Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825962 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks Home boy!! bro my advice is that u shud check your course list and see if there are courses listed there that's related to Cisco in ur proposed course of study, if yes you dont need to add your cisco cert. Your first degree is an IT course right plus you currently working in an IT firm so its enough to convince the VO that you ok for intended course of study..... Lastly another red flag for adding your Cisco cert: You making it known to the VO that you know a lots having done Cisco. Thats my view bro
mcdonald123:
congrats sodikworkd....i indicated cos i wanted dem 2 knw am in a related field...plus am going 4 information security...i only did cisco route nd switch no security...i stated it in my SOP...so wats ur advice sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
emperoracro:

MUN UG fall 2015 CS!
hello...pls i called MUN....and they said i dont nid toefl o....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Joe980:
Oga mi, stressful bii ti bawo? Na your entire house you wan carry go ni? cheesy

Na everything ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TwinkleDammy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:
@MrArams, you lucky. What will we( Awaitees) do at this time. It will almost seem like a rush hour. December is here already...and we never even do medicals not to talk of preparing.

@nate433guy, when did you apply?

#God ain't sleeping though.
Myself dey await medical.I taught diz online processing will be fast.I pray we are all successful in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TwinkleDammy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
nate433guy:
I applied on the 13th of October and was called for medical on the 20th of November and did my medical on the 24th of November and I just checked my visa status now and it says my processed passport has bn dispatched from the Canadian office Accra, on 03/12/2014 to the Canadian visa application center
Was it in Accra you processed yours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennybravo1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello my people pls I submitted my visa application on Oct 20 and some days ago when I tracked it I don't understand the English. The status reads that : your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada visa office accra on 02/12/2014 to the Canada application center. Pls what does that means pls is it acceptance or rejection. Thanks I will appreciate a quick response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by nekkii(f): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
kennybravo1:
Hello my people pls I submitted my visa application on Oct 20 and some days ago when I tracked it I don't understand the English. The status reads that : your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada visa office accra on 02/12/2014 to the Canada application center. Pls what does that means pls is it acceptance or rejection. Thanks I will appreciate a quick response
if you haven't been asked to do medicals then you've been refused

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Good Afternoon.

I collected my passport yesterday with the Visa on it. Thanks to God! Also, I appreciate this community for letting me "disturb" them with some bogging questions. Details of my application are below.

BACKGROUND AND TMELINE:

I submitted online on the 28th of September and did my biometrics the next day.
I used a sponsor (my dad) and a co-sponsor (my brother in-law).

DOCUMENTS:
❖[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/w49f060ivckxtk2/redacted%20dad%20sop.pdf?dl=0] My Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 12M Fixed Deposit)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ebykroj7ov4dvo/redacted%20inlaws%20sponsorship.pdf?dl=0]My Co-Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 5M Corporate Account)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvxhyhzqm0e7e83/my%20SOP%20to%20Embassy%20redacted.pdf?dl=0]My Letter[/url]

NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS AND RISKS TAKEN:
1. Did not submit my SOA
2. Did not submit my NYSC Certificate
3. Scanned all the documents with my Tablet with poor lighting. Had to photo edit each document to make it readable atleast.
4. Did not pay school fees
5. Non of the documents were notarized neither was an affidavit sworn. They were all on plain A4 sheets. My sponsor had no letter head (retired and not working). My co-sponsor had a letter head.

Please feel free to ask any questions concerning the application package. I saw the format that I employed in the application on a Pakistani forum where TRV hopefuls meet.

Once again, thank you all and wishing us all more TRVs. I give all glory to God.

