Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828026 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:01am On Nov 25, 2014
tnuola:

Dude, calm down abeg, I bet when you get that international exposure you so crave you'll understand that there's more to life than just popping bottles every weekend. You don't have to be cocky Cuz you got the visa on first trial, neither do you have to announce that you ain't gne be on here anymore, trust me if you had left silenty no one would have noticed.

Be wise Cuz when you get to Canada whether you know people there or not, you'll still come here to ask for people's help.
Probably by then he will change his monika and claim he is new here....its not his fault shaa.

Morning ALL

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 7:05am On Nov 25, 2014
chiahmakar:
cic states that photocopies can be submitted you dont need to stress yourself about getting all the original documents, there've been alot of misleading infomations here so I will advice you to go through the website and checklist carefully follow THEIR instructions. if your application is legit original or photocopy your visa will be granted.
goodluck
my dear,summit originals for ur own safety.originals guarantee authenticity....this CIC people u don't know what they look in applications.so better do what's right...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iheanyi4u(m): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2014
Hey guys please I need help. I want to study Environmental Technology and I haave a 2.2. What universities in the Manitoba, newfound land, Alberta and Saskachewan area should I apply to and any other info I can get would be appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:18am On Nov 25, 2014
@ standupguy, redribs, meritdee, Cufs..etc hope u guyz hav got ur medical fee ready.,,,,

Its good news from now on....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2014
veron12:
Help! Help!! Help!!! I didn't submit my international passport in the process of applying online. But I'm getting too scared if it won't delay my visa processing. Please is anyone here that applied online? Please kindly help .It exactly 43 days I submitted my application and 31 days I did my biometrics.pls kindly be of help.
Gd morning @veron12 what about your international passport num hope you gave them? My email came in exactly 40 days after my biometrics since yours is still 31 days just wait and prayer harder. But submitting the bio data page of your international passport is one of the requirement how cld u forget dat? Dats risky ooooooo. Well, God will favour you don't wori.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 25, 2014
emperoracro:

This is disturbing; i have applied but they are still demanding for ielts or Toefl, what should i do now, can't be wasting money unnecessarily now

1. What program, UG or PG
2. What department
3. You may need to write IELTS, if such is demanded by the department. The decision to write or not to write is usually made by the Academic Unit of your department through the Admission Officer(AO). Deem it fit to contact your AO.
Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Probably by then he will change his monika and claim he is new here....its not his fault shaa.

Morning ALL

lols @ changing moniker. What apology could have done, and you'd be more respected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:45am On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

lols @ changing moniker. What apology could have done, and you'd be more respected.
Maturity/attitude differs

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2014
iheanyi4u:
Hey guys please I need help. I want to study Environmental Technology and I haave a 2.2. What universities in the Manitoba, newfound land, Alberta and Saskachewan area should I apply to and any other info I can get would be appreciated

1. Having 2.2 is not the issue, your cgpa is. If your cgpa conversion meets the minimum requirement, you are good to go.
2. If your cgpa don't meet the minimum requirement, but just with a little disparity, you could appeal for a waiver with a strong Statement Of Purpose/Interest(SOP/I).
3. You may check the websites of the universities you are interested in, and decide what to do yourself.
4. ...since, you may be in a phase of undecision now, try MUN wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iheanyi4u(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

1. Having 2.2 is not the issue, your cgpa is. If your cgpa conversion meets the minimum requirement, you are good to go.
2. If your cgpa don't meet the minimum requirement, but just with a little disparity, you could appeal for a waiver with a strong Statement Of Purpose/Interest(SOP/I).
3. You may check the websites of the universities you are interested in, and decide what to do yourself.
4. ...since, you may be in a phase of undecision now, try MUN wink

Thanks so much man. Whats the conversion rate? lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2014
MrArams Sir, pls how did u explain the Lump sum u moved into the account. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2014
Vycta:
Hey, people.

I have been trying to get a course advisor @ UoM, have sent mailsssssssss, like almost sent to All their staff, e remain small make I send go the VC lol....

Pls guy that have gone beyond this.... How long did it take them to reply you

What do u think I might be doing wrong

that is Manitoba, ryt?
I experienced the same, but like one or two got back to me, said they don't take on new research student as at then, like 4-5 months ago. Most of them just ignored the mail.
Then on to MUN, sent mail to all in my department too, the dean got back to me. Said I could go ahead with application, though I didn't secure a Supervisor. Well, I took the leap of Faith.
End point: contact your dean of faculty, tell him of it all, then follow his advise. Also, you may need to call o. (I don call Manitoba tire before I change my mind... Lols... Guessed they were on break then sha.)
Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:32am On Nov 25, 2014
StandupGuy, Redribs & Muritdee grin Oya Recieve Med! Recieve TRV!! Recieve TRV!!! make una do collect una own mbok, make my turn reach jor grin. Feeling great this morning smiley ..... Wishing us a blessed day, days and weeks ahead full of good news.. wink

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2014
iheanyi4u:

Thanks so much man. Whats the conversion rate? lol grin

smiles.
The concept is to convert your 5 point cgpa to a 4 point scale. Use the formula below:

(X/5) * 4 = y
Where, X is your 5 point scale cgpa
Y is your X converted to a 4 point scale which Canada uses.
E.g if u finish with 3.0 out of possible 5, then
(3/5) * 4 = 2.6

Peace

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DebohBaron(m): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2014
Oh nice one mahn, I'm heading to Centennial College, Ontario.
eddy20:
bro,take it easy....God has done it for u,and be happy.But pls try not to use harsh words on people,even if they use the words on u,u don't have to reply.I also got my Visa on 1st try,all thanks be to God for it.This Nairaland forum helped me greatly.I never knew anything about NL,it was friend that refered me here.This NL forum helped me to know all documents needed and I thank God today I have my TRV.I also have the return ticket,and it is not compulsory to use it.Just as Oga siga has said,there are different reasons people live Nigeria.Success man.By the way am Heading to Humber college toronto...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
@ standupguy, redribs, meritdee, Cufs..etc hope u guyz hav got ur medical fee ready.,,,,

Its good news from now on....

