Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826141 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
@Redribs... You ready? Friday na your day oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
Is it possible not to apply with a supervisor for pgd studies at MUN and UofR?..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
@Redribs... You ready? Friday na your day oh.

LOL. Baba, even if na tomorrow sef, I full ground.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ Cufs any update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 3:33am On Dec 02, 2014
Optimall:
Is it possible not to apply with a supervisor for pgd studies at MUN and UofR?..

Yes, you need a supervisor only if you want to go for a thesis based program

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 5:11am On Dec 02, 2014
ezekuse:
@pchax thanks for the quick response

i am not applying for a masters program rather i am applying for a postgraduate certificate program will it still be 2 months processing time make i change to college sharp sharp also did you pay a deposit before getting the acceptance letter

No I did not deposit before getting the acceptance letter. Even sef, I have not still made any deposit as of the time of typing. I don't know much about their PG Cert Programs. I hope someone else on this thread would respond to you. You can also send them a mail or check out their website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 5:36am On Dec 02, 2014
STORY TIME

As I was leaving the Visa office yesterday after submitting my passport, a police Van double crossed me while I was waiting for Obalende Bus just by Oando filling station. 2 men were inside, 2 were siting in the covered boot panel and they all had assault rifles. They demanded I hand over all the documents in the black folder I was carrying. I promptly did that cos I did not want whahala. They were going through all the documents and they asked for my name. I told them. They now said "so you sef wan travel", I kept mute. They asked where I work. By then I had regained my confidence from the early shock and I decided to play "humility" with them. I told them "your boy is trying to push it on the streets ooo.... No real job yet". That was when the two that were sitting at the back jumped down and demanded I enter the van. There and then, I knew the answer I gave them about where I work was the wrongest because with my faded jeans and t-shirt they would have assumed I was a "runs guy" trying to do some shady deals around the embassy. I stood my ground tough. Luckily for me, the man searching my papers came across my NYSC certificate and said "ooo... you be corper sef". I agreed to being a corper. And he gestured for the 2 that wanted to take me into the van to stop. They kept on demanding for my International Passport and honestly, I did not have it on me. They even ransacked the file I was carrying to look for it. To cut the long story short, they wasted like 5 minutes of my time before they left and they gave me back all my documents.

Has anyone had such an experience with them around that area before?

My advice now to those going to the embassy is to dress responsibly. Because I believe they profiled me to go after me cos I dressed in a "runs guy"way (a pair of jeans that has seen better days and a black t-shirt 3 times my size with some heavy grafitti inscriptions in front). Also, no matter what happens, never hand over your passport to anyone.

May God guide us all and keep us safe.

Good Morning and have a fruitful day!

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 6:06am On Dec 02, 2014
@pchax sorry about your ordeal. Which bus stop is that? Is it @ Oregun?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2014
House, the way naira is falling is worrisome. Is it advisable to open a dorm acct and convert ur moni to dollars before it hits 200 naira mark?
Suggestions please cos my money come de small everyday angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:10am On Dec 02, 2014
@pchax; morning bruv. My experience was on vfs axis/Oregun while going for submission. My keke was pulled over by them squad...All passengers were told to come down and were checked, the back of the keke and keke driver wasn't left out. The other two passengers were cleared and I was told to identify my self. First question was; what do you have on you? cuz I was with a brown envelop containing my documents. Dem "men" collected it...my papers were checked page by page with questions. They asked where I work, showed my work ID card and was about showing them my national id and voter card when they said, "gentle man, we have seen what we needed...you can go". Thanked them and joined my keke. NB...no matter how you dress, they would stop and search when they want to cuz they know what goes on around the axis.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2014
Anugoson:
@ Cufs any update?

Nope, not yet. Getting the passport today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 6:23am On Dec 02, 2014
toucheli:
good day all, I'm trying to confirm where the closest international airport to delta state is, i'm considering flying from Canada to Delta state in a couple days time, anyone got an idea what my connecting route will be?? reply needed asap..thanks

Enugu,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bimbolamelo: 6:43am On Dec 02, 2014
jaylinaaa:
Hello,

I think you should run a google search. Something like "colleges in Canada offering **** undergraduate courses". You should get a lot of information on colleges you can select from. Then check their websites for requirements. Seeing that you are going for undergrad, I think a good WAEC result will go a long way and a good essay too. The processing time depends on the school and they usually have deadlines. But apply early! You might want to apply to at least two schools to avoid any disappointment.