Now who is joining me in ethopian airlines on the 26th? cheesy

EDIT: I no get access to my NL email. Abeg no vex if you send me PM and I no reply.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Shyee:

it seems the IELTS issue has to do with the program of study. I applied to Eng'ring dept in August for Fall 2015, I only used English as medium of instruction. Yes for MUN
dt cud b tru bcoz...i called em...and dey said....they only nid a letter statin dat my course waz don n english....dts for pgdip....oil and gas engineering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
soji0509:
The solution to the fear expressed quoted below is not too hard.
Those who have had their TRV may assist in posting SOP here after carefully removing their personal details. After all, they have nothing to loose
in the event of a copy and paste by a mentally lazy applicant.
Only the applicant who does a robotic reproduction has everything to loose.
I have a strong believe that with a dozen volunteers of excellent SOP as advised , this forum will be helped immeasurable.
Best wishes to all.
"EIDT: Someone noted below that this can give room to plagiarism. Using the example I cited of my SOP to gain admission, I believe no serious person can plagiarize because even if you want to copy the style and format, you would still need to put in your own words."

Thank you soji0509 for that. I wish more people did this. When I came to this forum, I was looking for sample SOPs that Nigerians write. I couldn't get one. During my search for sample SOPs I stumbled upon different forums form different countries (Kenya, Bnagladesh, Pakistan, UK etc) where I came in contact with dozens of SOPs after going their threads. I even posted a tip I found on a Kenyan site some few months back on how to write SOPs. The overall template I applied for my application was taken from a Pakistani site.

I just wish more people could post SOPs here to really help others and give them an idea of how SOPs in particular and the application package in general is structured. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
vanrichie4u:

check http://www.nairaland.com /1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 for online app steps....

how about the paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by WESTERNCR: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
kennybravo1:

Sorry bro it is delayed not rejection..... You have to refire don't give up. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
oduado:

Are u goin for UG or PG or Master?
And what department.
E be like say sometin dey worry dose guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
toucheli:
good day all, I'm trying to confirm where the closest international airport to delta state is, i'm considering flying from Canada to Delta state in a couple days time, anyone got an idea what my connecting route will be?? reply needed asap..thanks

Eli, is that you?? angry angry angry

BTW, bring me canadian Gala on your way, i will prefer you buy it inside hold up.
They say the ones from the hold up are fresh as i heard tho...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Please I have a maternal uncle who is a professor nd my mum is a trader but a small shop but has 2 buildings den lands with shares but dont have much moni in acct which my dad left b4 he died what doucments are reqired for them to bring want to use my uncle as a sponsor nd my mum co sponsor plz nid reply ugently tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
I
pchax:
Good Afternoon.

I collected my passport yesterday with the Visa on it. Thanks to God! Also, I appreciate this community for letting me "disturb" them with some bogging questions. Details of my application are below.

BACKGROUND AND TMELINE:

I submitted online on the 28th of September and did my biometrics the next day.
I used a sponsor (my dad) and a co-sponsor (my brother in-law).

DOCUMENTS:
❖[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/w49f060ivckxtk2/redacted%20dad%20sop.pdf?dl=0] My Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 12M Fixed Deposit)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ebykroj7ov4dvo/redacted%20inlaws%20sponsorship.pdf?dl=0]My Co-Sponsor's Letter (SOA: 5M Corporate Account)[/url]
❖ [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvxhyhzqm0e7e83/my%20SOP%20to%20Embassy%20redacted.pdf?dl=0]My Letter[/url]

NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS AND RISKS TAKEN:
1. Did not submit my SOA
2. Did not submit my NYSC Certificate
3. Scanned all the documents with my Tablet with poor lighting. Had to photo edit each document to make it readable atleast.
4. Did not pay school fees
5. Non of the documents were notarized neither was an affidavit sworn. They were all on plain A4 sheets. My sponsor had no letter head (retired and not working). My co-sponsor had a letter head.

Please feel free to ask any questions concerning the application package. I saw the format that I employed in the application on a Pakistani forum where TRV hopefuls meet.

Once again, thank you all and wishing us all more TRVs. I give all glory to God.

Now who is joining me in ethopian airlines on the 26th? cheesy

EDIT: I no get access to my NL email. Abeg no vex if you send me PM and I no reply.

