Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826970 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Joe980 Thanks for your swift response. I dont know much about the application but I have most or the required documents including sponsors details which I think is the major hurdle. how do I determine if i have a multiple start dates. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:
Its amazing how effective these threads can be and how effortless/selfless the experienced posters are.. I am a prospective student of University of Guelph ON. I wanna know if I can go ahead with my visa application at this time for a January term... having in mind processes takes an average of 3 month but I have actually read on previous post of very few people pulling it of in 4 to 5 weeks. please advice. Thanks
Wlcm bro. Does not take 3months now. 8weeks on average but below that. I guess u can now nd I advice u be fast about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Estien, check your admission letter if it has Winter, Summer and Fall for resumption of classes. That is multiple start dates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks. I am feeling the love already! Where do I go from here? I have my Admission (hard copy) and my sponsor is ready.
Optimall:
Wlcm bro. Does not take 3months now. 8weeks on average but below that. I guess u can now nd I advice u be fast about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bro, it has Winter and fall.
I have a friend who promised to help with the process, he knows of an Immigration Lawyer right there in Canada. Please just tell me if i can do this without having to pay someone hundreds of thousand. Thanks

Joe980:
@Estien, check your admission letter if it has Winter, Summer and Fall for resumption of classes. That is multiple start dates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:
Its amazing how effective these threads can be and how effortless/selfless the experienced posters are.. I am a prospective student of University of Guelph ON. I wanna know if I can go ahead with my visa application at this time for a January term... having in mind processes takes an average of 3 month but I have actually read on previous post of very few people pulling it of in 4 to 5 weeks. please advice. Thanks

Depends on how lucky you're feeling about it. Noone can really say... If you submit online tonight or first thing tomorrow and they don't come thru with the TRV approval in 8 wks; b4 the start of the school semester (which is averagely enough time to process online submissions these days), you really can't put it against them. Why? Because they already gave a disclaimer on their website saying that it takes 19 weeks on average to process study permit apps from naija.

So, how lucky do you feel about pulling it off in 5 weeks? It's up to you. In my opinion, I think it's "risky" late.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Estien, people here are the best immigration officers you could ever get. Keep your money cool

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I guess I dont have luxury of choice.. I might just tuck my head in.. I actually feel lucky.

redribs:

Depends on how lucky you're feeling about it. Noone can really say... If you submit online tonight or first thing tomorrow and they don't come thru with the TRV approval in 8 wks; b4 the start of the school semester (which is averagely enough time to process online submissions these days), you really can't put it against them. Why? Because they already gave a disclaimer on their website saying that it takes 19 weeks on average to process study permit apps from naija.

So, how lucky do you feel about pulling it off in 5 weeks? It's up to you. In my opinion, I think it's "risky" late.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:
Thanks for the advice. I guess I dont have luxury of choice.. I might just tuck my head in.. I actually feel lucky.

List the documents you have for application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
I thought so. I am still shell-shocked about how effective advise gotten here can be.. hands on!!

so where do I go from here? Please guide me..

Joe980:
@Estien, people here are the best immigration officers you could ever get. Keep your money cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
I dont know what I need but I have my admission letter and my sponsor is ready... I know its more to that, thats why I need your help.

Joe980:
List the documents you have for application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:
I dont know what I need but I have my admission letter and my sponsor is ready... I know its more to that, thats why I need your help.

Could you share your profile?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
redribs:

Sup gee? I'd rather you draft like an essay. At least, that's what I did. The one for visa app might need to be addressed to the VO tho. But I guess it doesn't really matter.
Yes boss,tnx. I got dt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
Please guide me on how to do this. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:

Yeah. And as for the multiple start dates, bear in mind that schools that offer that privilege will want you to indicate which of the start dates you prefer to join. So if you select winter, you should ensure it's clear in your visa application that you are going for winter. In fact, let me give you a personal story to explain things. I had the privilege of multiple start dates to choose from also; FALL 2014 and WINTER 2015. On the offer, I was given a deadline to fill (and indicate preferred semester) and scan back an offer acceptance form that was enclosed in the offer. I filled it, chose FALL, scanned and emailed it back... then few days after, I received an email stating that I was welcome to register into the Fall semester. Unfortunately, visa wasn't approved and because I knew there was really nothing I could do at the time to improve my chances so as to re-apply quickly, I decided to just email my school explaining that my Visa wasn't approved and that I was sure I wanted the winter 2015 semester instead. That's when I now got another email, this time, inviting me to register in the Winter semester. I now included it in my visa application docs just for the VO to understand that I am applying for winter semester this time around. Also, in your study permit app form, you will have to indicate the start date (and end date) of your program. All this long story is just to make you understand that your visa application is not going to be considered for all the start dates on your offer letter so if the timing goes off for the winter application, I doubt (but I'm not totally sure) that your application will be automatically considered for the fall semester.
Really hope you get my point cos this took me some time to draft, lol.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Estien:
Please guide me on how to do this. Thanks

Play with this link first... and determine if you are really ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Estien: 12:01am On Nov 08, 2014
redribs:

All this long story is just to make you understand that your visa application is not going to be considered for all the start dates on your offer letter so if the timing goes off for the winter application, I doubt (but I'm not totally sure) that your application will be automatically considered for the fall semester.
Really hope you get my point cos this took me some time to draft, lol.
All the best

Thank you so much for the explanation. I had a clue and now am more enlightened about this. I hope applying now wont be risky afterall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by rockinStrata: 12:20am On Nov 08, 2014
HIS FRIEND WILL SEND HIM VISA....LOL cheesy

justwise:

What more help do you need? You have an influential friend who can send a visa from Canada to Nigeria and with all the money needed.

