Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,143 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (836759 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hi Nairalanders, I have been following this forum keenly since i started sending in applications to schools in Canada and I've found the discussions here very informative. I'd appreciate if i could get someone with some experience to advise me on the following;

1. I just got admitted into the Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland for a program which begins in September 2015. What is the right time for me to apply for visa considering that the program start time is still about a year away from now.
2. I am currently working with an Agency of the federal government and would be taking a one year study leave to pursue this program which is related to my current job. I was made to understand that this could be a plus for me getting a visa. How true is this?
3. I have enough money to pay for my tuition (refundable) in full before applying for the visa, but as for my living expenses which cic estimates to be $10,000, my brother would be paying. Which documents does he need to submit to support my application?
4. I contacted an agency to help me with my visa processing but the charge was on the high side, and from my small research of the cic website, i discovered that using an agent does not necessarily increase your chances of getting a visa. I would greatly appreciate if somebody in this house who has successfully applied for study permit on his own, furnishes me with info about how to go about applying.
Awaiting your usual informative responses. Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
welcome jakay firstly i want to congratulate u on ur admission nd for i wld say read from part 1 to 6 of this forum gather all the necessary document so u wnt hv to rush urself tinking of wat u submitted or u did nt 2.we cnt confirm hw true as every app re different nd unique3. u need ur statement of account frm ur bro since he will be acting as ur sponsor nd whoever will co sponsor u mite need hometies gud sop dat is statement of purpose nd u hv cum to the ryt place to help urself wid ur app u cn ask others for other information i will strongly advice u to read d very beginning carefully once again welcome smiley
Jakay: Hi Nairalanders, I have been following this forum keenly since i started sending in applications to schools in Canada and I've found the discussions here very informative. I'd appreciate if i could get someone with some experience to advise me on the following;

1. I just got admitted into the Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland for a program which begins in September 2015. What is the right time for me to apply for visa considering that the program start time is still about a year away from now.
2. I am currently working with an Agency of the federal government and would be taking a one year study leave to pursue this program which is related to my current job. I was made to understand that this could be a plus for me getting a visa. How true is this?
3. I have enough money to pay for my tuition (refundable) in full before applying for the visa, but as for my living expenses which cic estimates to be $10,000, my brother would be paying. Which documents does he need to submit to support my application?
4. I contacted an agency to help me with my visa processing but the charge was on the high side, and from my small research of the cic website, i discovered that using an agent does not necessarily increase your chances of getting a visa. I would greatly appreciate if somebody in this house who has successfully applied for study permit on his own, furnishes me with info about how to go about applying.
Awaiting your usual informative responses. Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
amefrica sweetz hw u doin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
standupguy: Please quick advise needed.
My application is ready for submission online but I am waiting for my school fees receipt to be issued to me by Conestoga.
Can I just apply without including it or should I wait till i get it.
I have been told it could take up to 10working days and I think i am running late already.
Or can I include the wire transfer telex copy from the bank.
Oh I don't think so. Mine took 5 working days but I used CBN directly sha cos my hubby works @ a bank. But I don't think it take ups to 10 working days. I would suggest u mail the Julia or anita and ask whether they have gotten the money on monday. And I also suggest you wait tou get the recipt b4 submitting. It will end in praise amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by slyk2(m): 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
How did you repackage please?
trekstar:

Hi,
You can reapply immediately, i reapplied 2 days after my 1st delay and i have gone for my medicals. No time to waste if you want to make winter. As Siga said, it is packaging
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 04, 2014
tianadiva: welcome jakay firstly i want to congratulate u on ur admission nd for i wld say read from part 1 to 6 of this forum gather all the necessary document so u wnt hv to rush urself tinking of wat u submitted or u did nt 2.we cnt confirm hw true as every app re different nd unique3. u need ur statement of account frm ur bro since he will be acting as ur sponsor nd whoever will co sponsor u mite need hometies gud sop dat is statement of purpose nd u hv cum to the ryt place to help urself wid ur app u cn ask others for other information i will strongly advice u to read d very beginning carefully once again welcome smiley
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 12:10am On Oct 04, 2014
brvheart:

I think I wrote a good SOP and the course is significantly related to my first degree and also my line of work... I really feel I haven't omitted any information except the "leave of absent " which I didn't get.... tho d session as begun m next entry is 2015 sept...is it okay if I apply to another sch for January?
Consider this...
Take time to figure out what exactly was wrong with your first application, check thoroughly what's missing, get it fixed and patch all loops, then reapply. Sept is never too long. Include your UCI number in your next apps. Consider being consistent... Saves you time to search for another schl, apps fee and unnecessary explanations on the change of schl. I'm also in for Sept 2015 and for now, I'm enjoying "Farm Life"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:11am On Oct 04, 2014
duntano:
Oh I don't think so. Mine took 5 working days but I used CBN directly sha cos my hubby works @ a bank. But I don't think it take ups to 10 working days. I would suggest u mail the Julia or anita and ask whether they have gotten the money on monday. And I also suggest you wait tou get the recipt b4 submitting. It will end in praise amen.