Nice pchax......nice job.
I already learnt a lot from here...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
joeyf:
Please if I have my maternal uncle who is a professor nd my mum is a trader but a small shop but has 2 buildings den lands with shares but dont have much moni in acct which my dad left b4 he died what doucments are reqired for them to bring want to use my uncle as a sponsor nd my mum co sponsor plz nid reply ugently tanx

#Ur Mums birth cert, bearing ur uncles surname (i.e if ur so called uncle is maternal)
#Ur mums marriage cert,showing ur dad's surname
#let d land docs remain in ur dad's name.
U can explain further in ur SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
oduado:

They are just confused...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mcdonald123(m): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Sodikworld:
Thanks Home boy!! bro my advice is that u shud check your course list and see if there are courses listed there that's related to Cisco in ur proposed course of study, if yes you dont need to add your cisco cert. Your first degree is an IT course right plus you currently working in an IT firm so its enough to convince the VO that you ok for intended course of study..... Lastly another red flag for adding your Cisco cert: You making it known to the VO that you know a lots having done Cisco. Thats my view bro
kkk....i studied elect/ elect as my first degree....finished 2012, served in november 2013 jes put dat cisco so d VO knows wat i did dat period...i started working in an IT firm in 2014 while serving....trying 2 get a study leave from my HR, i hope dat helps...so mayb i will jes bone d cisco tingy nd nat add it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Anugoson:
@ pchax...I appreciate ur open mindedness and rich idea cos it will help a lot of us in this forum,a proverb in my place says Uche onye adi njo (meaning someone's idea is not bad)but there are somethings we have to consider knowing fully well that this is a public forum,and u don't know who is who here...plagiarism is the major issue here and if u can remember during ur UG days how some people copy each others assignment word 2 word(copy and paste) some are even ready 2 copy the person's name too,I'm suggesting that the best thing to do here is to write out the STEPS to follow when writing SOPs for Visa and for supervisor,with that i believe that it will go a long way in helping us...Thanks

justwise:

It will be a grave mistake for anybody to post his/ her SOP openly here because people will copy it word to word and submit before the owner. SOP should be personal and private.

warrikid:
my thots exactly. Sorry 2 say,buh we have some really (mentally) lazy students from my experience. Let's play it safe pls.
redribs:
@pchax I understand your concern and the idea you are proposing. Using PMs (and emails) still can work...and is safer too. Using a cloud method simply brings back same issue you are trying to address; the problem of having so many advises and not knowing which is best to choose. I am of the school of thought that "you are the best composer of your SOP" because... well, it's your purpose and not anyone else's... only thing one could need help with is how to use the words technically and properly (punctuation and grammar edits, basically) and this can be gotten from friends, family and even anonymous friends here on the forum (using PMs and email).

I have also been analysing this rampant refusals because really, it is getting worrisome ... but contrary to your idea, addressing the SOP was not even on my list (maybe I'm missing something). First thing we should understand, is that, simply listing out docs submitted does not give a true and exact picture of our file. It only gives hints and ideas. Having said that, I prefer to play within the stated reason for refusal because... well, at least it points me in a direction to start with my analysis. The only reason I suspect that can emanate from an incoherent SOP will be "purpose of visit"...and that's not as common as the baba of all the reasons; "insufficient funds". Ok, maybe the letter of explanation might explain the financial docs to a clear perspective but if anything, I think being able to display sufficient funds from a reasonable sponsor can even be self-explanatory... as per u know? MONEY TALKS na.

Been trying really hard not to drop long posts these days because I dread my medicals not coming in this part 6 but since I've started lemme just kuku finish. Pardon my long talk, I'm a very expressive guy grin. Besides it might give good insight to people that have plans to apply.