When you get your admission, you can start finding out how to apply for a study permit but one bridge at a time smiley. Thanks maam,please I want ask if my uncle in Canada could sponsor me,will the embassy allow that?.....the tuition fee of the school I applied to is 7k,how much do I need to pay before applying for a study permit? Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 7:35am On Dec 02, 2014
lol,I'm for Ethiopia 26th
cman4good:
I will b moving 29th... with Ethiopia.. are u going the same day? if yes then lets partner.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 8:30am On Dec 02, 2014
ezekuse:
@pchax thanks for the quick response

i am not applying for a masters program rather i am applying for a postgraduate certificate program will it still be 2 months processing time make i change to college sharp sharp also did you pay a deposit before getting the acceptance letter
if u wanna do postgraduate certificate program better apply to college and u will get ur admission with 1 month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2014
Cufs:

Nope, not yet. Getting the passport today.
Aiit...Goodluck dear!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tiebe: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2014
toucheli:

gabialonso and tnuola thanks, i thought as much, was just hoping i'll get something better.

as far as i know, warri airport, Osubi, is still functional. . .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 9:32am On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry ooo wow!
pchax:
STORY TIME

As I was leaving the Visa office yesterday after submitting my passport, a police Van double crossed me while I was waiting for Obalende Bus just by Oando filling station. 2 men were inside, 2 were siting in the covered boot panel and they all had assault rifles. They demanded I hand over all the documents in the black folder I was carrying. I promptly did that cos I did not want whahala. They were going through all the documents and they asked for my name. I told them. They now said "so you sef wan travel", I kept mute. They asked where I work. By then I had regained my confidence from the early shock and I decided to play "humility" with them. I told them "your boy is trying to push it on the streets ooo.... No real job yet". That was when the two that were sitting at the back jumped down and demanded I enter the van. There and then, I knew the answer I gave them about where I work was the wrongest because with my faded jeans and t-shirt they would have assumed I was a "runs guy" trying to do some shady deals around the embassy. I stood my ground tough. Luckily for me, the man searching my papers came across my NYSC certificate and said "ooo... you be corper sef". I agreed to being a corper. And he gestured for the 2 that wanted to take me into the van to stop. They kept on demanding for my International Passport and honestly, I did not have it on me. They even ransacked the file I was carrying to look for it. To cut the long story short, they wasted like 5 minutes of my time before they left and they gave me back all my documents.

My advice now to those going to the embassy is to dress responsibly. Because I believe they profiled me to go after me cos I dressed in a "runs guy"way (a pair of jeans that has seen better days and a black t-shirt 3 times my size with some heavy grafitti inscriptions in front). Also, no matter what happens, never hand over your passport to anyone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2014
toucheli:

gabialonso and tnuola thanks, i thought as much, was just hoping i'll get something better.
U can fly to lagos and den fly to Warri or Asaba,depends on wc part of Delta ure goin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Josh121(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2014
pchax:
STORY TIME

Bro same thing happen to my brother , my original document , the said it fake i was so mad , i had to call my brother who is a police officer since am not in town , and the poor boy was scared , When i called is number the police man said you are talking to a police officer and i was like and so fucker what , i ask him questions and he started saying things that was in the document and told him that is not his business and he hang up before my brother called and he was ask to go

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2014
@pchax pele. I was still assaulted by one of those guys about 2wks ago. It's like they are out 4 young guys this season. The injustice is getting too much.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabuloustee(f): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2014
Wishing everyone all the best with their TRV application, it's time to start packing......am not really good at this I always forget one thing or the other, I need anyone to help me with packing tips

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by dadude: 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
hello house, please has anyone received admission offer for 2015 Summer session for Master's program from University of Manitoba. It starts February and I believed they ought to have started sending it but I have not gotten my. thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Please abeg Wu knows concordia university college of Alberta. someone gave me link concerning masters in information systems security management.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hello house....pls how does one tackle the problem of "purpose of visit"...its one of the reasons for my denial...I am thinking it's cos am going in for a diploma and my age is d telling factor...

