Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830462 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
I'm for 26th..Windsorite also
pchax:
Good Afternoon.

I collected my passport yesterday with the Visa on it. Thanks to God! Also, I appreciate this community for letting me "disturb" them with some bogging questions. Details of my application are below.

BACKGROUND AND TMELINE:

I submitted online on the 28th of September and did my biometrics the next day.
I used a sponsor (my dad) and a co-sponsor (my brother in-law).

DOCUMENTS:
❖[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/w49f060ivckxtk2/redacted%20dad%20sop.pdf?dl=0] My Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 12M Fixed Deposit)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ebykroj7ov4dvo/redacted%20inlaws%20sponsorship.pdf?dl=0]My Co-Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 5M Corporate Account)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvxhyhzqm0e7e83/my%20SOP%20to%20Embassy%20redacted.pdf?dl=0]My Letter[/url]

NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS AND RISKS TAKEN:
1. Did not submit my SOA
2. Did not submit my NYSC Certificate
3. Scanned all the documents with my Tablet with poor lighting. Had to photo edit each document to make it readable atleast.
4. Did not pay school fees
5. Non of the documents were notarized neither was an affidavit sworn. They were all on plain A4 sheets. My sponsor had no letter head (retired and not working). My co-sponsor had a letter head.

Please feel free to ask any questions concerning the application package. I saw the format that I employed in the application on a Pakistani forum where TRV hopefuls meet.

Once again, thank you all and wishing us all more TRVs. I give all glory to God.

Now who is joining me in ethopian airlines on the 26th? cheesy

EDIT: I no get access to my NL email. Abeg no vex if you send me PM and I no reply.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
mcdonald123:
thanks....bur i dunno hw 2 use dis PM ish o....so lemme drop ma looking forward 2 d mail...God bless u... All dis consulate pipo sef....wats their stress...som1 cant get a different degree in a field differnt from first degree in their country....
... No one says u cant... its how u package urself ... alot are here and applied going for something different from their initial degree... but it must be related somehow... or u working in the field and prompts u to improve urself in that new field...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Anyone with the Ethiopia 26th? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... No one says u cant... its how u package urself ... alot are here and applied going for something different from their initial degree... but it must be related somehow... or u working in the field and prompts u to improve urself in that new field...
kk....i get u mr siga...thanks, wat do u fink bout an agent...cos am pretty shaken up, nd dunn want any issue again, cos it wunt b funny @ all...pls ur opinion nd any1 elses is needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
mcdonald123:
kk....i get u mr siga...thanks, wat do u fink bout an agent...is it advisable, wanted 2 use dis ...do u knw any tin bout dem...cos am pretty shaken up, nd dunn want any issue again, cos it wunt b funny @ all...pls ur opinion nd any1 elses is needed.
... Modify ur post ... thats a form of ad for the agent... I dont like agents and I dont know them...If u feel comfortable using any agent... go ahead... agents cant guarantee u visa... a good one will only package u well ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... Modify ur post ... thats a form of ad for the agent... I dont like agents and I dont know them...If u feel comfortable using any agent... go ahead... agents cant guarantee u visa... a good one will only package u well ...
kk...done dat...wat bout d issue of strong ties wiv canada, hw do i tackle dat...cos i put in d form dat my sister styys dere...cud dat b d reason? Bur she styys in calgary nd am going 2 london ontario..its 30 hours by road nd 3 hours by air...dunt see hw dat shud affect?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
mcdonald123:
kk...done dat...wat bout d issue of strong ties wiv canada, hw do i tackle dat...cos i put in d form dat my sister styys dere...cud dat b d reason? Bur she styys in calgary nd am going 2 london ontario..its 30 hours by road nd 3 hours by air...dunt see hw dat shud affect?
... See this bro... u dey analyse trip distance... It doesnt matter... U guys would be inside same yard now... but that shouldnt make u feel u cant refire as thats something u cant change... U will have to write a convincing SOP as to why u should be granted and how u plan to return to naija after studies per prospects... I guess ur sis came in as a student and stay put... well.. we have alot of people that have families here as well and were granted... just fix all u can fix and hope for the best... As per ur ties to Canada... U cant fix that oo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... See this bro... u dey analyse trip distance... It doesnt matter... U guys would be inside same yard now... but that shouldnt make u feel u cant refire as thats something u cant change... U will have to write a convincing SOP as to why u should be granted and how u plan to return to naija after studies per prospects... I guess ur sis came in as a student and stay put... well.. we have alot of people that have families here as well and were granted... just fix all u can fix and hope for the best... As per ur ties to Canada... U cant fix that oo..
lol....nah shes actally a citezen....bur thanks 4 d heads up...wud work on dem all...God bless u...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
mcdonald123:
lol....nah shes actally a citezen....bur thanks 4 d heads up...wud work on dem all...God bless u...
... Was she born here or came in as a student initially...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nabylet:

