Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,480 members, 7,843,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (833257 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
In fact, if possible... I would advise that he stays off job during school terms. Academics in Canada is not beans. Their citizens dey study wella and not push over in academics. it's best to focus in class and come out with good grades. I believe jobs should be left for school holidays.
.... Bros... when u have enough money in the bank to sustain u or better still ....money dey enter from Naija wella... u can say that.... When I was in school.... I worked my behind off... leave work 7am in the morning from working overnight ...then run enter class ... The day I left naija... No one send me kobo... I was told... U are on ur own... with thousands of tuition left to pay... But all Praises to God... Came out excellent in school and landed my job a month after school... So, it depends on individual situation bro... not all man be chop money ooo

18 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovesavvi: Gud afternoon, I can see all the Big bros around, Siga, chrisgo, saxywale. Pls dis my question my sponsor SOA is 5.1 million nd is happen to be my sister. With different surname cox she is married nd am thinkin to add a co sponsor which also my sister with different surname too. Am I gud to go with dis?
... Add on... u are good... just ensure u put something that shows their maiden names to prove they are ur sisters...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siga: .... Bros... when u have enough money in the bank to sustain u or better still ....money dey enter from Naija wella... u can say that.... When I was in school.... I worked my behind off... leave work 7am in the morning from working overnight ...then run enter class ... The day I left naija... No one send me kobo... I was told... U are on ur own... with thousands of tuition left to pay... But all Praises to God... Came out excellent in school and landed my job a month after school... So, it depends on individual situation bro... not all man be chop money ooo
True....but not everyone can combine the rigorous nature of academics with Job. Don't make it sound so easy. I have been through that route as well. m sure you sabi book well well grin

If my family member wants to do same, I would normally go against it but just like you said...it depends on individual situations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovesavvi: Gud afternoon, I can see all the Big bros around, Siga, chrigo, saxywale. Pls dis my question my sponsor SOA is 5.1 million nd is happen to be my sister. With different surname cox she is married nd am thinkin to add a co sponsor which also my sister with different surname too. Am I gud to go with dis?
....Oga siga don do justice to your question....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by koladata(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
please I want to know if i'm going to have problem with my sponsor since we don't bear the same surname. He has the amount that could fund my program in his account. I planed to pay almost half of the total school fee before i leave nigeria then tender a sponsor that will fund the rest of the payment when i get to canada. Its just a 1year diploma program in a school in canada. Please will I have problem with my sponsor? Please your timely response is appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
True....but not everyone can combine the rigorous nature of academics with Job. Don't make it sound so easy. I have been through that route as well. m sure you sabi book well well grin

If my family member wants to do same, I would normally go against it but just like you said...it depends on individual situations.
... I no see where I said its easy my brother... But, when u come from a polygamous family... The way u take get the visa sef... Na God ... And u get rent to pay, bus pass to buy, Food and Tuition... No one go tell u before book go enter ur brains after working all night... Just thank ur Stars that u are lucky... At least u guys have the opportunity to work... We had nothing like that ... and na Max. 1yr PGWP ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
koladata: please I want to know if i'm going to have problem with my sponsor since we don't bear the same surname. He has the amount that could fund my program in his account. I planed to pay almost half of the total school fee before i leave nigeria then tender a sponsor that will fund the rest of the payment when i get to canada. Its just a 1year diploma program in a school in canada. Please will I have problem with my sponsor? Please your timely response is appreciated. Thank you.
.....No problem bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siga: ... Add on... u are good... just ensure u put something that shows their maiden names to prove they are ur sisters...
Thanks Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siga: ... I no see where I said its easy my brother... But, when u come from a polygamous family... The way u take get the visa sef... Na God ... And u get rent to pay, bus pass to buy, Food and Tuition... No one go tell u before book go enter ur brains after working all night... Just thank ur Stars that u are lucky... At least u guys have the opportunity to work... We had nothing like that ... and na Max. 1yr PGWP ...