Help needed...Gurus in d house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kellycute(m): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
pchax:
STORY TIME

I had same experience with them few months ago when I went to visa office for my biometric. On my way home, one of d uniform dude ran toward me and td me to follow him, I was like wtf. They searched all my documents and started asking some dumbass questions like who gave u this employment letter bla bla, I stood my ground told them everything right dere belong to me. They were jus lukin for fault but found nothing. After about 10min one of d dude askd me my tribe I told him bini, he said ok u can go. But honestly I was scared sha but didn't show it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
tweeny24:
Hello house....pls how does one tackle the problem of "purpose of visit"...its one of the reasons for my denial...I am thinking it's cos am going in for a diploma and my age is d telling factor...

Help needed...Gurus in d house

/////
Bro, I believe 'purpose of visit' is just a way of saying ur intention to study isn't genuine. So well....u cud look into ur sop, some say fee payment/accommodation helps too, is ur work experience related to ur proposed course of study, how about ur previous qualification, age may not really mean so much and yea I believe the level of the program u'r going for mean something too....for instance;.u may need to explain well y u av a bsc n u wanna go a diploma course hmmn.... if I be VO too I wud doubt d purpose of visit...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
Very bleak day as CIC did not grant my application.
I am thrown into absolute confusion as to why i was refused even though the only reasons highlighted was insufficient funds.
These documents listed was used my older brother who graduated 4 months ago and now has a job.

Sponsors Certificate of incorporation
Sponsor SOA Bal. 1.5m, Fixed deposit 25m, Total debt and credit over 108m.
Sponsor Passport (Blood Sister).
Sponsor baptismal certificate (birth certificate eaten by rats).
Sponsor letter of support
Sponsor affidavit of support

Co Sponsor (Blood Sister)
Co Sponsor Letter of Intro. (Head of Operations leading Nigerian bank)
Co Sponsor Property doc.
Co Sponsor SOA 85 Naira Total credit/debit 22M (very funny she didn't want to give me her main account. she said all they needed was to see the cash flow, we argued the thing tire)
Co Sponsor Certificate of treasury bill 10M
Co Sponsor baptismal certificate (birth certificate eaten by rats).
Co Sponsor letter of support
Co Sponsor affidavit of support
Co sponsor Passport
My Passport
Police report
Nysc discharge
Family I.Ds
School fees receipt (7000k) Paid
Beautiful Statement of Purpose

Actually my brother used only my co sponsor as his only sponsor and he applied only once.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by librasat: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
standupguy:
Very bleak day as CIC did not grant my application.
I am thrown into absolute confusion as to why i was refused even though the only reasons highlighted was insufficient funds.
These documents listed was used my older brother who graduated 4 months ago and now has a job.

Sponsors Certificate of incorporation
Sponsor SOA Bal. 1.5m, Fixed deposit 25m, Total debt and credit over 108m.
Sponsor Passport (Blood Sister).
Sponsor birth certificate.

Co Sponsor Letter of Intro. (Head of Operations leading Nigerian bank)
Co Sponsor Property doc.
Co Sponsor SOA 85 Naira Total credit/debit 22M (very funny she didn't want to give me her main account. she said all they needed was to see the cash flow, we argued the thing tire)
Co Sponsor Certificate of treasury bill 10M
Co Sponsor Birth certificate
Co sponsor Passport
My Passport
Police report
Nysc discharge
Family I.Ds
School fees receipt ( 7000k) Paid

Actually my brother used only my co sponsor as his only sponsor and he applied only once.

where is your statement of purpose? Try write a good one, VO is more interested in your SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
librasat:

where is your statement of purpose? Try write a good one, VO is more interested in your SOP.

Sorry i forgot to put it there .
I wrote a beautiful one.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
Bro, I believe 'purpose of visit' is just a way of saying ur intention to study isn't genuine. So well....u cud look into ur sop, some say fee payment/accommodation helps too, is ur work experience related to ur proposed course of study, how about ur previous qualification, age may not really mean so much and yea I believe the level of the program u'r going for mean something too....for instance;.u may need to explain well y u av a bsc n u wanna go a diploma course hmmn.... if I be VO too I wud doubt d purpose of visit...

Thanks bro...I don't have any prior qualifications..just SSCE gotten in 05 n since then I have been engaging in vocational studies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
i did medical upfront bt online and i didnt get any mail that my trv has been approved but told to submit my passport then....[quote author=Cufs post=28482450][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.