So as I was saying, financial statements, as simple as they might seem, they can tell a lot about a person's financial behaviour. (Especially for the fact that the one CIC requires is over a stretch of 6 months). People are highly trained to be able to analyse these docs. I can imagine that these VOs are ACCA professionals and stuff. I'm just trying to point out that it's possible that these VOs actually do immerse themselves in these financial docs to the extent of getting really personal. Like they can use the financial docs submitted to make out a story that they think you are trying to portray and if a confusing part of the story can not be explained, they tell you they are "not convinced". That's what I suspect really happens. I even heard (but don't quote me o) that they also contact the banks during the processing time to verify the authenticity of the financial statement and as well as the funds/balance at different times because they are legally bound. It's a plausible thought because really, why else will it take so many weeks to process an application?

In summary sha, applicants should ensure a good bidirectional flow, a reasonable balance, a reasonable sponsor, an authentic sponsor's consent and lastly, ensure that the balance remains reasonable throughout the application process ... and this is where I think most people need to address. Also, if you are using a sponsor that you are not a direct dependant of, I suggest you try to pay your full tuition for a year and have some reasonable funds in your personal account to cover living expenses for the first few weeks/months.

Just my thoughts sha, cos really, I don't know sh*t.

i think a very good outline is better rather than giving people the whole of the SOP.
The reasons are quite clear and glaring.
some people are so stupid that they will give the V.O the exact thing you gave them,
although the V.O may not be the same or may not even see anything wrong in it, but
it is a way of encouraging laziness and telling people not to bring out the best in them.

I believe that if you give people a sound and descriptive outline, that is when they will
discover how unique they are when they construct the SOP by themself.

Also take not that the SOP might not even convince another V.O as they have different
minds and thoughts, and if anyone is denied based on the SOP thingy, they'll still have the
guts to come here and say someone posted the SOP for them to use and the say the person
is responsible for their DELAY
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by WESTERNCR: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hmmm..... I'm tired abt this delay here n there lately ... My ppu we need to pray well oooo. God will help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
emperoracro:

#Ur Mums birth cert, bearing ur uncles surname (i.e if ur so called uncle is maternal)
#Ur mums marriage cert,showing ur dad's surname
#let d land docs remain in ur dad's name.
U can explain further in ur SOP
tanx man but I still niad details cos dis not the only thing needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TwinkleDammy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
blink6:
@MrArams, you lucky. What will we( Awaitees) do at this time. It will almost seem like a rush hour. December is here already...and we never even do medicals not to talk of preparing.

@nate433guy, when did you apply?

#God ain't sleeping though.
God will help us in Jesus name
make dem call us for medical and give us TRV
Please, when called for medical and u submit the medical report does it take long to process bfr giving one visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
@blink6 I'm still on it, God is able
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
@pchax nice one. 26th Ethiopian airline cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Sodikworld(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
nop dont bon it since your first degree didnt correspond with ur proposed course of study sir, now i no where the major problem lies: i wish i knew u b4 u submitted: i wouldnt v allowed to to apply for ur proposed course of study, a frnd was also delayed cos his first degree wasnt similiar to her proposed course of study... guess she used a lawyer in canada to find out by mailing embassy to find out y she was refused and she was told that... now a good SOP can help solve that: i mean a very convincing one bro or since u have deferred ur admissn, u can also mail ur school on how to change ur intend course to smthin similar if possible. When u now get to canny to can now work on how to swap for the initial course of study, pm me now so i can send u couple of good SOP if u intend to proceed in IT course
mcdonald123:
kkk....i studied elect/ elect as my first degree....finished 2012, served in november 2013 jes put dat cisco so d VO knows wat i did dat period...i started working in an IT firm in 2014 while serving....trying 2 get a study leave from my HR, i hope dat helps...so mayb i will jes bone d cisco tingy nd nat add it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oduado: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
emperoracro:

Are u goin for UG or PG or Master?
And what department.
E be like say sometin dey worry dose guys
im goin n.for PGDIP SAFETY AND RISK ENGINEERIN......I GRADUATED...WIF 2:1

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.