I didn't school in Canada ooo. I did masters in the UK. I remember holding two jobs while studying , on days without lectures..I go work mcd 9-4pm, go overnight with royal mail 10-6am all in a bid to make ends meet, if i hsd lectures, i would go to mcd in the evening then go to royal mail for overnight.it was worse in winter. And coursework full everywhere. Those days were tough..

All in all, I thank God as I got a job soon after graduation in one of the world biggest cooperation. I came to Canada on PR. But I have met many students here and I usually like to talk to them and share in their experience. One just got a job in Nexen sef. A lot of them are doing well for themselves. opportunities abound here in Canada. Students actually find it easier here in canada as holiday jobs in the UK and other developed countries are scarce.

We are still on the same frequency.
If anyone can afford not to work while studying but leave the jobs for holidays, that's the best. As excellent grades is much important. But anyone with financial difficulties wouldn't have much choice.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tariy: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovelydamsel:

I think its better if you google the schools and check for course or program you want to apply for and compare their tutiion fees(the ones offering your program)nairaland might not be able to give an authentic answer.and you might be able to know each school requirement.all the best.there was a cheap school luvyl3 mentioned can't remember the name.she mentioned it this morning
Thanks babes really do appreciate your response....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale hi please can I send you a mail later in the day? Want to ask you something.will inform you here when I pm you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
tariy: Thanks babes really do appreciate your response....

Always welcome smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovelydamsel: saxywale hi please can I send you a mail later in the day? Want to ask you something.will inform you here when I pm you
You can pm me though I may not reply immediately. if it's something that would benefit others, you should be able to post it on here so you can get multiple answers and opinions and benefit to others as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Amefrica: Happy Last Sunday & Happy New Week! smiley May the good God grant each of us his/her heart desire..

Winter applicants, I wish y'all overflowing Medicals and TRVs. smiley

And to everybody traveling this week, may God grant us journey mercies.

(AMIN!)
thanks and God bless you sire. Have a safe trip make una dey go clear way for us,we go soon meet up 4 dat way. #Peace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
warrikid: thanks and God bless you sire. Have a safe trip make una dey go clear way for us,we go soon meet up 4 dat way. #Peace.

Sure boss! We go dey expect una... smiley Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
You can pm me though I may not reply immediately. if it's something that would benefit others, you should be able to post it on here so you can get multiple answers and opinions and benefit to others as well.

Thank you my question does not have anything to do with this forum.wanted to find out if it was difficult to transfer from the uk to canada?I know someone who wants to go through this poceedure.he has a 2.2 and does not want to go to college(canada); prefers to go through uk for masters.what's your advice on that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by koladata(m): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
ChriGo: .....No problem bro....
Thank you sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Canadidacy(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
ChriGo: ...How far Padi....longtime....good to see you back from hiding grin.....
Thanks Chrigo; Eze Ndi Obodo Nigeria 1 of Lambton. My regards to Miss Bon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Thank you my question does not have anything to do with this forum.wanted to find out if it was difficult to transfer from the uk to canada?I know someone who wants to go through this poceedure.he has a 2.2 and does not want to go to college(canada); prefers to go through uk for masters.what's your advice on that?
What do you mean when you say transfer. Do you mean transferring credits from a uni in the UK to a uni in Canada?
If that is what you mean, it would be almost impossible. Western Canadian universities are very competitive. I don't know much about eastern Canadian unis. They can't even cater for all their own students. Best bet for someone that decides to go through that route would be to work hard on his/her Msc, then apply for PhD in Canada. I have 2 friends in Saskatchewan and one in Manitoba that came to Canada through the PhD route. I am not sure if they have applied for their PR yet.There is a PR stream via PhD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Life in Toronto,came through Air France....thank God for journey mercies na higher higher we go dey go by God's grace. Where I go see cheap clothes around here? Would walmart be cheap?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
What do you mean when you say transfer. Do you mean transferring credits from a uni in the UK to a uni in Canada?

