Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825401 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
realone01:
Are u going for computer science? If yes, try university of regina. You do not need to worry about getting a supervisor

What if I wanna stick with manitoba how do I scale through this hurdle?

Plz how
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
As in d wait don overtire persin.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
MrArams and Realone..how now,how preparations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
osemobo85:
loladeoye:
What date did you guyz apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbemisolaw: 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
Pls I came out with third class in chemical engineering here in Nigeria and I want to further in Canadian university; how possible?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
New immigration rules to be in effect from January 2015. Now I dunno if this rule is gonna have any direct effect on study permits but I know it affects it indirectly and positively too i.e. for those that are hoping to get the permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class. Good luck to every one waiting patiently for their study permits to be approved. I pray you all get it.. cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
emperoracro:

This is disturbing; i have applied but they are still demanding for ielts or Toefl, what should i do now, can't be wasting money unnecessarily now

Yes, mun asked me for toefl last week Friday, after series of emails and arguments to waive it for me, I called the assistant registrar and he said Nigeria is a complicated country with plenty languages. That even though our language of instruction in schools is English, we don't speak it outside the classroom and in personal/social interaction - that's exactly what he said... I just fashied the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Leaderdeji: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
akanni:

stick to what you started with,include any evidence you have of your business, registration papers.You can use 2 sponsors and they don't have to be related.

My husband's friend has offered to be my second sponsor. The challenge here is how I am going to define my relationship with him. How do I justify why he will be co- sponsoring me since we are not related?

Please guide me as you have always do.

Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:
Pls I came out with third class in chemical engineering here in Nigeria and I want to further in Canada university; how possible?

It is possible to further your education in a Canadian University but the only thing I know you can do first is to apply to a university in Canada to upgrade because you cant really do much with a third class. Now getting admission to upgrade is not an easy task as well because there is always competition for limited spots and admission is not guaranteed. The other option you have is to look at doing an advanced diploma program or a pgd at a Canadian college because some colleges accept third class.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by osemobo85: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
my online application is taking forever for me to get a response ( a month and 3 weeks). what should i do? write to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by osemobo85: 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
@loladeoye I APPLIED OCT 3RD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbemisolaw: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
demoah:

It is possible to further your education in a Canadian University but the only thing I know you can do first is to apply to a university in Canada to upgrade because you cant really do much with a third class. Now getting admission to upgrade is not an easy task as well because there is always competition for limited spots and admission is not guaranteed. The other option you have is to look at doing an advanced diploma program or a pgd at a Canadian college because some colleges accept third class.

Thank you sir,
Pls can u recommend any college than run the program?
I av searched internet but never get any college that run PGD in chemical engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jetspeed: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dear All. Pls can a family friend stands as sponsor? If not who can?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

Thank you sir,
I av searched internet but never get any college that run PGD in chemical engineering.

I don't know any college at the moment that offers PGD in chemical engineering but I know some colleges that offer Advanced Diploma in Chemical engineering tech. look at Mohawk College (Chemical Engineering Tech, Advance diploma Program) and Lambton College (Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nabylet:

Yes, mun asked me for toefl last week Friday, after series of emails and arguments to waive it for me, I called the assistant registrar and he said Nigeria is a complicated country with plenty languages. That even though our language of instruction in schools is English, we don't speak it outside the classroom and in personal/social interaction - that's exactly what he said... I just fashied the school.

Mumu pple,its now dey know dat,i av applied already spent close to 50k already,idiots!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

Thank you sir,

Plz Apply to a uni first.... Dont just conclude that u wont b accepted.
Apply to M.Eng, dont bank on geting a schoolarship.

Try Uni ottawa, UNB, Usask dey al hv M.Eng in Chemical Engr.
tnk me leta
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Vycta:

What if I wanna stick with manitoba how do I scale through this hurdle?

Plz how

do as the dean said, please check google on how to write resounding SOP. Write one and forward to your people you are interested in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Joe980 7post=28317020:
@ada4all; what is your major and have you any experience in IT world?

I studied estate management and I don't have any experience but I have strong interest in IT. I am about starting CCNA program. I currently work in a bank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
osemobo85:
@loladeoye I APPLIED OCT 3RD
Via paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Vycta:

I mailed the head of computer science department

Told him about the none reply of depmtal staff to my advisor request, he said that I should try and convince them that I have interest in their work and will stay @ their lab(s).

Guys wetin me no knw na how I go convice these men say I like their research and am interested in it, when most of their research I don't even know what its all about.

Guys that have gone tru this stage abeg helep oooo

ah ah Check google and the school's official site. Look, if you really want to do this thing you can. Each department has its own site, on the site, there are profiles of each of these Doctors. On their profile, and interests you can write your SOP to them. Please do as I said.

On the other hand, thanks for this post, you just opened my eyes to the need to contact potential supervisors again. I now know what to write in the bid to show them I am the ideal student they want. Please do same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Leaderdeji:

My husband's friend has offered to be my second sponsor. The challenge here is how I am going to define my relationship with him. How do I justify why he will be co- sponsoring me since we are not related?

Please guide me as you have always do.

Regards,

House, can you advise please? I have no idea on the sponsor thing, please share.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbemisolaw: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
demoah:

I don't know any college at the moment that offers PGD in chemical engineering but I know some colleges that offer Advanced Diploma in Chemical engineering tech. look at Mohawk College (Chemical Engineering Tech, Advance diploma Program) and Lambton College (Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology )

Thank you sir. I want to join your family here sir.
The problem I'm having is this low CGPA of mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nabylet:

it seems the IELTS issue has to do with the program of study. I applied to Eng'ring dept in August for Fall 2015, I only used English as medium of instruction. Yes for MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jetspeed:
Dear All. Pls can a family friend stands as sponsor? If not who can?
Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

You can call some universities with your program of interest as well and speak to them drectly. They will tell you your chances of getting into their school and suggest other options that might be helpful

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

Aunty Gbemi, if you really wanna join this family, you can. Your CGPA is NOT an issue, abegi. Google this ' Universities in Canada that offer pgd in Chemical Engineering '. Don't tell us here you have searched ALL the internet. Sometimes, your answer is on the 50th google list of answers - that is what I call research. Feeling Lucky with google may not be what you need. smiley :0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbemisolaw: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Plz Apply to a uni first.... Dont just conclude that u wont b accepted.
Apply to M.Eng, dont bank on geting a schoolarship.

Try Uni ottawa, UNB, Usask dey al hv M.Eng in Chemical Engr.
tnk me leta
Okay sir... I have mailed some universies like university of New Brunswick but they keep emphasising on my CGPA. They said due to high competitive nature of the program that they would not consider me...
Sir I want your opinion or help on dis.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

Okay sir... I have mailed some universies like university of New Brunswick but they keep emphasising on my CGPA. They said due to high competitive nature of the program that they would not consider me...
What are you applying for, MSc or M.Eng?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
I studied estate management and I don't have any experience but I have strong interest in IT. I am about starting CCNA program. I currently work in a bank. [/quote] You should go for admission in a course currently related to ur work,maybe Masters/Pgd in Administration or Accountancy related courses,when u get over there u can change to ur choice of course(IT).Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gbemisolaw: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

What are you applying for, MSc or M.Eng?

M.Eng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

there Hundreds of Universities in Canada, please don't relent. I read somewhere that Naija cgpa tend to weigh more than Canadian's. Why not continue your effort. Please don't relent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbemisolaw:

M.Eng
You should get in.
Whats your CGPA

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.