Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827498 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Siga:
... Na Labrador u dey... land of those rednecks... Nna be careful oo... lol ... go to drug mart... get Buckleys..
I'll relay the message to him, I'm still within the coast of Naija.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 12:08am On Dec 04, 2014
ManTiger:

Bro tune up that SoA and I'm sure you'll testify. Sorry for the delay. Is your program starting Jan? Does it have May intake? You might have to defer though.

No May or Sept intake,just January. I am being reviewed for a slightly related program i found on there website.
Thanks man
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2014
standupguy:

No May or Sept intake,just January. I am being reviewed for a slightly related program i found on there website.
Thanks man
All the best
That could be painful but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Be strong bro.
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Mr siga good day,
please reply my lengthy mail I sent to ur mail box.
Thanks boss.

I can't wait for the day we (nairalanders) would all gather under one roof in canada and have a get together +item 7 and booze to meet in person. #just a thought from the little boy inside of me..lol

And Goodluck to everybody.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by OtunbaJega: 12:25am On Dec 04, 2014
Smiling from Manitoba...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2014
vanrichie4u:
Mr siga good day,
please reply my lengthy mail I sent to ur mail box.
Thanks boss.

I can't wait for the day we (nairalanders) would all gather under one roof in canada and have a get together +item 7 and booze to meet in person. #just a thought from the little boy inside of me..lol

And Goodluck to everybody.
... Chai... long but read thru and replied...waka jeje

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks boss for having my time. Guess we learn everyday. Na to see who fit take me for may now. If not i wait for niagara colleges deferrment for sept 2015 thanks sir
akanni:

Lobatan!! you got it covered bro and gives a nice handle to it.Just indicate that it is a medium term plan and this program will benefit both you and the company.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:20am On Dec 04, 2014
Neva heard of d school. Noce one i go peep them be dat
standupguy:

Just wrote algonquin to know if they take scanned email copies of transcript. i find it hard applying to any school that doesn't offer online application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:25am On Dec 04, 2014
Boss thanks for this inpit...truely appreciate. I added letter of sponsorship from my sponsor. But i ddnt notarize it. I jave taken all u said into consideration. Edtate management course...hmmmm...well all na to cross. ..thanks again i humbly appreciate.
Anugoson:
@ Kaynine59...With the ideas u have gotten from this forum u have been able 2 point out 2 some of ur mistakes...Most of the reasons they gave would be addressed in ur SOP,like travel history,length of proposed stay and purpose of visit...As for ur course of study I dint see any correlation btw ur intended course of study and ur work experience...get a course similar 2 Estate management and co...also add ur employment details,which include letter of employment,pay slips and leave letter..Furthermore if u can get a co-sponsor based here in Nigeria,like one taking care of ur tuition and the other taking care of other expenses I believe it will help...U dint add Letter of sponsorship,so u should add it this time around(notarized)...don't forget 2 add ur sch fees receipt...Finally as for land docs it's another form of home tie,u can meet a lawyer for transfer of ownership in ur name since ur dad is late...Be strong bro...Wishing u all da best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 1:27am On Dec 04, 2014
I have d survey and land use act cert. But no c of o
Joe980:
I believe survey plan/c of o/land use cert of his dad would fly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zda05: 2:11am On Dec 04, 2014
Hi..gooday guys..pls I need your advice..i got admission with toronto university canada to start 1 January 2015, I v paid for the first semester tuition fee..the remaining balance expected in my sponsor account for two years is 7M but my sponsor only have 6.5M and wants to write a cover letter stating he will be sending my living expense on a monthly basis to cover the remaining 500 thousand..my sponsor is my dad, he is currently employed as senior lecturer and receives salary close to 300 thousand a month..will canada embassy grant student visa on this basis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 5:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... U don't need to... U can reuse what u have... since u are using same sponsor... but if u are adding a co sponsor... u might wanna get another one for him/her...
k.....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by YoboTerry(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Haustraliah:

Different schools with different policy.
eg. Sault college took 5 working days.
Medicine hate college took 3 weeks.
Good luck.
It's Saskatchewan university.
They have sent it to international admissions for review and have given me temporary username and password. please reply
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 5:25am On Dec 04, 2014
kaynine59:
I have d survey and land use act cert. But no c of o
You are good with the availables.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 5:28am On Dec 04, 2014
[b] May the JOY & BLESSINGS associated with this season overflow to everyone here and beyound...AMEN

1. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG delayed
2. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
3. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip delayed
4. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, paper, 2nd UG.
5. Babahor: OCTOBER 15, seneca college, online, PG.MEDICAL
6. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma.delayed
7. newbie2014: OCTOBER 16, GBC, online, PG.
8. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG.
9. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG.
10. holu26: OCTOBER 17, Uni of Lethbridge, online, UG.
11. blink6: OCTOBER 21, MUN, online, UG.
12. Akinmoj: OCTOBER 20, Brandon Uni, Paper, UG.
13. chops33: OCTOBER 22, Brandon uni, online, UG.
14. Tnuola: OCTOBER 23, Lambton college, paper, PG.
15. basukajoe: October 24, Niagara College, Paper, PG
15a: Halimaah:October29, online, humber college, PGD.
16 Joe980: NOVEMBER 1, UOttawa, paper, PG.
17. castiello: NOVEMBER 2, York University, online, PG.
18. Chuckie414: NOVEMBER 3 ,SAIT, paper, UG.
19. warrikid: NOVEMBER 4, Humber college, online, PG.
20. mrnilobrawn: Nov 6, UNB, Online, PG
21. mamula: NOVEMBER 17, Seneca, online, PG
22. bellniki1: Nov 19, Niagara college, paper.
23. Padike: NOV 19, Carleton Uni, Ottawa, PG winter 2014. Online

UPDATED
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2014
Siga:
... Na Labrador u dey... land of those rednecks... Nna be careful oo... lol ... go to drug mart... get Buckleys..
How you mean by "Red necks"?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:34am On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:

Hi @blink6 how did u go about your UG application to MUN? Pls lemme know or PM me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:

#awon omo oro wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:52am On Dec 04, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Hi @blink6 how did u go about your UG application to MUN? Pls lemme know or PM me.

Applying to MUN is done online.
You have to pay cad$100 as app fee. After filling the form, you will have to send them your O'level final exam details( waec, neco or GCE).

The details include; Exam number, scratch card pin, scratch card serial number and date of exam. They collect this so as to verify the authenticity themselves and to save you the stress of having to send the docs via courier services.

NB: Some peeps have been complaining about MUN asking them to submit IELTS result as proof of English Proficiency. But, it depends on the route you are taking... Routes as in; A fresh UG student or A transfer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:56am On Dec 04, 2014
Joe980:
#awon omo oro wink

My yoruba part no understand that word. Can you maybe explain it in Chinese? cry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:

My yoruba part no understand that word. Can you maybe explain it in Chinese? cry
Lol. Thanks grin. He meant Niha ( in Chinese lady's voice) just kidding. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 7:11am On Dec 04, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Lol. Thanks grin. He meant Niha ( in Chinese lady's voice) just kidding. smiley

LOL. In English please. So yuh for UG?

I thought you already in CA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by showfz(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
Omo i dey fear small small o. all these delays. May God favour us in Jesus Name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:

LOL. In English please. So yuh for UG?

I thought you already in CA?
Nope. I was delayed. NBCC diploma. I plan to refire next year may for fall cos I deferred my admission. Am looking at schools I can apply to. I felt I was denied cos I applied for a diploma. I want to get an UG admission so dat wen I get there I can change to NBCC (na to get there be the koko cheesy) Still researching and in the cause of dat MUN,Humber,university of manitoba and Seneca came to mind I have checked their admission requirements by God's grace I will apply next week. I still need guidance tho cos it's my first time applying myself. I used an agent initially.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2014
showfz:
Omo i dey fear small small o. all these delays. May God favour us in Jesus Name
It doesn't help grin. Just pray dat helps.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Blackkie: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2014
I came across this piece of information. may be it will help.

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
if you ever been refused a canadian visa.. and u really wanna know why you been refused.. pls apply for caips.. i just got my result for caips today.. and im amazed from what i found.. it explains everything that was going thru the V.O's mind the moment he/she touch/touched your application... what the v.o thinks of your application and what his/her personal ''say'' about it...

here is what i found out...

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for your recent file request - we have now received your GCMS notes from cic and I enclose a copy for you in Adobe pdf format.

I am very sorry to see that your application for a study permit was refused. I am afraid that we are seeing a very large number of study permit (and other temporary visa) applications refused, mostly for one or more reasons that we cited see over and over again:
- studies completely unrelated to an applicant's educational/employment history
- where an applicant has applied to do a course similar to one that they have already completed
- where a similar course would be considerably cheaper to study nearer to home
- the ability of an applicant to actually complete a course of study (usually in this case they would cite evidence of poor marks from earlier educational courses)
- the bona fides of the applicant's intentions (whether it appears the applicant is using the study permit as a means to enter Canada with no intention of completing the course of study)
- whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada and/or the source of such funds
- where an applicant appears to have strong ties to Canada and/or weak ties to their home country

It is important to understand these in context - since Canada tightened up its permanent residency visa requirements in 2008, temporary visas have become the only way for many people to enter Canada. As such, cic have become extra vigilant in ensuring anyone issued a temporary visa is actually intending to come to Canada temporarily, and not using their visa as a way of entering the country with no intention of leaving.