A resounding Amen.
Like I said earlier, I dey here dey observe even though i no fit shout.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DebohBaron(m): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2014
I'm sorry bro if I sounded cocky but Did u read the reply I got from the guy saying I'm the reason Nigeria is like this because I'm happy that I got the visa??
If you haven't pls try and read it..
It wasn't intention to sound cocky at all and I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

And I appreciate all the help I got in nairaland and I've said already... Willing to help anybody that have any question, just mention me and I'll help in anyway I can.

Siga:
... Oga Deboh... Easy oo... A lot of people leave Naija for different reasons... Life is not only about popping bottles and partying... We have people that left cos their lives were in danger ... and relocate their families to a safer place ... A lot actualize their dreams when they step out of Naija.... remember even God told Abram to migrate... Even if u have all these to say... U should have kept it to urself and leave the forum quietly... hundreds have done it over the years that I've been on this forum... its no crime... people get busy once they land with work and school... take it easy Oga...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DebohBaron(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2014
I don't get, did u read wht I replie to.
Seriously!??
I'm the one that needs yo grow up??
Alright then...

It's all good.
realone01:
The way u talk tho. Grow up boy!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2014
DebohBaron:
I'm sorry bro if I sounded cocky but Did u read the reply I got from the guy saying I'm the reason Nigeria is like this because I'm happy that I got the visa??
If you haven't pls try and read it..
It wasn't intention to sound cocky at all and in sorry if I made it seem that way.

And I appreciate all the help I got in nairaland and I've said already... Willing to help anybody that had any question, just mention me and I'll help I in anyway I can.

you are good for saying 'Sorry'. All the best in your endeavour

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2014
vicarsenal:
MrArams Sir, pls how did u explain the Lump sum u moved into the account. Thanks

Na pension money....it was self explanatory as the source of the fund reflected in the SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2014
mesh2003:

If u feel that information and advices given here are misleading, then what d heck are u
doing here?why not depend on d CIC website. Please put d original documents and 2 photocopies of each
The rude tone is totally unnecessary,advising someone to put original and two photocopies of each document shows you don't know anything about the paper application, if you are not certain go through their website and stop encouraging people to over pack their application file. Keep it simple. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by 9jabiggurl: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2014
Leaderdeji:
Dear All,

6. My statement of account – N6.5m (note: my husband move N6m from his account to mine)
7. Letter of sponsorship and support from my husband

@LEADERDEJI..in my opinion, your husband should not have moved N6m to your account...he should have stood in as your main sponsor and you support. If you claim you are the main sponsor with N6.5m and Husby with N1m, they will wonder how you will survive when you are gone knowing fully well that your income will not flowing anymore....I strongly believe your husband should have the huge sum and then all his work paper and document will support the fact that there will be a continuous support whilst you are away.

Hope that makes sense.....Thats what i plan to do when applying...was going to apply with my husby and boys before but after been cautioned on this thread I am definitely not and will use my husby as main sponsor and show continuous support through his work, payslip, etc......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2014
It does, notorizing photocopies does also. Most sponsors that are not directly related to you won't hand you their cac, cof, et al to go tie down for months. Yes you can submit your original waec transcripts etc your own personal documents
eddy20:
my dear,summit originals for ur own safety.originals guarantee authenticity....this CIC people u don't know what they look in applications.so better do what's right...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Then it's settled..... grin u will be called for medicals dis week.

Amen ooh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2014
"Clubbing every weekend and popping bottles". LOL.
Wow. That sure gave me a good laugh.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2014
Shyee:

that is Manitoba, ryt?
I experienced the same, but like one or two got back to me, said they don't take on new research student as at then, like 4-5 months ago. Most of them just ignored the mail.
Then on to MUN, sent mail to all in my department too, the dean got back to me. Said I could go ahead with application, though I didn't secure a Supervisor. Well, I took the leap of Faith.
End point: contact your dean of faculty, tell him of it all, then follow his advise. Also, you may need to call o. (I don call Manitoba tire before I change my mind... Lols... Guessed they were on break then sha.)
Peace

Yes ooo manitoba, thet thing tire me ooo

I will do like u said, contact the dean.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by veron12: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks @lilspiceyy .my bio data information was submitted. Thanks for the info. Pls can u send me your number Or mail address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2014
Joe980:
@tianadiva; cool temper biko wink.
helo dear hw u doin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:23am On Nov 25, 2014
veron12:
Thanks @lilspiceyy .my bio data information was submitted. Thanks for the info. Pls can u send me your number Or mail address?
Worry less, that's what is needed for online. I hope its the page though?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by dramacox: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2014
Please nairalanders, I just got an admission from Algonquin college in a 2yrs diploma course but someone told me that the chance of getting visa is low because am suppose to apply to an advance diploma course since i had already finished a university degree. is this true? pls ur response is important.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:27am On Nov 25, 2014
@tianadiva; cool temper biko wink.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2014
tianadiva:
helo dear hw u doin?
I'm good, you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.