Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (829506 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Mcjimmy, can you please post the docs you submitted? including the SOA balance.

Make person start to calculate from now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
soji0509:
@Siga: Uncle, a million Thanks.
You inspire always and have great sense of humour. May your tribe grow here.
Your response are so tempting that am now considering reviving my dream of yesteryears except that age is no more on my side for this TRV thing.
Twice applied in 2006, when all original certificates and travel doc have to be submitted from day 1 of the application to the last day of CIC decision.
Was refuse on a false ground that I did not include my evidence of admission even when I had paid 1 year Tution for a 2 year program.Anxiety for so long a time caused me High BP and no one to encourage and inspire NOT to give up the way you and others have been doing here. Thumb up for being a candle in the darkness.
GOD bless all the NL family. Coming here daily just to get inspired, amused and learn has been pleasurable experience.
Best wishes to you all. Cheers
... Sorry about the denial ...been years already... any plans for PR straight... look into that...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
I am still researching but I would appreciate if anyone can suggest a sch with research based. Masters in Environmental Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
Omonjoe:
Self sponsored as in working to pay tuition and expenses?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
blink6:
@Mcjimmy, can you please post the docs you submitted? including the SOA balance.

Make person start to calculate from now.
shocked wetin you wan they calculate? O ye of little igbagbo grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
Joe980:
shocked wetin you wan they calculate? O ye o little igbagbo grin
Hin be like say some people get some secret formula dem dey use calculate this thing wey dem nefa share with the house. grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
... Been praying for y'all...TRV must sure pass... Cos as the wind blows through the jungle...it touches every leaf...So my prayers will reach y'all.... No one knows how water take enter rock... so, no one go understand how una TRV go reach una hands... God works in mysterious ways... since God works mysteriously and the VO handling ur case is unknown as well... so, God of mystery will handle whoever the VO is to answer YES.... As in maths .. negative + negative = Positive... So, the God of positivity will add an extra negative to any negativity in una lives.. It is well....

Siga just feel like taking it to the church this morning....Y'all Dig wink.

29 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
@siga, Thanks for the prayer.

I claim it... Plus, God go do for you and your family great things...Amen.

@Joe980, Person need know the cause and see if the error dey on one app.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
iykedare:

I m interested in the answer to this question.

what course did you study for your first degree and what course are you going for? Can advanced diploma guys be admitted for masters too?

Ya I guess, depends on the school. ..uni of manitoba stated that if your grades are not up to the requirement you can apply after a pre - masters program gotten from any institution in canada....I did B.Eng in Environmental Engineering in naija. . I am taking post grad cert in Environmental monitoring and Impact assessment I am hoping to get admission for a 1 yr M . Eng program...will start contacting schools when I have my first semester transcript hopefully I can get a conditional offer or something till I am done with my program...really not sure how it works.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:
... The best answers will come from the Program coordinator of the Masters program u wish to go for... send them a mail and u can get the best advise...

Ya I figured I would do that close to when I want to apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
luvly3:

Ya I guess, depends on the school. ..uni of manitoba stated that if your grades are not up to the requirement you can apply after a pre - masters program gotten from any institution in canada....I did B.Eng in Environmental Engineering in naija. . I am taking post grad cert in Environmental monitoring and Impact assessment I am hoping to get admission for a 1 yr M . Eng program...will start contacting schools when I have my first semester transcript hopefully I can get a conditional offer or something till I am done with my program...really not sure how it works.
... I have advised u on this... the best guys to answer u are the program coordinators... the coordinator can decide on who they deem fit after considering high grade candidates... speak to your current Professors... they have friends in most schools or have lectured in those schools before... they can recommend u as well...if ur first degree is in good standing ...u can also use that to apply ...what they do mostly is equate ur PGD courses with theirs and if it blends they take it... most schools are aware of the standard of other schools... Mail them and they will give u best advise...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
luvly3:

Ya I figured I would do that close to when I want to apply
... Trust me... u can mail them as we speak now... some will even take ur calls...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newacca: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
ipain:
I understand and appreciate your concern. No, the person I am dealing with isn't a scammer.

