrest your babalawo, he's a scam!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
opsynusy: your question 3,to my own knowledge I think an affidavit is better than an ordinary letter o...I stand to be corrected,there are plenty GURUs in the house...

I think the gurus agree with you because silence means consent. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dafinest4life(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
PlayPays:

U use jazz nii, Go get some mopol and arrest your babalawo, he's a scam!

I said please nah...I'm not a scam jor...be nice nah...I just need a sample to know what to write...thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
MrArams:
What's the duration of your program sir, and is the 37k purely for tuition or inclusive of the cost of living?

Duration - 2yrs
$37000 - books, tuition, feeding, accomodation, clothing etc... Inclusive of all cost of living.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dafinest4life(m): 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
Also, please which route is faster online or paper route Before I waste my time...I'm to resume January 2015....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
pchax: Hello Fellow Study Visa Applicants,

I have been noticing a couple of post talking about what to write in the SOP. I was about starting a draft on my SOP and I was looking for resources and samples when I stumbled on this. Although is from the Canadian High Commission to Kenya but I guess the tips on SOP there can guide us when writing our own.

I reproduced the tips below for ease of accessibility and data costs:

Study plan: Please submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

❖Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
❖What is your overall educational goal?
❖Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence?
❖What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
❖How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?
❖What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship? Note: The visa officer may request additional documents or a personal interview.
❖If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full time education, please provide your C.V. (resumé)
❖In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’/guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?

Cheers!

God bless u richly for this.
Exactly the guideline I need at this moment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Midebuja: Pls guys, i need your help. I have been given admission to Lambton college for a PGD. I have paid the required school fees.
What are the documents i need to have before i apply for my Visa. The school has given me a receipt of payment.

cool have also been given admission to lambton also .guess we on the same page. am abt to apply for visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello house....please i want to confirm if this skul "CIMT college (canadian institute of mgt and technology) is a good skul in canny and if anyone has applied there ,because i heard that they just started a course in PGD in business management which might not be so recognised yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
- for paper

lagos@international.gc.ca - for online

Or just send to one and copy(cc) the other.

All the best.

Thanks a lot will do that now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bukky1989: 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
moshood1993:
cool have also been given admission to lambton also .guess we on the same page. am abt to apply for visa

I also ve admission in Lambton. Just submitted my application online, getting ready to go and do the biometric. Pls anyone in the house who had done the biometric is it something that takes time or i have to plan for sleep over and is it advisable i do my medicals now. I dont stay in lag at all plus i need the direction on how to get to the biometric venue. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mcjimmy: [color=#000099][/color]

Hey peeps anyone going to conestoga college this December . I need someone we can travel together please......the journey is going to be boring somehow.....

Insha Allah
I am. Not confirmed visa yet but hoping on the Lord
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larrswag(m): 12:12am On Sep 25, 2014
no he didn't swore an affidavit of support,i only submitted a sponsorship letter, he only stated in the letter that my father helped him to become successful,so he decides to do that to me, well the SOA IS genuine no fraud.sir hope you would pinpoint where my problem is from
Mcjimmy:

1.Did your sponsor sworn an affidavit stating he will be responsible for your tuition fee and all other expenses? 16million is enough
2. Did you write a good SOP and stated you are coming back to Nigeria after your study?
3. Were all the things your sponsor stated in the Affidavit originally documented?
4. Did you state the relationship or prove your relationship with your sponsor properly?
5. Was the statement of account really genuine or forged? If forged then that could be the reason because those people do verify accounts.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 12:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Mcjimmy: [color=#000099][/color]

By God's grace I will be going in dec . Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 12:18am On Sep 25, 2014
pchax:

No one helped you out here? shocked
I am honestly surprised because the people on this thread have the "helping out" attitude.
Sorry about that. I hope it is approved and it goes on fine.

Cheers!

Oh well that's how it happend for me. But I thank God I have God. My one true helper.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lordopsy4jc: 12:21am On Sep 25, 2014
Hi please any any one submitted app online should help on the below, I just need an idea what I should expect after scanning the standard size passport 35*45

Lordopsy4jc: Hello all... hope everyone is doing good today.. please I need a quick bailout on the actual sizing of the passport photograph
for online App. I am kinda confuse right now.. i got my passport snapped as per standard paper print, but while trying to scan
from an HP , am getting a diff specification from the instruction.

Please anyone experience about this should pls give me some guide line or pls send me a PM so that I can send what I have right now for vetting.

My Ogas pls help.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 12:29am On Sep 25, 2014
bukky1989:

I also ve admission in Lambton. Just submitted my application online, getting ready to go and do the biometric. Pls anyone in the house who had done the biometric is it something that takes time or i have to plan for sleep over and is it advisable i do my medicals now. I dont stay in lag at all plus i need the direction on how to get to the biometric venue. Thanks

All things being equal, biometric won't take u up to 10 mins. Once u av submitted ur application, u can't do your medical until u are advise to do it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 3:28am On Sep 25, 2014
bukky1989:

VFS office, Billings Way, Oregun, ikeja.

Think it's number 10. (not so sure)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 5:15am On Sep 25, 2014
omooba2015: Please help, am i going to fill the paper route and print it out or i will print out and use Biro to fill the forms.. pls reply me Thanks. Also my sponsoer international passport as expire, can i use it like that, because he has traveliing history on it.
you fill online, validate and print out along with the bar code, yes to the 2nd question which is not compulsory you add it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 5:16am On Sep 25, 2014
double08:

VFS office, Billings Way, Oregun, ikeja.

Think it's number 10. (not so sure)
that will be 16 billings way oregun.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Goodmorning house, wanna ask the following questions
1. If a person finished WAEC in 2005 and wants to apply for Undergraduate studies, what are his chances of getting TRV
2. The birth certificate issued by my local government is handwritten but stamped. Can I use this?
3. Are all documents verified by the Embassy
4. Can a person use only his present Employment letter if his previous Employment was a casual one. Thanks, Awaiting meaningful response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 6:26am On Sep 25, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Insha Allah
I am. Not confirmed visa yet but hoping on the Lord

For that strong faith and believe, God has done it. And you will have good testimony in the name of almighty God. You can message me your number anytime you feel like so that we can plan our journey together. Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: Goodmorning house, wanna ask the following questions
1. If a person finished WAEC in 2005 and wants to apply for Undergraduate studies, what are his chances of getting TRV
2. The birth certificate issued by my local government is handwritten but stamped. Can I use this?
4. Can a person use only his present Employment letter if his previous Employment was a casual one. Thanks, Awaiting meaningful response

If u are applying for an undergraduate studies you don't need any employment letter considering your age. But if you are above 20yrs you must state the reason for the gap in your education and what you have been doing since you finish your waec.
2.the birth certificate must be authentic not just written with pen, I mean it must show 100% authenticity.
3. Since you are being given admission by the proposed school of choice then I don't think they still verify results because the school must have done that before they decide to accept you. But as per SOA and other document I guess they do thorough checking a on that that is why applications take more time to be determined.
4.wether casual or temporary employment , work experience is work experience and it's an added advantage to your application. But most people that goes for undergraduate program don't necessarily need employment paper considering there age. But try and explain in your sop your education history and no lie in it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2014
chiahmakar: that will be 16 billings way oregun.

It's no 10
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 6:49am On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: Goodmorning house, wanna ask the following questions
hhhhhmmm 1 waec 2005 undergraduate 2014 believe only if the person is still in the youth stage of life, 2 as far the birth certificate. Stamped by d gov I think is should do . 3 If necessary or needed they will, 4i guess so but their r other peeps in the house who's gonna help u

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.