You will find the visa officers' notes on your case on pages 12-13 of the file. It seems that cic's primary concerns are "not clear why he would want to attend school in Canada instead of USA.... do not find studies reasonable under these circumstances..."

Unfortunately, the notes on your case are particularly short and unhelpful, but reading between the lines you can infer that cic are worried about your lack of family or any other ties at home (family, property, job, car, financial resources etc. etc.) that would act as an incentive to leave once your course is completed.

If you wish to reapply successfully, I am afraid that you would bear these factors in mind when preparing your new application.

best wishes

Trish Bridson, CAIPS FileCheck

Now i know what to work on when i apply again...

P.S Congrats to everyone that have got their visa.. and goodluck to those applying... xxxx

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Blackkie: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2014
Chief Siga,
Good morning.

Do you have the current idea of getting ones case file from CIC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by showfz(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2014
lilspiceyy:

It doesn't help grin. Just pray dat helps.

Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by epistlegcfr: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2014
Oga joe980...I sent you a bbm request na since last week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 9:00am On Dec 04, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Nope. I was delayed. NBCC diploma. I plan to refire next year may for fall cos I deferred my admission. Am looking at schools I can apply to. I felt I was denied cos I applied for a diploma. I want to get an UG admission so dat wen I get there I can change to NBCC (na to get there be the koko cheesy) Still researching and in the cause of dat MUN,Humber,university of manitoba and Seneca came to mind I have checked their admission requirements by God's grace I will apply next week. I still need guidance tho cos it's my first time applying myself. I used an agent initially.

Once Upon a time, I was interested in NBCC cos of their fee. But, Any skool that doesn't have online app platform, dey vex me.

Anyways, I will always be here to help you through MUN. God ain't sleeping.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Waoh.. This is a lot of information and they also specify the xact reasons for the refusal on those pages they ask you to check?
Blackkie:
I came across this piece of information. may be it will help.

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
if you ever been refused a canadian visa.. and u really wanna know why you been refused.. pls apply for caips.. i just got my result for caips today.. and im amazed from what i found.. it explains everything that was going thru the V.O's mind the moment he/she touch/touched your application... what the v.o thinks of your application and what his/her personal ''say'' about it...

here is what i found out...

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for your recent file request - we have now received your GCMS notes from cic and I enclose a copy for you in Adobe pdf format.

I am very sorry to see that your application for a study permit was refused. I am afraid that we are seeing a very large number of study permit (and other temporary visa) applications refused, mostly for one or more reasons that we cited see over and over again:
- studies completely unrelated to an applicant's educational/employment history
- where an applicant has applied to do a course similar to one that they have already completed
- where a similar course would be considerably cheaper to study nearer to home
- the ability of an applicant to actually complete a course of study (usually in this case they would cite evidence of poor marks from earlier educational courses)
- the bona fides of the applicant's intentions (whether it appears the applicant is using the study permit as a means to enter Canada with no intention of completing the course of study)
- whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada and/or the source of such funds
- where an applicant appears to have strong ties to Canada and/or weak ties to their home country

It is important to understand these in context - since Canada tightened up its permanent residency visa requirements in 2008, temporary visas have become the only way for many people to enter Canada. As such, cic have become extra vigilant in ensuring anyone issued a temporary visa is actually intending to come to Canada temporarily, and not using their visa as a way of entering the country with no intention of leaving.

You will find the visa officers' notes on your case on pages 12-13 of the file. It seems that cic's primary concerns are "not clear why he would want to attend school in Canada instead of USA.... do not find studies reasonable under these circumstances..."

Unfortunately, the notes on your case are particularly short and unhelpful, but reading between the lines you can infer that cic are worried about your lack of family or any other ties at home (family, property, job, car, financial resources etc. etc.) that would act as an incentive to leave once your course is completed.

If you wish to reapply successfully, I am afraid that you would bear these factors in mind when preparing your new application.

best wishes

Trish Bridson, CAIPS FileCheck

Now i know what to work on when i apply again...

P.S Congrats to everyone that have got their visa.. and goodluck to those applying... xxxx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2014
Sorry for the delay sir, to my understanding and expr from this thread: u shudnt have added ccna/ccnp cos it indicates you understand a lots in this field....i was also delayed cos i presentd Cisco, CompTia, A+ etc when i first applied: am a computer science graduate and heading to Lamption for information technology professional. TRV at hand now... dont relent bro
mcdonald123:
asin i jes weak...all relevant documents were tendered....being following dis forum 4 a while nw...so i was very careful....SOA was 3.8 m after payment of fees....sponsor was my dad...hes a professor so gud inflow of cash montly...only 2 dependants my self nd my younger bro...nd we noth done wiv service....i currently work @ an ICT firm. I included employment letter....i studied elect/ elect 4 first degree... Nd m going 4 information systems security in fanshawe college....i also av mu ccna/ ccnp so its a related field...i included it in my SOP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.