Sorry my appologies,I mean to move over to canada for job and settlement,after studies in the uk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Aloaye: Life in Toronto,came through Air France....thank God for journey mercies na higher higher we go dey go by God's grace. Where I go see cheap clothes around here? Would walmart be cheap?
... Walmart is good... Then if u are close to Yorkdale... Ask for where Orfus Road is... Thats good as well.... Enjoy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
bodmas3000: Guys Na wa oooo I am resuming on Monday still not granted my visa and I have applied since 11 July 2014 this is the End of August hmmmm I need a lot of prayers now .

Plz get in touch with d sch to defer your admission and keep "faith in GOD" alive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
cman4good: i just submitted my application now, online route..... GOD please help me...

Have an expectant, confident state of mind for God will meet u at the level of your expectation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Sorry my appologies,I mean to move over to canada for job and settlement,after studies in the uk.
Its 100% possible.
Consider Federal skilled worker if you have work experience (I and 5 friend came from the UK through this route)
Provincial skilled worker - 2 friends came through this route

Another route is the skilled worker via Phd stream bet for someone that decides to go through that route would be to work hard on his/her Msc, then apply for PhD in Canada. I have 2 friends in Saskatchewan and one in Manitoba that came to Canada through the PhD route. One of the sask guys has applied for her PR. not sure about the other two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Aloaye: Life in Toronto,came through Air France....thank God for journey mercies na higher higher we go dey go by God's grace. Where I go see cheap clothes around here? Would walmart be cheap?
Another cheap option i learnt from students here in Alberta would be value village thift shops. I am sure they have stores in toronto too. They sell high quality 2nd hand clothes.. you can get designer wears for $5 there. I bought a winter jacket(Canadian goose jacket) that retails for $650 at one of their shops for $50. It was still very new.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
Its 100% possible.
Consider Federal skilled worker if you have work experience (I and 5 friend came from the UK through this route)
Provincial skilled worker - 2 friends came through this route

Another route is the skilled worker via Phd stream bet for someone that decides to go through that route would be to work hard on his/her Msc, then apply for PhD in Canada. I have 2 friends in Saskatchewan and one in Manitoba that came to Canada through the PhD route. One of the sask guys has applied for her PR. not sure about the other two.

Thank you very much.i tried to discourage him tho he said "lie lie" he can't do diploma or graduate studies.when he can get a masters with his 2.2.thanks for enlightening me I really appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2014

welcome to the land of opportunities! whc campus of university of toronto u goin to? Av u gotten ur accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Thank you very much.i tried to discourage him tho he said "lie lie" he can't do diploma or graduate studies.when he can get a masters with his 2.2.thanks for enlightening me I really appreciate.
You are welcome....everyone in the previous post of mine schooled in the UK for Msc and all got into Canada through federal skilled, provincial skilled and PhD stream. But if he can get a school in Canada that would accept a 2.2 for say MSC or pgdip. that would be a shorter route and the best option.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
You are welcome....everyone in the previous post of mine schooled in the UK for Msc and all got into Canada through federal skilled, provincial skilled and PhD stream. But if he can get a school in Canada that would accept a 2.2 for say MSC or pgdip. that would be a shorter route and the best option.

Alright smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Reading from this page always want me to go back to school but i doubt if i will...
I hard a third class from Ife, 2.33 and no school so far is ready to accept me.
I tried options of Post graduate diploma but the 2 schools i applied to said their requirement for PGD is the same as masters.

Can someone be of help?

I can't imagine starting another 4yrs bsc again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
ManTiger: Reading from this page always want me to go back to school but i doubt if i will...
I hard a third class from Ife, 2.33 and no school so far is ready to accept me.
I tried options of Post graduate diploma but the 2 schools i applied to said their requirement for PGD is the same as masters.

Can someone be of help?

I can't imagine starting another 4yrs bsc again.
give me 5 minute. I can't help but can give you an advice that would make you think hard. life experiences....

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.