All you need now is pick up your visa, book a ticket, pack you stuff and head to the airport, job will be waiting for you in Canada because your friend can make ways even where there is none.

I need to go back to school to study a course called common sense is not actually common.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 12:54am On Nov 08, 2014
rockinStrata:
HIS FRIEND WILL SEND HIM VISA....LOL cheesy

why are you guys omitting the airline that is goinna pick him his friend will send that too on a private date and jet kullllllllll!!!!!! Lolzzzzzzz it is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 08, 2014
wow nw dat sumtin we gonna luk into o
MrArams:

Reading through this dude's history:
1. he once said he is 18 years old.
2. A 3rd class graduate of Geography and Regional planning
3. 2.2 grad of computer science

Which one person go believe. NL sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 1:02am On Nov 08, 2014
manover:
Am a new undergraduate comp. sc. student at the university of Regina. Just simply email the international admission of your school that you need a supervisor, then they,ll simply send you a form to fil, thats all. Tho it mighy vary amongst universities, that i don't know.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 1:02am On Nov 08, 2014
Estien:

Thank you so much for the explanation. I had a clue and now am more enlightened about this. I hope applying now wont be risky afterall?

Pls go ahead with your application because you have nothing to lose with a try. I always advice people to be bold and take chances.
So don't say it is not possible when you haven't tried. The worst thing that can happen, is that you will be required to defer your admission.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 08, 2014
lolz nw u guys shld stop dis its past nw d guy dn cold nitin dey work lyk dat
Habeeb521:
why are you guys omitting the airline that is goinna pick him his friend will send that too on a private date and jet kullllllllll!!!!!! Lolzzzzzzz it is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 08, 2014
hmmmm [quote author=edwinbiz post=27820726][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2014
tianadiva:
New undergrad who hasnt left jare. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 1:23am On Nov 08, 2014
ipain:
This is not a Nigerian I am dealing with both white Canadian who has his own company.

But who knows? We will all learn from this, either good or bad.

If it turns out right, I will let you all know and if it turns out bad, I will let you all know.

However. I understand why you came down hard on me because I remember you made me to understand a few years ago that the biggest CanadaVisa scam Nigeria has ever known emanated from Nairaland.

Yeah, you told me when I said I read it in newspaper a year previously. I am talking about the one where the whole nation gathered at National Theatre Iganmu.

We can be very doubtful and that's fair enough. I have a personal relationship with this person built since 2012.

Well... Let's see how things go. I will keep you all posted.

Hi,
I have gone through your post and it sounds very desperate. I must warn you that showing signs of desperation is the easiest way of falling into a scam.
The reason people succeed in scamming is because they are patient and build trust with their victims before they strike the victim.

No body can issue you a visa from Canada, even a parent can't get visa for their adult children. You must go through the visa process.
So if he wants to help you, he should send you legitimate job offer that you can verify with Canadian embassy in Lagos.

Please take a few minutes and read about this type of visa promises on the Canadian immigration website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ipain: 2:56am On Nov 08, 2014
kclexa:

Hi,
I have gone through your post and it sounds very desperate. I must warn you that showing signs of desperation is the easiest way of falling into a scam.
The reason people succeed in scamming is because they are patient and build trust with their victims before they strike the victim.

No body can issue you a visa from Canada, even a parent can't get visa for their adult children. You must go through the visa process.
So if he wants to help you, he should send you legitimate job offer that you can verify with Canadian embassy in Lagos.

Please take a few minutes and read about this type of visa promises on the Canadian immigration website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp
yes, thanks for the reply. He said he would speak with a few companies of people he knows and that I would have to go through the normal process for background check.

Thank you all.

I will keep everyone posted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 3:17am On Nov 08, 2014
hmm..all new usernames..pretty decent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 4:46am On Nov 08, 2014
toucheli:
hmm..all new usernames..pretty decent.

Quite a long time bro.,

how are your wife and kids

Don't tell me you ain't got none since all these time angry angry angry angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 5:23am On Nov 08, 2014
pls, i need urgent response as i will applying tomorrow online. For those that applied online how did u do the electronic signature. Secondly, which of the lntl. passport page did you submit.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 5:27am On Nov 08, 2014
pyzdan:
pls, i need urgent response as i will applying tomorrow online. For those that applied online how did u do the electronic signature. Secondly, which of the lntl. passport page did you submit.
Thanks

After completely filling the form, click on validate, that would sign it and For ur intl passport scan the front data page, the two inside pages that contains ur bio and pics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 5:34am On Nov 08, 2014
Good morning all...

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.