I Used CBN form A too, the telex copy say transaction was effected on 30th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2014
AT last...realone1 sooo happy for u. oya gather ur kaya go asaju sharperly. ours is next By His Grace. MrArams nice work with our application chart..triple tuale! abeg update Don realone1's status to Medics chopped make we follow dey pray for d next person on d list......d patience is finally paying off cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 12:21am On Oct 04, 2014
I see avalanche of testimonies this time next week. Congrats to awaiting testifiers.
Happy Sallah to our muslim brethrens and don't forget to upload our sallah meat.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 04, 2014
tianadiva: amefrica sweetz hw u doin

I'm fine babes, you? I can feel your medical call-up is on its way..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 1:30am On Oct 04, 2014
Siga: .... McMaster is a solid and respected Uni...

top 100 university globally...92nd position by Times Higher Education 2014 ranking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zioncalling: 2:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Hi house, i have been a silent follower. i will like to know 2-3 recognized schools who offer diploma studies. i have cGPA of 3.3/ 5.0 scale in a state university. thank y'all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 2:22am On Oct 04, 2014
zioncalling: Hi house, i have been a silent follower. i will like to know 2-3 recognized schools who offer diploma studies. i have cGPA of 3.3/ 5.0 scale in a state university. thank y'all

www.aucc.ca

Suit yourself with ur best spec in terms of course,cost and province....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dazlinga: 5:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Pls I need info on filling my Application for study permit done outside Canada Form, I had an unskilled profession of managing a Mack CH dump truck owned by my brother,it was just a gentleman agreement terms for the employment..Should I state this in my employment status page of the application form as I am applying online..This is the last of my doc to upload on the cic website and also they say I shouldn't sign the docs since am applying online,pls will they request me to sign later on as I proceed with the process? Pls someone help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger:
Consider this...
Take time to figure out what exactly was wrong with your first application, check thoroughly what's missing, get it fixed and patch all loops, then reapply. Sept is never too long. Include your UCI number in your next apps. Consider being consistent... Saves you time to search for another schl, apps fee and unnecessary explanations on the change of schl. I'm also in for Sept 2015 and for now, I'm enjoying "Farm Life"
Oga mi Sir, had issues on that package?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zioncalling: 7:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Onyeoma3:

www.aucc.ca

Suit yourself with ur best spec in terms of course,cost and province....

thanks so much. it was very helpful cheers wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2014
This could be the best news for today, just this morning I got this text grin .
Someone might want to help me out. Pls pm me once claimed. grin.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Okay thanks.... Its not same with Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.... Just needed to be sure about that.... And i am now.
kclexa:

Hello VickyRotex
The increase is for Concordia in Alberta and 20k plus is just for course credit. All international students must pay the international student fees of 9k plus in addition to the 20k plus.

They charge per semester and credit units. not per season so you may spend more in you cant take full credit load per semester.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger: This could be the best news for today, just this morning I got this text grin .

lmao... So it's not Pastor Frank this time. cray people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger: This could be the best news for today, just this morning I got this text grin .
LOL...OYO FOR U OO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Onyeoma3:

top 100 university globally...92nd position by Times Higher Education 2014 ranking

Abeggi...where e dey?...can't find it there. I screenshot d top 91-100 university 2014...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2014
meritdee:

lmao... So it's not Pastor Frank this time. cray people
Pls claim it for me, just give me 200k while you 400k. You see how generous I am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
LOL...OYO FOR U OO
Try to be a brothers keeper nah, just claim this thing for me nah.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2014
Good morning house, please I need the experienced in the house to help me check my docs if they are ready to face the 'happy' VO assigned to handle my app.

App for winter 2015 (Jan 5)

Letter of Acceptance... Ready

E-passport and 35mm x 45mm passport photographs... Ready

Police criminal Cert... Ready

SOP... Ready and well written IMO

Letter of sponsorship from my brother... Ready

Mother's and Brother's assets docs... Ready

Mother's Chieftaincy Cert and my LGA Cert... Ready

(The immediate two above should prove home ties me think)

Employment letters, NYSC Cert and CV (Both NYSC and Current employment)... Ready

Both IMM forms well filled.... Ready

SOA... Ready on Wednesday after Salah sad (One of those times you just feel holidays are not needed lipsrsealed )

Tuition not paid...

So house, is their anything I should drop or add?

Thanks people grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger:
Pls claim it for me, just give me 200k while you 400k. You see how generous I am.

Lol, I'm also looking for who can help me claim the ones I received as well. I'll give the person 100% just to clear my name from their books.

you see now that I'm more generous tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger:
Try to be a brothers keeper nah, just claim this thing for me nah.
Those guyz ar jokers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2014
meritdee: Good morning house, please I need the experienced in the house to help me check my docs if they are ready to face the 'happy' VO assigned to handle my app.

Employment letters, NYSC Cert and CV (Both NYSC and Current employment)... Ready

SOA... Ready on Wednesday after Salah sad (One of those times you just feel holidays are not needed lipsrsealed )

Tuition not paid...

Thanks people grin

Prayers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2014
ManTiger:
Prayers

Sure and God answers prayers.. Thanks

But help scrutinize these docs. Hope I didn't leave anything out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2014
meritdee: Good morning house, please I need the experienced in the house to help me check my docs if they are ready to face the 'happy' VO assigned to handle my app.

Tuition not paid...

Thanks people grin

U try: i noticed sometins.
-No academic certs
-No birth certs
-Affidavit of sponsor (might nt b compulsory since its ur bro who is d sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 8:26am On Oct 04, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Those guyz ar jokers
grin I just blush as I see am, my bro be like shocked owo reeee. Na so I laff.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by meritdee(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2014
emperoracro:

U try: i noticed sometins.
-No academic certs
-No birth certs

Oh thanks, I thought It would be getting too much since I've included my NYSC.

Those docs are scanned and available tho, I'll add them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.