Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV (30289 Views)

Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. / My Wife Says Her Libido Is Dead. / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by bubbllie(m): 1:27am On Aug 11, 2014
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a man, Phillip Katongu, for allegedly stabbing his wife to death.

Katongu, who hails from Wamba, Nasarawa State, was apprehended by operatives of the Department of Criminal Investigations, Yaba, Lagos.

The police said the victim, Justina, was stabbed to death in a street at Oniru Estate, Maroko, Lagos, where she and her husband were living.

Our correspondent learnt that Justina was stabbed in about three places before she died. Also, the knife used for the murder had been recovered by the police.

Justina, who hailed from Kauro, Kaduna State, did not have any child for the suspect before her death.

It was also learnt that Katongu, who worked as a construction worker on the Victoria Island, had a wife outside the marriage in Nasarawa State before marrying the deceased.

However, after having allegedly killing the wife, Katongu was said to have also attempted to commit suicide before the neighbours forced the door open and rushed him to a nearby hospital where he was revived.

Forty-five-year-old Katongu, told policemen that he killed his wife because she infected him with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, among other misdeeds.

He said, “I married Justina, my second wife in December 2010. I later learnt that she had given birth to two girls for a man. The girls died of AIDS.

“However, when we first met, she did not tell me all these. I explained to her that I have a wife with children and I wanted to marry her too. Before marriage, I told her we should go to hospital to conduct HIV test, but she refused and said that she was HIV negative. So we started sleeping together.”

Katongu added that without his knowledge, his wife had been going to Abuja for medical treatment every three months for HIV, until March 2013 when she took him along.

He said it was at the hospital that she disclosed her HIV status to him.

He said, “I was angry and told the doctor who equally blamed her for not disclosing it to me. The doctor then tested me, and I was positive. We came back to Lagos and continued with the relationship because I loved her. But suddenly, she told me she wanted to pack out from my house that she was no longer interested in marrying me having had another person in Abuja. In fact, the man usually called her on phone while we were together.

“I told her that with her status, she should not go and be infecting people with the virus. And that I will kill her and kill myself. We started fighting and I stabbed her. It was in the early hours. I stabbed her three times with a knife. She shouted and people were knocking at our door.

After she died, I stabbed myself, and the people broke the door open. I woke up to find myself in a hospital. I feel very bad that I killed my wife. I loved her very much.”

Culled from The Punch Newspapers.
www.punchng.com/metro-plus/my-wife-infected-me-with-hiv-killer-husband/

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Rapsainot(m): 1:39am On Aug 11, 2014
hausas and fulanis are killers and criminals..... #smh

waoh I'm the FTC....... SHEY MO FINE?

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by GboyegaD(m): 3:26am On Aug 11, 2014
This is just sheer ignorance on the part of the silly husband.

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Dygeasy(m): 5:41am On Aug 11, 2014
In all sincerity, I most probably would have done the same if I were the man.

The Justina lady is just callous.

39 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by lonelydora: 5:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Na wa
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by alaladakosta(f): 5:44am On Aug 11, 2014
H
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by LMAyedun(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2014
GboyegaD: This is just sheer ignorance on the part of the silly husband.
Really silly and wicked husband. So Barbaric.

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by LMAyedun(m): 5:46am On Aug 11, 2014
Where ignorance will eventually lead us to.... Only God will help.
RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Ayomax(m): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2014
after God, fear women

68 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by korel9: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Would he have preferred Ebola?

11 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2014
I really don't blame the man
After keeping her status a secret and infecting him,
He still accepted and loved her
Next thing she wants to leave him
So, who would accept him with his HIV status?

131 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by otokx(m): 5:49am On Aug 11, 2014
example of poverty.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by olenyi: 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Yay. Too bad.
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by DJDOLA(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
2 be sincere dat woman deserve death....how could she infect her husband wit hiv and still want 2 abandon him...if not for death I wonder how many people dis lady will infect wit her hiv

67 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
dats bad

Learn How to Invest at profitng and earn reasonable profit every 20days... www.profitng.com
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Marv650(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
eeya, derisgodooooooo
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by LMAyedun(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: I really don't blame the man
Are you justifying the killing undecided
There are better ways of dealing with such, he shouldn't have resorted to killing his wife.

8 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by aadoiza: 5:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Hmm! Killing things
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2014
So cutting of the head is the best medication for headaches now abi?

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2014
I'm not justifying the killing at all. It was a very wicked act. Two wrongs do not make a right. But, I'm just looking at things from the man's perspective
LMAyedun: Are justifying the killing undecided
There are better ways of dealing with such than resorting into killing his wife.

35 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by obitobe: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2014
space booked will be back to comment
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by englishmart(m): 5:57am On Aug 11, 2014
What is it with nasarawa people and HIV?

4years ago when we went for some footballing tours in nasarawa state,

One of Their elderly chiefs had to warn us against sleeping with their ladies. That most of them are HIV positive.

Back to the matter,

The man was impatient, he shouldn't have killed her himself. Just let her go. What must be must be

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Adenugay(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2014
g
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Barselonia(m): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2014
rip
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by sammieguze(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2014
bad husband, bad wife

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Lamborghini(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Too bad the dead cannot speak. We can't confirm that the man is telling the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 11, 2014
U are very sincere and honest in your analysis, you'll go far in life.
Ladystewie: I really don't blame the man

19 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 11, 2014
thank you
trukoments: U are very sincere and honest in your analysis, you'll go far in life.

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by smileandlove(f): 6:08am On Aug 11, 2014
LMAyedun: Are you justifying the killing undecided
There are better ways of dealing with such, he shouldn't have resorted to killing his wife.
. No! But she made a crucial point. We are all human!.

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 11, 2014
This is just all sorts of sad.
The man had a family at home but like some of my brothers do, he left his family in the village to start living another lady in a "City Marriage" probably she looked more beautiful and sopisticated.

The woman was wicked, she seems to want to spread the disease all round, she knew she was positive, hide her status and went on to infect the man. Who may have probably in the days of his ignorance infected his wife back home and they would always return to the village during Christmas

After she was done infecting the man, she wanted to move on and infect another man who may also be married. In these days of information why did she feel the need to take as many people with her as possible?

Killing her was needless but so is her own actions, going round infecting others with a disease

18 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by Airforce1(m): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2014
Rip to the dead
Re: Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV by dridowu: 6:12am On Aug 11, 2014
What a sad news for early monday morning.
What a wicked woman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Resources Can Boost Your Marriage And Parenting Skills / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work / Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.