I must confess that he has been very helpful since I knew him. Even the thing that fetch me as much as $500-$1000,though not consistently but it's better, right here in Nigeria, he taught me. Not yahoo yahoo o. Before una pounce on me again.

I am just using a different handle to post this for personal reasons. He is not asking me for a dime.

I will let you all know how things turn out.

Regarding career, I will be back to ask questions. I was here around 2010 looking for info to Canada but when means of raising capital was not possible, I buried the thought. That was when newacca was very active on here and was declined on the basis of health issue.

What do you expect from me when there are no means to get funds and now that someone wants to help? As a matter of fact, I have a half American brother. Same mother both different dad. He isn't willing to help and I don't want to go to him. He didn't grow up here in naija so, he does not know how we relate here. I gave up the thought in 2010 when he said he can't help, not that he does not have the capacity.

Well, I will let you all know how things unfold. We will all learn from this.
Not that I was refused outrightly on health issue, don't get people confused. Since he treatment takes a while, I was advised to close d app by cdhc until I finish the treatment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:
... Trust me... u can mail them as we speak now... some will even take ur calls...

Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lymelyte(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
iykedare:

hey showfz and lymelyte, I guess you guys are done with your first degrees here in Nigeria. Can you do masters after the advanced diploma program?
yes you can do your master ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
yea by His grace[quote author=edwinbiz post=27806807][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
lymelyte:
yes you can do your master ..
... Dont be too sure bro.... Masters is case by case and school by school.... One need to know which Program, school.... Remember these Masters is based on Coordinators and Administrators decisions....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by holycondom: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
ipain:
okay thanks. I will do so. Let's take it step by step.

I was even asking a friend if Canada accept WES trascript conversion like US does. Does anyone know about that?

I only have HND in Petroleum Engineering

Are you the formal 2sexy on Nairaland?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
holycondom:

Are you the formal 2sexy on Nairaland?
....^^^ Afi Holycondom na.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iykedare(m): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:
... Dont be too sure bro.... Masters is case by case and school by school.... One need to know which Program, school.... Remember these Masters is based on Coordinators and Administrators decisions....

Its even more complicated. so one cant be sure of the program to do so be sure that he/she can do masters afterwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
[b]holycondom [/b]what a weird moniker
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:

cheesy cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by holycondom: 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:

Baba Siga, U hv been great and kind to all folks here. First of it kind. I salut u Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by holycondom: 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
Habeeb521:
[b]holycondom [/b]what a weird moniker
How is dat?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
Sorry to those that got refused. I believe you can still reapply by addressing the reasons marked for you. And Online route is still open+you can do upfront medicals to attach with docs because of time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by manover: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello house, Can anybody help me with schools that can offer me Pgd in Computer Science or Information Technology. I would have like to go for Master in Computer Science or Information Technology, but i have 2.2 in Computer Science, and i want the house to help with schools that offers PGD program in in Computer Science or Information Technology.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sosodp(m): 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Good evening house.I applied for study permit and did my submission on 1oct...still haven't heard anything. My friend has done his med n his application is now ready.the problem is we submitted on the same day..please I want to know what might be causing the delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
sosodp:
Good evening house.I applied for study permit and did my submission on 1oct...still haven't heard anything. My friend has done his med n his application is now ready.the problem is we submitted on the same day..please I want to know what might be causing the delay.
... I am sure u guys didnt submit same documents... or same name.... U all need to understand visa is case by case basis.... what may take 1 week to verify ur friends documents might take longer for ur verification to reach back at them...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
sosodp:
woah! them don enter october?

As regards your question, just relax!. you and your friend no get same fingerprint(una no be same).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Siga:
... I am sure u guys didnt submit same documents... or same name.... U all need to understand visa is case by case basis.... what may take 1 week to verify ur friends documents might take longer for ur verification to reach back at them...

Hmm! what doc do they verify the most?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
blink6:

Hmm! what doc do they verify the most?
... Who knows... but probably financial... No one can come here to tell u they know which exactly... except they themselves... undecided

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hey,

Hope you've done your biometrics (I'm guessing you have)

Just give it one or two more weeks. Meanwhile, pray to God for His grace.

You will be fine!

sosodp:

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.