They are just confused...
pls ar u goin n for UG...or PG.....because....i jst callee the school of graduate..studies..and they said i shud get a letter statin dt my course waz don n english....or my school can state it n my .....transcript.........im goin n for graduate studies....pgdip safety and risk engineering MUN.... pls lets talk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... Was she born here or came in as a student initially...
she was born dere....bur skulled in nigeria first degree nd masters, den decided 2 go bak dere...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
mcdonald123:
she was born dere....bur skulled in nigeria first degree nd masters, den decided 2 go bak dere...
... Well... Hope for the best cos u cant lie say u no sabi her...lol grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
pls ar u goin n for UG...or PG.....because....i jst callee the school of graduate..studies..and they said i shud get a letter statin dt my course waz don n english....or my school can state it n my .....transcript.........im goin n for graduate studies....pgdip safety and risk engineering..... MUN.... pls kindly contact me lets talk.....i nor wn go waste..money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Cancity234:
Anyone with the Ethiopia 26th? grin grin grin grin grin

That makes us 3 now. I sent you an email. Confirm receipt boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
emperoracro:

Are u goin for UG or PG or Master?
And what department.
E be like say sometin dey worry dose guys
pls ar u goin n for UG...or PG.....because....i jst callee the
school of graduate..studies..and they said i shud get a letter
statin dt my course waz don n english....or my school can state
it n my .....transcript.........im goin n for graduate
studies....pgdip safety and risk engineering..... MUN.... pls
kindly contact me lets talk.....i nor wn go waste..money...pls cntact me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Anyone on emirates for 17th to Winnipeg? grin
there's a change over at ORD sha o.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... Well... Hope for the best cos u cant lie say u no sabi her...lol grin
yea...thanks bruv....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
@sodikworld where @thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
joeyf:
tanx man but I still niad details cos dis not the only thing needed

What other things do u wanna knw?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
.....hi guys...just received d much awaited mail dz evening. Av bn called up for medical. I almost passed out when I wanted to check the mail. Rily appreciate u guys for ur inputs, take, suggestions etc.....finally prayer works

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ok...will check now sir
double08:

That makes us 3 now. I sent you an email. Confirm receipt boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
congrat
Asalyn:
.....hi guys...just received d much awaited mail dz evening. Av bn called up for medical. I almost passed out when I wanted to check the mail. Rily appreciate u guys for ur inputs, take, suggestions etc.....finally prayer works
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Asalyn:
Av bn called up for medical. I almost passed out when I wanted to check the mail.
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Asalyn:
Prayed to read something like this today...
More of it for ALL.
Congratz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nabylet:

They are just confused...

They are suffering from Hay Fever, hahahhhaahhahhhahahahahaaahahahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
finally some good news to chew on, Lolzz. Congrats Asalyn. Wow am so happy for U..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
oduado:
pls ar u goin n for UG...or PG.....because....i jst callee the school of graduate..studies..and they said i shud get a letter statin dt my course waz don n english....or my school can state it n my .....transcript.........im goin n for graduate studies....pgdip safety and risk engineering MUN.... pls lets talk

I'm going for a second UG. What was the long speech Peter told me then? They are just confused.. Mshew
Please ask them again and again, if possible send them a mail so that they can respond in writing, then if in the future they change their mouth, you quote them. They told me at first that I don't need the Ietls thingy, but now they closed my app, opened another one with the request for Ietls or toefl. So please be smart with your money as they are confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by holyjacket: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
Asalyn:
Congrats. Pls when did you apply? PG or UG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Asalyn:
congrats bro wen did u apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Akoachere: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello to the house,I have been following this forum for some time now and really appreciate the good work here.please I got some questions to ask
I got GCE A Levels in science ( biology,chemistry and maths) from Cameroon. Also got my degree in Economics from same Cameroon. I wish to apply on a 2 years program in hospitality management in a college in Canada.please house I just wish to enquire if I'm on a safe track.
Also I'm living and working in Thailand as an English teacher.Please will I face any prob with the VO since my job has got no link with my course of study?
Sorry for the lengthy msg.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
Asalyn:

Na wa. Finally some water in the desert. Congrats bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.